San Jose Toy Show March 10

Reaction score
Hey xM here's the info bud.

CLICK HERE on these words TO VISIT OUR NEW TOY SHOW WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO. Actors BILLY DEE WILLIAMS aka Lando Calrissian and YVONNE CRAIG from the 1960's TV Show BATMAN will be our special guests at the MARCH 10, 2012 show. Yvonne played BATGIRL.

Saturday, MARCH 10, 2012

Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
344 Tully Road, San Jose, CA 95111
MapQuest

Early Bird 9 AM - 10:59 AM
General admission 11 AM - 4:30 PM

General Admission: $5.00
Kids Under 12: $2.50
Early Bird: $15.00
The Fairgrounds charges $8 for parking.
WE ARE SOLD OUT OF VENDOR SPACES. ....................................................... Dealers contact us today. Vendor Table cost is $89 each (8 foot long table).
Vendor Contract (PDF 7k)

240 tables of vintage to modern toys and collectibles! Too much variety to list....
Disneyana - Robots & TRANSFORMERS - Tonka Toys - Non-sports Cards - Comic Books & vinyl RECORDS rock n roll and many other genres of music - Dolls - GI Joes - Art & Small Press
Scroll down to view pictures of our past shows.
Video re-edit by Frank Schalk Design.

Reaction score
Ouch! That is steep. $40 for BDW??

A couple of the Sac. people are going to be out there selling some stuff. I'm going to be out of town, or I'd be going. If you're looking for vintage Joes, there's gonna be some good stuff, including an almost complete Defiant with Hardtop and Payload! Good times, people!

Reaction score
$40 is a bit steep although when you compare to Fisher and Daniels it's about right. I have the Vader-Lando-Fett shot in Cloud City that I just need finished off by him so I'll be paying it. Probably won't get anything else signed at that cost though. I'll be going for a little bit at least. I've never gone so I plan to check it out this time.

Reaction score
Was able to go yesterday for a few hours. I got there a little past 11 and waited in line for about 30 minutes to get in the door and there was a line behind me of about equal length. I'd say there was at least 1,000 people at this small show. Got in and stood in the line for BDW that had already formed. He didn't even arrive until about 11:45 and it took me about 45 minutes to get through his line. He was nice and friendly to everyone. I asked him if he would be going to CVI and he said "I don't think so". Unless Ben and Maki can pull some strings looks like we won't be seeing him there. He charged $40 and if you wanted some kind of special certificate and hologram seal sticker you could pay an extra $2 (pics are enough evidence for me). He let you take pics with him for free which was very nice. I heard he even signed some Colt 45 cans for some people.

I don't know how many scummers have gone to the show but it's basically a big comic store selling everything from antique items all the way up to modern. I didn't really see a lot of Vintage SW which is what I was looking for but then again maybe all that stuff goes to the "early birds" who get there at 9am for $10 more. You can get some good deals but I didn't buy anything simply because I am out of space and looking to get a new place. Also was able to meet Yvonne Craig (Batgirl) who was very nice but was way overpriced at $30 + $10 for a photo (which I found out after the fact).

Overall it was a good day but IMO it's not worth going to unless they have a good guest or if you just want to fill in holes in your collection. I almost bought a couple RMQ signed pieces at $70 each but decided against it. There were some vintage SW posters for hundreds of dollars, quite a bit of Sideshow and Koto stuff and TONS of POTF2 figures that no one wanted to buy. There were inevitably a few scalpers thrown in the mix as well.

Here are some pics of the event for those interested.

Reaction score
Was able to grab quite a few items for pretty cheap, there was definitely some great deals there but I was too cheap to bite. $55 SDCC Shock Trooper Mini Bust was one of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are there any other toy shows in the SF/SJ area like this? I'm moving from the LA area and we have Frank N Sons, which is open every week.