Sandtrooper - Movie Heroes

Reaction score
I could see it now: IMPERIAL LEGION 409: EMPEROR PALPATINE'S LAWNCARE BATTALION
I think the 409th is more of an inside cleaning group as oppopsed to lawncare, but maybe they do both.

Reaction score
^ I couldn't think of a number associated with lawncare. I am dishonoru.

Reaction score
What was that weed spray they used to advertise on TV? Didn't it have a number or am I just thinking of Round-up.

Reaction score
Volcker has some carded pics of the next MH wave over at his site and the case breakdown as well.

- 2012 Movie Heroes Wave 3

I'm still planning in getting a sandtrooper from this line because it looks like a fun figure.

GNT

Reaction score
Nice to see some new carded shots but I'll still be passing on them :p

Reaction score
Nice to see some new carded shots but I'll still be passing on them :p
I guess since the line is for kids, Hasbro won't mind too much. But they are expecting you to buy the one in the Legacy line.;)

Reaction score
The good thing about this one is it is more accurate in terms of sculpt than the current ones but just lacks BJ hips and torso. It's nice to get a clean version since I think it was only offered clean in the TAC Capture of the Tantive IV pack but in that case you did not have the backpacks.

Reaction score
Just look at that massive hose connecting the backpack to his rifle, just to have more room for the electronics.

Could anyone please tell me why they decided to make this instead one of the following choices:

Electronic R2-D2- based on either the Resurgence or the BAD sculpt with the glowing eye in the correct spot
Electronic C-3PO- with glowing eyes and dialogue sound effects
Electronic Darth Vader- with glowing chest control panel and breathing sound effect and dialogue
Electronic Palpatine (either of the three outfit choices)- with glowing Sith Lightning and dialogue

The list goes on.

Reaction score
Just look at that massive hose connecting the backpack to his rifle, just to have more room for the electronics.

Could anyone please tell me why they decided to make this instead one of the following choices:

Electronic R2-D2- based on either the Resurgence or the BAD sculpt with the glowing eye in the correct spot
Electronic C-3PO- with glowing eyes and dialogue sound effects
Electronic Darth Vader- with glowing chest control panel and breathing sound effect and dialogue
Electronic Palpatine (either of the three outfit choices)- with glowing Sith Lightning and dialogue

The list goes on.
Seriously. I would really love an official statement from Hasbro about the nearly constant saturation of Sandtroopers for what- six years now???

Last edited:
Reaction score
True. Why can't they just focus on giving us an ultimate Stormtrooper to keep in constant rotation instead of persistently
re-releasing "niche" army builders that appeared for less than five minutes in only one of the movies?
Back in the day they would release one Troop Builder 4-Pack, each figure coming with different rank pauldrons and be done with it.

Reaction score
Actually, I'd prefer they take it out of constant rotation... but you're right about them using the "niche" versions too often. The "basic" should be a black pauldron, dirty Trooper, followed closely by a dirty orange pauldron. Clean Sandtroopers are just weird, even though conceptually the armor had to be clean at some point.

And yes to those old 4-packs! Those were very cool, and they would be even cooler packed with the "modern" troop builders.

Reaction score
-If there's one good thing about this figure, it's that Hasbro seems to have stopped repacking ancient sculpts into the MH line.

Reaction score
I understand everything with the constant sandtrooper repacks, but I figure it's better than some of the stuff they crammed into the line this year.

Reaction score
Cool pic. Is the gun attached to the hand and how much articulation does he have?

Reaction score
Yes, the gun is attached and not removeable. Articulation is same as other light-up figures: head, shoulders, elbows, leg.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think I'll still pick one up because it looks like a lot of fun.

Reaction score
I like the light-up features.
Of course, my collection is to play with my son and his friends, so lights/sounds are neat.
My disappointment with this figure is that with a gun this big, the other arm should be able to support it.
That was always my disappointment with the Kenner figures when I was young, rifles need two hands (the snow trooper bugged me).

I wonder if they could have made it possible to pose the figure in a two handed firing position.

I'm looking forward to getting the other light-ups in this line. I only have Obi Wan and Qui Gon.

Reaction score
Giving him a pauldron and removing ab buttons still does not make him a sandtrooper!

The hose is probably there as they can't bulk out the arms as easily as they did with OWK and QGJ.

Lemme guess.....non replacable batteries!!!!?

Not for me, but to each their own.

Last edited:
Reaction score
These lesser-articulated, light-up figures are annoying and unnecessary.

What a complete waste of shelf space.

Reaction score
Given that the current competition for shelf space with this type of figure would be another Qui-gon or Obi-wan that we all have already seen for several years now, I don't really view these as wasted space, more of a breath of fresh air from the current MH offerings. Sure, they're gimmicky, but every now and then it's fun to just get a gimmicky figure that does something different, at least for me it is. I love the light-up stuff, it reminds me of the ones they had in the POTF2 line that I got as a kid, and I had all of those minus the Emperor with lightning one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The first question is: with the glut of previous Movie Heroes on the shelves, will I ever see one of these?

The second question is: do I care?

GNT

Reaction score
Agreed. I think kids love'em.
Kids are complaining they have enough Sandtroopers, Darth Vader's and Luke Skywalker figures....they just want new figures that haven't been made yet and so do collectors :p

Reaction score
Kids are complaining they have enough Sandtroopers, Darth Vader's and Luke Skywalker figures....they just want new figures that haven't been made yet and so do collectors :p

Interesting point.....according to Hasbro's data, the kids want more of the same.:eek:

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with having Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker constantly on the pegs as new kiddie collectors are always coming into the hobby and looking for a Vader and Luke to do battle.

As for Sandtroopers, I think Hasbro just has a hard on for them. There is no need to release this many Sandtroopers.

Reaction score
Has anyone found one of these yet? I'm down for one. I love Sandtroopers.:wub:

Reaction score
Well I found the Darth Vader MH20, and some of the other figures in this wave, but still no Lightup Anakin or Sandtrooper. :(

Reaction score
The new Steve Sansweet book has 21 Sandtroopers and 22 Stormtroopers. That's based on their criteria for different versions, not counting repacks and minor repaints, etc.

The Stormtrooper includes Lucas, blackhole, concept, commander, and a few comic versions, though.