Sacramento, CA area reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Roseville TRU had 2x Acklays @ 10:30 AM, I bought one (at $19.99 however! Ouch!) also had 4x new X-Wings.

At the Rocklin Walmart no sign of the new cantina figures. In fact, they really reduced the size of the Star Wars section.

Anyone seen the new deluxe C-3PO and/ or Yoda lately?

Reaction score
Howdy Dewback Dave-

Friday (8-9), at the Rancho Cordova Target, two delux C-3PO's but no Yoda's, hmmm. I didn't take though, maybe down the road. They also had the accessory sets (all 4).

Now riddle me this, why is the TRU on Greenback sooo lame. Always last to get new figs and haven't seen the new X-Wing there yet either. I usually have to go to south Sac or Arden, which is where I picked up my X-Wing.

G

dammit, I just left back to San Luis Obispo from Stanford Ranch early this morning. Didnt get a chance to stop by stores cause it was too early. Please post your finds though cause my sister can go for me.

Reaction score
I agree about the TRU on Greenback but next time you may want to try and ask an employee while there. When I was there a couple weeks ago I asked if they had received the new X-Wings yet even though there were none on the shelves. The helpful employee went to the back to check and brought out a brand new case of two and said there was another case in the back as well. I took my one and thanked him profusely. So I think they may get the new stuff at the same time as the other stores, just don't put it out as quick. BTW- They did have one X-Wing on the shelf there as of yesterday...

Reaction score
As of 9:45 AM, 8/14 Roseville TRU- New Unleashed (Vader, Padme, Anakin) 2x each (although I bought 1 Vader), 8x new Landspeeders (bought 1 of those as well- sweet vehicle) and 3x Acklays.

Reaction score
BTW- if you hit up a TRU between now and the 17th don't forget to ask for a manager's special coupon, it's good for $5 off of a $25 or more purchase...not too bad.

Reaction score
The TRU's on Arden and Greenback had the new unleashed Vader, Anakin, and Padme figures. The Arden TRU had about 8 X-wings. Neither one had much in the way of new 3 3/4" figs though.

Reaction score
Found the new Anakin and Maul 3 3/4" figures at KB in Roseville yesterday afternoon. Had about 4 each when I left.

Reaction score
Hey where which KB in roseville dave??? I am looking for the new 3 3/4's as well. There is the Mall KB and the one in Roseville square. I guess I will go check out the mall one first then try the roseville square after I get up today. I work night crew so its bed time for me.

Reaction score
Thanks again Dave. I went to Kay Bee in the mall and there they were both Maul and Anakin figures. They also had a ton of Delux 3-po's and yodas. I also went to the Folsom Wal Mart and they had about 40 of the cantina sets there. It looks like they wont be hard to get.

Reaction score
New 12" figures found!
Roseville Target had 2 each Zam, Dooku & Super Battle Droid as of 10:30 this morning. They're very nice figs but the 'ol pocketbook just can't afford 'em right now so they're all still sitting there on the shelf waiting for a good home.

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has seen a obi-wan Coruscant Chase lately. I just realized that that is the only one I am missing. Some how I got two Anakin outland peasants instead. I live in Rocklin, so any stores in the sacramento area that you have seen him at let me know, thanks guys.

Reaction score
Just check the TRU Roseville and Rocklin Walmart, I've seen them there as of about a week ago. It really shouldn't be too hard to find.

Reaction score
I just scored TA Anakin and Ki Adi Mundi at the KB's in Roseville Square. Didn't see any Mauls or Teemtos, but two out of four aint bad around here.

Reaction score
Dave, thats funny because I have gone to walmart and toys r us in roseville several times a week the past few weeks and they have not had a obi wan courasant chase. Hmmm. I had seen them there before too but many weeks ago. I think I will order it online or try a southside store.

Also thanks Hydralisk for the tip on Ki Adi mundi at KB in roseville square... i will try and hit there tonight.

Reaction score
Several Landspeeders and X-wings at the Rocklin TRU. KB at the Roseville mall had the Tatooine Anakin. And finally, KB at the Sunrise mall 3 or 4 Tatooine Anakin's and 2 Darth Maul's. Not much going on at the Walmart's except a few scattered Cantina sets.

Happy Hunting and Happy Labor Day!

Reaction score
Hey all-

Just to let you know TRU on Greenback has the interactive R2-D2 on presale for $10.00. They also had a couple of landspeeders there at around 12:30. I'm sort of confused which R2 this is. Anyone know?

[ 09-03-2002, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Doctor Nope ]

Reaction score
Doc Nope- It's the voice/ radio controlled R2 which will retail for $99.99. It's even got a drink holder to bring you your favorite tasty beverage! From what I've seen it looks awfully cool....

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dewback Dave:
Doc Nope- It's the voice/ radio controlled R2 which will retail for $99.99. It's even got a drink holder to bring you your favorite tasty beverage! From what I've seen it looks awfully cool....
<font size="2" face="arial">Thanks for the info. I think I heard something about it quite a while ago, but I wasn't sure why TRU was doing a presell on it. I guess they expect it to go.

Reaction score
Roseville TRU had 6x landspeeders and the same amount of X-Wings. Anyone seen the Simpsons THOH3 at any of the local Sac TRU's yet?

Reaction score
Greenback TRU had 5x Luke/ Tauntaun's along with a bunch of X-Wings and Landspeeders as of 12:30PM. The Luke/Tauntaun looks great but at $59.99 a little to much for me to spark for at this time, esp. with the Interactive R2 hitting any second now. Speaking of which, this TRU still had the $10.00 presell going for that item.

Also for you Simpsons fans, they had about two cases worth of the new THOH3.

G

I saw a couple of unleashed anakins at tru greenback also. There was about 4 left.

G

any cantina figs come out recently? Still havent gotten any of them yet

Reaction score
I found some cantina sets at Walmart two days ago in rocklin. I don't think they warant the 10 price tag though. I am really looking forward to the interactive r2-d2, keep your eyes open guys.

Reaction score
Found 1 Electronic Jango at the Rocklin Kmart this morning (left it there). It was sitting by itself in the aisle next to the endcap where the other Star Wars stuff was. No sign of gunships or the Arena playset though.

Reaction score
I made a small run today to TRU at Arden Fair. They had one Luke/TaunTaun there and a empty box for the interactive R2-D2. Also the KB in Arden Fair mall had several of the Playskool sets. Only the x-wing and falcon were not there.

Reaction score
Found 4x Acklays at the Rocklin Walmart today.

Also at the Roseville TRU, plenty of landspeeders and a few X-Wings as well.

Nothing special at the Roseville Target, save for a couple of Hoth accessory packs and a Zam and Super B-droid 12".

G

There are a few Anakin tatooine Attacks and sith training Darth Mauls and Yoda at the Roseville galleria KB. About 5 or 6 of each left. There are some playschool naboo fighter and xwing also. happy hunting folks!!

Reaction score
I think they are about 17 inches? There is a box at the TRU at arden fair if you want to see all the features and stuff. Man i am so looking forward to this one. It makes me angry when i read other posts from people all over that say that the r2 is in their targets and when u call a target in the Sacto area, they dont have him... what gives? And I am curious as to why TRU says they will have them in Oct when target is already selling them... hmmm

Reaction score
Well sixth- I would keep checking those local Sac area Targets almost daily as everyone I've been to lately has a shelf tag up for the new R2's. I would imagine they'd be arriving any second....

Reaction score
I own a R2 now. Here is my lame *** story....

I called Greatland traget on Sunrise around 10 am Saturday from my cell on the way home and they said they had one. I said can you hold one I will be there in 30 mins. As I was talking I flipped around and drove in the direction of the store. I waited on hold until I took the douglas exit and i realized i wasn't connected anymore waiting to find out if they could hold one. So I quickly called Douglas Target and some moron said "I dont think we have anything like that" So I decided to keep going to the sunrise store. I figured who would pick one up in the next 15 mins anyway. So i got there and went to the SW section. no R2. So i asked some kid do you know where the lady is that works toys? He left and he took like 15 minutes, but came back with a "its at the customer service" So i picked it up got to my car and saw that this sucker needed 4 D, and 4 AA batteries. So back in I went. I finally made it home and am about to open this sucker up after i post this. No one else would appreciate this story, hell maybe not even you guys, but I figure I would let you know R2 has arrived in Sac, in very limited supply. My luck these things will be 19.99 around christmas. Now all i have to do is retuen my TRU pre order i got. Off to open R2....

Reaction score
Yeah. The Target on Olson Dr. in Rancho Cordova had the interactive R2 this morning. They had a few delux 3PO's and Yodas too. But not much else.

Reaction score
R2 has hit TRU as well guys. They had two of 'em at the Roseville TRU this morning. Pretty cool looking (give us a review when you get a chance six...)but I'm gonna have to wait on this one for now. Just can't afford the $100 at the moment. I think they'll be around as I can't see the scalpers going after this one at that price.

Reaction score
Rocklin Walmart had 1x Acklay and 1x 12" Super B-Droid but that's about it. No sign of the gunships.

TRU Roseville had TONS of figures but nothing new. The interactive R2's they had this weekend were already gone.

Reaction score
Woo Hoo!! One whole Acklay.
You know I've only seen those things at A-1 Comics. I just can't imagine why they are so hard to find.

Anyway, I hope to see the Gunships in the very near future they look cool.

Off note, has anyone seen the 12" Count Dooku anywhere? I know K-mart on Sunrise had them, there is evidence in the form of those worthless looking Super Battle Droids and that silly looking Zam.

Reaction score
Thats funny i went to Walmart yesterday too, just in case a gunship snuck onto the shelf, and I noticed that lonely acklay there too. I also noticed that it was 14.99. A little different than the 19.99 I paid at TRU. Oh well. I went to Roseville TRU and returned my pre order of the R2. They moved all their SW stuff to the right side of the store. They had nothing new.

As for my little R2 he is on display in my computer room. I tested him out a lot the day I got him. My wife even thought he was cute. "hey R2" had been said that day way too much. thats what ytou have to say to start off anything. I found it pretty cool. Although it seemed that he was too much like himself from the movies. When you want it to do something he would just beep and bop and roam off. I think you are supposed to tell him to "behave yourself" or something to that effect, but I didn't really read the book, I just tried to talk to him using the reference guide of commands he understands. I know my cat and dog both thought he was alive when he is tredin around. I hope that all the seceret commands and stuff become public, I am curious to what is hidden inside his "rusty inards". Maybe a EP 3 teaser trailer?

Reaction score
I hear you six about the Acklay...I too paid the $19.99 at TRU thinking that was my only chance of finding those things. I mean it took forever for me to finally see one on the shelves here in Sac. The R2 sounds pretty cool, me thinks I'll just have to break down and get one next time I see him around, might just have to break out the 'ol credit card for that one.

Doc Nope- I've seen the Dooku a couple times at both the Sunrise Target and the Roseville Target. Last time was about a week ago at Sunrise I believe. Might want to keep your eye on the Targets as well as K(rap)mart.

Those gunships have to appear sometime soon 'round these parts...

[ 09-16-2002, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Bob O'Fett ]

G

I found it, I found it, the Wal-Mart in Folsom had 2 gunships, now there is 1. I ran it through the scanner and it ran up at $38.96.

Status
Not open for further replies.