Sandtrooper - Movie Heroes

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing a Sandtrooper with a huge light up rifle in the first wave of 2013, picture is up here.

Thoughts on this figure?

Reaction score
Silliest looking sandtrooper in the line, also the silliest idea to release two sandtroopers at the same time.

Pass.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it looks cool with that jumbo sized grenade launcher blaster rifle and its electronic. Pew pew.

Reaction score
Yet another sandie, really? a biker scout or a regular stormie, would've been better, huge pass

Reaction score
Yet another sandie, really? a biker scout or a regular stormie, would've been better, huge pass
I agree completely. Since when do we need more Sandtroopers? The first VC Sandtrooper pegwarmed for over a year and now they are releasing 3 different new sandtroopers all in a row (2nd VC, BAD, and now this). What the heck are they thinking. I bet we've gotten more sandtrooper releases than basic stormtroopers at this point even though they are only in a few shots from one movie. Some bigwig at Hasbro must have a fetish for these guys.

Reaction score
Another CLEAN Sandtrooper. They will never learn. . Sandtrooper means SAND is involved in some way. And the sparking white pauldron version to boot.

Reaction score
This one has a light up gun, so we all must have it! :awesome:

Hey, that's why I'm getting it, and I also want him to try to suck up my spirit Anakin. XD

Reaction score
Looks like he would fall over, even if he is firmly attached to a stand.

Not interested at all in this silly figure, but curious if there are lights AND sound?

Reaction score
Beady eyes, big dumb gun, no ammo pouches, clean white. Only buy if he can be converted to normal stormie like one of the older ones. Pass otherwise.

Reaction score
I don't mind the Sandtrooper, I'm just not into the light up feature on Star Wars figures. And for that reason I will pass as well.

Reaction score
I don't mind the Sandtrooper, I'm just not into the light up feature on Star Wars figures.
You don't like lights and sounds on your figures. You must be an alien or sutin'.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm in the minority I guess, but I think this is a good move. I look at it as a well sculpted/articulated Stormtrooper with some extras. Every kid should have a chance at a white clean looking Stormtrooper pretty much year round. So to me, there's nothing worth complaining about with this figure at all (especially when the other Sandtrooper that will be out will be a dirty version).

Reaction score
I'm in the minority I guess, but I think this is a good move. I look at it as a well sculpted/articulated Stormtrooper with some extras. Every kid should have a chance at a white clean looking Stormtrooper pretty much year round. So to me, there's nothing worth complaining about with this figure at all (especially when the other Sandtrooper that will be out will be a dirty version).

I agree with Chewie. I'm planning onpicking this figure up and if it turns out well, I might get a second. It's nice to see more OT put into the MH line. Kids need to be exposed to the OT as well and this is a great figure for that. Also, I'm sure the pack comes off and this can be used as a regular stormtrooper, so that's a bonus as well. I'd rather see this figure in there as opposed to a repack of TPM Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
Who wouldn't want a Sandtrooper with an intergalactic leaf blower???? It's genius!

Reaction score
I have enough Sandtroopers, and I only own 4. This gun, however looks rather freaking epic, and it actually seems like a nice use of the light-up feature. Now, it may just be the red light making me excited for something which may just be a 'meh'. Really hoping the gun is removable from the right hand, and that I won't need to touch a button on the figure's back to operate it. Otherwise it's silly. And stupid.

I fully support more light-up figures, so long as there's no more light-up lightsaber figures. Because those figures look silly. And stupid.

Here's hoping for light-up blaster Stormtroopers and Rebels.

Reaction score
You should probably not pay any attention to this figure, or line, if those are your expectations.

There are already two more light-up lightsabers announced, and I guarantee the blaster isn't removable, and will require a button to be pressed.

Reaction score
Could be wrong, but it looks to be molded to the arm to me...look closely where the stock is, behind where the big hose thing connects.

Gotta disagree on the lightsaber figures...I think they are great!

Reaction score
you can see the abdominal button, but what gets me is the rifle is likely non-removweable so why the extra tubibg along side of the arm? just like quigon/vader/obi-wan and soon anakin, wouldn't the wires be secure enough running through the arm? and what other light-up saber figs been confirmed beyond the delayed rots anakin?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, now I'm leaning toward thinking the gun isn't removable, nor the backpack. If that's the case, I'll probably still get a couple, just not as many. The sculpt still looks good to me, and I kind of like the gun/hose.

Reaction score
I do too. I'm not so worried about how this comes out because it looks fun, which makes it interesting. If I want a regular sandtrooper, I'll have the BAD one, and it's not like there haven't been enough sandtroopers over the years.

Reaction score
Gotta disagree on the lightsaber figures...I think they are great!
I really do like my Vader.

But I draw the line on this one.

It's really stupid and pointless. Could have done a new 3PO, or Jawa. That would have been cool.

This just fails to even look good.

Reaction score
the helmt looks new since the eyes look different for some reason. That and the blue stripes on the helmet stand out alot too. Not bad or anything

Reaction score
In my head, there is a Luke figure with lightsaber, but that could be made-up. The Early Bird Luke could probably be adapted.

ZX3

Reaction score
I don't understand why the gun needs to be so big when the light up lightsabers aren't.
Isn't basically the same thing?