San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know have a EU Luke (I'm not sure of the exact title) and a dark trooper. I might also have a clone emperor but I'm not sure, I'll check and get back to you.
<font size="2" face="arial">Thanks for checking man. I have the Luke, Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, Admiral Thrawn, Space Trooper, Imp Sentinal, and now the Leia. I think the only other ones are the Clone Emperor and the Dark Trooper but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
Cool! What are you asking for it?

Stopped by TRU Ingram today, they had two things..."jack" and "squat".

I like Yoda, Forceguy speaks the truth about Purple Cactus. I stopped by there today and was blown away by the amount of SW stuff they had compared to other comic shops and their prices were extremely reasonable. They even had a RH Vader!

Reaction score
The Target at De Zavala had three deluxe SBD builder sets this afternoon. Other than that, nothing. I hope this dry spell goes away soon.

Billy Ray, I'm glad you had a chance to stop by Purple Cactus. It's a pretty cool place, isn't it?

Reaction score
I went to Gamestop and got Matrix action figures, they had all of them, even Twin 2, thereofre, I bought all of them. I also scored and got an Enter the Matrix promotional cardboard standup for free, when I reserved SW Galaxies.

Originally posted by Billy Ray:
I like Yoda, Forceguy speaks the truth about Purple Cactus. I stopped by there today and was blown away by the amount of SW stuff they had compared to other comic shops and their prices were extremely reasonable. They even had a RH Vader!
<font size="2" face="arial">I'll see if I can get someone to take me to Purple Cactus Comics today; Im in need of some orange carded POTF2 figs. When you say reasonably priced, woud that mean maybe $20 or $30 for orange carded? how many figs of orange arded would you say they have, just estimation.

[ 06-06-2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: i like yoda ]

Reaction score
oooohhhh....removeable helmet....i already have one of those....how much were they selling it for though??

and billy ray and force guy, do you have an aim or aol sn? it would much easier to talk with you with that..thanks!!

[ 06-06-2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: i like yoda ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper:
Due to the lack of new product on the shelves in SA I elected to purchase Unleashed Leia and Vader (along with some Aliens Figs, Stifkas, and Elec Sauron) from http://www.bigbadtoystore.com Arrived today so I'm one happy camper (plus the Spurs won)!
<font size="2" face="arial">BTW, bigbadtoystore has Unleashed Wave 5 in stock right now, $17 each.

Reaction score
Originally posted by i like yoda:
I went to Gamestop and got Matrix action figures, they had all of them, even Twin 2, thereofre, I bought all of them. I also scored and got an Enter the Matrix promotional cardboard standup for free, when I reserved SW Galaxies.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Billy Ray:
<font size="2" face="arial">I'll see if I can get someone to take me to Purple Cactus Comics today; Im in need of some orange carded POTF2 figs. When you say reasonably priced, woud that mean maybe $20 or $30 for orange carded? how many figs of orange arded would you say they have, just estimation. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">The RH Vader was $19, the most expensive SW figure that I saw there, everything else was marked around $6!!! They had several orange carded figs. They basically have a whole wall devoted to SW figures. They even had the spitting Jabba w/Hex and Rex, but it was like $40 and I wouldn't have bought it anyway, though it is the first one I have seen.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Force Guy:
The Target at De Zavala had three deluxe SBD builder sets this afternoon. Other than that, nothing. I hope this dry spell goes away soon.

Billy Ray, I'm glad you had a chance to stop by Purple Cactus. It's a pretty cool place, isn't it?
<font size="2" face="arial">Very cool! Thanks for the tip Forceguy. I hope the dry spell ends soon as well. All those cleared out Targets have to re-stock sometime, I've given up on Wal-Mart for a while as they seem to be re-stocking with old crap.

Reaction score
The RH Vader was $19, the most expensive SW figure that I saw there, everything else was marked around $6!!! They had several orange carded figs. They basically have a whole wall devoted to SW figures. They even had the spitting Jabba w/Hex and Rex, but it was like $40 and I wouldn't have bought it anyway, though it is the first one I have seen.
<font size="2" face="arial">holy hell!
shocked.gif
those are good prices!! i definitely have to stop by there. but i live on the south side (on a mental hospital. yes, really) so it's a 30 minute trip says map quest.

billy ray and force guy, how bout those screen names?

Reaction score
That's exactly what I said
wink.gif

I don't have any kind of instant messenger loaded right now, sorry.
<font size="2" face="arial">it's alright. i'll stick to the forums.
smile.gif

Reaction score
i probably won't be able able to go to Purple Cactus today, as my brother is working. And my parents can't take me cause they don't love me.
frown.gif

grin.gif

but it's still possible
grin.gif

[ 06-07-2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: i like yoda ]

Reaction score
just curious, what was the average condition of these figures.

[ 06-07-2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: i like yoda ]

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by i like yoda:
just curious, what was the average condition of these figures.
<font size="2" face="arial">They all looked to be in excellent condition to me. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">alright because of all the good praise about this purple cactus comic book store, it's time for operation, beg my parents

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I finally went to Purple Cactus and it was GREAT. It's huge, and the smell of other nerds in the air is great! I doubled my red card collection while i was there (well, i only had 5 red cards). I got 6 figs, but it was only $47!!! that is by far the greatest store EVER! i wanted to buy 7 but was limited by my dad. The seventh was a Thrawn, but it was $15, so my dad said no.
Billy Ray, I didnt see the Max Rebo 2-packs, someone must have snagged them.

I got red carded Kenobi, Han, Han in Hoth gear, Luke x-wing pilot gear, and Leia. and green carded Prune Face.

Do you all collect POTF2? That is my personal focus.

[ 06-09-2003, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: i like yoda ]

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I finally went to Purple Cactus and it was GREAT. It's huge, and the smell of other nerds in the air is great! I doubled my red card collection while i was there (well, i only had 5 red cards). I got 6 figs, but it was only $47!!! that is by far the greatest store EVER! i wanted to buy 7 but was limited by my dad. The seventh was a Thrawn, but it was $15, so my dad said no.
Billy Ray, I didnt see the Max Rebo 2-packs, someone must have snagged them.

I got red carded Kenobi, Han, Han in Hoth gear, Luke x-wing pilot gear, and Leia. and green carded Prune Face.

Do you all collect POTF2? That is my personal focus.
<font size="2" face="arial">I stopped by Purple Cactus today to pick up a Kabe and Muftak set ($14.99) and the Max Rebo 2-packs were still there. They are on the far right hand side of the SW display. They only had two of the three sets, but I can't remember which two. BTW, you should have begged harder for that Thrawn as he is now gone...hey, that rhymes
wink.gif

Reaction score
I think Thrawn might still be there, because when my dad said I shouldn't get it, the guy just stuck it behind the register. So he might not have put it back yet. Well, I guess I didn't see the Max Rebo 2-packs because I was only looking at the old POTF2 stuff, and that's toward the left side.
I wonder how often this place gets new things in or buys things from people, cause I want to go there again, but I bought all of the POTF2 figs I didn't have (except the Thrawn).

Do you guys still work on completing your POTF2 collections?

Reaction score
I'm glad that you guys (i like yoda & Billy Ray) were both able to find some cool SW stuff at Purple Cactus. About a week ago, I bought an extra Tie-Fighter Pilot, extra Weequay, & Jabba's Dancers CS. I might go back & buy two more Tie-Fighter Pilots, & maybe even an Imperial Gunner. Last time I was there, the only two Max Rebo sets he had were Max Rebo/Doda & Sy Snootles/Yowzah. It's funny, Max Rebo is still one of my all-time favorite figs.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Force Guy:
I'm glad that you guys (i like yoda & Billy Ray) were both able to find some cool SW stuff at Purple Cactus. About a week ago, I bought an extra Tie-Fighter Pilot, extra Weequay, & Jabba's Dancers CS. I might go back & buy two more Tie-Fighter Pilots, & maybe even an Imperial Gunner. Last time I was there, the only two Max Rebo sets he had were Max Rebo/Doda & Sy Snootles/Yowzah. It's funny, Max Rebo is still one of my all-time favorite figs.
<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, those were the two they had. Thanks again for the tip on this place Forceguy. I amy have to go back and get some figs for custom fodder as their prices are so reasonable.

I like Yoda, my POTF2 collection is pretty complete as far as basic figures go. The only older stuff that I am looking for is TC-14, R2-B1, EU Clone Emperor, and EU Darktrooper. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a complete collection, just a complete collection of the figures I want. I started passing on a lot of sub-par stuff around the time that lightsaber launching R2 came out and I nebver looked back.

Reaction score
I defintely don't have a complete collection either. although I do have 91 figs
grin.gif
. check out my collection here: My Collection and the worth of it

but that's no where near a complete set, as I stopped collecting around the time the flashback and commtech stuff came out. i probably have most of the green carded though. i have only a few freeze frames and I only have a measly 10 red carded. but that can be fixed with a few trips to Purple Cactus.
smile.gif
although I hope they get more stock in soon or buy something red carded from someone because I bought all of the red carded figures that I didn't have.

Force Guy, thanks for recommending this place. How often do they get new stuff on the pegs?

EDIT: If that link didn''t work right and you have to log-in, my name is blink182over311, and my passowrd is dammit

[ 06-09-2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: i like yoda ]

Reaction score
Hey guys. Glad to hear that your finding some good deals on some of the older stuff. The Purple Cactus sounds like a neat store. I will have to stop by there next time I'm over that way.

I haven't seen anything new in the 281 area, except for some Spider Droid deluxe figures. The Targets have no single carded figures on the pegs. Wal-Marts have the older Clonetrooper wave
mad.gif
. So where are the new figures and the Jango deluxe wave? Hopefully we will see them soon.

G

Anyone notice Unleashed Mace Windu at Purple Cactus? Maybe I'll get there this weekend.

Reaction score
Sorry Viper, I didn't see any Unleashed at all at Purple Cactus. I was kind of hoping to find an Unleashed Leia myself
frown.gif
They really don't have a lot of newer SW stuff though, a few Saga figures and that's about it.

Reaction score
Sorry Viper, I didn't see any Unleashed at all at Purple Cactus. I was kind of hoping to find an Unleashed Leia myself
frown.gif
They really don't have a lot of newer SW stuff though, a few Saga figures and that's about it.
<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, I didn't see any unleashed either. Or any newer stuff. I was hoping to pay an outragous price for an Ephant Mon. Do you have an Ephant Mon Billy Ray?

Reaction score
Yup
grin.gif

They were at Targets all over town a few months ago, wish I knew you needed one then. Haven't seen any in quite a while though.

Purple Cactus did have a few Saga figures up in the front, but nothing earth shaking...howling Mace, Typho, Female Tusken, maybe a few others.

BTW, stopped by Target at Westlakes today and they seem to have cleared out their basic figures as well. These Targets have to re-stock soon (don't they?). Let's just hope it is with some minty fresh younglings and Deluxe Jango/Obi-Wans and not more Watto and Han Endor waves
rolleyes.gif

[ 06-10-2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
ARGGHHHH!!! I up and left work to rush out there and they had no younglings left
mad.gif
There were plenty of Library Droids, Red Battle Droids, Yoda High Council, Jango Pilots, Destroyers, and I think one Blonde Imp Officer and one treadmill Padme left though.

Target at Westlakes still had nothing, going to check on Target on SW Military after work.

Thanks for the tip on Bandera, I was going to go out there, you saved me a trip Forceguy. Glad to see these are showing up finally
smile.gif

[ 06-11-2003, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
WWWWWHHHHHHYYYYY!!!!!!!

It just so happens that the day that the day I can't go anywhere is the day new figs show up!!! I still don't even have the mynock chewie/hoth han
wave!!!
mad.gif

Are you willing to sell that Ephant Mon for, say $20, Billy Ray?
grin.gif

[ 06-11-2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: i like yoda ]

Reaction score
WWWWWHHHHHHYYYYY!!!!!!!

It just so happens that the day that the day I can't go anywhere is the day new figs show up!!! I still don't even have the mynock chewie/hoth han
wave!!!
mad.gif

Are you willing to sell that Ephant Mon for, say $20, Billy Ray?
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="arial">I feel your pain Yoda, I was just at that Target (Crossroads) YESTERDAY!!!! Oh well, such is life. At least that means new stuff at Target from now on hopefully
smile.gif

Uhh...Ephant Mon is sadly not for sale dude
wink.gif
I will keep an eye out for one though.

Reaction score
I feel your pain Yoda, I was just at that Target (Crossroads) YESTERDAY!!!! Oh well, such is life. At least that means new stuff at Target from now on hopefully
smile.gif

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="arial">Why is it that I always want stuff from you? First Sacul, now Ephant Mon....hhhmmmm....You got a Saga Teebo or a Saga Eeth Koth?

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Billy Ray:
I feel your pain Yoda, I was just at that Target (Crossroads) YESTERDAY!!!! Oh well, such is life. At least that means new stuff at Target from now on hopefully
smile.gif

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="arial">Why is it that I always want stuff from you? First Sacul, now Ephant Mon....hhhmmmm....You got a Saga Teebo or a Saga Eeth Koth? </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">I have the Saga Eeth Koth (not for sale, sorry again) as I was never able to find the POTJ version. Only have the POTJ Teebo.

Reaction score
I have the Saga Eeth Koth (not for sale, sorry again) as I was never able to find the POTJ version. Only have the POTJ Teebo.
<font size="2" face="arial">I don't like you..
grin.gif

Reaction score
The younglings are here! I found Yoda/Chian, along with the red Battle Droid & blonde Imperial Officer at the Crossroads Super Target. Also, the Super Target at Bandera had remnants of the youngling wave left (one Barriss, blonde Imperial Officer, Treadmill Padme). Anyway, check your local Target!

Reaction score
Do you collect carded or loose, cuz all my stuff is loose anyway (except for Jorg Sacul, Siilver R2, Holo R2, and Theater Luke...wherever the hell he is in my house)

Reaction score
I checked out the Targets in the 281 area for the past 2 days and found nothing.
mad.gif
What is going on with the distribution of figures in the SA Area and where are the new deluxe?
confused.gif

Reaction score
Do you collect carded or loose, cuz all my stuff is loose anyway (except for Jorg Sacul, Siilver R2, Holo R2, and Theater Luke...wherever the hell he is in my house)
<font size="2" face="arial">All carded. Unless I have the money for a figure I really like, then I'll buy a double of it and open it.

Reaction score
I've heard reports that the youngling wave has also made its way through Wal-Marts too (most recently in Houston).

Status
Not open for further replies.