San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Not looking for Ephant Mon any more...would you believe I found him today at that new Target? I kid you not, I got there around 9:00 and there he was, right out in front! I about crapped my pants!

Do you have one Tiller? I know Fohekset is looking for one.

Reaction score
Congrats on the find Billy Ray. Glad to hear you finally got one.
I don't have an extra one, but I was wondering what "C" rating ya'll where looking for. Because of the size of the bubble and the way they are packed in the case, it is hard to find mint cards or bubbles.

Reaction score
I am an opener, so as long as it isn't crushed to the point where the figure is damaged I'm good. The card on Ephant Mon had some pretty heavy duty creases, I don't know how the rating works but it definitley wasn't "mint".

I am wondering if they might have more in the back because they didn't have a whole lot of figures on the pegs.

I also wondered if they got stock from one of the two Targets they closed (the one at Bandera/410 and the one further down 410 near Vance Jackson). Maybe that Ephant Mon was sitting in the back of one of those stores all of these months.

Reaction score
Hey BR, I actually have two Ephants now. I traded for one on a mostly mint card (he has a small bend at the bottom right corner, but otherwise he's ok) and then I bought another that was on a pretty beat-up card, so I opened him. Thanks for remembering me though
Glad you found one!

Reaction score
Glad you finally got one (two). Haven't seen much else around lately, shouldn't the Anakin and Dooku speeders be out by now?

Reaction score
Anakin and Tyranus's speeders seem to be hit Targets in Texas. Thats according to the other the posts in the Texas and Austin boards. So be on the look out. No new finds today.

Reaction score
Anybody seen the TIE bomber anywhere besides the Walmart off of DeZavala and I-10? I was there yesterday to pick up some Clone Pilots to go with my $9.99 Gunship, and I saw that they had moved the TIE bombers from a display by themselves out in a main aisle, back to the SW aisle...I only saw about 3 of them. Have they sold that fast??

I just read on the front page of 'scum that some guy found the bombers for $7.00 in the clearance aisle, so I got to thinking about it....I'd get one if I could get it on sale, even though I really don't have room to be buying vehicles.

I'm really fiending for some new Action Fleet, too. I want an AT-AT, Snowspeeder, Gunship, and Slave I...but all I ever see are Solar Sailers, and TIE Advanceds. :/

[ 03-11-2003, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Forhekset ]

Reaction score
I know the Wal-Mart at 1604 and Culebra has some left and I am pretty sure that the one at 151 and 410 has some (though I can't be 100% on that last one). Not sure on the price, since I already got one I haven't really checked 'em lately.

Where did you find a $9.99 Gunship???

I hear you on the new action fleet, though I don't have any, I would really like the AF Gunship. Haven't seen anything newer than the AT-TE and Solar Sailer out here either.

Reaction score
The Gunships were on sale for like 12 hours one day last week at KBtoys.com for $9.99 each, limit 1 per person. I guess they sold enough of them to reduce their stock as much as they wanted pretty quickly, because they jacked them back up to $40 the same day, I think.

I didn't realize how frigging HUGE the Gunship is til I got it out of the box yesterday. I hardly have room for it, but it looks great on top of one of my bookcases. I need to take pics of my collection once I get things set up like I want. Anyway, it was quite the bargain
Shipping was like $9 though for the Gunship alone, and I bought a Ki-Adi Mundi to go with it, so my total ended up being something like $25.

By the way, since we probably won't see them down here for a while, Yestertoys.com has the new Mace, Anakin, R2, and Boba Fett, or at least they did yesterday, if any of you guys are interested. The prices aren't too bad, around $7-9 each depending on if you get mint or non-mint. I ordered two Anis and two Fetts.

[ 03-11-2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Forhekset ]

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I remember reading that on the main page, glad you were able to get one at that price. I picked mine up last year when they first came out. You are right, it is pretty darn big. I found a pretty good way to display mine, here is a pic...

It doesn't take up too much space that way, now if I could just find something to do with that Naboo Cruiser

Reaction score
I put the X-Wing like that to conserve space and also so the wings wouldn't sag.

Yeah, I need to get some of those starcases, that's why I put them way up there.

Reaction score
Hey Billy Ray. Your collection looks great.
One day I hope to have room to display mine. I haven't seen anything new lately. I did check on the price of the TIEs at the Wal-Mart at 1604 and 281. They were still $28 bucks yesterday. Hopefully Wal-Mart will clearance them out soon.

Reaction score
Yeah, I like the way you have yours in a corner like that...I don't have my stuff arranged so I could do something like that, so my Gunship is taking up over half of the top of a bookcase (darn wingspan!). I was planning on putting more vehicles or some of the PlaySkool sets I still need on top of that bookcase, but oh well.

I also like how you have the X-Wing displayed. Reminds me of the original Star Wars theatrical posters that had a few X-wings silhouetted flying upwards in front of a moon (or sun).

That Naboo cruiser looks huge as well...dang. By the way it makes me nervous seeing that Jorg Sacul way up there by himself, without a Star Case or anything. Get that guy a protective case!

[ 03-11-2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Forhekset ]

Reaction score
Thanks Tiller. I wish I had a room for my stuff, I have a lot of vintage stuff as well that I would love to display. As it is now all I have is a corner of my upstairs landing with those two shelf units and some closet organizer's stacked in between them in the corner (where the Gunship is). I have my Arena set up on a coffe table and some Vintage 12" on a shelf above my dresser. I've been thinking about putting together a small web page to post pics of it all, such as it is. Someday I will have a whole room.

Nothing new around here. I stopped by the new Super Target at 410 and Fredricksburg and KB Toyworks at Bandera tonight, they had nothing new. Wal-Marts are dry over here too.

[ 03-12-2003, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
Billy Ray, that's a great looking setup you've got there. I really like those loose figure stands. Are those the Wal-mart spice racks?

Reaction score
Hey guys. I found the new speeders at the Target at Bitters and 281.
Hid one set, which was very close to mint, behind the Hulk fists.
Go get them.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Obi-Wan Spicoli:
Billy Ray, that's a great looking setup you've got there. I really like those loose figure stands. Are those the Wal-mart spice racks?
<font size="2" face="arial">Yes they are. Worked out great too

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tiller:
Hey guys. I found the new speeders at the Target at Bitters and 281.
Hid one set, which was very close to mint, behind the Hulk fists.
Go get them.
<font size="2" face="arial">Darn it, with all the coverage of the Hasbro Show this is the first time I have checked here today and it is now too late to go

Maybe I can jet over there in the morning.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up Tiller. I almost went by there after work to check 'em out, but after looking at pictures of both speeders at GalacticHunter, I decided I really don't want them.

However, if you find any new Action Fleet, I'll make a beeline for them

Reaction score
Woo-hoo, 100th post in the S.A. thread, where is my prize???

Thanks a million Tiller, those speeders were still there this morning

Target on Walzem had the Saga Tusken, Teebo, RFT (black hair), and Imperial Officer.

I also picked up the 12" Leia w/Carbonite Han at TRU in the Forum. They also had 12" Padme and Geonosian.

[ 03-13-2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
No problem Billy Ray. I am always happy to hook up a fellow collector.

I haven't seen any of the new Action Fleet. When I do, I will definitely let ya'll know.

Speaking of finds. I found Nada.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just realized today that there was a current "San Antonio finds" thread. It had been so long that I stopped visiting the "Look What I Found" section altogether. Anyway, if anyone finds an extra Aayla Secura, please let me know. I don't care what condition the card is in either. Other than the newer 12" stuff (Padme, Geonosian), I haven't found anything new in quite a while.

Reaction score
Originally posted by force guy:
Hello everyone. I just realized today that there was a current "San Antonio finds" thread. It had been so long that I stopped visiting the "Look What I Found" section altogether. Anyway, if anyone finds an extra Aayla Secura, please let me know. I don't care what condition the card is in either. Other than the newer 12" stuff (Padme, Geonosian), I haven't found anything new in quite a while.
<font size="2" face="arial">Hey Felipe,

I thought I sent a message to the yahoo group about there being a new thread here a while back, could be wrong. Nobody has posted to the Yahoo group in so long and Jimmie seems to have disappeared. I wrote him about adding new people to the group and never heard back from him so I have been posting my news here.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Viper.
I have not seen any of the new Unleashed. I did read they are hitting Florida, so be on the look out for them.

G

Thanks for the friendly welcome Billy Ray and Tiller. No luck at TRU near North Star Mall. Didn't get to SW Military Drive TRU. Will continue my quest next week.

G

Hello all! Great to find a good forum on SW collecting here in the Alamo City. Good discussions going on. Anyone find Leia or Vader Unleashed? I've had good luck at TRU on S Military. Might try today.

Reaction score
Welcome Viper, I havne't seen either of them yet. I am really looking forward to these two as well.

Reaction score
Hey San Antonio, how's it going?

I posted this in the Austin thread and thought I'd post it here too. I hope you don't mind. I'm having to sell a lot of my collection. If you'd like to see what I have click here. If I get some interest I might make a trip down there, or we could arrange something else. Thanks.

Scott

Reaction score
Hey Spicoli, I checked out your stuff when I saw your post in the Austin thread. While I didn't see anything that was looking for, I have to say that those are some really great (and fair) prices! I hope you are able to find a job soon. I wish I could offer you some assistance in that, but unless you are interested in a career in the Air Force...well right now might not be such a good time for that

G

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder....Yup, I'm in AF also. Just went to TRUs on SW Military Dr and nothing new there. Need to restock their shelves.

Reaction score
target at the forum had the new speeders, and I'm pretty sure they had a new three pack, but I was only there looking for the new AF so I can't be 100% sure

Reaction score
Originally posted by matthewilw:
target at the forum had the new speeders, and I'm pretty sure they had a new three pack, but I was only there looking for the new AF so I can't be 100% sure
<font size="2" face="arial">A new three pack?

Reaction score
I wasn't being super attentive, but that's what it looked like to me. Although once again, I'm not positive, so I doubt it.

[ 03-20-2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: matthewilw ]

Reaction score
Sorry, what kind of a 3 pack? Figures? I can't think of any 3-packs that are supposed to be out now...

Reaction score
I can't think of any 3-packs other than Screen Scenes, or Clone Trooper 3-packs....and those sure aren't out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.