San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can't see it dude! Was Dave Prowse cool? I got to meet him when I was a kid, in England (at a Fourth of July picnic of all things!). He was kinda grumpy at the time, maybe because we were in England and it was a 4th of July picnic
I got his autograph, pretty cool. Man, that guy is HUGE!

G

Originally posted by Billy Ray:
Can't see it dude! Was Dave Prowse cool? I got to meet him when I was a kid, in England (at a Fourth of July picnic of all things!). He was kinda grumpy at the time, maybe because we were in England and it was a 4th of July picnic
I got his autograph, pretty cool. Man, that guy is HUGE!
<font size="2" face="arial">Sorry I fixed it now

Reaction score
Hey guys, what's up? Sorry, no new SW toy news here but for all the PS2 lovers out there like myself, I just wanted to report finding the new SCPH-50001 model at BestBuy here in S.A.. For those who don't know the 50001 is just a new configuration of our beloved black box. Sony lost the iLink port(firewire), cut the machine weight, added a much quiter fan, progressive scan playback(480i) ,a built in IR remote sensor and probably updated the software although it is not mentioned anywhere. If you have the new remote model you can control, turn on/off the unit and open/close the disc tray from your easy chair. GS out.

G

Jedi121,
Wow, I saw Prowse at a Sci-Fi convention in Denver, CO in 1977. Still have his autograph somewhere. Looks like he hasn't aged too well. Hope he was in good health. Was there a good crowd? Always feel kinda sad for these aging actors that only tour cons (especially small cons like the one in Austin a month ago....hardly anyone at their table in back of room). -- Viper

G

Originally posted by Viper:
Jedi121,
Wow, I saw Prowse at a Sci-Fi convention in Denver, CO in 1977. Still have his autograph somewhere. Looks like he hasn't aged too well. Hope he was in good health. Was there a good crowd? Always feel kinda sad for these aging actors that only tour cons (especially small cons like the one in Austin a month ago....hardly anyone at their table in back of room). -- Viper
<font size="2" face="arial">Hey Viper, Yeah he was ok, on his cane though. He had quite a crowd considering he charged $30 bucks a pop. He was really nice. Good crowd.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jedi121:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Viper:
Jedi121,
<font size="2" face="arial">Hey Viper, Yeah he was ok, on his cane though. He had quite a crowd considering he charged $30 bucks a pop. He was really nice. Good crowd. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Wow! I got mine for free if I recall correctly. This was around '83 or so, right after ROTJ came out. In England he was also the "Green Cross Man" (or something like that) and appeared in T.V. spots on pedestrian safety directed at children or something to that effect. I have a scan of it, I'll try to dig up.

[ 10-30-2003, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

G

Hehe hey all i went to a fund raiser at Bank of America last night and went in my biker scout costume for the contest and won! hehe I've never won one of those small torphys before..it was cool. Something eles to add to my collection.

Reaction score
Red ARC Troopers spotted at Wal-Mart on 1604 and Nacodoches! All are gone now, one to me, one to Amass-sith, and one to a "mystery shopper" wwho discovered Tiller's stash behind the Power Rangers. Be on the look-out!

G

Hey guys not sure if anyone is interseted but I have received 2 star wars unleashed figures new in box, of darth maul and jango and boba. They were donated to us by Crazy Star Wars.We are selling them to raise some extra funds before the next convention where we will be making the donation. There going at only $5 a piece. SO if interested let me know. Laters.

OK just posting that they are sold. Has anyone seen any more busts around town? I have gotten my white clone bust but thats it so far.

[ 11-12-2003, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Jedi121 ]

G

Force Guy,
I went to Eckman's Toy Show. If you didn't go you didn't miss much. Spent about 30 mins there and left empty handed. The little amount of current stuff they had wasn't priced to sell. Didn't find anything I was looking for. Guess I'll have to find it on the internet.

G

ok I don't know where that last post went but if any of you all do costuming then you guys should sign up with us to march in the 2004 Fiesta Night Parade, we will be in Star Wars Costumes and are getting the 501st and Rebel Legion members to come join us if interested sign up at the SWSSA home page and click on the fiesta link.. SWSSA

Reaction score
The Target at 1604 and Bandera had several A-Wings at the sale price of $18.88. BTW, I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Reaction score
Unleashed wave 6 has finally hit S.A.! Picked up
Han at TRU at Ingram. They had one Yoda left.

[ 12-03-2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
The TRU at Blanco had plenty of the Bail Organa wave earlier this afternoon.

Reaction score
Hoth wave has hit town! Wal-Marts at 1604/Culebra and 281/Jone Maltsberger both had them today!

Also, the Ultra sets have popped up everywhere! Wal-Marts and TRUs at several locations have them.

[ 12-10-2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
Hello all, I this afternoon I saw several Ultra sets at Wal-Mart on FM 78 in Converse. No regular figs though. GS out.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Guy Snootles:
Hello all, I this afternoon I saw several Ultra sets at Wal-Mart on FM 78 in Converse. No regular figs though. GS out.
<font size="2" face="arial">Hey GS! Long time no see!

Reaction score
Hey guys, the ACSWC Yahoo board seems to be experiencing technical difficultiess today, so a I am posting here in hopes that some of you will see it...

CLONE WARS WAVE 3 has hit town!!! I spotted them at Wal-Mart on 151/410 (nabbed the last of the CTs, sorry) and Phil's wife saw them at Wal-Mart on DeZavala!!!

Hit those Wal-Marts kids

Wal-Mart at 151 also had Concept Troopers.

Reaction score
Found the new CW Wave 3 at the Wal-Mart at 1604/281. The have tons of them. They are randomly spread out in the action figure isle. Wal-Mart at 281/Jone Maltberger also had them.

Reaction score
Animated CW figures have finally hit S.A. I found them at Target at Westlakes today, others have found them at various other Targets around town!

Reaction score
Found a single 2004 Jedi Luke today at the Target on Jones Maltsberger. No signs of the rest of the wave though.

Reaction score
Found Cartoon Network SW Figures today at a couple of Targets. The Han Hoth brown coat variation is also starting to hit the San Antonio area.

Reaction score
The TRU at the Forum (at I35 exit 173) had four of the exclusive Jedi 4 packs. I picked up two and left two this afternoon.

Reaction score
If anyone finds the Lego ATAT at Target at the 24.99 price please pick one or two up for me. I will pay for your time and shipping.

Reaction score
The Target on Bandera & 1604 has quite a few Cartoon Network animated Clone Wars figures ($6.99 each) if you need 'em.

Reaction score
Looks like TRU is getting in Unleashed shipments again. MAnaged to score a Boba Fett (FINALLY!!!) at the TRU on SW Military! TRU Ingram and TRU Blanco both received this wave today as well, but neither had any Bobas, just Han and Yoda. Not sure about the Forum TRU.

Reaction score
Eckman's Toy Show took place today, at the Live Oak Center. I think it ends at 5.

G

Well I got my LE Master Replica's Thermal Det, today! Its now one of my center pieces, will order the Anakin Sig Edition by the 22nd.

Reaction score
The Cartoon Network Wave 2 figures have been found at Targets in the San Antonio area.

Reaction score
The new Ultra Figure wave 2 and Jabba's Sail Barge wave has hit the SA area.

Reaction score
Hello all, I saw Ultra Jabba & Denizens packs at the 1604 & Nacogdoches WM around 11:00 am. GS out.

Reaction score
The new Unleashed wave (Clone Trooper, Chewie, and Luke) made its way through TRU this weekend, along with the new 12" wave (Garindan, Jawas, and Ben).

[ 02-09-2004, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Force Guy ]

Reaction score
No signs of the Hall of Fame or Yavin Waves. The new unleashed wave has been showning up at TRUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.