San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I went to the Wal-Mart on De Zavala this afternoon & all they had were Destroyer Droids, Jango Pilots, & deluxe Geonosians. However, the Target at De Zavala still had quite a few $9.88 clearance priced 12" stuff (Dooku, SBD, & Zam), as well as all of their deluxe stuff (accessory sets included) marked down to $7.99. They had an Arena Battle set, a Death Star set, deluxe Yoda, deluxe C-3PO, etc.

Reaction score
I went the the Wal-Marts at 1604/Nacogdoches, 1604/281, and 281/Jones Maltsberger. They all had about the same figures: the Destroyer Droid wave and Teebo/Eeth Koth wave. The 1604/281 did have the new Action Fleet. Targets in the 281 area didn't have anything new.

Reaction score
Even though we haven't seen the Anakin/Boba wave at Wal-Mart yet, like other cities have, it sure is good to see new stuff at Wal-Mart for a change! Those guys can't be too far around the corner I hope.

Reaction score
I'm with you Billy Ray. I am glad to see that they are getting new stuff, but I am worried about the amount though. They are sure getting alot of the Destroyer Droid/Jango Pilot wave. I hope they don't get stuck with too much of it, or we may not see any new waves there for sometime.
Now if TRU and KB would start getting new stuff we would be set.

Reaction score
Viper. I have not seen the Mace Windu Unleashed in sometime. The last place I saw it was at KB. I will let you know if I see any.
Did you also need the Darth Tyranus Unleased as well?

G

Tiller,
Haven't really collected the Unleashed line but thought the Mace Windu looked cool (at least the pics on the internet). Thought if I could find one hidden somewhere I'd get it. Looking forward to Leia and Vader Unleashed. Got caught up with my Action Fleets over the weekend so doing pretty well. Just need a few Star Trek figs and I'll be good to go for a while...but that's a topic for a different board. Thanks in advance -- Viper

Reaction score
BTW, if anyone still needs an Anakin speeder/Dooku speeder set, the Super Target at 1604 & Bandera had quite a few earlier today.

Billy Ray, I agree with you. It's nice to find new figures in our area for a change. I'm just glad I found Aayla.

[ 04-01-2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: force guy ]

Reaction score
Hello all. Just wanted to pass along the fact that there is a toy card & comic show this Sat. and Sun. at the Live Oak Civic Center on Pat Booker in U.C.. Otherwise, not much to report. GS out.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Guy Snootles:
Hello all. Just wanted to pass along the fact that there is a toy card & comic show this Sat. and Sun. at the Live Oak Civic Center on Pat Booker in U.C.. Otherwise, not much to report. GS out.
<font size="2" face="arial">Hey GS, do you know if that is the big Collector's Expo that they used to have regularly there (they have the same one in Austin)?

Reaction score
It could be the same, but I am not sure. It's the big one that is held in the main hall. GS out

Reaction score
I think I am going to check it out, but I probably won't get there till late. My son has a b-day party and a soccer game that day. My understanding is that it is only Saturday right?

The website for the Civic Center says they had one in January, did anybody go to that one?

[ 04-02-2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
Super Target at Bandera and 1604 had Anakin and Dooku speeder bikes today.

Wal-Mart at I10 and DeZavala had tons of new Action Fleet.

Target at I10 DeZavala had several Arena accessory sets.

[ 04-02-2003, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

G

I've got the Race for the Cure to attend on Sat so won't be at comic con. Never been to one here but sounds interesting.

Reaction score
Looks like the Yoda lightsaber has hit retail, at least in AZ. I am going out there on business next week, hopefully I will find the Anakin/Boba wave...keeping my fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Super K-Mart at 410 and Marbach (which is closing) has their SW stuff on sale for 50% off! This works out to $2.74 per figure. Great news if you are looking to bolster your army of Battledroids (or Senator Jar-Jars)

Reaction score
Have any of ya'll seen the Geonosian Battle Playset in any of the closing Kmarts down there in San Antoni?

:: up here in Austin ::

Reaction score
Didn't see any today at the one I went to, pretty much all they had were basic figures and some deluxe.

The day of bargains continues though, I found Saga KAM and beardless Endor Trooper for $2.99 at Target on SW Military. The weird thing was that this sale appeared to be only on Collection 2 figures...

Reaction score
Hey guys. Nothing new to report on this side of town. Just the same old stuff.

I am going to try to make the Collector's Expo on Sat. I went to the one in January, but was not to impressed. Not as much SW stuff as I had expected. Hopefully this will be better.

Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but has anyone seen the LOTR Gollum figure out there anywhere? I just read that it was spotted in Dallas.

Reaction score
Billy Ray. I have not seen him yet. If I do find one, I'll hide him for you.
Hey great job on the Mundi.

Reaction score
Your KAM figure turned out great! Good job! Regarding the toy show this weekend, is it being run by a guy named Dale? He used to run a toy show at that location every now & then (real nice guy). If so, his toy shows are usually kind of small.

Reaction score
Yes, that's him. He runs a real nice toy show but as far as Star Wars stuff is concerned, the pickings are usually kind of slim. I might go to the show anyway in the hopes that someone will have the new Anakin figure for a reasonable price.

Reaction score
Hey Billy Ray, I saw 3 Yoda sabers at Wal-Mart at 1604 & Nacogdoches around noon. Nothing else of interest. GS out

Reaction score
I tried to go. I had to go to work this morning, so I figured I would go when it open. I got there a little before 9:00am. To my suprise the end of line to get in was almost to 1604 and about three people wide.
Is the line always that long when it opens? So unfortunately being pressed for time, I decided to hit a few stores and then go to work.

G

GS,
Thanks for the info. Went to the Wal-Mart at 1604 & Nacogdoches and picked-up last Yoda Lightsaber. They also had 2 Tie Bombers. I was tempted to purchase one but didn't want to endure the wrath of the wife.

TRUs at 1604 & I-35 had a couple of the old "Luke, I am your father" Vader Unleashed if anyone is interested (I'm going to wait for the new one with "removable" helmet).

Reaction score
Hey Billy Ray. I found the LOTR Gollum at the Wal-Mart at 281 and Jones Maltsberger. I hid one behind the 12 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
It was in mint condition. There are still about 5 of them on the pegs. Unfortunately there was no SW to be found.

Reaction score
Tiller, thanks for the heads up on Gollum! I just checked the posts here about a 1/2 hour ago and was afraid he might be gone already. I stopped by my local Wal-Mart (151 at 410) on the way out there and they had several!
For anyone who collects LOTR, they also had the Helms Deep Legolas, Theodin w/Armor, and Sam in Mordor!

If only SW was distributed as well as LOTR stuff, I am not a big LOTR collector, but have some select pieces and think they are very nice.

Reaction score
Well, I went to KB at Ingram today to take advantage of their SW sales. They had gunships marked down to $25 & all of their figures marked down to $3. I picked up another Geonosian with Massiff & a couple of Super Battle Droids. They also had 12" electronic Obi-Wan & Jango marked down to $10! The figure selection at Ingram wasn't too bad (they had Djas Puhr, Clone Trooper Pilot, Destroyer Droid, tons of Pilot Padmes, tons of female Tuskens, Watto, Teemto, etc).

Reaction score
Heh, I posted a couple of questions that force guy answered right above me, if I had just been paying attention. Never mind.

I wonder if KB at Ingram will have any 12" Electronic Jangos left by this weekend...I don't feel like driving all the way over there one day after work this week.

[ 04-08-2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Forhekset ]

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is nothing new at Wal-Marts and Targets at 10/De Zavala, 1604/281, and 1604/Jones Maltsberger.

Does anyone know where a good place is to buy star cases here in SA? I am looking for the ones that fit the POTF2 cards. How much were they? Thanks.

Reaction score
I dunno about SA Tiller, but I get all my star cases from wholesalescases.com.

Reaction score
Tiller, you might try checking Purple Cactus, Heroes & Fantasies, or Alien Worlds for star cases if you need them right away.

Reaction score
Hey guys, did the KBtoys up at Bandera and 410 close, along with that Target? I haven't been out that way in a while and I was just wondering before I drive all the way over there.

Reaction score
No, it's still open. As of Monday, they had a few Gunships, 12" electronic Obi-Wan's, & the usual slew of pegwarmers.

Status
Not open for further replies.