Saesee Tiin - CW54

GNT

Reaction score
Status - Rumored

Saesee Tiin has popped up on Curto's rumoured list (via twitter) so thought it was time to get the ball rolling on this one.

Chances are extremely good since he is a Jedi (big plus) and a well known existing character who has popped up throughout the years. It was only a matter of time before he gets released.

If he gets made who's going to be picking him up? Thoughts?

Reaction score
Re: Saesee Tiin

The amount of times they rereleased him in the realistic line shows Hasbro like him, so yeah, safe to assume he's on the way. I'd buy him. Just hope he sees action in the show.

Reaction score

Meh. I'm excited to see him in the show but I'm sick of seeing him on the pegs!

Reaction score

Master Tiin looks great in the show, it is possible adi gallia and Obi Wan without arnor will be release.

GNT

Reaction score
Entertainment Earth have Saesee Tinn listed as the 54th figure in the Clone Wars line. No pictures yet.

Reaction score
Now we just need an episode or 3 part ARC featuring him so that kids won't leaving him clogging the pegs. The only action I've seen Tin in was the CW:Microseries. He was a Bull-Like bUtt kicking warrior. So far in TCW, he's been a gentle sheep like tertiary character.

I really want to see him 'wake up'.

Reaction score
First question: Where's his face? I mean, I know it's behind that mask, but I'd like to see the likeness - which I suppose will be revealed at Comic-Con.

Second question: What's that thing on his back, a glider? Maybe some spare parts for his starfighter?

Reaction score
Looks like a glider - I think its great that he is coming with these bonus accessories! I'm wondering though, since the Legends Saesee didnt do so well, if they are trying to really set this one apart from that release?

Reaction score
This is a definite buy for me. This Tinn figure looks a lot better than the ROTS/SL Saesee Tinn back in 2009 (which was over stocked where I live) IMO.

Reaction score
Well,the mask was used in his Microseries appearance. So its pretty cool to see it again. I think that he was a SL peg warmer since he really had no role in the movies, aside from getting chopped by Palpy.

If get gets a Prominent role in a The Clone Wars episode, then he should sell like every other Jedi so far. I think that we just have bad memories of him and Plo Koon choking the pegs last year or two.

Reaction score
Denal_Rox said:
Why does he have a blue lightsaber???
Tinn is not supposed to have a blue lightsaber. I think this is just a preliminary image of the figure, and may be subject to change. The lightsaber may be changed into the correct green at a later date. I hope this helps.

Reaction score
darth_sidious said:
I'm wondering though, since the Legends Saesee didnt do so well, if they are trying to really set this one apart from that release?
To be fair though, that was his 3rd or 4th release. Most people had him by that point. Between ROTS, Battlepack, TAC and SL, most people didn't need him and he's not like a clone that you can army build. Similar issue with Plo Koon.

GNT

Reaction score
Trashing the helmet and glider part, Saesee will make a fine addition to the rest of the Jedi in the collection.

Reaction score
Denal_Rox said:
Why does he have a blue lightsaber???
So you can swap it with the green one Hasbro keeps giving ROTS Agen Kolar
(I know, the hilts don't match)

Could be it's to counter the green of the glider... could be it's a bluish-green, and the blowout these images get to make some colors or contrast 'pop' just eliminated all the green in the blade... could be Hasbro made a mistake that they'll fix (like the Saga Legends Spacetrooper)... could be Hasbro made a mistake that they WON'T fix (like Bespin Han's blaster [/brokenrecord])

Reaction score
GNT said:
Status - Rumored

Saesee Tiin has popped up on Curto's rumoured list (via twitter) so thought it was time to get the ball rolling on this one.

Chances are extremely good since he is a Jedi (big plus) and a well known existing character who has popped up throughout the years. It was only a matter of time before he gets released.

If he gets made who's going to be picking him up? Thoughts?
Just saw the Jedi Insider pic. The mask is familiar, of course, but I'm totally digging the cloth skirt! Don't know what that green thing is attached to his back ... I'm guessing it's a glider/wings/some sort of flying contraption. Doesn't really matter ... I'm definitely down for one o' these!

Reaction score
This guy looks fantastic! Really would like to see an image of his face

Reaction score
I think the glider's upside down. figure looks great, I just hope we get to see him going EV in the show. That scene is probably my favorite from the micro series.

Reaction score
We got Yoda,Mace,Ki Adi, Saesee, Plo, Fisto, Shaak,Eeth, Even, Obi Wan, now we need Adi Gallia & Coleman Kcaj or Oppo Rancisis to complete de jedi master of the council.

Reaction score
RhyYees said:
First question: Where's his face? I mean, I know it's behind that mask, but I'd like to see the likeness - which I suppose will be revealed at Comic-Con.

Second question: What's that thing on his back, a glider? Maybe some spare parts for his starfighter?
It looks like a Lego backpack to me. I also would like to see his face.

Reaction score
Great that they kept a bit of his CW micro-series look. I never picked up the 2008 Legacy battle armor figure.

As for the glider/rocket pack, looks okay and kinda cool really with the whole aerial theme since he was one of the best Jedi pilots around anyway.
But wasn't his Starfighter orange?

Reaction score
Yeah it's all messed up, in the older CW-Micro Series Season 2, during one of the episodes towards the end(I think it was the episode where Grevious captures the Chancellor, but I'm not 100% sure, anyways.......) he flew a green ETA Starfighter side-by-side with Mace flying his purple one (for those that don't care for technical names, the ETA style are the same kind of starfighters that Obi-Wan & Anakin had in ROTS). If you have the CW-Micro Series Season 2 DVD, go to the Extras option where it shows all the drawings for several characters, ships, etc, you'll see it in full detail & it's literally the exact same ship that was the green-trimmed ship that Anakin flew to Mustafar (which was later sold as a TRU Exclusive with an Anakin figure pilot)

That's what I figured the reasoning was behind the fact that he flew a green Delta 7 Starfighterin that Citadel rescue episode. (again for those that don't know/care, Delta 7 are the pointy, triangle style that Obi-Wan flew in AOTC. They're basically the predecessor to the ETA style seen in ROTS)

That would have made perfect sense........... WOULD have. But then I thought about the "Saesee Tin Delta-7 Starfighter" that Hasbro made just a few years ago-------yellow & orange and nothing EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to the Delta-7 he was flying in that Citadel episode. WTF? Man oh man........talk about mucking things up.

But wait a sec.........this all leads me to yet an even further confusing question----The Delta-7's from the CW-Micro Series Season 1 & the ones from AOTC(and the ones Hasbro originally made) had the droid socket on the side(on the wing area). The ones in the current CW tv series have the droid directly in front of the pilot-----so are these even considered Delta-7's r are these a totally dirrent ship altogether, throwing yet another monkey wrench into everything?

Reaction score
The ship that I linked to above is a Delta-7B (new CW series), its a new class that replaced the Delta-7 (old CW series / AOTC). So yes, he has / had 3 different ships, including a ETA-2 near the end of the Clone Wars / beginning of ROTS.

Reaction score
I was d-r-e-a-d-i-n-g this after the pegwarming monster that was the SL Saessee Tiin, but I actually LOVE this one!
It's definitely heavy on the flashyness, but that will help it sell. To be honest, i looks to me like a cross between a Transformer and a 2005 Force Battler, and I kinda like that feel.

Reaction score
I'm sure the reason he's packed with all that junk on his back and the mask is in the hopes he'll be appealing enough to kids to avoid peg warming like his SL brother did. It's probably going to work too, so nice job Hasbro.

Reaction score
darth_sidious said:
The ship that I linked to above is a Delta-7B (new CW series), its a new class that replaced the Delta-7 (old CW series / AOTC). So yes, he has / had 3 different ships, including a ETA-2 near the end of the Clone Wars / beginning of ROTS.
You are correct about the three starfighters. In the first episode of the old microseries, he was piloting an orange Delta 7 starfighter. In Citadel arc, he was piloting a Delta 7B, with the droid directly in front of the cockpit. In the final episodes of the microseries, he flew a green interceptor.

However, Tiin had one more ship to speak of that was not a starfighter: his pre-Clone Wars personal fighter, the Sharp Spiral. That would be pretty sweet to see as a toy. Anyway, this figure looks cool, will probably buy him, blah-blah.

Reaction score
darth_sidious said:
Shoulda figured as much. Ugh. It never ends does it. The droid moves over half a foot & it's "new" ship. And now he has a 4th too? Greeeeeaaaat.

This is one of the reasons that some folks like some of the EU, but despise some other parts of it. I hate the arguement that you either have to believe in all of it or non of it (meaning EU).

For example, I love the cartoon, but I'm certainly not buying half a dozen ships I already own just cause they moved a droid over a few inches .
And that other ship, "The cherished personal starfighter of Jedi Master Saesee Tin" (to quote it verbatim)? That ship I'd flush down the toilet. 4 years from now when Hasbro starts running outta stuff to repaint/redo/re-adjust/re-whatever, that's most likely the crap they're gonna start making. Ugh.