San Diego Comic Con 2012

GNT

Reaction score
Kickback looks interesting, a few miht actually buy if i see them.

Reaction score
Hasbro Panel

Q&A: people keep asking for Triple changers, they will consider it

August new product launches with Generations deluxes, Cyberverse Vehiclesm Optimus Maximus etc

Voyager Grimlock. 18 figures for the sping

Fall of Cybertron Soundwave packaging being shown, retool of Soundwave, voayager class

Rewind, Eject Rampage Steeljaw all come with Blaster

RUINATION, they combine into ruination

Deluxe wave 2 wreckers Impactors TWIN TWIS and Topspin

2013 sneak peak

Generations:

Voyager, Megatron and Prime

December: Knockout, Startscream, Wheeljack

Translucent , new faction logos

Bumblebee at BBTS Series called Dark Energon

Ultimate Optimus Prime in Year of Dragon deco in November at Amazon

Voyager Hot Spot and Megatron etc

Deluxe Spinger Swerve

scout Sandstorm, Dead End

October Silverstreak, Hoist, Motorbreath and Thundercracker to be released at TRU

they are bringing that line to US

Masterpiece Thundercracker, October at TRU

Fans saying the want a Metroplex toy.... stay tuned

Q: What happened to the last wave of Dark of the Moon? They are still looking at getting them to market

Question about first edition toys: They are releasing first edition toys in the us this fall

They see the upcoming figures as a relaunch of Generations, there will be 40 toys coming out

Reaction score
Grimlock fits in better with Classics than his 07 deluxe version did.
A couple of the China imports caught my eye but other than that looks like I won't be picking up much for the third year in a row.
Not interested in the bakugan "cassettes". Wish someone would've asked about a US release for United Frenzy and Rumble.

Reaction score
I said "I love you Hasbro" out loud when I saw the 1st Edition rereleases...

At least they did something right. ;)

Reaction score
Some good stuff there but nothing has me super excited.

Best of the bunch is the Voyager Blaster. Don't mind the look of the new "tapes" either. Grimlock is meh, looks too animated and blocky for my taste.

MP Thundercracker is cool but I am happy with Starscream to be my representation of this mold.

Not interested in the Wreckers version of Bruticus. Looks very lame. As do all the China Generations (Wheelie being the only one that caught my eye), merging Prime Cliffjumper and Classics Cliffjumper results in a awful looking mismatch. Linkin Park Soundwave WTF No thanks!

Good news about the FE Prime. Anyway to get these amazing toys back out there is a win in my books. The rest of the Prime stuff looks pretty good but will only be getting Skyquake and Dreadwing that was shown. Still no news on Breakdown?

Reaction score
Some good stuff there but nothing has me super excited.

Best of the bunch is the Voyager Blaster. Don't mind the look of the new "tapes" either. Grimlock is meh, looks too animated and blocky for my taste.

MP Thundercracker is cool but I am happy with Starscream to be my representation of this mold.

Not interested in the Wreckers version of Bruticus. Looks very lame. As do all the China Generations (Wheelie being the only one that caught my eye), merging Prime Cliffjumper and Classics Cliffjumper results in a awful looking mismatch. Linkin Park Soundwave WTF No thanks!

Good news about the FE Prime. Anyway to get these amazing toys back out there is a win in my books. The rest of the Prime stuff looks pretty good but will only be getting Skyquake and Dreadwing that was shown. Still no news on Breakdown?
Nope. So far looks to be a Japan Exclusive

An update

Hasbro has no plans right now to release their own version of Transformers Prime Voyager Breakdown, the company tells Tformers.com in an interview after the Hasbro Transformers Brand Panel.

The company knows that the mold is available, says Aaron Archer, the Vice President of Hasbro Design, but was "not made to the same standards."

He did not elaborate on this, but he claims that the figure is in "no man's land" cost-wise, so it may be that converting the Arms Micron ports may be too costly for the company.

Mr. Archer continues the Hasbro has to consider many things, including the aforementioned cost issues and "what people want in the U.S. and global market."

Last edited:
Reaction score
With all the Prime toys that aren't even on the show being released it makes me wonder where Breakdown, Insecticons, and Skicons are...

I mean, make stuff that was actually on the show before you make that stuff.

Reaction score
Quite a few cool things to be seen. I think that besides Starscream stuff I'm most excited for FoC Soundwave and the minions, and Grimlock.

GNT

Reaction score
Love the new Grimlock, time to toss out that one from a few years back when this one shows up.

Reaction score
Oh that FOC Starscream is too perfect! Now give us the other 2 seekers, Hasbro!

Not feeling it with Ruination though. One Bruticus mold is enough for me....Plus Ruination was never an Autobot....

Reaction score
I wonder what "not made to the same standards" means regarding Breakdown?

I have the Takara version and the mold is fantastic I just hate the stickers. Would have gladly sold him off in favour of a Hasbro stickerless version. The mold is very big and chunky and seems to have a more intricate transformation so maybe he was just too expensive to produce.

Reaction score
I think I'm going to not get the Takara Breakdown. I know we're at LEAST getting some version of him here in the states, and honestly, if I even have to customize it a little I will, not paying 60 bucks for the guy.

Reaction score
I think I'm going to not get the Takara Breakdown. I know we're at LEAST getting some version of him here in the states, and honestly, if I even have to customize it a little I will, not paying 60 bucks for the guy.

I got him and he is an AWESOME figure. The stickers are a bit annoying, but once you got them on there, he looks great and looks well with the other characters. This is a purchase that I didn't regret. I would say go for it cause he may be hard to find later on or more expensive when everyone finds out that he is only being made just for Asia.

Reaction score
The reason I haven't already gotten it.

It's 60 bucks.

I can't afford that at all.

I am looking for the SDCC Rust in Peace Cliffjumper if anyone can spare one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trust me, I love Breakdown. But paying over THREE times what it would be in the States is just ridiculous.

And even then I'll have to apply stickers. I could stomach 40, but not 60.

What pisses me off even more is we get things like Kup, Rumble, Magus, and Thundertron, but no Breakdown!

Things that actually appeared ON SCREEN should come first.

I was happy about collecting Transformers Prime, but now it's just becoming a headache.

Reaction score
I haven't spent 60 dollars on one item alone since, well since my BAT-AT which I got for a steal price. It's nothing compared to collectibles, but a toy collector on a budget, I can't do it.

I'm only collecting US Prime stuff. 60 isn't worth it for a good figure with sucky stickers. Also, whenever I over-spend on something I know isn't worth the money, I just think of how much it cost me. Money is an object in this world.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seems the SDCC Exclusives sold out in three minutes tops
I had a feeling that it was going to. All I wanted was Cliffy....didn't care about any of the new FOC stuff. This is one line I am not getting. Figures have been made cheap and raised the prices. After the Prime line is over, I am gonna work on my third party stuff I wanted and my Masterpieces at the end of the year.

Reaction score
Everything was back this morning and I was finally able to get Shockwave and the Jinx(s) $100+ Bruti ? No thanks, the Amazon version will be fine for me.

Reaction score
7/19/2012 11:26 PST AM was when I placed my order which took maybe 1 minute since I found out they were back after refreshing all morning. Might have been a minute or two late though. No site crash or anything to. zip bam boom done! Forgot about the 10% off code, but this was surely much cheaper then trying to track this stuff down on eBay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
7/19/2012 11:26 PST AM was when I placed my order which took maybe 1 minute since I found out they were back after refreshing all morning. Might have been a minute or two late though. No site crash or anything to. zip bam boom done! Forgot about the 10% off code, but this was surely much cheaper then trying to track this stuff down on eBay.
The comic2012 10% code doesn't work for exclusives. 11:26 PST is 2:26 PM east coast time right. I placed my order for MoE at around 12:25 EST. Just wondering the exact time these exclusive came up? Thanks

Reaction score
I am now happy just to get zombie Cliffy so now I am content. This is the only one thing I wanted from SDCC.