S3 TCW #21 - PADAWAN LOST - 04/01/11

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Clone Wars Episode Guide: Padawan Lost

"Without humility, courage is a dangerous game."

Synopsis: Ahsoka finds herself trapped on a Trandoshan moon, prey in an elaborate and cruel hunt.

Director: Dave Filoni
Writer: Bonnie Mark
Key Characters: Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Plo Koon, Lo-Taren, Garnac, Dar, Kalifa, Jinx, O-Mer
Key Locales: Wasskah, Felucia, Coruscant

Kyle Newman and Paul Bateman join us as we put the wraps on Season 3 of The Clone Wars with our discussion of the final two episodes, Padawan Lost and Wookiee Hunt. As the dust begins to settle, we are left asking... were secrets revealed?

Click here to listen!

Panelists:
Jason Swank
Jimmy Mac
Kyle Newman
Paul Bateman

Reaction score
I loved the episode.
But i must admit, that since Christmas, the show is targetting a slightly older audience. My 4 years old doesn't watch anymore, because it's scary, and my 9 years old is "limit". Lots of dying, and killing. Savage trilogy, Mortis trilogy, Citadel, and now this... no wonder the air time is later. My daughter was really shocked when the girl got shot.

On the other end, as a grown up, I LOVED IT!

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:
Eric, I must say that your reviews are very insightful and well written. Whether you agree with his view or not, you can tell that they are very well thought out and look deep into the writing each week. I enjoy reading them because it makes me think about the episode even more, in ways that I may not have considered.

Well done my friend. If your school papers are written this well, your professors better be giving you A's!

Reaction score
JediShua said:
Eric_Geller said:
Eric, I must say that your reviews are very insightful and well written. Whether you agree with his view or not, you can tell that they are very well thought out and look deep into the writing each week. I enjoy reading them because it makes me think about the episode even more, in ways that I may not have considered.

Well done my friend. If your school papers are written this well, your professors better be giving you A's!
Awww shucks. I do what I can and I appreciate the compliment very much.
I wish I could submit these instead of essays on Nietzsche and social cognition.

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:
JediShua said:
Eric_Geller said:

I wish I could submit these instead of essays on Nietzsche and social cognition.
Go ahead. Just change the names.

Reaction score
JediShua said:
Eric_Geller said:
JediShua said:
Eric_Geller said:

HA! I should try that. I can blame you if it fails. After all, you are a certified edjumicator.

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:
JediShua said:
Eric_Geller said:
JediShua said:
Eric_Geller said:

HA! I should try that. I can blame you if it fails. After all, you are a certified edjumicator.
Eric, I'd be all over that. Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil could become Beyond the Good Side and the Dark Side, Thus Spoke Zarathustra = Thus Spoke Anakin, and Will to Power is ready-made for Palpatine.

Reaction score
youllbedead said:
Eric_Geller said:
JediShua said:
Eric_Geller said:
JediShua said:
Eric_Geller said:

Eric, I'd be all over that. Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil could become Beyond the Good Side and the Dark Side, Thus Spoke Zarathustra = Thus Spoke Anakin, and Will to Power is ready-made for Palpatine.
I will never open my copy of Beyond Good and Evil ever again. That was just like...what?? But we digress.

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:
youllbedead said:
Eric_Geller said:
JediShua said:
Eric_Geller said:
JediShua said:
Eric_Geller said:

I will never open my copy of Beyond Good and Evil ever again. That was just like...what?? But we digress.
I hear you. I can only handle the secondary sources on his stuff. Very simplified secondary sources.
And I agree with JediShua. Your reviews are well thought out and thought provoking.

Reaction score
youllbedead said:
And I agree with JediShua. Your reviews are well thought out and thought provoking.
Double that over here, Eric. I always enjoy reading your thought-out insights on these episodes. You do good work.

Reaction score
Hey Geller why have you not been given a seat at the roundtables? Shy or something? Maybe Jason and Jimmy have not asked.

YO! Jimmy and Jason....put the kid on the big show!!!

Reaction score
Darth_Engelhast said:
Hey Geller why have you not been given a seat at the roundtables? Shy or something? Maybe Jason and Jimmy have not asked.

YO! Jimmy and Jason....put the kid on the big show!!!
I've been on a few times. They want to give others a chance to talk TCW. I already get a huge platform with my written reviews. I always have a blast going on the show, but they want to mix it up. Besides, I always cause trouble when I'm there -- remember Greedo?

Reaction score
I finally got around to listening to the roundtable for the last two episodes and it got me thinking...the influence of the Predator movies is obvious, as everyone has mentioned already. (I especially loved the almost direct nod to the original Predator movie when Ahsoka hid under the natural bridge in the jungle. Classic.)
However, there are also similarities to the latest Predators film (dropping the prey off on a planet so you can hunt them at your leisure, etc.).
This is the part that got me...that movie came out in July 2010. We have always been told that Clone Wars episodes take a long time to produce. This leads me to believe that the creators of these episodes may not have actually gotten to see Predators yet. These connections (with the new Predators) might just be an amazing coincidence.