San Antonio TX Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Found the 12" Leia with Carbonite Block and the Forum TRU. They also had the new 12" Geonesain Warrior, Anakin, and Padme. This was around 11:00 am.

Reaction score
Howdy! Good to see another Texan online. I frequent the Austin thread since ... well ... since I live there.

It's good to see when products hit different parts of Texas cuz it usually means that we Austinites should keep our eyes peeled for shipments too.

Good luck in your hunting!
-Kimbote

Reaction score
Hey Tiller, glad to see someone started a new San Antonio thread, as the last one just kind of died. Good find, haven't seen any of those over on this side of town (I live by Sea World). The newest stuff I have found lately is the Deluxe Clonetrooper (Wal-Mart, Bandera & 1604) and Obi Wan acklay Battle and Tyranus Geonosian Escape (TARGET at Westlakes mall).

Reaction score
Almost forgot, also found the TIE Bomber at Wal-Marts at 1604 and Bandera and the one at 151 and 410.

Reaction score
Thanks for making me feel welcome. I agree with you about seeing products hit different parts of Texas. It keeps me from having a huge gas bill. I have also seen the Obi Wan Acklay Battle, Darth Tyranus, and TIE Bomber. I found them at 1604 and Nacogdoches. I have not seen the new collection 2 figures, but I have hear they have hit the San Antonio area.

Reaction score
I saw the of remnants(Teebo and Padme) at the Wal-Mart at 1604 and 10. I didn't get them because the cards were beat up. I was also told by a Wal-Mart employee at the Nacogdoches store that they had gotten them in as well, but I didn't see them on the pegs. I have not heard of any other stores in the SA getting them in.

Have you seen them?

Reaction score
I forget that the ones I saw at the Wal-Mart were today around 8:30 pm. I am not sure if they were returns or what was left of a case. The Nacogdoches store supposedly got them in early part of last week on a Monday or Tuesday. Sorry about the late post, but you know how hard it is to get through the 5 ft snow drifts out there.

Reaction score
LOL, no I haven't seen them at all on this side of town. That's definitely good news that they are finally showing up here though.

Reaction score
I picked up the 12" Death Star Trooper and 12" Dengar today at the Wal-Mart on 1604 at Bandera...$5.00!!! They also had the Imperial Officer and one Death Star Droid for the same price.

Reaction score
I am also from the STARVED Star Wars Capital City of Austin. I am glad to see a San Antonio board as well...since I seem to travel that direction at times to find the items which are so common everywhere but AUSTIN.

Anyway..keep us posted guys.

Reaction score
Wow!!! SA has a post. I love SA, you can actually find new figures on the shelves. What a concept. Too bad things can't be that way here in Austin.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gambler:
I am also from the STARVED Star Wars Capital City of Austin. I am glad to see a San Antonio board as well...since I seem to travel that direction at times to find the items which are so common everywhere but AUSTIN.

Anyway..keep us posted guys.
<font size="2" face="arial">
Originally posted by Hung Solow:
Wow!!! SA has a post. I love SA, you can actually find new figures on the shelves. What a concept. Too bad things can't be that way here in Austin.
<font size="2" face="arial">You guys might want to check your homes for gas leaks, cuz S.A. is the LAST place in TX to get anything new
But seriuosly, I frequent the Austin, Dallas, and Texas (Houston really) threads and it seems like you guys all get new stuff before we do.

Reaction score
I have to agree with Billy Ray. Here is SA it can be hit or miss. We get some stuff in abundance. While other things are extremily hard to find. It does seem though that Austin and SA are the last places to get anything new. Dallas and Houston are good indicators as to what we can expect to get down here.

Reaction score
Nothing new at the Targets or Wal-Marts on this side of town.
Billy Ray have you had any luck on your side?

Reaction score
Only new thing I have seen over here is the 12" Geonosian at the TRU at Ingram

Reaction score
I have always had luck with the Wal-Mart on the 410 loop (North side). Austin has way too many horders, and scalpers. The comic shop here offers $15 cash for new figures, so it makes collecting tuff.

Reaction score
Spotted a whole gang of 12" Leia w/Carbonite Han at the TRU on SW Military today.

Reaction score
Found the new collection 2 (Tusken Raider,Padme, Eeth Koth, Rebel trooper, Teebo) wave.
They were at the Wal-Mart (1604 and 281). Around 1:00pm

Reaction score
This morning at the Super Target at 1604 and Bandera they had a couple figs from Wave 10 (Padme, Tusken, etc.). The only figs there were a Padme on a super trashed card, and a Rebel Fleet Trooper on a minty card. Guess the newest stuff is finally starting to trickle down to us. I already had a whole case of Wave 10 though so those two guys were still there when I left, if anyone wants to run over and grab them.

[ 02-15-2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Forhekset ]

Reaction score
By the way, for anyone who's found the new Tyrannus, where have you found him? I know where you got yours, Billy Ray. Anyone else?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Forhekset:
This morning at the Super Target at 1604 and Bandera they had a couple figs from Wave 10 (Padme, Tusken, etc.). The only figs there were a Padme on a super trashed card, and a Rebel Fleet Trooper on a minty card. Guess the newest stuff is finally starting to trickle down to us. I already had a whole case of Wave 10 though so those two guys were still there when I left, if anyone wants to run over and grab them.
<font size="2" face="arial">Arghhh! I drove right by there TWICE today! LOL, I stopped by the Wal-Mart at 1604 and 281 to see what they had left. Picked up a RFT with the reddish hair and Eeth Koth (which I never found when he was out last time) I checked the Super Target at 1604 and Blanco and they had nothing so I skipped Bandera at 1604
At least these are finally showing up.

Reaction score
Welcome Forhekset and Atom. Glad to hear others are finding things in SA. I found the new Darth Tyranus and Obi Wan Acklay Battle at the Wal-Mart at 1604 and Nacogdoches. That was a couple weeks ago. Hey Billy Ray sorry to hear that there wasn't much left at that Wal-Mart.
Which figures do you still need out of collection 2?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tiller:
Welcome Forhekset and Atom. Glad to hear others are finding things in SA. I found the new Darth Tyranus and Obi Wan Acklay Battle at the Wal-Mart at 1604 and Nacogdoches. That was a couple weeks ago. Hey Billy Ray sorry to hear that there wasn't much left at that Wal-Mart.
Which figures do you still need out of collection 2?
<font size="2" face="arial">Pretty much just Padme and the Tusken, I'm not all that interested in another Teebo (forgot to mention that they had one of him left when I was there today). I'll probably pick up the third RFT if I spot him.

Reaction score
I was able to find Tyranus and Acklay Obi Wan at the Walmart at 1604 and Culebra this past week. I was also able to find the new Padme, Tusken and library droids at the Target at I-10 and De Za Vala this week too.

Reaction score
Hey Billy Ray. I will keep an eye out for those two figures. Nothing new on this side of town.
Anyone find anything new today?

Reaction score
Wal-Mart at 1604 and Bandera had a couple of CT Pilots and one Yoda Jedi Council, that was about it. They were stocking toys, but no SW stuff on the pallets that I saw.

Reaction score
Hrm. I hit the Walmart at 1604 and 281 this morning and the SW selection was the same as it was a week or two ago - three Lott Dods and 1 clean-shaven ERS. I could tell they were the same figs too from the various creases and dents in the cards. I guess the cases of Wave 10 that they'd gotten in were completely cleaned out.

Hey Billy Ray, I have an extra Tusken if you need it. Drop me an email or a PM or something.
By the way, if any of you guys come across an extra Imperial Officer, could you grab him for me?

Reaction score
Wal-Mart at 151 and 410 had a couple of the new Destroyer Droids, a couple CT Pilots, and one of the Trash Compactor sets this morning.

Haven't seen any of the new Imperial Officers, just the RFT.

[ 02-18-2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Billy Ray ]

Reaction score
Hey Forhekset. No problem I will be on the look out for an Imperial Officer. Didn't see anything new at the Wal-Mart at 1604 and 281 or the Target (Airport).

Reaction score
Well, I made an uber-toy run throughout the day today. Walmart at 1604 & 281, as I said before, had the same crappy assortment as always. Couple Lott Dods and an ERS or two. A ton of the Cantina Sets except for Greedo. Target at Bitters/281 had about the same plus some Zams and Geo. Rescue Mace Windus. Walmart at I-10/DeZavala had a TON of Clone Pilots, Destroyer Droids (good if you're an army builder), Jango Fett Pilots, a few Anakin Hangar Duels, and a couple Yoda High Councils. Still had a ton of bombers too, but they were all $28.64. The Target off DeZavala/I-10 had a few Lott Dods and a couple of Wattos, and a single Bespin Luke which I bought. So it's still pretty bland out there.

Reaction score
I found Library droids, Tusken Raider, Padme, Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper at the Target 1604 and Blanco.
First time I have seen anything there in many many months. I hid them in the same area as the Star Wars stuff behind a Teenage Mutant Turtle's Van. They are not in mint codition, but they are not totaly trashed.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Tiller! I flew out there at lunch, quite a trip from Kelly AFB, and scored a Padme, Tusken, and Library Droids. There are still some of each left. I had to pass on the RFT (and it was the second headsculpt too :-( ) and the Imperial Officer. Hopefully they won't be too hard to find again. They also had an Acklay Obi Wan as well, but no Tyranus.

Reaction score
Damn, was just reading the Austin thread and Lama Su, Aayla Secura, and Barris Offee are already showing up there!

Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Ray:
Damn, was just reading the Austin thread and Lama Su, Aayla Secura, and Barris Offee are already showing up there!
<font size="2" face="arial">SA is last as usual.

Reaction score
I just left the Target at the Forum on IH35 and I stashed the last Lama Su, Aayla Secura, and Barris Offee in isle F26 on the rack above the
Fisher Price VW Beetles behind a FP "Loving Family" toy. One Lib. Droids and a few Amidala and Rebs/Imps left on pegs. GS out

Were not always last here:)

I hope one of you local guys gets to them before some C*CKSUC*ER scalper!

Reaction score
Thanks for the hookup Tiller, I raided your stash a little after work and picked up an IO and an extra Padme to open. There's still a Tusken, Fleet Trooper, and the Library Droids left there though if anyone else wants 'em. I stuck what I didn't buy back behind the Ninja Turtles van again.

Good find GS...I'd head over there if it wasn't so far out of my way. Glad to hear that wave has already made it down to SA.

Reaction score
Just being nosy here... I'm in Houston, and it sounds like you guys are finding all the new stuff. A little has shown up here, but not enough to go around
What really hurts is that I used to be stationed at Ft. Sam Houston and I know most of the stores you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.