RS Scout Trooper Helmet - Dickey Beer Signature Edition

Reaction score
if my EFX doesn't come soon I may have to jump-ship!
Well, as someone who is currently onboard both "ships," I can say that unfortunately Eifon is correct. I was in the first wave of these helmets, received it in mid-April, with some damage (paint cracked) apparently caused by shipping. Currently two months out from receiving an email response stating that a replacement was being prepared, and now over a month since I sent an as yet unanswered email, following up to check status and ETA. All this plus several false alarms about when more info would be forthcoming, or when the replacements (I'm not the only one) would be ready.

I don't mind the delays, just as with the EFX, but in either case I do take issue with being kept in the dark.

Reaction score
Oh dear that's not good. Completely agree with you though; errors and mistakes will always happen - but a lack of communication is the one thing that really frustrates the hell out of me.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Things seem to be moving along with the scouts, and a bunch of other stuff. One post in particular (Facebook) stated that the Scouts are the single most difficult thing their working on, I guess. I believe it.

Reaction score
Wave 3 appears to have sold out, it's listed as out of stock on their website. I'd keep an eye on the Facebook page, probably the earliest place you'll see talk of another wave (if that's happening, I'm not sure at all.)

Reaction score
Some comparsion shots between the RS and the Lonewolf :

Last edited:
Reaction score
RS Prop Masters Scout trooper helmet weathered #11/100. HUGE difference between my first damaged one and replacement. This is how the helmet should have been done in the first place. No issues at all, solid chin, excellent visor fitting, great weathering and I like the accurate way they attached the visor. This is a very beautiful helmet!!

Reaction score
Congrats!

Now THAT is how a prop replica should look B)
Thanks. The first one was bad. This is light years ahead, Rob took charge and threw away some of the bad helmets there. The plastic is thick now, helmet is well assembled, everything you need for a superb prop replica indeed.

Reaction score
Looks brilliant Sergiu, congrats!

I'm in wave 3 so hopefully any issues have been sorted now.

Reaction score
Are you sure RS didn't send you their original auction helmet by mistake??? Congrats!

These helmets are looking like the real deal and worth all the delays and frustration, cant wait to get mine.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you displaying it with your other helmets, or with the 1/6th biker scout, Sergiu? Please post pix when positioned in your Star Wars collection.

Reaction score
Love the weathered look on the RS.
Thanks Julian.

Message from Rob regarding new quality of thicker more solid ABS plastic which will be present on new waves and replacements: "the plastic is the same thickness, its just formed on our new machine which distributes the heat much more evenly"

Reaction score
Mine is being shipped Tuesday! I originally jumped on the first wave, way back last year, then after repeated unanswered emails I cancelled only to jump back on again. I must say RS has improved their comms a LOT, and I had a good chat to a few of them at Celebration. I literally cant wait to get mine, its been a long wait but I am sure it will be worth all the effort :)

Reaction score
Just had a mail, wave 2 is currently being worked on and wave 3 should start going out in around 7 weeks.

Reaction score
I got this email regarding my wave 2 but three more months pass and still nothing . . . they're not much better than EFX.
Still waiting on my complete TIE commission from RS, most recent contact was November 22, when I was told it was being finished up to ship out that week.

No word as of yet, two weeks later. I think the idea was to get it to me by Rogue One, but I guess we'll see... I'm torn, in that last email I heard about some cool stuff they have coming, but I don't like the multiple missed delivery deadlines. Hoping to have good news in the next week or so...

Reaction score
Commission is shipped, delivering Monday! Fingers crossed everything is correct and intact... :)

Reaction score
Cheers Sergiu. Went for the weathered version. Gonna be more expensive than the EFX version I cancelled but at least it will be received in a reasonalble time scale and will be a much better product

Reaction score
Cheers Sergiu. Went for the weathered version. Gonna be more expensive than the EFX version I cancelled but at least it will be received in a reasonalble time scale and will be a much better product
Congrats. :) The RS Scouts look great!

Reaction score
As I have the eFX Scout which I plan to keep (despite the flaws), I decided to forgo this. Space is be coming a bit of a problem and I am gonna start running out of living space soon LOL

Reaction score
Nice one! You won’t be disappointed, the RS's are in a different league than the EFX.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Got mine today and it's great! You guys won't be disappointed. especially Cargo Hold members :) What's awesome and unique is this is a limited "Cargo Hold" edition which states on the plaque. As well as the ****ey Beer Signature version that they are going to do another run again. I was kinda bummed they released that right after the Cargo Hold run but I'm pretty sure this is the same helmet as my number is 100 something out of 1120 I believe (so im guessing more are coming). So those who felt like they missed out might be in luck! :) Which would be pretty awesome of RS Propsmasters to do. You guys are more experts than I am and not sure if you can just tell from a photo. Could be wrong though! Happy either way :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got my cargo hold edition today. Really is an amazing helmet and my favourite RS helmet (also have the Sandtrooper, ESB Stormtrooper & Snowtrooper signature editions). No idea what number I have as the Cargo Hold plaque has no number and, yet the print says it's limited to 100. The COA does have prop number of 1171217.

Reaction score
Looks great! I like the weathering

Not to fond of the new stand though
Thanks. Really happy with it. I quite like the new stand but bugs me a bit that all my RS helmets now don't have the same stand. The positive it that it will never be as bad as the EFX stand :)

I'm now kicking myself for not getting the signature TIE Pilot when they were available. Think I'll wait to see if they do a different sig edition down the line rather than just getting the standard version.

Hopefully the AT-AT Driver is released soon, though a Royal Guard or Imperial Gunner would be cool too.