Saga Legends - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yep, I never ever did see Darth Sidious TCW in retail. Luckily I picked him up on eBay just because I was a completist and never found him at retail and wanted him for my collection. Not too longer later, we began to realize that he was 'super rare'. I kind of wished that I had got him carded now. :D

Still, he is an awful figure, likely one of the worst of the TCW line. At a time of excellent articulation, he is pretty much a statue with stick figure torso, arms, and legs. His only saving grace is an excellent head sculpt that is concealed by his nearly impossible to remove hood. A lot of us dismissed this figure, expecting him to be either repacked, or more likely outright replaced with a superior TCW sculpt. Neither happened and now this terrible figure is valuable. Ha. Go figure.

Reaction score
TCW Sidious is a strange case of a figure that looks better carded than loose.

I gave him a POTF2 cane, It's an improvement, but still looks a little lame.

He only looks good with the cane next to the Rebels Vader, so basically he's a glorified accessory.

Reaction score
From the Q&A's from Hascon it sounds like Hasbro sees the rebels line as being finished. I figured we'd see at least some 2-packs.

Reaction score
From the Q&A's from Hascon it sounds like Hasbro sees the rebels line as being finished. I figured we'd see at least some 2-packs.

well that's bad news indeed... but I guess from both Hasbro and Disney's point of view and being the last season of the show they'd want to focus more on TLJ and upcoming Han Solo movie and whatever the next animated series would be. still there are so many characters from both Rebels and Clone Wars that deserve to be made into figures. maybe Hasbro will sprinkle in some realistic looking Rebels figures in the future to keep the fans interested.

Reaction score
A realistic Chopper would be a win for me, & I don't even collect the rebels stuff. (although I seem to have acquired a few things as time goes on)

Reaction score
well that's bad news indeed... but I guess from both Hasbro and Disney's point of view and being the last season of the show they'd want to focus more on TLJ and upcoming Han Solo movie and whatever the next animated series would be. still there are so many characters from both Rebels and Clone Wars that deserve to be made into figures. maybe Hasbro will sprinkle in some realistic looking Rebels figures in the future to keep the fans interested.
Sounds like a sh*t plan on their part, especially considering they know (based on their own research) kids prefer animated figures when the characters come from cartoons. A couple years from now I doubt the demand will be higher for Rebels, it will probably fade, though the interest in CW characters remains strong, while Hasbro has neglected that era for years.

Reaction score
I'm sure they will, that would definitely be a smack in the face to Collectors if not. I think it just boils down to them not wanting to invest anymore time and energy into something that is ending. Face it rebels line hasn't exactly been that good compared to how TCW was early on.

With 6'' they only need 3 more characters. With the 4" basic line, people would expect new characters from current season as well as some older ones.
Its a PITA for them for something going away this year.

I just hope the TVC/TBS/SA line gets a few of them, Bo-Katan for starters!

Reaction score
I'm tempted to buy that Chopper, now that we know Rebels figures are on hold unto Hasbro feels like making them again. Cheapest I've seen it is $20 shipped though - is there a way to order these outside that app? I downloaded it months ago, and it never worked for me...

Reaction score
Sounds like a sh*t plan on their part, especially considering they know (based on their own research) kids prefer animated figures when the characters come from cartoons. A couple years from now I doubt the demand will be higher for Rebels, it will probably fade, though the interest in CW characters remains strong, while Hasbro has neglected that era for years.
The Hasbro guys seemed to indicate that they would take a wait and see approach with Rebels in the future. They kept saying something to the extent that it hasn't reached classic stage yet. Who knows, now that E IX has been pushed bacl to Dec. 2019, they'll have a bigger than usual (Disney era) gap, so who knows how it will be filled.

Reaction score
I don't think Hasbro will completely abandon making figures from Rebels or even the Clone Wars for that matter... I just think that they will be slim pickings of characters spliced here and there throughout the future waves of figures and they may be updated to be "realistic" instead of "animated" versions of the characters like the 6" series of rebels and the black series 3.75" Captain Rex. I wouldn't be surprised if with the return of the Vintage Line that we see "realistic" rebels figures of characters like Hera, Kanan, Sabine, Ezra and maybe even Zeb get a Vintage carded release

Reaction score
The Hasbro guys seemed to indicate that they would take a wait and see approach with Rebels in the future. They kept saying something to the extent that it hasn't reached classic stage yet. Who knows, now that E IX has been pushed bacl to Dec. 2019, they'll have a bigger than usual (Disney era) gap, so who knows how it will be filled.

The thing with the Hasbro guys is that we don't know when its PR BS or when they sincerely plan on continuing. They were asked about the Titanium ship line at one con, and they said it would continue this year - at the most recent con they said its come to an end. I have little faith, because they've largely abandoned CW though its maintained high demand - higher than Rebels most likely. At the very least, they should make good on their statement that Fenn Rau will be released in 2018, since it never made it to retail.

JVM

Reaction score
I'm disappointed but not surprised by Hasbro dropping the ball on Rebels. They produced next to nothing for the third season after all, only Thrawn, so the writing was on the wall. think we'll gradually see new Rebels figures slotted into the Vintage Collection and TBS, probably. I was really hoping we'd see a reissued or newly sculpted Kallus before the line died out though. The Fifth Brother could also use a reissue. Don't imagine I'll ever see my Minister Tua figure though :(

Reaction score
It is odd how Hasbro can't make any money on a well received TV series such as Rebels. Its Star Wars after all. I'm pretty close to calling myself an ex-collector as I have not really bought anything in the past year as a collector. More than that, I don't see anything on the horizon that I think that I will buy, plus I don't see any direction that would lead me to believe that I should be hopeful for anything good as well.

The 6" collection is nice but I'm not about to jump into the $20/figure hobby with a completest attitude. Just too much cost to enter that realm of the hobby.

Reaction score
Yeah, its likely that future Rebels characters will probably be seen in the 6 inch line (which I don't collect either) before any 3.75 line. Anything that does make it into the TVC line will likely be a rehashed main character, nothing new that fans have been waiting for. They may for example shrink the 6 inch Kanan and put it in TVC - will that excite fans? Not me. If they gave us a Season 3 Kanan in TVC, that would be more interesting, but I far prefer the animated sculpts for cartoon characters...

Reaction score
Rebels didn't have a ton of side characters and the main characters stayed in basically the same gear the whole show, with the occasional imperial helmet. All I really want from the series is realistic Ghost Crew and key Imperials in the 3.75 category. Don't care if they are 5POA or SA.

Reaction score
I'm so bummed nothing more seems to be happening with this line. I keep hoping the Solo-centric waves might work in a character or two. I'd love a fourth season Ezra, Sabine, and Kanan at least to have those updated looks. Let alone a nice Ghost ship (never happening, I know) and a few important side characters we never got to. Hondo. A new Kallus. Etc.

Reaction score
Yeah, it is sad. Even though I'm not big on 5POA, I get more excited over seeing these figures than anything from the new movies. They went on hiatus to focus on TLJ, but then there's Han Solo after that. And a new movie every year after that. So I'm getting the impression they will never return. And TBH, I don't feel new versions of main characters are going to do much for the line.

Reaction score
Not unlike TCW, Hasbro quit making a sustaining number of figures for Rebels about halfway through it run. Hasbro stopped the TCW flow around season 3 of 5 and after that it was just a trickle of figures. Rebels, pretty much began to dry up after season 1 and that was even with a weak start.

I never did see Rebel Thrawn or Fen Rau. never will I guess.

Reaction score
I was just thinking that it's too bad there isn't a non Helmeted version of Kallus, put his head on a Derlin body might get you his new look.
Hasbro isn't going to make him...

Reaction score
Not unlike TCW, Hasbro quit making a sustaining number of figures for Rebels about halfway through it run. Hasbro stopped the TCW flow around season 3 of 5 and after that it was just a trickle of figures. Rebels, pretty much began to dry up after season 1 and that was even with a weak start.

I never did see Rebel Thrawn or Fen Rau. never will I guess.
Fenn Rau is $13.00 on Amazon at the moment.

Reaction score
I'd love to get a figure of Kanan's new look... plus we still need a figure of him with his blinded eyes and mask from last season.

I'd love to see a realistic 3.75"line of SA Rebels but I don't see that happening with the show ending this season.

plus I still want an Agent Kallus figure without his helmet as well as a Kallus figure in his new Rebel look from this season

Reaction score
Hasbro put a fair number of the Ghost crew out in the 6" Realistic Line. (Sabine, Ashoka, Hera, Kanan, ....) Funny that Ezra never got the 6" figure and it is supposed to the central character.

Reaction score
The 6" line isn't over though, so there's still time for him. Not that I care. I'd have rather seen a 6" Zeb figure!

We could possibly see Kanan in TVC, it was hinted that they might release Rebels characters there in the future. I'd rather have those, than reissue #94 of Rey or Jyn..

Reaction score
The 6" line isn't over though, so there's still time for him. Not that I care. I'd have rather seen a 6" Zeb figure!

We could possibly see Kanan in TVC, it was hinted that they might release Rebels characters there in the future. I'd rather have those, than reissue #94 of Rey or Jyn..
I'd like to see the Rebels crew in a realistic style I'm the VC. I've got that Disney Droid Factory Chopper that could use some company.

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Rebels crew in a realistic style I'm the VC. I've got that Disney Droid Factory Chopper that could use some company.

I agree 100% HothHan... I'd love to see realistic SA versions of the Rebels on Vintage Cards. that would be cool

Reaction score
I agree to that some TVC rebels would be great. But Hasbro is going to botch the TVC line and I'd rather not get my hopes up.

Reaction score
I wasn't collecting the animated characters during the Rebels run. Now I wish that I hadn't missed them. Who thinks Rebels or even Clone Wars characters will get released again?

Reaction score
I was lucky and pretty much just concentrated on the Animated TCW figures. So I pretty much have them all. No regrets, they were exactly what I wanted them to be. I did pick up many TVC, TLC, and other realistic figures, but there were just too many of them at the time to try to collect them all. So I just got the ones I liked (many) and left my 'completist' OCD to just the TCW line.

I long since resigned myself to the realization that Hasbro will never make those Animated figures again, at least not as a line. We may find TCW Ahsoka, Rex or some TCW Jedi find their way into future TBS-like lines. But they will be "realistic' in depiction and not the cartoonish form that we would recognize. The animated Rebels and TCW lines are dead and won't come back ever. Heck, even when those shows were on the air, Hasbro left the pegs pretty much empty. If they can't have any effort when the respective show is actually on the air, then there is no reason to expect that they would make the effort for a show that is long dead.

That point also brings up the 'nail in the coffin' about older properties being made in the future. Since Star Wars is no longer 'dormant', there are always going to be new movies and TV shows to make toys for. So also as long as Hasbro has Qr'a, Young Han, Pando Callrisian, and Stormtrooper flavor of the day to make, you won't see them digging into the archives for figures to make, like they did prior to TFA.

So, in my Opinion, if you like Animated SW figures (and they are great), look on the used market, there is plenty to collect to keep you occupied for a while.

Reaction score
I wasn't collecting the animated characters during the Rebels run. Now I wish that I hadn't missed them. Who thinks Rebels or even Clone Wars characters will get released again?
hard to say... I think the chances of getting a full line of Rebels figures re-released is slim (maybe just a few of the main characters but the rest is highly unlikely.) same goes for Clone Wars... I think we'll eventually see "updated" versions of the heroes like Anakin, Obi Wan, Ahsoka, Rex etc... but no where as near the amount we saw back in the original run