Saga Toys General Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Discuss all random Saga (2002 - 2004) stuff here in the general discussion thread.

Reaction score
Just got the AOTC Sneak Preview R3-T7, so where is this guy seen in the movie? Thanks.

Reaction score
I'ealwaysused him inanyramdom scene. I believe he's in Echo Base at the moment.

Anyway, I gave a ton of figures to a kid I know, from POTF to (mostly) Saga. He's quite pleased.

Reaction score
I actually started collecting SW action figures during this line. At the time when these were released, there were still tons of Ep1 figures out and POTJ figures as well on clearance from local TRU, and I swiped them all up at about 3 bucks a piece. Man, I was in collecting heaven. I have a great appreciateion for this series of figures. And I recently completed this set of figures from all 3 series'.

Thanks Saga 02-04!

Reaction score
Reaction score
I actually still have the Gunship, Obi Wan's jedi star fighter and Jango Fett's slave 1 still sealed in the box.

Reaction score
I just picked up a loose Chancellor Palpatine today for $3. It's salt shaker-y, to be sure, but the sculpt isn't a bad look at all for ten years ago and I like the look of the robes (oh, and the steepled/folded hands are a nice touch). All-in-all, I'm pretty happy.

Reaction score
I'm sure this is probably OLD NEWS..... or maybe no one really noticed before or cared. Has anone else noticed that the Biker Scout packed in the Endor Victory set is assembled backwards at the waist/groin area?? If you look at THIS photo, you can see it clearly. Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive

The figure on the RIGHT is the pack in. I remember sending a couple figures to Hasbro, for replacement. Of course the didn't have Biker Scouts, so I think I got a Snowtrooper and an AT AT driver or something in return.

Reaction score
How are everyones Ephant Mon cards holding up? I looked at one of mine the other day and the card back is litteraly splitting in two. I thing the figure weighs to much for the card and if not stored properly begins to seperate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How are everyones Ephant Mon cards holding up? I looked at one of mine the other day and the card back is litteraly splitting in two. I thing the figure weighs to much for the card and if not stored properly begins to seperate.
Don't have one carded, my only one is in Jabba's Palace display

GNT

Reaction score
Mine was holding up well but opened him up about a month ago. :p

Reaction score
I think the humidity level of the region you live in might have an effect on that. Since moisture dissolves cardboard, the more humid climates will cause cardboard to break down faster, especially under lots of stress.

I opened my Ephant Mon when I first got him back in 2002. I've always toyed around with the idea of buying another one to keep carded, but it's just one of the worst Star Wars card designs ever made, so it's hard to get excited about buying a second figure.

Reaction score
I have a loose Toy Fair Vader and the paint is rather tacky. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I considered this may be a custom but he has the blue cape/skirt and the metallic red paint.

If this is a real TF Vader, is there anything that can be done about the tackiness?

Reaction score
Greetings everyone: I lost the rulebook for the Geonosis Battle Arena bonus roleplaying game (Rebelscum.com shows all the parts here: Rebelscum.com: Photo Archive). It's no longer made and I'm hoping someone might have a scanned copy of it so I can play it with my children. I spent hours searching the house and online. I simply cannot find it anywhere! :\ Can you help? I do have the Advanced guide and would be willing to share it if you need it. Thanks.

Reaction score
Kinda cool to learn something new about AOTC. Thanks for that tidbit, Lt. Brenn! :D

Reaction score
I have a loose Toy Fair Vader and the paint is rather tacky. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I considered this may be a custom but he has the blue cape/skirt and the metallic red paint.

If this is a real TF Vader, is there anything that can be done about the tackiness?
I can't believe you opened your Vader.Was the light saber broken above the bubble? I 've heard that most of them were damaged in shipping to the convention and had to be glued back together. If it has a small crack in it then it was one of the damaged ones,but it's still a pretty tough piece to find.

Reaction score
I can't believe you opened your Vader.Was the light saber broken above the bubble? I 've heard that most of them were damaged in shipping to the convention and had to be glued back together. If it has a small crack in it then it was one of the damaged ones,but it's still a pretty tough piece to find.
He never said that he opened it. Even if he did, what's wrong it? Maybe he is a loose collector like me and many others here :p

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with opening figures,I mean they're toys and should be played with.Collecting is a hobby and done for the fun of it,not a business.I know some people do some cool dio's with loose figures.I personally like to keep my collection carded,because after 20 of the same Luke,I can't tell which line he came from.And after re-reading the post,yes there was no mention of opening the Vader.I just have only heard of 1 person actually opening a ToyFair Vader,not saying that SidDarth opened theirs.So,sorry to SidDarth and any other openers out there in the community.

Reaction score
Just a random thought I had after thinking about it, but wasn't the AOTC C-3PO with the paper insert backdrop some rare find back in the day? I remember seeing a couple and wondering what the heck?

GNT

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the hilt of this Qui-gon Jinn metallic or plastic?
I think by then it was plastic.

Just a random thought I had after thinking about it, but wasn't the AOTC C-3PO with the paper insert backdrop some rare find back in the day? I remember seeing a couple and wondering what the heck?
The paper insert only came with the first batch of figures that were made, I wouldn't say it's worth anything these days.

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum but have been collecting for awhile. I recently found a 12 inch Han Solo from the Saga collection (2003) in a Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard box. I haven't been able to find anything about this. Anyone know anything?

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread...in the 52 pages...for just MOMAW NADON. But I found mine today while cleaning out old crates for donation fodder:
I remember when I got him I bought him for the Cantina pieces, but was really disappointed in him. I really prefer the original Hammerhead. Anyone else feel the same?
#starwars hammerheads by SacredKnightOfTomorrow, on Flickr

JVM

Reaction score
Just got Princess Leia - Imperial Captive, a long overdue purchase, based on the POTF2 figure, and it's incredibly rubbery. I'm constantly afraid of breaking it. Are all issues like this or just the 2002 SAGA version?

@SacredKnight: That's the only version of Nadon I have and I've only recently found the interest to consider buying the other ones... it's definitely the most boring version. Looks like he's in a swimsuit lol

Reaction score
Where can I find a Star Case for the deluxe figures from the line?

Reaction score
I gotta say, Ephont Mon is really cool looking...... btw do the 12 inch figures like the 12 Kaybee Gammie fit in this thread?

Reaction score
So, I was organizing some things, and pulled out Pilot Obi-Wan, and noticed that he had some black staining on him. I thought it might've just been the robe rubbing on the figure, but, then I noticed, his magnet was gone. Considering he's been in a coffin case, it's not like it would've been lost, but, no magnet in there, and the black stuff came off like dust as well. Is it a common thing for the magnets on these figures to disintegrate, or did I have some kind of weird fluke occurrence on a figure?

Reaction score
I've also noticed deteriorated magnets, not completely disintegrated mind you, but metal dust around the location of the deteriorated magnet.

GNT

Reaction score
I've also noticed deteriorated magnets, not completely disintegrated mind you, but metal dust around the location of the deteriorated magnet.
I know I had at least one figure where the magnet deteriorated completely but wasn't overly bothered since I have a better version in the collection since.

Reaction score
I picked up a Empire Strikes Back Luke's X-Wing with R2-D2. I Iove the fact that R2-D2 is removable. I want to get a Red Squadron display going.

Reaction score
What are the chances that Hasbro will re-introduce/reissue the Acklay, Reek and/or Nexu?

Reaction score
how hard is it to find the hatch to the 2002 tie bomber? i just found one cheap but its missing the ****pit cover and i want to know before i buy it