San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone looking for the new Action Fleet ships should check out the Walmart at I-10 and De Za Vala. They had Slave One, Republic Gunship and Republic Cruiser this evening. There was several of each.

Reaction score
WOW!

Thank you soooo much. I went down there today and picked up a Republic Gunship AF and I couldn't be any more greatful then I am right now! Thank agains!

[ 03-21-2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: matthewilw ]

Reaction score
And I emailed you back Spicoli.

I got tired of waiting for the new AF to get here so I ordered the Gunship, Slave I, Snowspeeder, and AT-AT online. Got those in the mail today here at work. Cool stuff

I haven't seen anything new in stores since Tiller stashed away some of the Padme/Tusken/Library Droids wave for me like a month ago.

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm from Colorado and I was wondering if any of had an extra Ephant Mon lying around anywhere. Cause I can't any up here in Boringville, USA. Can anyone help a fellow collector?

Reaction score
Early this morning at the Target at De Zavala, I spotted Dooku with speederbike & Anakin with speederbike. Other than that, I haven't spotted anything new. I'm still waiting for Ceremony Anakin & Aayla to show up.

G

Went to Walmart at I-10 and De Za Vala last night and all the AF they had left was 2 Ties and 1 Republic Cruiser. Picked up the cruiser.

Reaction score
From what I've read elsewhere in the forums the new wave with Boba and Anakin seem to be showing up at Wal-Marts in various parts of the country! Any signs here? I will be checking tommorow.

Reaction score
Hey guys. If anyone needs the Obi-Wan and Darth Tyranus, I found them at the Targets at Bitters and 281 and Jones Maltberger. They also had the speeders and Ephant Mon wave as well.

Billy Ray. I have not seen the new Boba wave yet, but well let you know when I do.

Reaction score
Looks like the Boba, Anakin wave showed up in Dallas...any day now. I had no luck today and saw nothing new other than the afore-mentioned Ephants (who thinks he will soon be a major peg-warmer?) and he's not really "new".

Reaction score
BTW, thanks Tiller! Because of you, I was able to get a hold of the new Dooku figure. I think he's a cool figure. Anyway, like Billy Ray said, the Boba wave has shown up in Dallas & also Houston. Keep your eyes peeled!

Reaction score
No problem Force Guy. Anytime.

I didn't find anything new today in the 281 area.
Hopefully I will have better luck tomorrow.

Tiller out.

Reaction score
Hey guys, spotted two more Ephant Mons at the TARGET on Walzem road (next to Roosevelt High School). They also had one of the new Tuskens.

Reaction score
No new finds at the stores in the 281 area.
Checked on the TIE Bombers. They are still full price.

Reaction score
Hey, are there still any speeders at the Bitters & 281 Target? I was thinking of running over there during lunch....

Reaction score
There were only one of each when I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago, haven't been out that way since but they may have restocked. Haven't seen any on this side of town but I will definitely let you know if I do. They seem to be showing up in good numbers elsewhere in TX.

I really like these. Dooku and speeder rock!Ankakin's speeder is awesome and the figure is great except for the head (of course), though it doesn't look as bad as some of the pics that were out there.

I plan to do a headswap w/the Wedding Ani, assuming I ever find one (two actually) and give him the cloak as well. Somebody posted pics of him with the cloak on and I thought it looked pretty darn good.

Reaction score
Forhekset. The Target at 281 and Jones Maltsberger put out a case of them this morning. I am not sure what condition they were in.

Again nothing new on this side of town.
Where are the new figures?

Reaction score
I have a good feeling that we might see new figures trickle in by the weekend. Here's hoping anyway! I'll be checking Wal-Mart....

Reaction score
I hope so, I am really jonesing for a Wedding Anakin and Boba Pit O' Carkoon
Heck I woulnd't even mind seeing the new Mace, but they can keep that Flying R2.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I stopped by the Target at 281/Bitters after work and found two Ephants...if anyone needs them, they're hidden behind a yellow R/C Hummer the next aisle over from the SW stuff. They also had the new Tyranus, Obi-Wan, and several of the Deluxe Yodas and 3POs. Wonder where all the Ephants are coming from? It seems like maybe when that one Target up at Bandera/410 closed, they distributed all their stock around town or something.

By the way, has anyone seen the Endor Acc. sets or the Arena Acc. sets? If you do see any, could you stash some away for me? I need 2 of the Arena, and one of the Endor...I went to 4 different Targets earlier this evening and bombed at each of them, except for finding those two Ephants at the first one.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Ray:
I plan to do a headswap w/the Wedding Ani, assuming I ever find one (two actually) and give him the cloak as well. Somebody posted pics of him with the cloak on and I thought it looked pretty darn good.
<font size="2" face="arial">That's exactly what I plan on doing, or I might use a TA Ani head.

Reaction score
Wal-Mart at 151 and 410 has a ton of the new Action Fleet Gunships, Republic Cruisers, and Slave I. they also had one of the new RFTs with the dark hair.

There were actually two Targets that closed, the one at Bandera/410 and the one at Vance Jackson/410. Ephants seem to be showing up at a lot of Targets around the country, also heard tell of them being found at TRU. So glad I didn;t pay big bucks for one

Forhekset, pretty sure I have seen both of those sets around, I know the new Target had a bunch of accessory sets, but not sure which ones exactly. I know that they had the Endor one though for sure. The Target at Walzem had a bunch too.

Reaction score
Forhekset, I know that the Super Target on Bandera & 1604 still had a few Arena Battle accessory sets last weekend, along with a Death Star accessory set. You might try checking there if it's not out of your way.

Like Billy Ray posted, the Wal-Mart at 410 & 151 had quite a few of the newer action fleet ships. I picked up a Republic Gunship for myself, & boy, it's very nice & highly detailed. BTW, the Rebel Trooper figure was still there this afternoon. The Target at De Zavala had their 12" stuff marked down to $9.88. They had plenty of Super Battle Droids, Zam's, & Dooku's.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys, I might stop by the Super Target at Bandera and 1604 tonight, since it's on my way home....

Reaction score
The Super Target at Bandera/1604 had two of the Dooku speeders this morning. I bought one of them...this was around 9:45, so the other one is probably still there if anybody wants to run out there and grab it.

They didn't have any of the Anakin speeders. No Endor or Arena Acc. sets either, unfortunately for me.

Reaction score
Found nothing new at the Wal-Marts at 281/1604 and 1604/Nacogdoches. TRU at the Forum still has not received the new Unleashed Figures

Again we can see that SA is last place to get anything new.

Reaction score
Have the new Unleashed showed up anywhere yet? I don't really collect the line like I do 3 3/4, but I would like to get my hands on the new Leia and Vader.

Nothing new at Wal-Mart on 1604 and Culebra, they stocked a lot of toys last night, but I saw no new SW stuff on the pallet

[ 03-29-2003, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

G

Billy Ray/Force Guy,
Thanks for the heads-up on Action Fleet at Wal-Mart at 410 & 151. Went there around 4pm today and picked-up last two I needed (Slave 1 and Gunship). Got last Slave 1 but still 1 Gunship and a couple Republic Cruisers left. Still no sign of Leia or Vader Unleashed.

Reaction score
Cool deal Viper! That gunship is nice, isn't it? Anyway, I'll probably go out for a late night toy run later. Hopefully something new will turn up.

Reaction score
Florida Collectors on this board have been posting for awhile that they are finding the new Unleashed at TRU. Hopefully we will see them soon.

Reaction score
I went to the Wal-Mart at 281 & 1604, & low & behold, I saw new cases of figures on the palette. I asked the stocker (I think his name is Roger) if he could open a case & he did. He was very nice. I ended up getting only one figure (Aayla Secura). Anyway, they got two cases of the Aayla wave (which contains Barriss Offee, Lama Su, Padme, Tusken, Library Droids, Teebo, Rebel Fleet Trooper). The bad news is that the other two cases I spotted weren't really new figures but more of the same wave with the Destroyer Droids, Yoda's, Jango Pilot, etc. (Collection 1, Wave 9, Ratio 3, to be exact). Anyway, happy hunting!

Reaction score
Wal-Mart at 151 and 410 had some newer 2003 figures! They had the new Padme, Imp Officer, RFT, Teebo, and Eeth Koth. They also had several Deluxe CTs.

Target at the Forum had several Deluxe Yodas!

p.s. forgot that the Wal-Mart at 151 also had the Library Droids and Tusken Raider as well.

[ 03-30-2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
Wal-Mart at 151 still had some 2003 figures left this morning. Padme, Teebo, Eeth Koth, RFT (dark hair), Tusken, and several deluxe CTs with speeder bike. They also had one of each trash compactor screen scenes.

Reaction score
Forhekset, if you are still looking for the Arena Accessory sets, the new Super Target at 410 and Fredricksburg had two of them today at lunchtime.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Billy Ray, I actually found an Arena set and an Endor set after work at the Target on Bitters/281. I only found one of each, but I think I'll just settle for that, cuz I only wanted the Arena set for the cloak anyway...and I can just buy a couple extra Obi-Wan pilots and use those cloaks. Now I just have to find some Obi-Wan pilots...I know I saw some pegwarming a couple of weeks ago, but I can't remember where. TRU maybe?

By the way you guys, Target also had 3 each of the Anakin and Tyranus speeder bikes. Plus, they had a few 12" figures on clearance for $9.98 each. They had Dooku, Zam, and the Super Battle Droid. I grabbed a Dooku and SBD. I don't collect 12", but it's hard to pass them up at 50% off. They were around the corner from the SW stuff, on one of the clearance end caps.

Btw, did you do a headswap on your Anakin w/ speeder yet, BR? I can't decide if I want to use TA Anakin's head or SC Anakin's head. TA Anakin's head might look pretty good, and they have a ton of those at the TRU at 410/Blanco.

Reaction score
No, I haven't done it yet. I think I am going to wait for the SC Anakin, he has kind of an intense look without the teeth showing. If you check out this shot at GalacticHunter it looks pretty close to what Anakin did in the movie (at least to me it does).

BTW, Target at Westlakes STILL had an Ephant Mon on the pegs today! TRU at Ingram had some of the Unleashed Vaders (the first release Bespin one, not the new one with two heads) in case anyone needed one. Wal-Mart at 1604 and Culebra had a few 2003 figs...Imp Officer, Tusken, Teebo, RFT, and an Action Fleet Slave I and Republic Cruiser.

G

Nothing new at TRUs on SW Military Drive. Anyone seen any Mace Windu Unleashed around? I should have picked him up last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.