Sabine Wren & Stormtrooper - MS08

Reaction score
Killian Plunkett mentioned once that the CW Mandalorian helmets were designed with animated Boba Fett from the Holiday Special (shudder) in mind - longer, more angular. The visor is the same shape as Bo-Katan, but I think the shape of the helmet itself is different - more like the Fetts than the Death Watch.

Reaction score
Killian Plunkett mentioned once that the CW Mandalorian helmets were designed with animated Boba Fett from the Holiday Special (shudder) in mind - longer, more angular.
And with the visor set above where the wearer's eyes would actually be...

The animated segment's not actually all that bad (certainly in comparison with the live-action portion); I wouldn't have minded an animated series built off of it back in the day (sort of like Droids or Ewoks but following the adventures of the main cast). I'm not quite sure how Han ended up being so off-model, though:

Reaction score
The visor is the same shape as Bo-Katan, but I think the shape of the helmet itself is different - more like the Fetts than the Death Watch.
Actually, more like the female Mandalorians than the male Mandalorians:

It's like some strange, non-biological form of ****** dimorphism.

Reaction score
If they do make her, I'll likely pick her up. Though it greatly depends on how she actually turns out. Gotta get Bo-Katan some how!

Reaction score
HUGE, MONSTER, MAMMOTH screw-up on Hasbro's part not making a Bo-Katan figure. I'm still holding out hope that she'll potentially be one of the final "realistic" CW figures to make it into the black series.
As for the topic at hand, yeah Sabine is a cool looking character. I'm a big softie for Mandos anyway and so far this chic and the Inquisitor look to be the coolest new characters imo.
The damn 5POA kills it for me but depending on the look of this figure however I may grab one for customizing.

Reaction score
HUGE, MONSTER, MAMMOTH screw-up on Hasbro's part not making a Bo-Katan figure. I'm still holding out hope that she'll potentially be one of the final "realistic" CW figures to make it into the black series.
Can't have Bo-Katan without Pre Vizsla...

Reaction score
Geez that drawing appears rather ****** for a kids show, IMO.
I don't think Grant Gould does "official" SW artwork; his stuff tends to be aimed at adult fans/collectors unless I'm very much mistaken.

Reaction score
Geez that drawing appears rather ****** for a kids show, IMO.
It's not an official drawing for rebels. It's just his take on the character. He draws mostly sketch cards for Topps, most of them focused on Star Wars sets.

ZX3

Reaction score
I think it's fairly clever that when The Clone Wars first went to Mandalore they established a very uniform militaristic look, upsetting every cosplayer who had made up their own version of a Boba Fett style personalized armor, only to set up the chaos of a civil war in later episodes that would create the sort of fragmentation that would lead to different sects and customized armors. They got to have it both ways.
Hopefully the inclusion of Sabine means that we'll get to see some of the aftermath of that.

Reaction score
I think it's fairly clever that when The Clone Wars first went to Mandalore they established a very uniform militaristic look, upsetting every cosplayer who had made up their own version of a Boba Fett style personalized armor, only to set up the chaos of a civil war in later episodes that would create the sort of fragmentation that would lead to different sects and customized armors. They got to have it both ways.
Hopefully the inclusion of Sabine means that we'll get to see some of the aftermath of that.
Except for that the "uniform militaristic look" is Death Watch. The "their own version of Boba Fett style" armor Mandalorians still exist, they just weren't seen in TCW. They actually existed before Death Watch.

Reaction score
Except for that the "uniform militaristic look" is Death Watch.
Considering the Death Watch's emphatic traditionalism, it's not unlikely that their uniform, militaristic look is the traditional Mandalorian colour-scheme for armour, or one very close to it, in TCW's continuity.

The "their own version of Boba Fett style" armor Mandalorians still exist, they just weren't seen in TCW. They actually existed before Death Watch.
Do we know for certain that they're still canon?

Reaction score
Considering the Death Watch's emphatic traditionalism, it's not unlikely that their uniform, militaristic look is the traditional Mandalorian colour-scheme for armour, or one very close to it, in TCW's continuity.
Not in recent memory. More likely the blue markings were based on the Neo-Crusader armor the Mandalorians wore in KOTOR.

Do we know for certain that they're still canon?
Until further notice, yeah, they are.

Reaction score
Not in recent memory.
Again, in TCW's continuity.

More likely the blue markings were based on the Neo-Crusader armor the Mandalorians wore in KOTOR.
Not just. Remember, Vizsla (even in his civilian garb), the Nite Owls, the Mandalorian police, Satine's guards, Satine herself and the ordinary Mandalorian on the street in TCW all tend to wear a lot of blue, grey-green and grey, and that extends to the palette used for their vehicles, Death Watch and New Mandalorian alike, and Sundari, the primary Mandalorian location in the series itself. It's actually jarring in this context to see Darth Maul's collaborators wearing red on their armour, which sense of discordance is probably deliberate.

Until further notice, yeah, they are.
Who gave notice of this? Just curious.

Reaction score
Looking at this, I'm beginning to wonder if dark blue is a specifically government/military colour. Note that all the civilians present are wearing grey-green/grey/white.

Reaction score
The books were never canon to begin with. It's always only been the movies and TCW series.
I think you're thinking of Star Trek. Prior to this announcement by Hidalgo, the LFL canon policiy, IIRC, was descending orders of canonicity, from the films to the TV series to the books and so on.

Reaction score
Again, in TCW's continuity.
Fair enough.

Not just. Remember, Vizsla (even in his civilian garb), the Nite Owls, the Mandalorian police, Satine's guards, Satine herself and the ordinary Mandalorian on the street in TCW all tend to wear a lot of blue, grey-green and grey, and that extends to the palette used for their vehicles, Death Watch and New Mandalorian alike, and Sundari, the primary Mandalorian location in the series itself. It's actually jarring in this context to see Darth Maul's collaborators wearing red on their armour, which sense of discordance is probably deliberate.
Okay, you've got a point there. But still, the Mandalorian police wear gray, not blue. I would guess that the designers chose blue predominantly due to Jango's armor in AOTC, nothing more, although there could've been a bigger reasoning behind it. As to Maul's red-armored forces, yes, it is pretty jarring, but I think it would've been more jarring if the Death Watch was still wearing only blue. As it was, there was a guy with white armor (albeit with blue markings) and all the females except Bo-Katan wore jet black. So, I never really thought about the red armor being such a dramatic change, personally.

Who gave notice of this? Just curious.
Well, until further notice (as in, until the beginning of 2015 when Marvel gets the comic license and thus overwrites all previous EU) they are still canon. Even then, I doubt there will ever be anything directly contradicting the Republic Commando books so they're "canon by technicality."

Reaction score
Okay, you've got a point there. But still, the Mandalorian police wear gray, not blue.
I know. I didn't mean to suggest that all the persons mentioned all wore blue, grey-green and grey all at once, and the fact that the police are grey-green/grey like the ordinary citizens would fit under the whole civilian law-enforcement/peace officer thing.

I would guess that the designers chose blue predominantly due to Jango's armor in AOTC, nothing more, although there could've been a bigger reasoning behind it. As to Maul's red-armored forces, yes, it is pretty jarring, but I think it would've been more jarring if the Death Watch was still wearing only blue.
I'd call that less jarring than confusing, myself. :p

As it was, there was a guy with white armor (albeit with blue markings) and all the females except Bo-Katan wore jet black. So, I never really thought about the red armor being such a dramatic change, personally.
Pics?

Another colour that shows up a lot is yellow. Vizsla has yellow patches on his civvie-suit, a yellow Vizsla clan sigil on his helmet, Bo-Katan's hairband has yellow LEDs and her eyes are yellow, the vast majority of the Mandalorian characters have yellow hair, and the Death Watch's blaster bolts and jetpack exhaust flares are yellow (whilst Maul's troops' blasters fire bolts that are, again, red)

Well, until further notice (as in, until the beginning of 2015 when Marvel gets the comic license and thus overwrites all previous EU) they are still canon. Even then, I doubt there will ever be anything directly contradicting the Republic Commando books so they're "canon by technicality."
We'll see, I suppose. If there's one thing I've learned about how the EU is handled, it's to never assume they can't disappoint me yet further in some way.

Reaction score
And, as a matter of general interest, I should mention this fellow, who appears to be wearing a modified form of Fenn Shysa's insignia:

Reaction score

Another colour that shows up a lot is yellow. Vizsla has yellow patches on his civvie-suit, a yellow Vizsla clan sigil on his helmet, Bo-Katan's hairband has yellow LEDs and her eyes are yellow, the vast majority of the Mandalorian characters have yellow hair, and the Death Watch's blaster bolts and jetpack exhaust flares are yellow (whilst Maul's troops' blasters fire bolts that are, again, red)
It annoyed me that the blaster bolts magically changed to blue and red to signify "these guys are good, these guys are bad." As if we're too stupid to get it ourselves without the help of the colors.

We'll see, I suppose. If there's one thing I've learned about how the EU is handled, it's to never assume they can't disappoint me yet further in some way.
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Reaction score
It annoyed me that the blaster bolts magically changed to blue and red to signify "these guys are good, these guys are bad." As if we're too stupid to get it ourselves without the help of the colors.
Maybe that's why we never got other color of Lightsabers, GL wanted to make sure the audience knew who was bad and good. But w/o a blue/Green/Red one, we'd all be so confused! This is probably the argument he used with SLJ about his purple Saber, and you know SLJ just gave him that look... lol

Reaction score
Never mentioned something about it when the episode came out. But I share the same opinion. I was like, did they all changed their crystals from the blasters (wich would make no sense) or do DF and his crew think SW fans are to stupid to recognize the bad guys from the good ones. They already changed thier armor color, why the need to change the blasterfire is beyond me. Funny how something like that gets on my nerves.

Reaction score
Maybe that's why we never got other color of Lightsabers, GL wanted to make sure the audience knew who was bad and good. But w/o a blue/Green/Red one, we'd all be so confused! This is probably the argument he used with SLJ about his purple Saber, and you know SLJ just gave him that look... lol
As a kid, I always thought lightsabers were connected to the Force, and a Sith's lightsaber was red because of this and not the crystal. To me, this mystical angle would have been better than the "techie" crystal explanation.

And it would have been cool in ROTS if Vader's saber had turned red when he turned to the dark side. Could have had one of those "what have I done?" moments with him looking down at the red blade. It also would have made for a classic blue-versus-red duel between him and Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
First thing I thought of, when I saw this pic, was of artist J.Scott Campbell style of drawing...
A lot of similar style they have, but not exact the same. Would love to see J.Scott Campbell take on it. One of my favorite artists

Reaction score
So far the best character they revealed for Rebels.

I do not like that they show that she spray painted a dead storm trooper. This is wrong on so many moral levels. I don't care if it is a cartoon, LFL & Disney should never have released this picture with that dead soldier's desecrated body in it.

Reaction score
I do not like that they show that she spray painted a dead storm trooper. This is wrong on so many moral levels. I don't care if it is a cartoon, LFL & Disney should never have released this picture with that dead soldier's desecrated body in it.
Dead? No, no… well, he's, he's ah... probably pinin' for the fjords!

Reaction score
Dead soldier of an evil Empire. She's leaving a message, like Zorro cutting a "Z" into the shirts of his victims, I guess.

Reaction score
Or maybe she just knocked him out or stunned him ya know. I dont see any blast residue

Reaction score
Ravenfan, Deskvader, & Toonimater, I'll have to disagree (respectfully) with you 3. I don't think the storm trooper should have been included in the poster.

Reaction score
Ravenfan, Deskvader, & Toonimater, I'll have to disagree (respectfully) with you 3. I don't think the storm trooper should have been included in the poster.
You're in Rebels, be a Rebel! Just don't be a Rebel! Or at least, not TOO rebellious.

Problem is we don't see what happened to the Stormie just beforehand. This character portrayal is obviously sending out a mixed message. Personally I don't think I see this show as being any different to the Clone Wars. You'll still have your kid-oriented episodes but then there'll still be some more darker stuff every now and then, just as there should be in a show with two opposing factions hell bent on wiping each other out. I'll reserve my judgement until I see the show.

Reaction score
I want to see a TV series following the exploits of a Stormtrooper platoon.