San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Current state of collecting in San Antonio as witnessed by Billy Ray:

I haven't seen the Yavin or HOF waves anywhere either! Target seems to be only restocking with Clone Wars Animated wave 2. The Wal-Marts I have been to either haven't gotten anything new in or have stocked with either the Hoth wave or older repack stuff like the Throne Room wave and SC Anakin, Carkoon Fett, Aayla, and Yoda w/kids. Clone Wars (regular) wave 1 seems like it is being restocked at some places but no signs of Clone Wars waves 2 or 3 anywhere. They made a few brief appearances and were quickly gobbled up!

Ultra wave 2 (Jabba and his kids) have popped up here and there at various Wal-Marts, and the newest Unleashed (Clone, Luke, Chewie) have also popped up at TRU and a few Wal-Marts here and there. Unleashed Han seems to be a peg warmer at several Wal-Marts, while Yoda and Boba make fleeting appearances.

The new 12" wave (Ugly Ben, Garindan, Jawas) also are everywhere (TRUs and Wal-Marts) with Ugly Ben and Garindan holding down the shelves while the Jawas seem to be going home with someone rather quickly. The previous wave (Luke, Scout Trooper, Yoda, Ewoks) also seem to be popping up with some regularity. Luke is the pegwarmer here, Yoda and the Ewoks go fairly quickly, the Scout Trooper seems to fly off the shelves.

Of course, for up to the minute, late breaking, in your face, San Antonio and surrounding area store reports and news you would be advised to join the Alamo City Star Wars Collectors

[ 02-26-2004, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
While not from San Antonio, my job puts me in San Antonio for 3 out of 4 Fridays a month. So ...

Forum Target - Basic pegs sparsely filled with Amed-Beq wave. Animated pegs loaded with Wave 2 figures including Clone Troopers.

Forum TRU - Plenty of Garindan and Old Ugly Ben 12" figures. Lots of Imperial Dignitary #2 wave.

New Braunfels Target & Walmart - More of the same dry spell.

Happy Hunting!

Reaction score
The Target exclusive glasses (Maul & Ben) were spotted a few days ago. The Unleashed Clone Trooper wave made its way through various Wal-Marts. Nothing new in terms of new figures (Yavin wave, Hall Of Fame wave).

Reaction score
The Yavin wave finally turned up today at Target/Crossroads! Didn't see them at Targets Westlakes, Jone Maltsberger, or SW Military...hopefully they will hit those stores later in the week!

Reaction score
Hello all, Wal-Mart on FM 78 in Converse has both the ANH(Cpt Antillies) and ROTJ(Lando) waves on the pegs this afternoon. Only one or two of each fig because of older peg warmers. Gal stocking said more in back just no room on shelves. GS out

Reaction score
Saga Kamino Confrontation Obi-Wan and Jango have shown up at at least three TRUs here in town today! Along with the Jabba and Jabba's Denziens these figures hit TRU Ingram, Blanco, and Forum.

Reaction score
The Star Destroyer wave was spotted at various Wal-Marts yesterday, as well as Ultra Obi-Wan & Ultra Jango.

Reaction score
The HOF wave has finally made an appearance. Spotted it (or parts of it) at several Targets around town today as well as at TRU!

TRU Sw Military also had the Red Leader X-Wing.

G

I found some new Star Wars Legos a few days ago at TRU on Bandera, like the new MF.

[ 04-16-2004, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Zero_3 ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zero_3:
I found some new Star Wars Legos a few days ago at TRU on Bandera, like the new MF.
<font size="2" face="arial">Umm...what TRU on Bandera?

Do you mean the mini Falcon or the regular sized one?

[ 04-16-2004, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
Ahh, Bill...

That would be the same TRU on Bandera @ 410, Just like the one that was @ Marbach and 410...Remember the one under the bridge..

-John

Reaction score
Originally posted by John A. Graham a.k.a. amass_sith:
Ahh, Bill...

That would be the same TRU on Bandera @ 410, Just like the one that was @ Marbach and 410...Remember the one under the bridge..

-John
<font size="2" face="arial">Hehe...oh yeah, I forgot about that one

Reaction score
Wal-Mart 1604/Culebra finally restocked their SW stuff last night...with several cases of the Yavin wave. Finally found a Tanus Spijek
They also had the RED Unleashed Clonetroopers as well!

Reaction score
The Ultra Ewok Glider has finally hit town! Thanks to a tip, I found one today at KB Toys in Ingram Park Mall.

Also, FYE in Ingram Park Mall is selling Star Wars cardboard standees for anyone interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.