Sabine Wren & Stormtrooper - MS08

Reaction score
Who's interested in seeing Sabine from the upcoming Rebels cartoon in action figure form? Personally, i'd be happy to welcome a female mando to my collection, considering the huge oversight of not including bo katan in the cw line, which upset countless kids and collectors. Hopefully this character gets promptly released in one of the initial rebels waves!

Picture:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I was excited at the idea of Hera Syndulla but now Sabine has blown my socks off, so to speak :)

A younger female Mandalorian character, heck yes! Not as cynical and jaded as Bo Katan (and I'd buy a Bo Katan figure in a heartbeat!), she's young, cocky and with an artistic flare, win win in my book :)

So yeah I hope we get a Sabine figure, and as soon as possible too! Removable helmet would be nice or two versions of her one with and one without a helmet. working holsters for her blasters would be nice too, and if she's in Saga Legends/Mission Series with 5 POA then brilliant because that means nice slim ankles on her figure :)

Reaction score
Getting a "like Ahsoka, only worse" vibe from this. If they wanted a Mandalorian character for Rebels, it should have been Satine's nephew or someone like him, especially considering that that the only two sympathetic, named Mandos in Clone Wars with any appreciable amount of screen-time were both women.

Reaction score
Getting a "like Ahsoka, only worse" vibe from this. If they wanted a Mandalorian character for Rebels, it should have been Satine's nephew or someone like him, especially considering that that the only two sympathetic, named Mandos in Clone Wars with any appreciable amount of screen-time were both women.
Who knows she's a decendant from Bo-Katan. Everything possible

Reaction score
Sympathy has little to do with what makes the Mandalorians so iconic - it's the enigmatic armor, bottomless supply of weapons and general bad[donkey]ittude. Bo-Katan and Viszla had that in spades, Satine was basically Padmé re-imagined.

I'm not sure where Sabine's going to fall yet, but we haven't really had any context for a Mandalorian graffiti artist either. I'm looking forward to seeing what she's capable of - but full disclosure, I'm also going easy on this character because she really reminds me of my girlfriend (Especially the hair).

Reaction score
Sympathy has little to do with what makes the Mandalorians so iconic - it's the enigmatic armor, bottomless supply of weapons and general bad[donkey]ittude.
Not really relevant to my point.

Satine was basically Padmé re-imagined.
Or perfected. Of the two, she's by far the more interesting character, in my opinion.

I'm not sure where Sabine's going to fall yet, but we haven't really had any context for a Mandalorian graffiti artist either.
The concept is a bad joke. What's next? A teenage Mandalorian skatepunk?

I'm looking forward to seeing what she's capable of - but full disclosure, I'm also going easy on this character because she really reminds me of my girlfriend (Especially the hair).
And I'm going to go hard on her because (among other reasons) we've yet to see a T-canon, armour-wearing, friendly Mandalorian male recurring character yet.

Reaction score
I like the look of her without the helmet. But after seeing the video not to big on her at all. Don't like Mando's in general. Hope she's not too annoying with her hip hop take no guff attitude. Bleh. First thing in rebels to hit my brakes so far.

Reaction score
I'm going to speak up on Graffiti's behalf here. What's the hate on it? Aside from being Mandalorian, and like the look of the character; I think it's great that someone can be vocal with writing or imagery. This is a time when the senate is purely for show, the Emperor won't give a damn about your opinion and general welfare of the galaxy. Not to get political here but if you want to send a message you could either hack some holo-feed or take it to public quarters and let it be seen by everyone with some writing. A present day event is the Trans-Pacific Partnership, almost no -one knows of it but plenty people have been vocal about it on the internet. A few graffiti artists here have done murals on the N SA spying and everyone should be aware about it.

Now If anyone want's information about the history of graffiti, artists, and such, PM me
I don't mean to derail the thread either.

Reaction score
I'm going to speak up on Graffiti's behalf here.
Why are you capitalising "graffiti"?

What's the hate on it?
It's not infrequently out-and-out vandalism, for one thing.

Aside from being Mandalorian, and like the look of the character; I think it's great that someone can be vocal with writing or imagery.
I think that Mandalorians would look on the idea of a soldier needing to "be vocal with writing or imagery", above and beyond the very direct message sent by blowing things up and killing people, as a ridiculous affectation, particularly post-Clone Wars, where the general character of Mandalorian society appears to be one of Teutonic orderliness. Come to think of it, Sabine's not exactly Mandalorian-looking either, with her elfin features, olive skin, almond eyes and strangely-coloured hair.

Reaction score
"Poochie"-ing is when one shoehorns a so-called trendy character into a series, yes? I'm not sure in what way Sabine's a Poochie. Because she's an urban artist?

Reaction score
Oh God, they're totally Poochie-ing this up.
That's actually one of the first things that came to mind when I saw/read about the character. Didn't mention it though because I wasn't certain how many would catch the reference.

"Poochie"-ing is when one shoehorns a so-called trendy character into a series, yes? I'm not sure in what way Sabine's a Poochie. Because she's an urban artist?
There's also an aspect of "designed by committee", which overlaps nicely with Sabine's design/character traits as revealed thus far.

Reaction score
I like her character. I also don't get the criticisim of her 'graffiti' behaviour, and don't see what any of the fuss is around depicting this onscreen.

Considering the graffiti is symbolising the resistence to an obviously evil empire / tyranny, I don't see anything wrong at all with it as a mode of expression.
Despite whatever has been seen in SW before, there's no reason why graffiti cannot be shown (it didn't need to have been shown previously in mandalore culture, for it to exist, and who knows, perhaps Sabine isn't your 'typical' Mandalore).
In real world scenarios (as well as fictional) cultures' change / adapt during periods of oppression and war: often is the case that the normal rules of what consitutes society and culture completely changes under wartime conditions.

One more thing: I wouldn't liken the grafitti shown thus far as vandalism either. If sabine went around trashing things indiscriminately scrawling graffitti on anything (Imperial or not), without intent / purpose / etc... then perhaps one could argue it from a vandalism POV - but thus far, in the context of the show, it's looks fairly clear that it's an act of defiance, against the Empire.

Just my thoughts on the matter :)

Reaction score
I like her character. I also don't get the criticisim of her 'graffiti' behaviour, and don't see what any of the fuss is around depicting this onscreen.

Considering the graffiti is symbolising the resistence to an obviously evil empire / tyranny, I don't see anything wrong at all with it as a mode of expression.
It's not the graffiti. It's the context that the graffiti appears in.

Despite whatever has been seen in SW before, there's no reason why graffiti cannot be shown (it didn't need to have been shown previously in mandalore culture, for it to exist, and who knows, perhaps Sabine isn't your 'typical' Mandalore).
By Jove, Holmes! Brilliant observation! How do you do it? :awesome:

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

In real world scenarios (as well as fictional) cultures' change / adapt during periods of oppression and war: often is the case that the normal rules of what consitutes society and culture completely changes under wartime conditions.
That would be a fine objection, if Mandalorian culture wasn't explicitly the war and warrior-centric product of thousands of years of warring, war-torn warfare.

I wouldn't liken the grafitti shown thus far as vandalism either. If sabine went around trashing things indiscriminately scrawling graffitti on anything (Imperial or not), without intent / purpose / etc... then perhaps one could argue it from a vandalism POV - but thus far, in the context of the show, it's looks fairly clear that it's an act of defiance, against the Empire.
The vandalism comment was specifically "real world" (though I wouldn't be surprised if this character motivates at least a few dumb young punks to go "tagging" their neighbours' garages). My concern so far as the show goes is that A: the character they've chosen for it is supposedly a Mandalorian, and B: it feels more like writing-by-committee than unencumbered storytelling (ex: there's a weird symmetry between Sabine's armour/graffiti and the decos on the explicitly "let's sell this to a specific demographic" Nerf "Rebelle" range).

Reaction score
But that's exactly what they're doing : /

Reaction score
Oh groovy. Mando Avril Lavigne. And it's a Mando. Who's a Rebel. Who's a Mando. Can someone say any excuse for a Fett reference?

Reaction score
I have never heard anyone say that in real life. Ever.
Irrelevant. The point is the cringe-worthy attempt to be "hip", not the thing in question being part of a fictional contemporary Western Earth milieu.

Oh groovy. Mando Avril Lavigne. And it's a Mando. Who's a Rebel. Who's a Mando. Can someone say any excuse for a Fett reference?
LOL

Reaction score
One more thing: I wouldn't liken the grafitti shown thus far as vandalism either. If sabine went around trashing things indiscriminately scrawling graffitti on anything (Imperial or not), without intent / purpose / etc... then perhaps one could argue it from a vandalism POV - but thus far, in the context of the show, it's looks fairly clear that it's an act of defiance, against the Empire.
That is vandalism by definition. Whether or not it's an acceptable mode of expression depends on a person's subjective point of view. That's the whole point. Most against the Empire would say it's fine. Most for the Empire would say it isn't. As graffiti in this context is ultimately political speech. Same thing happened in ancient Rome when the peasants were unhappy with their Ceasar. But if they got caught writing it they were in trouble.

My concerns about the character aside, I personally think this portrayal is appropriate in this context - the rebels against the Empire. It's realistic in that sense and probably the kind of thing that would happen. Though I can't deny the obvious urban hip-hop influence of the image for the sake of coolness factor and appealing to modern kids. At that point graffiti goes back to its curious nature - it is both art *and* vandalism at the same time, depending on one's point of view. If in areas where it's allowed it's just art. If not, it's just vandalism. But if it represents protest, it can be both at once.

Reaction score
That is vandalism by definition. Whether or not it's an acceptable mode of expression depends on a person's subjective point of view. That's the whole point. Most against the Empire would say it's fine. Most for the Empire would say it isn't. As graffiti in this context is ultimately political speech. Same thing happened in ancient Rome when the peasants were unhappy with their Ceasar. But if they got caught writing it they were in trouble.

My concerns about the character aside, I personally think this portrayal is appropriate in this context - the rebels against the Empire. It's realistic in that sense and probably the kind of thing that would happen. Though I can't deny the obvious urban hip-hop influence of the image for the sake of coolness factor and appealing to modern kids. At that point graffiti goes back to its curious nature - it is both art *and* vandalism at the same time, depending on one's point of view. If in areas where it's allowed it's just art. If not, it's just vandalism. But if it represents protest, it can be both at once.

I agree with your points. And they are some of the reasons why I'm getting excited / intrigued about the direction this show is going in...

To quote from another franchise: 'Risk is part of the game if you want to sit in that chair.' :)

Reaction score
I have never heard anyone say that in real life. Ever.
It slipped into my sisters everyday vocabulary after she saw the Robot Chicken Specials and thought it was the funniest thing about them.