San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Guy Snootles:
I just left the Target at the Forum on IH35 and I stashed the last Lama Su, Aayla Secura, and Barris Offee in isle F26 on the rack above the
Fisher Price VW Beetles behind a FP "Loving Family" toy. One Lib. Droids and a few Amidala and Rebs/Imps left on pegs. GS out

Were not always last here:)

I hope one of you local guys gets to them before some C*CKSUC*ER scalper!
<font size="2" face="arial">Hey GS, long time no see! Wow, great find, I really didn't expect these for a while seeing how the Padme wave is just now showing up here. Wish I could have made it out there, I'm sure that stuff is gone by now. It seems TARGET was the place to be today, stopped by the one at Westlakes today after work and they had one lone RFT (the dark haired one) and a couple Deluxe CTs.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tiller:
I found Library droids, Tusken Raider, Padme, Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper at the Target 1604 and Blanco.
First time I have seen anything there in many many months. I hid them in the same area as the Star Wars stuff behind a Teenage Mutant Turtle's Van. They are not in mint codition, but they are not totaly trashed.
<font size="2" face="arial">When did you hide 'em? I forgot to mention I stopped in there yesterday after work and it was the same ol' same ol'. Tons of Mace Windus and not much else.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Darth Dork:
Just being nosy here... I'm in Houston, and it sounds like you guys are finding all the new stuff. A little has shown up here, but not enough to go around
What really hurts is that I used to be stationed at Ft. Sam Houston and I know most of the stores you're talking about.
<font size="2" face="arial">Well it seems to really just be trickling in the past week or so, definitely not in large quantities yet. I am really surprised to see the Aayla wave hitting here so soon. I guess most everyewhere people feel like they are the last to get new stuff. I almost always find new stuff when I go to Houston, Austin, or Dallas.

TARGET definitely seems to be the hot spot here though, most of the ones I frequent have only had a few figures on the pegs for the past couple of months while Wal-Mart's are crammed full of Cantina sets and Padme Pilots.

The Wal-Mart at 151 and 410 had a gang of CT Pilots and new Destroyer Droids this morning.

Reaction score
Hey guys, did anyone raid GS's stash out there at the forum? I was thinking about heading out there at lunch time, but don;t want it to be a wasted trip.

Reaction score
Hey guys, no problem. Always glad to hook up fellow collectors. Let me know if there is anything else your looking for.

Howdy Guy Snootles. Great find. What was the break down of the case you found.

Billy Ray, I am not going out to the forum so they are all yours.

Don't go to any stores on 281 or the 281/1604 area. They had nada.

Reaction score
I was by around 10 am and one of the fine Target employees had moved them back to the SW section. All three were still there on the pegs though. I will post stuff as I find it even though I have given up on the SW scene. GS out

Reaction score
Hey, thanks GS! I was there probably not too long after you were, around 1045 or so and picked them up! I thought the same thing at the time, an employee found your stash and returned it to the pegs.

I wondered why you hadn't been around. Thanks for still posting your find even though you have given up collecting, I very rarely make it out to that part of town. Even though my folks live in Converse and my wife's live in Schertz, we are always there for visting instead of shopping
It would make it more bearable to visit my mother-in-law if I could at least stop by the Forum

Reaction score
You probably already left for lunch Billy Ray, but I didn't raid GS's stash. I'm gonna order a case of wave 13 that contains all those figs anyway so I can wait on getting doubles to open. They're all yours dude.

Reaction score
I hit the the Wal-Marts and Targets in the 281 and 281/1604 area. Unfortunately they all had nothing.

Hey GS thanks for the help. Sorry to hear that you are no longer into SW. Are you still collecting other collectibles or out completely?

Reaction score
Did anyone order the Imperial Shuttle from FAO? If so what condition was the box in when you got it?

Reaction score
I didn't get one and now I kinda wish I had, though I would have nowhere to put it.
Did you get a smashed up one??

Reaction score
I was thinking of ordering one, but I was afraid it would not arrive in good condtion because of the size of the box.

Reaction score
I have 2 in really MINT condition...Since I am in Austin we could meet up so no chance of damage. I have heard of some not ending up in great condition. My roommate got his a little beat up but he opened it anyway. If you guys are interested let me know. I have the extra ones cause I ordered one from EBAY in case mine didnt get reserved.

Reaction score
Hey Billy Ray. I also am interested in a shuttle. I posted a reply on the Austin board, but haven't heard anything back yet.

No new finds at Wal-Marts or Targets on my side of town.

Reaction score
Well...actually I paid 297.57 for both with shipping. So I figure $150 is fair. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hey Gambler. You said that they are in really mint condtion. Is there any damage to the box what so ever (crushed corners, dents, dings, creases). Is there a way I can contact you? Thanks for the hook up.

G

I didn't think anyone was posting here anymore. I got my shuttle today. It was in mint condition, no damage. Defintely worth the money if you can get one. Stopped by the target at blanco/1604 and nothing new unless you need accessory packs. Does the walmart at dezavla/I10 still have bombers?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gambler:
I have 2 in really MINT condition...Since I am in Austin we could meet up so no chance of damage. I have heard of some not ending up in great condition. My roommate got his a little beat up but he opened it anyway. If you guys are interested let me know. I have the extra ones cause I ordered one from EBAY in case mine didnt get reserved.
<font size="2" face="arial">I have been purposefully avoiding replying to this but, darn it, I keep seeing posts about the shuttle and getting pains in my stomach
How much are you asking for one Gambler? That is assuming you still have one left...

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gambler:
Well...actually I paid 297.57 for both with shipping. So I figure $150 is fair. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
<font size="2" face="arial">Sounds fair to me, but I have yet to approach the boss about it
I'll let you know.

[ 02-25-2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by misery:
Does the walmart at dezavla/I10 still have bombers?
<font size="2" face="arial">Yep, they still have quite a few. They moved them them out to a main aisle by themselves to try to unload them.

By the way, are there still any Arena accessory packs around town? I need a couple. All I ever see are the Hoth and Death Star set, and the Endor set once in a blue moon.

Reaction score
I'll check for you on this side of town. Can't say that I have seen them, but there are a lot of accessory packs floating around and I usually don't look to see which ones. I know I havee seen Endor, DS, and Hoth.

Reaction score
Welcome Misery. Great to hear from another SW collector in SA.

Forhekset - I will check the Targets on this side of town for the arena accessory packs. I've seen them but not recently. I will let you know if I find them.

Billy Ray- I'm in for one of the shuttles. Let me know if you are in for the other.

Reaction score
Hey Gambler, Tiller, as much as it pains me I'm gonna have to pass on that shuttle
My marriage is worth it though...I guess

Reaction score
Hey Billy Ray. I hear what you are saying.

Forhekset - I found 2 arena accessory packs at the Target on 281 and Jones Maltsberger. I hid them on G2 behind some Ninja Turtles Van.
One is in excellent condition the other is in decent condition.

Nothing new anywhere else.

Reaction score
Was just reading the Austin thread and the new Action Fleet wave has shown up there (Gunship, Slave I, etc.). Has anyone seen them here? I don't collect that line, but would really like to pick up a Gunship.

Reaction score
Billy Ray, I'm also in SA and I've been on a frantic search the past couple of days looking for the new Action fleets, but so far, nothing. I'm mostly looking further up I-35(rolling oaks,wal-mart, and the forum) so I'm not sure about closer to westlakes mall or anything like that, but if you happen to find the new line please lmk. And if there are any gunships left after you get yours, would you please hide them for me or something? I'll be more than happy to do the same for you. I'm going crazy trying to find these things.

[ 03-01-2003, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: matthewilw ]

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot to say it the last time I was on here. But I know a girl who works at the Target in the Forum, so if there is anything any of you absolutely have to have, I can have her check in the back and hide it somewhere for you guys.

Reaction score
Sure thing, I havne't seen any signs of them out here, but I will definitely let you know if I do.

G

Originally posted by matthewilw:
Oh yeah, I forgot to say it the last time I was on here. But I know a girl who works at the Target in the Forum, so if there is anything any of you absolutely have to have, I can have her check in the back and hide it somewhere for you guys.

<font size="2" face="arial">The only thing I can thing of is Ephant Mon and I 'm sure they don;t have any of those hiding on the back...do they?

Reaction score
I have no idea, but I'll have her check the next time I talk to her. What case assortment is he in? If they have a sealed case she can open it for me.

Reaction score
Hey Billy Ray you beat me to it. I just checked Entertainment Earth website as well. If I see any I will let you know.
I have not seen any of the new action fleet, but will post when I do.

Reaction score
Just thought you guys might like to know, in case you didn't already, that a new Super Target is opening up tommorow (March 5)at Crossroads, right next to Dave and Buster's. I almost forgot about it. I'll hopefully be heading down there in the morning so I will let you guy sknow if I find anything good.

Reaction score
Hey Billy Ray. Thanks for the info. on the new Target store.
I went by this morning about 10:00 am, but no new Star Wars. They just had the same old stuff.
Hopefully the other stores (Wal-Marts and TRUs) around here will start getting the new stuff in.

Billy Ray - What condition of card are you looking for on the Ephant Mon?

Status
Not open for further replies.