Sacramento, CA area reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ok just got back from KB at Galleria, Noon, and they had several each of the new figs, lott dod, teemto, ki adi, padme, maul, jango pilot, but no clone pilots. I thought i hit the jackpot, becausre they have three cases on the floor near the registers. The pegs are full so if you go ask about the cases. Also TRU in roseville had the same figures. NO pilots of course. I am wondering if they had them though, i can tell these figures had been there a day or so. I must have missed them because i hit TRU about 4 days ago.

Reaction score
Yeah, Sixth, they probably had them. I think both scalpers and collectors are taking multiples of the clone pilots so they're just tough to find right now.

TRU Greenback no longer had any Arena playsets but did still have 2 gunships as of this afternoon. They're on the top shelf near the SW section. Also, they had a couple of the new 12" Electronic Jangos and Obi- Wans as well as the AT-TE Action Fleet vehicle.

Anyone seen the new deluxe figures around as of late? I have yet to find them in any stores. Also, keep your eyes and ears open for any info on the Silver Anniv. R2 TRU is supposed to be giving away soon. I've been reading that they're supposed to be getting those in in a week or so. I don't know exactly when they'll be giving them out though.

Reaction score
Bob I think the official word on the silver r2 is either spend 25 or 20 bucks on anything SW and the little bugger is yours. Sucks cause I alraedy have the playset, two gunships. If they have it when EP 2 comes out on dvd I will buy it there. Otherwise I wont be able to wait.

Hey speacking of Ep2, anyone going to Imax on Nov 1st? I checked out the web site imax.com and they seel tickets there. I think I am going to buy mine online tomorrow, I just want to make sure I can drag my wife along.

As for the delux I would check those targets and kmarts, bob. I scored my clone speeders at the kmart in auburn. Good luck. I make trips almost daily it seems so, if I see a clone speeder I will hide one for ya.

G

Just thought I let everyone know that Wal-Mart in Folsom and rancho cordova have cleared out the old stock of figs and made room for new ones, time to keep eyes open for the pilot wave.

Reaction score
Thanks Sixth, please hide a deluxe clonetrooper for me if ya see it.

Yeah, my buddy and I are going to try and see AOTC at the Imax on the 1st. Probably try the first show. I just realized, if anyone has a 2002 Entertainment book there's a coupon in there for 2 for 1 tix at the Imax which happens to expire on Nov. 2 so I may be heading downtown today to try and snag a couple tickets with it.

Reaction score
Forget AOTC at the Imax. That theater has lost one customer for life. After driving all the way down there today and paying for parking, I was told at the box office that the Entertainment Guide coupon was not good for AOTC. The coupon says "valid anytime" and only says in small print that it is not valid on holidays. F them! I walked away disgusted at their arbitrary rules, I mean if I didn't have the coupon I would have just bought tix online and been happy, but instead, after wasting a trip down there, they can take their theater and shove it. I'll just wait for AOTC on DVD in a few weeks.

Reaction score
Bob! Dont let some stupid ***** stop you from seeing this one. What holliday is on Nov 1st anyways??? Dude think about it. ATOC on IMAX this doesn't happen often plus this will be a new cut of the movie. This might not happen again. I would think twice about it man. Just take a deap breath and order your tickets online. I had my lady order mine. I went to some site that was linked to Imax about fan things or something. And there is this hudge fan base going to see the movie. There going to camp out over night and all. I hope I get descent seats for this one. But I am sure I will want to go see it again.

G

Heads up, it looks like Target is price cutting figures, saw a tag at the Folsom Target with a new price of $2.99 for 2 weeks, starts tomorrow!

Reaction score
That doesnt help much since I already have just about all the figures and they dont have any of the new ones. But its good since they will clear out the old and replensh their stock for the holiday season.

G

May not have the new waves, but it is the perfect time to build your army of super battle droids, or royal guards or anything else!

G

Toys r us Sunrise had cases of clone trooper pilots, 1 case of collection 2 which had no ephon man! picked up 4 clone pilots and there was about 25 left!

Reaction score
Man i am so confused. I saw your post bald and I went to TRU in Roseville first. I got their around 11:00 am, would have gone their after my dentist apointment 9:30am but forgot after i checked walmart, which had nothing by the way. So TRU had one pilot when I went and some guy had two in his hand and that was it. They also had a Arena and several of the other newer figs. I think he was a scalper cause he didnt know anything, was pretty old and told me he had 8 yodas.

So I drove to sunrise thinking they would have a ton of figures about 12 pm. But when I got their not one. I didn't even see any new figures not one. Thats why I was like did he get the store right or did i read it wrong? So I called my wife and had her look it up and she read it back... sunrise TRU. So I was confused I can't belive every new figure would have been gone already. So I called the other TRU and they said they didnt have anything, but the florin sotre said they had a acouple new figs like maul, and teemto, he actualy knew what he was talking about. So let me know bald if it really was Sunrise TRU. I wanted to get 5 total 4 for my ship and one to keep in box.

Also Bob I went to a couple targets and kmarts they didnt have and clone speeders. But that scalper guy said he saw speeders at the Rocklin Lmart, so I would check there if I were you.

Reaction score
I know what you mean about those clone pilots. I went to the Sunrise TRU today around 3:30 and there was not even a hint of one . They did however have a new case with the pilot Jango and pilot Padme.

G

It was sunrise, I sent my friend there yesterday morning and said the same thing, we went again last night and they were there again, about 10 cases, they also had about 4 cases of the silver r2, one which was open, anyways ask them to see it they can get a case or go after 830pm, there there and in abundance!

Reaction score
Went to TRU on Sunrise/ Greenback this morning and while the pegs were full of figures, no sign of clone pilots.

Kmart in Citrus Heights had one arena playset on the top shelf this morning in case anyone is looking for that.

I'm trying to hold off buying much right now until TRU offers those silver R2's. I want to make sure I am buying something I need to get to the $20 limit.

Reaction score
Oh man... So are you saying that they have them but there not on the floor?, there still in the back? Cause I always ask "is this all the SW toys?" And they say... "thats it, they put them all out at night." So now you got me wondering if I should go again. But I feel I will get dissed again.

G

the pallets are in the aisles at night, thats why I am saying go there at about 830pm on, thats when they bring them out, its collection 1 case wave 8! I dont know why they are not out in the morning, probally because there is no room!

Reaction score
Well, on my way home from class tonight I stopped into TRU Greenback/ Sunrise around 8:30PM, and while DarthBald is right in that there were pallets out around the store with cases of toys, there were no Hasbro Star Wars cases that I could find. They must have kept the ones Bald had seen the other night in the back this evening.

It would be great if they put out those clone pilots around the time that the silver R2's are ready to be given away.

Reaction score
Ya thats weird about the clones at TRU on sunrise. But I know that the roseville got them in but I was only able to grab one.

I am with you Bob I want a silver R2 and I have really loaded up on all the SW stuff I need except a few figures. So I am debating wether to hold off on my runs till then. But then I think about the holidays coming and that worries me. Isint the r2 suppose to be out around nov 4 or 5th? anyone know?

G

First off R2 is out on saturday, second thing this is begining to make me look like a liar, but I do have receipt and figures to prove along with my friend who also got some, and I know that you arent calling me one but I just wanted to get that out. The best thing is to keep looking at night, they are there, somewhere!

Reaction score
I believe you Darthbald, it's just the luck/ timing of hitting the right store at the right time.

I think I'll take the next couple days off and hit TRU early Saturday to try and snag an R2. Maybe there'll be some clone pilots out then.

Reaction score
Bald no way man I think your ok in my book. i just thought it was weird. But I bet their in the back or maybe gone by now. Saturday it is then, I will make my rounds after that then.

Well in about 10 hours im off to see the Clones on the imax looking forward to this one, even dragged the wife out.

Reaction score
I just read that Sunday was the first day the silver R2's would be available. So it looks like we may have to wait one extra day.
BTW- is the limit $20 or $25 to get one?

At least we don't have to wait until the Friday after Thanksgiving, TRU is a madhouse on that day and I'd rather not go if I don't have to.

Sixth- let us know how AOTC on the Imax screen was.

Reaction score
Well guys, if you didn't already see the front page at Rebelscum, Amazon has the silver R2's on sale tonight for $9.99- with no further purcahses. I went ahead and bought one just in case. It's cheaper for getting an extra one than spending another $20....

Reaction score
Ya I saw that too Bob. But I would rather get it free for a 20 dollar purchase. Its free right after 20? I wonder if I wait till after sat or sun when they come out and not get one for whatever reason then there gone on amazon. i think i will risk it.

As for Imax It was awesome. I went to the noon showing on Friday. I thought that there would be a bunch of dudes in SW gear, but i didn't see any. As for the new cut on the film, I think they did a good job. I only saw clones twice and that was when it first came out so I am not good at spotting all the things that didn't make it. Stuff I did notice that was gone was when padme and anakin first met they cut a bit there. Also when Obi wan was looking up info on the camino planet at the jedi library thwat was gone. Also anne and padme where flirting in the fields when anne was ridding that one creature. Probably more stuff I just didn't remember it all. The quality of the film and sound was first rate. They only thing that sucked was 24 for the tickets (2) then 8 bucks for parking , that was as gay as it gets. Plus I got food so that little clones trip cost almost 40 bucks. If you do go to Imax make sure you park in the right place or else you get screwed.

They also had these stand ups for sale 30 bucks a piece and a mini magazine with info on the clones for free.

Reaction score
Originally posted by SixthNewKid:

As for Imax It was awesome. I went to the noon showing on Friday. I thought that there would be a bunch of dudes in SW gear, but i didn't see any.
<font size="2" face="arial">Ah but there was. I went to the 4:35 showing and when it got out, the line for the next showing was outside and wraping around the theater. Low and behold there were about 4 or 5 Stormtroopers and about 3 or 4 Sandtroopers. Also on hand were an Imperial Officer (Female), an Imperial Gunner, and a pair of Darth's, Mr. Maul and Mr. Vader (very nice).

[ 11-02-2002, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Brian J. ]

Reaction score
Anyone find any good new figures (i.e. clone pilots, ephant mon, etc,) at TRU while spending the $19.99 to get your silver R2?

I went out to Greenback TRU and Roseville TRU today but could find nothing for around $19.99 that I really wanted or needed. They had a couple interactive R2's as well as plenty of gunships and Luke/ Tauntauns but I just can't afford to get any of those big boys right now. I'm glad I took the chance and ordered one for $9.99 from Amazon this weekend. With shipping I'll still save $6 or so and if I do find something worthwhile at TRU I'll be able to get my second one then.

G

I picked up the Silver R2 on Saturday. I also went to IMAX on Friday night. I thought it was great from a visual and sound stand point. I thought the cut would be hard to follow for people who had never seen the film. But from a fans only stand point I highly recommend it.

Reaction score
KB Toys has their SW figures on sale for $4.44. I saw the sign posted at the KB Toyworks on Manzanita Ave. Although from the newer waves all I found was one Teemto, it might be worth checking out as KB has been getting in some of the newer waves. While $4.44 isn't the best sale price, if you're trying to build an army of clone trooper pilots every little bit helps.

Reaction score
Yes, Sixth I want one of those talking Yodas myself but am too holding out for TRU to get them. The one SW item I want right now and Target and Walmart have plenty, but none so far at TRU. It's about the only thing I want to spend $20.00 right now to pick up a silver R2. Please anyone in the Sac area (or elsewhere in the country if you're reading this post) leave a post as soon as you see these "Ask Yodas" at a TRU near you.

BTW- About 4 Arena playsets at the Kmart in Citrus Heights. No new figures though.

Reaction score
Sounds good Bob. But my whole problem is I want to buy all my crap from TRU so I can get as many r2's as possible.

I went to San Fran monday and stayed the night. So of course I had to find the local TRU. They had the biggest SW section I had ever seen well over a 100 pegs of figs I would guess. And you guessed right... no clone pilots. not much new figures at all really. So that stunk.
I did go to the Sony Metreon in SF too, and they had this little collectible shop there and they had most of the new figures. First time I had seen the non gotee soldier. But at 10 bucks I had to pass.
Also on the way home noticed a target off the freeway so I stopped off, and there was a TRU there too. So went there but nada. Went to the target and they had nothing, but had the talking yoda. I almost got it but I wanted to wait to see if tru gets it. The voice was very clear and loud. Plus u can keep him in the box and press his hand to talk as much as you want.

Reaction score
Well SOB. I dont hit the stores and I get burned. I made a late run tonight. First off roseville TRU must have just got a new shippment in because I saw alot of the newer figures there. Plus there were about 15-20 gunships. So they must have put those out for wed morning. Went to walmart roseville and that place is downright the worst spot of all time. They had about 7 figures left. Sad indeed. although they had a few acklays and a few arenas. 37 or 34 bucks I believe. Not like the 45 i spent at kmart... hURL...
So then i went to target and they had zip. Seems there having trouble moving the peg warmers for 3 bucks. They had that cool little yoda that i want but waiting for it to arrive at tru for another chance to pick up a r2... Now with chirstmas coming up its going to be a fight to the finish to complete my collection... damn it jim!

Reaction score
Well Sixth, I too made a late night stop just before closing at TRU on Greenback. No pallets out tonight and a whole lotta nothin' but some gunships and Luke/ Tauntauns. They too must have gotten some of the later waves as there was a lone Lott Dodd and Tusken w/ Massiff on the pegs. Dam that river! Keep missing those clone pilots!

Are we the only ones hitting stores in Sac, Sixth? C'mon guys, feel free to post, even if there's not much at the stores you hit. At least we'll know where we don't have to go. And if anyone sees any Simpsons Main Street playsets at TRU please let me know.

G

Interesting finds this morning at the Truxel WalMart. Found a case of what are basically new applause style 10" figures( 2x Jango, 2x Anakin, 1x Vader, 1x Mace).I did not get any of them. No other new figures. But the biggest score was the Episode 2 DVD! They had an open case on a pallet in the electronics dept. I figgured they would come up as "do not sell" like the figures did in April, but I would try anyway. To my suprise it rang up 19.76! I can't wait for work to be over so I can check out the deleted scenes!

G

Walmart on Truxel had the new electronic Yodas and electronic lightsabers (purple, green, and orange). No new figures.

G

K-Mart in Rocklin had a case of new deluxe figures at noon today. Picked up one of the Clone Troopers finally. Left the rest.

Reaction score
Went to Reno last night and went to kmart there.... nothing. Then on the way home kmart in auburn, and they had a few of the newer figures. No clones, but I did snag a non beard rebel soldier, last one.
Then i stopped by kmart in rocklin, and I saw the last clone speeder there that celtic left. I hid it for you bob. Just go to the SW section, then turn around and slightly to the right you will see Radio control ac packs. Its in the back of that about neck high. The card on it wasn't perfect but I thought I would hide it for you anywas. Hope you get it.

Reaction score
Argh! I went over to Rocklin Kmart as soon as I saw CelticFett's post, but alas it wasn't until about 3:30 and there was no sign of the new deluxe BUT then I got back home and now saw that Sixth hid a clonetrooper for me (thanks man!) so I'll have to try and go back tomorrow and see if it's still there. Curse my luck!

Reaction score
Just checking the thread here at night, and read what I had posted. When you face the SW section turn around then look to your left a bit (not right like I said above), thats where you will see the radio control Ac packs. Its behind that. I hope you get it and let me know if u do. Heading to walmart now Ill see if anything is there but I am not counting on it.

[ 11-09-2002, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: SixthNewKid ]

G

Check out TRU Arden..I went there around 8pm last night.As I was looking through the pile a worker asked me "what figures are you looking for? I have some other cases in the back." So I asked for the clone piolot,he brought out 5 more cases and dumped the figures in the bin.There are plenty of Pilots there..Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.