Saga Legends Multipacks

Reaction score
As per Jedi News, 24 SL figures will be repacked in 6 4-packs to support the digital release of the six existing SW movies, similar to the Blu-Ray sets from a few years back. The as-of-yet unreleased in the US Darth Maul figure will be in the Phantom Menace set: SL 4-Packs at Jedi News

(...and TFA stuff will be released September 4!)

Reaction score
As per Jedi News, 24 SL figures will be repacked in 6 4-packs to support the digital release of the six existing SW movies, similar to the Blu-Ray sets from a few years back. The as-of-yet unreleased in the US Darth Maul figure will be in the Phantom Menace set: SL 4-Packs at Jedi News

I see there also an Episode I Obi Wan Kenobi. That is news....I guess. :)

Reaction score
I hope that Episode I Obi-Wan that is shown is just a placeholder and a new 5POA sculpt is coming. I would probably buy the Episode I set just for a decent padawan Kenobi.

Reaction score

Good idea. Not something I'll be buying but good idea nonetheless. Now how about that Clone wars and Rebels box sets?

Reaction score
I hope that Episode I Obi-Wan that is shown is just a placeholder and a new 5POA sculpt is coming. I would probably buy the Episode I set just for a decent padawan Kenobi.

I hope you are right but I feel like all these 4 packs will be filled with previously released figures.

Reaction score
They should use this one:

Duel_On_Naboo_Hasbro_Star_Wars_Battle_Pack-01.jpg

That headsculpt is superior.

JVM

Reaction score
That headsculpt is superior.
Absolutelly agreed. That version works perfectly with vintage ones. Maybe they should try to fix the swivel neck and it will work.

Reminds me a lot of the head scuplt on the light-up lightsaber Obi-Wan, right down to the way the hair is placed... and I can't lie, I kind of like the light-up Obi-Wan head better than the TVC one.

Reaction score
Is there really a need for that, wouldn't anyone who wanted them already have them? Seems like another waste of resources to repack all those figures, especially since the focus should be on TFA.

GNT

Reaction score
While I love the artwork, I wish they'd come up with something original as that was previously used for the TAC coin album. Cheap reissues to keep the figures on the shelves and make some profit. I'll pass but good for people wanting them.

Reaction score
Is there really a need for that, wouldn't anyone who wanted them already have them? Seems like another waste of resources to repack all those figures, especially since the focus should be on TFA.

Good lord sir. You seem to constantly forget (or willfully ignore that fact) that there are constantly new 5 year-olds cycling onto the planet. These is not for ancient neckbeards. It's for children.

While I love the artwork, I wish they'd come up with something original as that was previously used for the TAC coin album. Cheap reissues to keep the figures on the shelves and make some profit. I'll pass but good for people wanting them.

The image states the artwork is a placeholder and that new art will be commissioned.

Reaction score
I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that ALL the ep.1-6 figures will be repacks.
I dare you to make me a liar Hasbro.

Reaction score
I'd probably be down for the epside iv pack. I sold my chewie, used Han for my custom Han stormtrooper. I kinda want them back in their original form. Threepio I can sell again as I already have him and who couldn't use another stormtrooper.

Reaction score

Repacking figures is the least wasteful of resources. All the molds already exist. Box art is cheap. Making tvc episode 1 figures and large x-wing and falcon toys that don't sell are a waste of resources. Every figure shown here has sold.

Reaction score
These sets look ok to me. I would think that they should sell well if they are priced at $19.99 per set.

GNT

Reaction score
Repacking figures is the least wasteful of resources. All the molds already exist. Box art is cheap. Making tvc episode 1 figures and large x-wing and falcon toys that don't sell are a waste of resources. Every figure shown here has sold.

It's just cheap figures to re-release and still make a profit from, it's up to you if you buy them or not but they'll eventually move.

JVM

Reaction score
Kind of hoping they repaint the Ep5 Boba Fett to match ROTJ before they release it, if it's going to be in that box. I've always been more fond of the ROTJ color scheme.

Reaction score
So weird the set doesn't come with any female figures, two main characters who are badly cropped from the original TAC box artwork no less: Padmé and Leia.
I would have decided on only one Kenobi (ROTS is a good choice), given the TPM slot to Qui-Gon Jinn instead and packed in Padmé and Leia instead of Bossk and IG-88, who, while interesting designs are not essential to the Saga at all. Lando is also missing, but then again so is Dooku or Jar Jar, the latter would more likely sell with kids.

GNT

Reaction score
So weird the set doesn't come with any female figures, two main characters who are badly cropped from the original TAC box artwork no less: Padmé and Leia.
I would have decided on only one Kenobi (ROTS is a good choice), given the TPM slot to Qui-Gon Jinn instead and packed in Padmé and Leia instead of Bossk and IG-88, who, while interesting designs are not essential to the Saga at all. Lando is also missing, but then again so is Dooku or Jar Jar, the latter would more likely sell with kids.

The point of these sets is to re-release the figures they've already made into cheap and easy to sell packs with little to no effort gone into them.

Hasbro hasn't made a Padme, Lando, Dooku and Jar Jar in the Saga Legends line so they wouldn't be included in any of these sets. They've made Qui-Gon in the past and a ANH Leia is coming in the 2 packs, maybe her figure mold was being tied up with that release so couldn't be used here.

Overall the selection is what I'd expect from Hasbro :)

Reaction score
Good lord sir. You seem to constantly forget (or willfully ignore that fact) that there are constantly new 5 year-olds cycling onto the planet. These is not for ancient neckbeards. It's for children.
True, but I've noticed that they don't buy SW as much as they used too. And these unsold repacks don't do much to help the line, in terms of sales. Hasbro is hurting it seems, and while this may be cheaper than SA figures. There are still plenty of unmade characters to get through! Especially when most of these are available on secondary market. And before someone throws it out there, that kids don't buy online. Most of everything these days have to be bought online, as retail hardly ever gets them in.

It doesn't bother me, because I wont be buying it. And that's the bigger problem. The less "we" buy, hurts the line.

Reaction score
Spotted these at retail - I wonder if they found overstock or something, surely these weren't reissued, right?

Reaction score
i don't know it it'd been funny or sad if target said to Hasbro.."Look, we had ESB40th banners in our toys isles most of 2020, yet you provided nothing but 6" repacks. Do you have any thing in the 3.75" scale we can offer to our customers?"
Hasbro.." oh, as a matter of fact, we just found a warehouse stock of these 3.75" ESB sets, are you interested?...AWESOME, we'll send 'm out right away"
Is it a coinsidence that Target has the ESB commemorative set this year, yet no other set? Hmmmmmm.......

Reaction score
I don't know if its funny or sad, but its reality now...this has an updated date stamp, so it was produced again! I'll bet Target asked for more 3.75 representation, and this is what Hasbro offered. I like 5 POA, but this didn't need another release.

Reaction score
Considering those were some of the worst offerings from 5POA I agree!
At least that version of Luke and Vader were, the other two are decent if you're really into the line.