Sacramento, CA area reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
target 65 had a lone R2 with tray. That store is famoous for having a lone figure pop up. I htink kids carry them off and then find there way back to the pegs days later. I hit that store about twice a week. I have not been as lucky as you guys. Those stores closer to sac are better. to many collectors and scallpers out by me...
Oh i want that new falcon so bad...

Brad

Reaction score
Target douglas had two durge. Snagged one left the other. Seen him twice now but not count yoda or trooper. I plan to go to Ikea tomorrow so I might hit targets on the way home from SF. Hope to have some luck.

brad

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Jason, 29, from Folsom. I'm a first time poster to this message board -- I actually just discovered it last week. I started collecting loose 3-3/4" figures when AOTC came out in 2002. I also have vintage figures from ANH and ESB that were toys from my childhood. I also have a small collection of 6" LOTR figures.

On a trip to the Folsom Walmart yesterday afternoon I only saw a lone Hoth Rebel Trooper. The Folsom Target had some of the cartoon Dooku and Durge figures, and nothing else new.

On the subject of hiding figures from previous posts, I'm wondering about your past experiences where you were unable to locate an item. My experience in my 2 years of collecting has taught me that patience and enough searches in the local stores have always resulted in success. To this point I have found everything that I was looking for (if I was willing to pay the listed price for it). Have you found this to be true?

Collecting is something that is normally a personal thing for me. It is interesting talking to fellow collectors.

--JasonBJedi

G

Just a heads up, the Toys R Us in Roseville received the Luke, Emperor & young Obi Wan Unleashed figures tonight. They are ringing up at $16.99, I picked up the Luke, I saw this wave there a few months ago but never picked the Luke up when I had a chance. So if you missed this wave like I did, here is your second chance.

Reaction score
Welcome to the board Jason and JangoFett! It's always good to get some new Sac area collectors posting!

Reaction score
Hit Target Rancho on my way to the Linkin Park Concert Last night...new Jabba's palace wave: Skiff Lando, Holo Luke, Rappertunie and J'Quille. Took one of each left one. Wal-Mart Rancho restocked the Boba's, Hoth Hans, Luke and Vader Throne rooms but didnt need any...if you do they have TONS.

Reaction score
OK, in case anyone needs them...this afternoon I popped into Target Greatland Sunrise and found 3x animated wave2 Clonetroopers. I took 2 and hid them about 5 aisles over in the Lego section, second shelf from the top, right behind the mini-Star Wars lego sets. Just move a few lego MMT's and they should be right there. Figured they wouldn't last long on the pegs so just wanted to help one of you guys out, They also had the rest of Wave 2 as well on the pegs.

G

Just a heads up, the 12inch Obi-Wan, Garindan & Jawa 2 pack wave showed up today at Toys r us in Roseville. I picked up 1 Garindan & 1 Jawa 2-pack. They look pretty cool, but the Obi-Wan looks like crap. By the way, if anybody finds a animated Clone Wars Yoda, good you please stash it and let me know, I have not been able to get one anywhere. Thanks.

G

Hey everyone. I am new to the boards, but I have been collecting since 94-95. Anyways, just wanted to report what I found today: NOTHING!

TARGET (Broadway) - Had some Dooku and Durge animated figures, but not Yoda and Clone Trooper, which I need of course.

TARGET (Alta Arden) - Nothing at all
TOYS R US (Arden) - Literally, nothing
TOYS R US (Roseville) - Dignitary wave
TARGET (Roseville) - Animated figures wave 1
WALMART (Truxel) - 2 figures, not good ones
WALMART (Roseville) - 3 figures, all Han in Hoth

Basically, there is nothing out there, so don't bother looking, unless you need Durge or Dooku, then go to Target, where they had a few of each. Still no sign of Jabba's Palace or Yavin wave.

Danny

Reaction score
Welcome to the boards Danny! Hope to see you post frequently!

The only thing I found on my way home from work today was at TRU Greenback- 1x Obi-Wan 12" and 1x Jawas 12". Left both as I was disappointed in both of them, esp. the Jawas which I was contemplating getting before I actually saw them.

Reaction score
TRU Greenback has plenty of late 03 re-issues with the gold "saga" edge, mostly yoda and the younglings and Aayla. Target and WalMart Rancho have the same thing except they seem to have mostly Ceremony Anakin/Everyone from the Throne Room and Boba Fett. Target Sunrise had a few CWToon figures and that was it.

G

peeps,

i'm going out to LA at the end of the week. any good toy stores (retail or small biz, e.g. record stores)?

thanks.

G

Originally posted by jabbathebutt27:
peeps,

i'm going out to LA at the end of the week. any good toy stores (retail or small biz, e.g. record stores)?

thanks.
<font size="2" face="arial">Unless you're planning on making an eight hour trip to Sacto just for toys, you're probably better off posting in a So. Cal board.

Reaction score
Do any of you guys remember when A-1 comics on Madison used to be the place for new POTF2 figures? I remember they used to get the stuff WAY before it hit the shelves. I just went there for the 1st time in a while and I dont think they have had anything new since Ep1.

Reaction score
Walmart roseville had about 5 clone wars figs

Target had about 2 hoth hon and 2 luke jedi duel
and i think every cartoon fig. I got the last trooper and there was one more yoda there.

I haven't posted in a bit but not because i haven't been out but because there is nothing to buy, no figs. this is a long and ugly drought out there. I was happy just to see any figs at all. Might stop at TRU arden later will let you know.

[ 03-05-2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: SixthNewKid ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by Rampage0007:
Do any of you guys remember when A-1 comics on Madison used to be the place for new POTF2 figures? I remember they used to get the stuff WAY before it hit the shelves. I just went there for the 1st time in a while and I dont think they have had anything new since Ep1.
<font size="2" face="arial">Actually, they have had a few Saga cases over the last couple of years. They learned a lesson though after the release of EP1 when they bought way, and I mean WAY, too many cases of figs.

Reaction score
TRU arden had a ton of old crappy figs. the padawan two pack, ach med and other crap. No hint of anything new. Also had one 12" obi wan and the luke tan tan was 30 if you wanted a reduced price.

OT but I went down there for the punchline. Some of the people from Last Comic Standin were there. It was an awesome show I hade to wipe my eyes several times from laughing so hard. So if your looking for something to do tomorrow look into it.

Reaction score
Went to three targets and came up empty for the cups. No figures.

TRU rocklin did have a nice surprise. Nothing but crap, but... they expanded their SW section to about 20 or so pegs. Its about three feet wide now. So I guess they are expecting to do business when the DVD hits.

G

Hi, I was at the Target in Rancho Cordova around 11:00am today and saw that they had the new figure & cup combo in stock. They had 2 each of the old Obi-Wan & Darth Maul, they are kind of cool, but for $9.99 I will pass until they go on clearance, otherwise they had nothing new.

Reaction score
taregt 65 no basic figs only a couple cartoons

Walmart 65 no figures, infact havn't been any in about a month

target douglas has about 4 figures hoth hon and old jedi luke

Was inspired by jangofett's post. I on the other hand want the cups. So if you see any out in roseville let me know. Infact i only have a few of the 04 line and no second wave ultras. i guess 3 days a week to stores isint enough... sigh

Reaction score
Kinda weird ain't it? Those who want the cups badly can't find 'em anywhere---and then there's those who don't want them seem to run into them everywhere.

Reaction score
Nothing much at Target Broadway during a lunchtime run except for a new case of Animated Wave 2 (including 2 Yodas) however, I got a kick out of a handwritten note someone left on the empty regular figure pegs which have been empty for a couple weeks at least. It read,"Are you guys ever planning to restock these figs???" HAHAHA

G

Originally posted by Rampage0007:
<font size="2" face="arial">They're still a good spot to hit for an off chance deal from time to time. I got some nice C6 or so vintage carded figures for about $8-$10 each awhile back. I also found a Piett for $5 once, which they had mistakenly priced and put with the other POTF2 figures. When I brought it up to buy, I saw the owner's face just drop when he realized the mistake. They're good folks over there. But yeah, they don't get anything new any longer.

G

Just a heads up, the Target on Madison Ave has 1 Jabba Ultra figure on the shelf and the 2nd wave of Cartoon Network Clone Wars figs, including 2 Yodas and 1 Clonetrooper. This was at 8:00pm on Friday in case anybody needs these figures.

Reaction score
Saturday, Target Sunrise had one Ultra Denizens and nothing new. TRU had plenty of early saga figs and a few Zuttons if your still in need of that one

Reaction score
Just got back from Kmart in Rocklin. they had a jabba that I neede, fisrt time i saw this sucker. didn't like the color very much. But oh well. They had two wampas and about three figures. So they were jam packed compared to other stores.

I really need that denzien so I might stop by target and some other stores after the Kings game.

Reaction score
Target Rancho was a few CWToon figs and the recarded (Gold) Boba/Han/Anakin. A couple first wave ultra's as well.

Reaction score
Last night was out in folsom... dont bother

target had two figures and several cartoons.

Walmart had nothing, not even sabers.

Stopped by target douglas nothing

and two more walmarts that both had not one SW figure.

So 5 or so stores and a couple figures. This is some seriously bad figure to peg ratio.

G

Target on Madison had a good run for me: I snagged their last Jabba and the last clearanced A-Wing ($9.98). However, they've got plenty of the cup sets, I saw Mauls and Obi Wans, and they had all the Screen Scenes down to $13.98 (same goes for Target on Alta Arden/Fulton). Otherwise, nothing else new at either. I just read through the OC board and it looks like their Targets are getting the Yavin waves, so keep an eye out.

Reaction score
target 65 had one obi won cup left and every cartoon figure. Still no figures there though.
When i was walking to the register this target guy says "we just got those in yesterday, and thats the last of them." I said "no there is one more on the shelf." He says "ya the SW stuff is hard to keep on the shelf its our best line." I said "I come in all the time and its rare that I see anything." And he said "we just take what they give us." anywyas I thought I would share.

brad

Reaction score
Target on Madison is out of the cups now too. At least they were when I was there at noon today - are they with the figs or somewhere else? Glad to see the scenes go down a bit, can't wait until they hit $10! Target Surise has almost all the CWToons (except yoda) and not much else.

Reaction score
TRU Greenback had 3x Deluxe Jabba and Denizens...not much else that most people wouldn't have. So has anyone in the Sac area found the Yavin wave yet? They appear to be hitting the Bay Area in force, I've yet to see any sign of that wave.

G

Hi, I just wanted to let Bob o Fett know that the Yavin wave is out, I found some at the Toys R Us in Roseville on thursday. I was able to pick up 1 of all the Yavin wave and 1 Tanus Spijek, that was all of the new figures they had, which was cool with me since I am all caught up now. I also found 1 Tie Pilot at the Target on Sunrise on thursday also, so somebody else in Sacto has the new wave too.

Reaction score
Picked up the last Jabba at TRU Greenback. Sunrise is having a card show this weekend and a few folks are selling SW figures. Saw a couple of both Jabba palace Ultra's; Han and Boba Unleashed; and one guy in front of Suncoast had a lot of figures ranging from POTF to Current...most notably a Clone 3-pack with the Yellow variation for $13 which isn't too bad if you need it.

Reaction score
Went to TRU roseville there was just a handfull of offee, lumanri, and dignatary's no yavin or anything else new like jango found.

Target 65 had one lone denzien, first time i laid eyes on this bad boy. Still have not seen a figure in about two months there. Just the cartoon figs. And they were getting pretty low. They also stocked up on more cups. about 3 each.

G

I went to the Florin Rd TRU at 5 pm yesterday. They had all the ultra Jabba, Wampa sets as well as the AOTC Jedi Warrior Set

Reaction score
I was in the Sunrise Mall KB today at 6:30pm and I bought the Geonosis War Room screen scenes I & II for $7.99 each. I did grab the last two on the shelves, but maybe there are more in the Sac area. Yesterday the Folsom Target had nothing new as usual.

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys now that some of the stores in the roseville area should be stocking soon. I figured I was going to go on a massive toy run yesterday but thought I would call instead. Since most storesdont have any basic figures.

I called both roseville stores and antelope. They have no figures. But they all said that there will be figures in this week within a few days. Dont know if thats hot air or what.

Traget roseville said that he is doing "leg work" and trying as hard as he can to get more figures in. He also said it should be this week. I called another target but cant remember they too dont have any figures.

Went to TRU roseville. They have that old wave there just widiling down.

I am just getting nervous since I still need several jabba figs, i have no yavin and now the destroyer wave is hitting. I may be forced to go online, but that really sucks. 5 days a week to stores is just not cutting it.

G

Hey guys. Head out to Toys R Us, off Highway 65 right now...they have the Silver Clone Trooper for sale ($4.99). When I left, they had about 50 left. The lady said, the promotion doesn't start until Sunday, but they're selling them individually ahead of time, so go get them now. I picked up two, though I'm not sure why. Other store reports:

TRU - Highway 65 - Silver Trooper, All Ultras (no Ewok)
Target 65 - cartoon figs
Walmart 65 - worse than empty
Target Arden - cartoons
Target Broadway - cartoons (all, incl. Yoda)
TRU Arden - Jabba, Denizens
Walmart Truxel - Obi and Jango ultras

There ain't much out there. I still need the entire Jabba's Palace wave and the Star Destroyer wave, so let me know when these show up!

Danny.

Status
Not open for further replies.