San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Nice score Billy Ray! I'm holding off for the Hoth Han with "brown" coat. So tell me, is Hoth Han worth picking up?
smile.gif

Reaction score
I spotted a few new deluxe figs at the De Zavala Target this evening. All they had left was 2 Deluxe Super Battle Droid kits & 1 Deluxe Spider-Droid. Still no sign of Deluxe Obi-Wan or Deluxe Jango.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Ray:
Target at Westlakes also had Hoth Han (no Chewies though), SC Anakin, Boba Fett, and Flying R2!
<font size="2" face="arial">Thanks to Billy Ray, I scored Hoth Han this morning. I grabbed the last one but they still had one Anakin SC & a couple of flying R2's left at Westlakes Target. I was going to hold off for the brown coat version but what the heck. So I guess Billy Ray was right: Han's blue coat is pretty.
smile.gif

Reaction score
Hey guys great finds. I will have to start checking Targets for the new stuff. Nothing new found in the 281 area today.
frown.gif

Reaction score
I found the new deluxe Spider Droid and Super Battle Droid kit at the Target at 281 and Bitters today. There are two of each and of course the cards and bubbles were beat up.
mad.gif
(Thanks Hasbro for the great quality control!) Nothing else new in the 281 area.

Is it just me or is Hasbro shipping the new stuff in really beat up packaging?
mad.gif
Is there such a thing as mint in mint packaging anymore?

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out why the Deluxe Spider-Droid & SBD builer are showing up, but not the new Deluxe Obi-Wan or Jango? Heck, they even hit Austin last week!

Reaction score
ok. i am a 13 year old collector, and my parents NEVER take me anywhere to buy star wars toys. what are the best days to go to places like target, toys r us, and wal-mart? i can;t find anything new! the last thing i got was r2 droid factory flight.

Reaction score
and also, how can i get connections so that i can check out the boxes of toys before they hit the pegs?

Reaction score
Originally posted by i like yoda:
and also, how can i get connections so that i can check out the boxes of toys before they hit the pegs?
<font size="2" face="arial">Slip the stockers at Wal-Mart a $20 bill & ask them to "show you the goods."

Reaction score
ok. i am a 13 year old collector, and my parents NEVER take me anywhere to buy star wars toys. what are the best days to go to places like target, toys r us, and wal-mart? i can;t find anything new! the last thing i got was r2 droid factory flight.
<font size="2" face="arial">Uh, flying R2 is a new figure. You did find something new. You might have to give it some time though before figures like Hoth Han, Mynock Chewie, Ashla/Jempa, Yoda/Chian, & Aayla Secura are widely available.

[ 05-07-2003, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Force Guy ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Force Guy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by i like yoda:
<font size="2" face="arial">Uh, flying R2 is a new figure. You did find something new. You might have to give it some time though before figures like Hoth Han, Mynock Chewie, Ashla/Jempa, Yoda/Chian, & Aayla Secura are widely available. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, those R2s are pretty new here in SA. I have seen him around, but not in great numbers. He isn't really "flying" off the shelves like the rest of that wave though
grin.gif
(pun intended).

Weekends seem to be a pretty good time to find new stuff, but I have also found new stuff on the weekdays so who's to say. I found Hoth Han and Mynock Chewie last Friday. It's really kind of a gamble.

Reaction score
Hey guys, the front page of 'scum says that some people are finding the TIE bomber for 16 bucks...anybody seen this in our neck of the woods?

Reaction score
I haven't seen them marked down, but then I wasn't really checking on them.

I did see the Deluxe Spider Droid and Super Battle Droid maker today at Target on SW Military. Where are the Deluxe Obis and Jangos???

I also stopped by Gamestop and they had their fiures marked down to $.99!! I picked up an extra Royal Guard, Geo-Warrior, Battle Droid, and finally picked up Orn-Free Ta. Not sure if this sale is everywhere or not, I will check the one on Marbach if I get a chance.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Force Guy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by i like yoda:
<font size="2" face="arial">Slip the stockers at Wal-Mart a $20 bill & ask them to "show you the goods." </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">you aren't serious, are you. i don;t have 20 bucks to spare anyway! that's used to buy toys, not have them shown to me!!

seriously what can i do WITHOUT paying them off? everytime i just ask, they say, "uhhhh...we don't have any in the back. We didn't get a shipment this week." and try to bite their ear.
tongue.gif

true that R2 is relatively new, but that was last weekend, quite a while after the release date. and the box is good as opened.

Reaction score
Hey Guys. Lets see where to start. I have not seen any price reductions on the TIE Bombers. I will scan one tomorrow to check the price. Still no finds on the deluxe Jango or Obi Wan. I'm sure if I did find them, the card and bubbles would be beat up.
mad.gif

i like yoda:

Wal-Marts and Targets: get trucks in all the time. So it is kind of hit and miss with them. The best thing to do is to call to see if they got anything new in. Hopefully they will have an employee, who has good customer service skills to help you out. Weekends are usually good.

TRU: is going threw remodeling right now. So they may not get anything new in for some time. Again weekends are usually good.

Employees at the retailers: Unfortunately some are there to do their job and go home. They do not care about the customer and will not work with you. Others actually have customer service skill and will try to help you. Be nice and ask questions. Let them know you are interested in SW toys.

Hope this helped you out and good luck.

Reaction score
Nothing new at Wal-Mart on 151 or at Target at Westlakes. Stopped by Gamestop at Marbach and they had no SW figures.

Tommorow is my anniversary and I finally get to open my Master Replicas Anakin F/X lightsaber!!! So happy
grin.gif
My wife ordered it on the sly from KBTOys.com and I inadvertantly intercepted the e-mail confirming the order. She was plenty pissed, but it was an accident. Anyway, the box has been sitting in our closet since last month, calling to me in the middle of the night
wink.gif
At least she decided to let me have it for our anniversary instead of my birthday in July (which was her original plan).

Reaction score
Congrats Billy Ray! I look forward to hearing a review once you have a chance to check out the lightsaber from top to bottom. BTW, you have incredible will-power.
smile.gif

Reaction score
I didn't find anything new today in the 281 area. The TIE Bombers are still full price at the Wal-Mart at 1604 and 281.

Reaction score
Today in KB,at north star mall, i picked up some of the older toys that i didnt have--chancellor palpy, R2 coruscant sentry, royal guard, nikto, and qui gonn jin. and it was all 12 bucks!!! i reccommend that if you dont have some of the older toys, check out KB.

Reaction score
Nothing new at Wal-Mart 1604 and Culebra as of last night. TIE Bombers still regular price. When are they going to close out those Cantina scenes???

Reaction score
and by the way. went to KB today (again) and got more old repacks. still have lots of han endor, and dexter jettster, (or whatever it is), and endor rebel soldier, and still some chancellor palpy's. going to wal-mart supercenter in a minute, tell you what i find when i get back

Reaction score
going to wal-mart supercenter in a minute, tell you what i find when i get back
<font size="2" face="arial">So...did you find anything?

Reaction score
nothing new because mt sister was being an a-hole and i saw the dudes with the star wars box walking to the toy section. she didnt let me go back......ut i did get a TIE bomber, for 29 bucks, lama su, old padme, and all three cantina sets (are those new). and all for a wonderfl price of 70 dollars
shocked.gif
man, if only i could walk back to that section, track down the stocker guy, and pick and choose which figures i wanted......im really mad..
mad.gif

G

At 3 pm, Target on Marbach had one Han Solo Hoth and one Chewbacca. Hid them on top peg in back if anyone wants them.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper:
At 3 pm, Target on Marbach had one Han Solo Hoth and one Chewbacca. Hid them on top peg in back if anyone wants them.
<font size="2" face="arial">d'oh!! i was just there at noon.

Reaction score
The Walmart at 1604 and 281 and the Walmart at 1604 across from Rolling Oaks Mall both had Boba Fett, Hoth Han, SC Anakin, Chewbaca, R2D2 and Mace as of this afternoon.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Atom:
The Walmart at 1604 and 281 and the Walmart at 1604 across from Rolling Oaks Mall both had Boba Fett, Hoth Han, SC Anakin, Chewbaca, R2D2 and Mace as of this afternoon.
<font size="2" face="arial">how can you go to a srore that early in the day? dont you have a school or a job? and how many of those figures did they have there approximately?

Reaction score
The Walmart at 1604 and 281 only had one of each of the new figures except for the R2D2 which there were a couple. The Walmart across from Rolling Oaks mall had probably 4 or 5 each of the new figures.

Reaction score
Nothing new at Wal-Mart at 1604 and Culebra. They had several pallets out to be stocked, but no SW stuff on them that I could see. They did have a few newer LOTR figures.

Reaction score
doe anyone know if there's anything good at the super target next to that dave 'n' busters?

Reaction score
The last time I was there I picked up the Hoth Han and Mynock Chewie, that was a couple of weeks ago, haven't been back since.

Reaction score
Nothing new Star Wars wise butI did find the new McFarlane Matrix figures at the Electronics Boutique in Rivercenter Mall this morning. They had a ton of Neos but I think I may have gotten the last Trinity.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Ray:
The last time I was there I picked up the Hoth Han and Mynock Chewie, that was a couple of weeks ago, haven't been back since.
<font size="2" face="arial">well, i'll most likely go there today afetr i go to dave and buster's. hope they have that arena confrontation mace, secret ceremony anakin, mynock chewie, and hoth han. i've wanted those figures FOREVER!

Reaction score
Good luck my man, I have had pretty good luck at that store. I found Hoth Han and Chewie there, like I said, and they also had the Boba wave then too. It is also the store where I found Ephant Mon, the day that they opened
grin.gif

Reaction score
well. apparently i have bad luck, cuase they had crappy toys. old toys. KB-like toys, just worse. i found nothing new. this sucks, cause i know it'll be the only place i go this weekend, and it sucked.
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.