San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Tiller, I need them, not too picky about the condition of the packaging as I am an opener...as long as the figure isn't damged. Also, thanks for the tip on those fiures being gone, you saved me a trip.

Nothing new SW wise at the Wal-Mart at 1604 and Culebra BTW, though they did have a bunch of Gollums.

[ 04-18-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
I found the Boba Fett wave at 281 and Jones Maltsberger this morning. Unfortunately all the cards were bent or the bubbles were dinged up.
frown.gif
So I didn't grab any.

This is the second time I have seen this wave messed up. I pulled them directly from the case. So I know that it came from Hasbro that way! (Thanks for the quality control Hasbro!
mad.gif
)

Billy Ray. I hid them right behind the SW stuff on the next aisle. They are on an upper shelf behind a remote controled SEEDOO boat.
wink.gif
I hid 2 Boba Fetts and one each of the rest.

I'm still looking for this wave with cards and bubbles in good condition. Please let me know if anyone find any. Thanks

Reaction score
Grrr ... that's 2 days in a row now that San Antonio has found the latest wave at Walmarts and Austin has come up dry. Grumble, grumble, grumble.
smile.gif

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tiller:
I found the Boba Fett wave at 281 and Jones Maltsberger this morning. Unfortunately all the cards were bent or the bubbles were dinged up.
frown.gif
So I didn't grab any.

This is the second time I have seen this wave messed up. I pulled them directly from the case. So I know that it came from Hasbro that way! (Thanks for the quality control Hasbro!
mad.gif
)

Billy Ray. I hid them right behind the SW stuff on the next aisle. They are on an upper shelf behind a remote controled SEEDOO boat.
wink.gif
I hid 2 Boba Fetts and one each of the rest.

I'm still looking for this wave with cards and bubbles in good condition. Please let me know if anyone find any. Thanks
<font size="2" face="arial">Tiller, you are the man! I am headed out there right now. I will let you know if I see any in better condition. BTW, nothing at the Wal-Mart on 1604 and Culebra other than Yoda sabers.

Reaction score
No problem Billy Ray. Always happy to help out.
wink.gif
If you need anything else let me know.

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to let you know I got them (except for the oh so craptacular flying R2)
smile.gif
They may have actually put out another case. Not sure how many were there when you were, Tiller, but there were two of each figure from the Boba wave on the pegs. They weren't in the best of condition so maybe they were the same ones. I don't really follow card conditions so I wouldn't know how to rate them, but most had slight dents in the bubbles. Anyway, if anybody still needs these guys, the ones stowed behind the Seadoo are still there, or at least were around noon.

BTW, I picked up an extra Anakin so I could customize my speederbike Ani. I'll post some pics once I get it done.

Thanks again Tiller!

[ 04-19-2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
Ok, got my swoop Anakin finished...I am sooo happy with him now. Take a look...

revenge.jpg

front1.jpg

side.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality of the pics...I am still learning
wink.gif

Reaction score
Wow! That came out looking great Billy Ray! Just swapping out the head makes a huge difference. Your speeder bike with Anakin looks like its right out of the movie. IMO, Anakin SC has the best head sculpt of any Anakin made to date. What I like the best is that his facial expression isn't exaggerated.

Reaction score
Thanks ForceGuy!

The new Unleashed have shown up in Houston, I really want to get my hands on that Leia. Uhh...that doesn't sound too good...anyway I really want one
wink.gif

Reaction score
Hey Folks, I'm still looking for the new Fett. If anyone has an extra one I'll buy it from you at retail and pay for shipping. It seems SA is always getting stuff before us, I mean way before us, in Austin. I'm also looking for the deluxe Clonetrooper, if anyone has an extra of that I'd buy it too.

Thanks

From a Fellow Texan!

RG

Reaction score
Yeah, they were all over a month or so ago, but I haven't seen any in a while either.

KB Toyworks at Bandera had some more 12" Electronic Jangos today if anyone is still looking for them. Nothing much else to report, it seems that TRU Ingram has replaced their old pegwarmers with new ones...tons of Dooku, Yoda, CT Pilots, and TA Anakins.

Reaction score
I'm not too pickey since I'm opening them up anyway. I can't believe the deluxe clonetrooper was all over the place in SA. It was never here in Austin. I've been checking almost every weekend and many times during the week. All we have are the Anakin Tatooine Attack, Super Battle Droid, Yoda Jedi Council wave (and not much of that too).

RG

Reaction score
Told ya you'd like the Anakin headswap, Billy Ray. Thanks for posting pics of it by the way, since I never got around to doing it
tongue.gif

Reaction score
Hey Billy Ray. The head swap on the Anakin looks great.
grin.gif
What were Hasbro designers thinking when they put that grinning head sculpt on a figure.
rolleyes.gif
Anyway great job.

Reaction score
No problem Letovx. If I find an extra Fett, I'll grab it for you. Are you picky about the condition the packaging is in? As far as the Deluxe Clone Trooper, I haven't seen one in quite a while (it's been like a couple of months).

Reaction score
Did you guys see that someone in AZ found the new Hoth Han and Mynock Chewie? Are they in the same wave as the padawans?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Ray:
Did you guys see that someone in AZ found the new Hoth Han and Mynock Chewie? Are they in the same wave as the padawans?
<font size="2" face="arial">Man, Arizona is the place to be. Just last week, someone found the Padawan two-packs in Phoenix, & now today, someone found Hoth Han & Mynock Chewie. I don't think they ship together since Yoda/Chian & Ashla/Jempa are part of collection 2, & I think Hoth Han & Chewie are collection 1.

Reaction score
Stopped by Wal-Mart at 151 and 410 this a.m. Nothing new SW wise but they did have the new X2 figures if anyone is looking for those as well as some new GI-Joe two-packs, which brings up a good point...

Does anyone collect other than SW? I see a lot of other stuff that I don't report, but would be glad to if I knew someone collected it. I am pretty much a SW man but have some LOTR stuff, Matrix, and assorted others like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Speed Racer, Battle of the Planets, and X-Files. My son just recently got into the 3 3/4 GI-Joes, but also does the 12" line as well.

Right now I am looking for a McFarlane Jerome Bettis as well, sw one at Heroes and Fantasies and I passed, now I am kicking myself
frown.gif

[ 04-24-2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

G

Billy Ray,
Mostly collect Star Wars and Star Trek. Also collect 12" Dragon and BBI Military Figures (which you can't find in stores; thank goodness for the internet). Have a few LOTR figs and some Stikfas. Oh yea...also have some Alien figures/vehicles. Looking forward to new Matrix figures by McFarlane. Still looking for SW Unleashed Figures (Leia and Vader Unmasked). -- Viper

Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper:
Still looking for SW Unleashed Figures (Leia and Vader Unmasked). -- Viper
<font size="2" face="arial">I think that those were found in Houston last weekend at a TRU. I'd keep a watchful eye out for them since we get new stuff about a week after Houston does.

I'm quite fond of the Movie Maniacs line by McFarlane. Along with Star Wars, that's about all I collect. Of course, I also like some of the Toy Biz Spider-Man stuff.

Reaction score
I have been checking TRU for those two new unleashed but no dice yet.

I forgot Movie Maniacs, I have a couple of those too.

Viper, what do you think of those Stikfas? I have been wanting to get one just to mess around with. I have seen some BBI figures at Electronics Boutique in the past. I got the whole set of the 3 3/4 BBI Navy Seals, just cause they were so cool, and on sale at EB. My son swiped them to man his GI-Joe helicopter though
wink.gif
For a while, before I had the Arena, I had them battling the Acklay. BTW, I am also looking forward to the McFarlane Matrix figures.

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I have not seen anything new around here lately.
frown.gif
Hopefully we will be seeing the new Unleashed figures in the SA area soon.

I collect mostly Star Wars and a few of the cool LOTR figures. I would like to collect other lines, but like most collectors I am short on cash and space.
frown.gif

G

Billy Ray,
Really enjoy the stikfas. I have the Alpha Male, Firefighter, Samarai, and Knight w/horse. They do take a little time to assemble (30-45 minutes to take parts off sprue, sand flush, and assemble) but when your done they are really unique. Use to build models before the baby came along so they're nice little projects to curb my craving. -- Viper

Force Guy,
Guess I'll be checking TRU's this weekend for unleashed figures. Thanks -- Viper

Reaction score
Well again, I came up empty handed at the Wal-Marts at 1604/281 and 1604/Nacogdoches and the Target at Blanco.
mad.gif
Went by the Forum TRU and found nothing new. No new Unleashed figures.
frown.gif
They did have the nonremovable helmet Unleashed Vader. They also had some POTJ FX-7 and Amidala in the black dress.

Reaction score
Went by the TRU on Blanco. No new SW unleashed figures. In fact no new SW period.
frown.gif
Hopefully they will get some stuff in next week.

G

Went by TRU near Ingram. Nothing new. Hopefully some new stuff will hit next week.

Reaction score
Well I guess I didn't miss out anything here this weekend. I went to Corpus for the weekend, they had nothing new there either, I checked at a Wal-Mart and Target.

Reaction score
Wow, the new deluxe Jango and Obi-Wan were found in Austin at a Target! I'm not too excited about Jango, but the Obi-Wan looks pretty cool.

Reaction score
More deluxe Jangos and Obi Wans found today in Austin, wasn't somebody just complaining about how San Antonio always gets new stuff befor Austin?
wink.gif

Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Ray:
More deluxe Jangos and Obi Wans found today in Austin, wasn't somebody just complaining about how San Antonio always gets new stuff befor Austin?
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="arial">Ha! I would definately consider the Anakin SC waves and Boba Fett waves recently found in San Antonio as a bigger score than yet another Obi-Wan / Jango rehash as deluxe figures.
smile.gif

[ 04-29-2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Kimbote ]

Reaction score
That is true Kimbote, they are a "bigger score", but I don't think they are newer product
wink.gif

p.s. I will trade you a headless, cloakless, SC Anakin for a Deluxe Obi-Wan, heck I'll even throw in a Swoop Anakin head for free
wink.gif

Reaction score
Found nothing new today at the Wal-Marts or Targets in the 281 area.
frown.gif
I also found out the the TRU on Blanco is getting ready for yet another remodel.
mad.gif
So don't expect anything new there for awhile.

Reaction score
The Super Target at Bandera & 1604 had one each of flying R2, Mace, & Obi-Wan Acklay earlier this evening (around 9 p.m.). The Mace card was crushed & I didn't check the condition of the others. Still no sign of the newer Deluxe figures (Obi-Wan or Jango) at Target.

Reaction score
Hey guys, MAJOR score today! Found the new Hoth Han and Mynock Chewie at the Super Target at 410 and Fredricksburg! They only had one Hoth Han, but they still had one more Mynock Chewie as well as the new Boba Fett, SC Anakin, and flying R2 when I left around 10:30.

Stopped by Wal-Mart 151 and 410 and they had lots of Factory Padmes, Tuskens, and RFTs.

Target at Westlakes also had Hoth Han (no Chewies though), SC Anakin, Boba Fett, and Flying R2! I hid the one Hoth Han, a Boba Fett, and an SC Anakin across the aisle behind the plush Spiderman dolls. I don't know much about card conditions but the cards weren't perfect, they were slightly rolled at the edges but not creased or bent. Hope one of you guys gets there first
wink.gif

No signs of the new Deluxe anywhere. I did pick up the new EGM and boy does that Rogue Squadron III look sweet!

p.s. Han's blue coat sure is pretty
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.