San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hm, no point in making a trip over there for a cheap 12" electronic Jango then. Thanks forceguy.

Reaction score
I was able to pick up a electronic Jango today (Thursday)at the Ingram KB. There was still on left that was behind a bunch of Obi-wans in the front of the store.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am back from AZ and also from major computer problems. Every time I leave town something breaks here at home
frown.gif
Anyway, the only new thing I saw in AZ was the Yoda lightsaber, so if you ever though you were missing out on any new SW stuff because you didn't live in Az, forget it
tongue.gif

I did check out a comic shop there that billed itself as Tucson's Largest SW Dealer. While they didn't have any newer 2003 figures, they did have a lot of awesome stuff for relatively decent prices. I almost picked up a tan vest Jedi Luke for $40, but just coudln't do it. They had a lot of cool older and HTF stuff though.

Reaction score
The KB at Ingram Mall had a couple of 12" electronic Jango's left on Monday (even after I bought one for myself), but at $10 a piece, I'm sure they won't last very long. It is well worth $10 IMO.

Reaction score
I hit the Targets and Wal-Marts on 281 today. Unfortunately I found nothing new.
frown.gif

Reaction score
Nothing new at the Wal-Mart at 151 and 410 either. All of the new 2003 figures they did have last week are gone but they still have plenty of Jango Pilots and Padme Pilots warming the pegs
wink.gif

Reaction score
I wouldn't get a 12" Zam if they gave me $4.94 to take it
tongue.gif

The new Super Target at 410 and Fredricksburg also had quite a few Yoda sabers, but nothing else new.

Picked up one of those $9.99 Electronic Jangos at the KB at Ingram. Sweet deal, especially considering they were $40 at one time! I don't know if they had any left, he was behind a bunch of Obi-Wans and I didn't dig all the way to the back.

Reaction score
Just got back from the Wal-Mart at 1604 and Culebra. They were stocking a LOT of toys. They had a whole aisle full of pallets. I didn't see any SW cases, but there was a ton of stuff so there could have easily been some in there. I plan to stop by in the morning after my son's soccer game to see what I can see, I'll let you know what I find.

Reaction score
Cool deal Billy Ray. I might make a trip up there in the morning. BTW, isn't that 12" electronic Jango just great (especially for $10)?!

Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for Yoda's lightsaber, the Target at De Zavala had quite a few this morning. They also had a few 12" Zam's left marked down to $4.94. Other than that, nothing new.

Reaction score
Oh man, that figure rocks! I was really surprised just how great it really is once you get it out of the box. It kind of reminds me of the vintage Boba Fett a little. My only gripe with it is the darn packaging, what's up with those twisty tie things through his shoulders like that?

G

Found a few Jangos at KBTOYS in Northstar Mall. Also had 1 of the big Gunships for figures (50% off).

Reaction score
Anybody find anything good at the Target 2/$5 sales? Are those even going on in SA? I don't really need anything right now, but I could go for some army builders at $2.50 apiece.

Reaction score
It's going on, at least at the Target at Westlakes. I went against everything I stand for and picked up a Howling Mace Windu just because it was the only fig they had that I didn't and I wanted to take advantage of the sale
wink.gif
My Arena needed a Mace anyway.

An even better deal that I saw this morning was the Wal-Mart at 151 and 410 had their figures marked down to $2.14!!! , Target's deal works out to $2.70 w/tax. Of course all they had were Pilot Padmes and Pilot Jangos, but maybe that will help clear the pegs. Not sure if this is all over town, but there was a clipping of an ad proclaiming this specila taped to the shelves.

[ 04-14-2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
Well, my hunt today turned up nothing new.
frown.gif
I hit the Targtes and Wal-Marts in the 281 area. The Targets do have the 2 for 5 dollar deal, but just the same old peg warmers.

On an unrelated note. Has anyone seen the LOTR Sauron figure? If so is he worth picking up? Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
I saw them a long while back, around Christmas time at the TRU on SW Military...haven't seen a single one since. I passed at the time and wound up having to order one online. He is well worth the money, best LOTR figure yet...I daresay one of the best figures, period, that I own. The speech is awesome, the lightup eyes are very cool (they kind of flicker)and the sculpt and articulation are amazing. His fingers on hi ring hand are detachable and he comes with a metal ring of power that slips over his finger. He actualy comes with a bag of spares in case you lose them.

Reaction score
Hm, guess I'll stop by the Target at Bitters/281 and the Super Target at Blanco/1604 and see what they have after work. I need to go to Target anyway to pick up some Star Trek stuff for a friend in Japan (where apparently it's hard to find the same Star Trek figures that are warming pegs citywide here). Here's hoping I find some good army builders and help clear the pegs for new figs
smile.gif

Reaction score
Hmm, well I hit 3 different Targets last night after work to try to take advantage of the 2/$5 sale, but I couldn't find anything I needed (especially since I just bought a bunch of stuff off KBtoys.com where they also had a 2/$5 sale). Same ol pegwarmers everywhere, though Target at 281/Bitters had a lot of the deluxe 3PO/Yoda sets marked down to $7.99.

I did find the new Spider-Man Classics Venom though at Walmart @ 281/1604, as well as a Battle Scarred Gundam that I needed...not a good night for Star Wars however. Have you guys seen how many TIE bombers that Walmart has? They must have 50 or so...I wonder when they'll clearance them to try to get them out of there.

Reaction score
Hey guys, stopped by Wal-Mart again this morning and saw that I misquoted their price on SW figures, it was actually $2.12. the ad they had taped to the shelves was this one from Target...

targetsale.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Billy Ray.
wink.gif
Hopefully they will hit retail again, but I'm not holding my breath.

I found the new collection 1 wave at Wal-Mart on De Zavala and 10. The only figures that I saw were the Anakin, Mace, Darth Tyranus, and Obi Wan. The bubble were beat up so I didn't take any.
frown.gif
This was about 1:00 pm.

Reaction score
Curses, I wasn't fast enough. I dashed out there and arrived around 3:00 and they were gone...GONE I say! The Dooku and Obi Wan were still there though...yay
frown.gif

Oh well, the hunt continues, at least I got my adrenelaine up
wink.gif

Reaction score
When the new Anakin does start showing up more, buy two...the head and cloak look great on Speeder bike Anakin.

Reaction score
Sorry Billy Ray.
frown.gif
I usually try to stash figures that I know you guys need, but I was in a hurry today and didn't even think about it. I'll hook you up next time I see them.
wink.gif

Reaction score
NP Tiller, you have hooked me up plenty of times in the past. I'm sure we will be seeing more of them soon.

Has anyone been to TRU lately? I read a post that some TRUs were packing up pegwarmers to ship back to Hasbro. I stopped by the one at Ingram today and they had all the old pegwarmers still.

BTW if anyone is looking for the new Action Fleet, I saw them all at Wal-Mart at 151 and 410, Culebra and 1604, and the one at DeZevala and I-10.

Reaction score
I did do exactly that, BR. It looks great...very movie-accurate. Improves the figure 200% in my opinion. I don't have pics of mine, but there's pics somewhere on the forums, where someone else did the same thing. At least I think there's pics. If not I'll try to take some tonight.

Reaction score
I saw the pics with the cloak on and thought it looked mighty good, but I was wondering how the SC Anakin head worked out? I have been holding off on a headswap because I think that head looks the best so far for the Swoop ridin' Ani.

Reaction score
The SC Anakin head worked great. I was debating whether to use the SC head or the Tatooine Attack head, which I think is also good, but the SC head worked out much better. With that head plus the cloak, he looks almost exactly like Anakin does in that scene from AOTC where he's riding his speeder to find his mom, and Duel of the Fates is playing in the background, etc. I'll take a pic tonight after I get home.

Reaction score
I know it's hard to believe, but I didn't find anything new today.
frown.gif
There is nothing at the Wal-Marts or Targets on 281, 410/10 or 10/De Zavala.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Forhekset:
The SC Anakin head worked great. I was debating whether to use the SC head or the Tatooine Attack head, which I think is also good, but the SC head worked out much better. With that head plus the cloak, he looks almost exactly like Anakin does in that scene from AOTC where he's riding his speeder to find his mom, and Duel of the Fates is playing in the background, etc. I'll take a pic tonight after I get home.
<font size="2" face="arial">Cool! That's what I thought when I first saw pics of him at GH. He kind of has that pissed off, determined to kick some Tusken butt look to him...now if I could just find one (two). Did you have any trouble doing the headswap due to the action feature on the swoop Ani?

[ 04-16-2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tiller:
I know it's hard to believe, but I didn't find anything new today.
frown.gif
There is nothing at the Wal-Marts or Targets on 281, 410/10 or 10/De Zavala.
<font size="2" face="arial">Nothing at the Target, Wal-Mart, or TRU on SW Military either, though TRU did have a butt-load of April 23 Yodas and Dookus (remember when those were so HTF?), Tatooine Attack Anis, Darth Mual (Sith Training), and CT Pilots...TONS of them.

I also saw a guy get the crap beat out of him in the parking lot at Wal-Mart
shocked.gif
Gotta love the South side
wink.gif

I read somewhere on here that somebody found the Padawan 2-packs in NY! I think it was at Wal-Mart, but I could be wrong.

[ 04-16-2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
I just found the new Anakin Secret Ceremony wave at the Wal-Mart at 1604 & 281 about an hour ago! They had a couple each of Anakin, Fett, Mace, R2, Obi-Wan , & Dooku as of 11:30 pm. Check those Wal-Mart's again!

[ 04-18-2003, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: force guy ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Ray:
I also saw a guy get the crap beat out of him in the parking lot at Wal-Mart
shocked.gif
Gotta love the South side
wink.gif

I read somewhere on here that somebody found the Padawan 2-packs in NY! I think it was at Wal-Mart, but I could be wrong.
<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, you gotta love the South side! BTW, I read that someone found the new bear clan padawan 2-packs in Arizona. I know that SA usually sees new stuff shortly after Houston does, so I'll be checking their thread to gauge when they might hit. I really want Ashla & Jempa (sp?).

Reaction score
Originally posted by force guy:
I just found the new Anakin Secret Ceremony wave at the Wal-Mart at 1604 & 281 about an hour ago! They had a couple each of Anakin, Fett, Mace, R2, Obi-Wan , & Dooku as of 11:30 pm. Check those Wal-Mart's again!
<font size="2" face="arial">Wow, I must have just missed this post as I checked last night right before I went to bed. Wonder if they have anything left? Maybe I will head out there. Nice score Forceguy
smile.gif

Reaction score
I hit both Wal-Marts on 281 today and found nothing. The one at 281 and 1604 had none of the new figures left as of 10:30 am.
frown.gif

Reaction score
Yeah, these newer waves disappear quickly. I know when the Anakin wave hit De Zavala a couple of days ago, they were gone within minutes. Like Billy Ray, I drove up there only to find Obi-Wan.
frown.gif
Of course, last night made up for it.
smile.gif
BTW, Mace looks way better in person than he does in pics. He still has that pizza cutter stuck on his back, but the sculpt is top notch.

Reaction score
Force Guy. What condition were the card and Bubbles in? The ones that I found at De Zavala were beat up.
frown.gif
Who needs this wave and what condition are you looking for? I will defintely hid some for those who want them.
wink.gif

I also checked the TIE Bombers at the Wal-Mart at 1604 and 281. They are still full price.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.