RS Propmasters

Reaction score
This was posted today on RS prop masters FB page-

"OK, so we needed to improve our communications with you guys. You spoke and we listened. Introducing the newest member of the Team, Josh. Some of you may have spoken with him already, others will be hearing from him real soon.

This should bring about a huge change in how quickly we can deal with email, and ultimately getting props shipped, now I can get back to making them more of the time.

Correct email to use. Andrea is still picking up and dealing with enquiries at info@rspropmasters.com, Josh is working on information and status updates at studio@rspropmasters.com leaving me to deal with any problems at directsupport@rspropmasters.com. Please send your message to the correct address to ensure a speedy reply."

Reaction score
At least they're doing something... Even if it is a bit late!

Reaction score
Ever since I was a little kid, the Stormtroopers have always been my favorite.. Just such a bad-a@@ looking character. Judging from the few cons I have gone to, they're pretty much a fan favorite too.

I have seriously been thinking of joining up with the 501st after talking with a few of them at a booth of theirs at FANDOMFEST this past weekend. They do nice charity work, plus being a Stormtrooper is like the 7 yr old me's dream come true!

I've been looking around at all the options and reading the forums at whitearmor.com and I read the RS name come up quite a bit. It's really between them and Anovos at this point. I'd like to get a kit rather than an assembled one, partly because of the cost savings, but also for the project. Is RS really worth the cost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
This was posted today on RS prop masters FB page-

"OK, so we needed to improve our communications with you guys. You spoke and we listened. Introducing the newest member of the Team, Josh. Some of you may have spoken with him already, others will be hearing from him real soon.

This should bring about a huge change in how quickly we can deal with email, and ultimately getting props shipped, now I can get back to making them more of the time.

Correct email to use. Andrea is still picking up and dealing with enquiries at info@rspropmasters.com, Josh is working on information and status updates at studio@rspropmasters.com leaving me to deal with any problems at directsupport@rspropmasters.com. Please send your message to the correct address to ensure a speedy reply."

After all that they still continue to ignore paying customers emails. Their fb page (and others) have numerous posts about this - my email regarding my fully paid scout order has gone unanswered for a whole month. Very poor form.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been looking around at all the options and reading the forums at whitearmor.com and I read the RS name come up quite a bit. It's really between them and Anovos at this point. I'd like to get a kit rather than an assembled one, partly because of the cost savings, but also for the project. Is RS really worth the cost?

Even though the RS version will be the most accurate I think most people will tell you not to go with them. The Anovos does look good in pictures, but beyond that we don't really know yet.
I have two RS helmets and both of them cracked to the point that they're just trash and I only handled them a handful of times to try them on and take them in and out of my display case.
The Anovos should be a lot sturdier and they are a full blown LICENSED company so customer support will be there for you as well.
I'd say go with the Anovos, but that's just me! Best of luck!

Reaction score
Even though the RS version will be the most accurate I think most people will tell you not to go with them. The Anovos does look good in pictures, but beyond that we don't really know yet.
I have two RS helmets and both of them cracked to the point that they're just trash and I only handled them a handful of times to try them on and take them in and out of my display case.
The Anovos should be a lot sturdier and they are a full blown LICENSED company so customer support will be there for you as well.
I'd say go with the Anovos, but that's just me! Best of luck!

Which helmets you have from RS Props?
The only helmets i know which cracked from them were the first editon HIPS Stormtrooper helmets.
I have two ABS stormtrooper helmets and a Tie Pilot helmet ,also out of ABS, from them.
Till now , no cracks.

Well cause of the "licence costumer support thing" ... i doubt you ever ordered something direcly from efx .
Great products , but poor communication.Also i personl had no problems with them, but a lot of other guys had.
That's just for example.

Reaction score
Which helmets you have from RS Props?
The only helmets i know which cracked from them were the first editon HIPS Stormtrooper helmets.
I have two ABS stormtrooper helmets and a Tie Pilot helmet ,also out of ABS, from them.
Till now , no cracks.

Well cause of the "licence costumer support thing" ... i doubt you ever ordered something direcly from efx .
Great products , but poor communication.Also i personl had no problems with them, but a lot of other guys had.
That's just for example.

The helmets I have were from the original run and yes, the first one I got was HIPS. I don't know what the replacement was made from… They didn't tell me.
Glad yours are fine, but that wasn't the case for me!

And I have ordered direct from efx on several occasions and while their communication wasn't stellar I've had worse!

And if the Anovos is half as good as it looks in the pics they've shown, you can't beat their price! $350 for a full suit minus blaster and boots?! That's a no brainer! Hell, I paid $550 just for the helmet from RS, that's now trash, but to each their own!

Reaction score
I know many guys who had this first edtion Hips helmets and they nearly cracked all.
Therefor i passed on that first hype.
But i also know many guys who have the ABS stuff from them as i have, and i know no one of them which had a cracked ABS helmet till date.

So you may should just ask for a replacement and ask for a ABS helmet.Or a refund.
Could be a long road to go maybe, cause the customer service is very very slow.

Anovos is a nice toy helmet and the price is ok for that. But it will never be as accurate as a cast from a original. I know Anovos is telling it all comes from origianl moulds or armours bla bla.
Sure it comes, but it's not unaltered and uncleaned. It's massproduced idealized stuff.

Therefore the price for the RS helmet is higher. And that " no brainer price of 350 USD", is just now at there " come first pay less, come later and pay the full price tactic"
The regular price of there stuff will cost nearly the same as the RS or other kind of stuff in that range . So Anovos is not cheaper at the end.

And till now i haven't seen anything real from Anovos as only promotion or just pic's of currently in production stuff.
Not the final product.
I would not buy something from them now,even for that less of money, without have seen the final product.

My two cents.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I totally agree that you can't beat the accuracy of the RS and that's exactly why I bought one! They did tell me a couple years back that they would replace it, but I was going through a divorce at that time and it wasn't a priority...

As for the Anovos, yes you're right... We haven't seen what it will look like yet AND it will be idealized, mass produced stuff, but from the pics they've shown it looks pretty close and the helmet still looks wonky, which is a good sign. I'm being optimistic with it. If it looks like crap in the end I'll either return it or sell it. I'm taking a risk on it, but for $350 and for what you get it's not that much a risk IMO.

If the RS ABS is as durable as you say, then I'll look into getting something like that later. $1200, or whatever it costs, isn't in my budget at the moment.

Reaction score
Something from RS:

"Delayed, but very much now on the go. Expect to see more of these in the coming days."

sco.jpg

Reaction score
Man I want an E-11 blaster so badly. Does RS take request orders ? The MR is nice but hard to find and expensive if you do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
They look awesome! Whose will be done first, efx or RS I wonder.....

Ahhh who am I kidding it'll probably be these guys :awesome:.

Reaction score
Those look awesome! Any idea how much they are? I could email and ask, but I didn't want to bother him for that.

If you want a Dday/Phoenix Props E-11 blaster I'd advise you to contact him directly asap. His latest run sold in a very short time, people getting up on his pre-order list now, not to miss further sales.

Reaction score
I had a Stormtrooper helmet from their first run. Didn't troop in it; it just sat on its display stand.... and cracked years later. I emailed them and within a month I had a replacement. It came boxed with a very professional guarantee that they will stand by their work.

They went above and beyond to do right by me and stand by their product. I would highly recommend them and buy from them again.

Reaction score
I had a Stormtrooper helmet from their first run. Didn't troop in it; it just sat on its display stand.... and cracked years later. I emailed them and within a month I had a replacement. It came boxed with a very professional guarantee that they will stand by their work.

They went above and beyond to do right by me and stand by their product. I would highly recommend them and buy from them again.

That's good to know. Thanks! Sounds like I just need to contact them again!

Reaction score
Email from RS:

"Replica Prop serial number: 114726

Helmet Issue Number: 11

Firstly, sorry for the continued delay with your Biker Scout helmet. We have been working steadily on the project and have the first wave near completion. I can confirm you are in the first wave. We foresee the shipping date being around the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] of this month.

We will advise as we move closer to shipping these helmets and confirm the weathering requirements and preview images for approval of your helmet."

Reaction score
Email from RS:

"Replica Prop serial number: 114726

Helmet Issue Number: 11

Firstly, sorry for the continued delay with your Biker Scout helmet. We have been working steadily on the project and have the first wave near completion. I can confirm you are in the first wave. We foresee the shipping date being around the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] of this month.

We will advise as we move closer to shipping these helmets and confirm the weathering requirements and preview images for approval of your helmet."

That's cool! Congrats on getting #11 as well!

Reaction score
Thanks. :) As for edition number I don't care about, just want a good lid.

Oh I hear ya, but having a low number on top of that is just icing on the cake! I'm sure the quality of the lid will be just fine!

Reaction score
Same, I just want a accurate well built helmet. I dont really care for display plaques and signatures either to be honest. I still haven't heard anything from RS though :\

Reaction score
I like plaques explaining what the item is, I like some with sigs, and even an edition size there but that's all. Plaques for me only add up to a collectible, I don't collect plaques or edition numbers, I collect props and helmets

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nah I dont buy the "it must be hastily assembled to be accurate" thing. Sure the stunt stormtroopers were very rough but they were background helmets after all. Steven Lane's original Scout looks to be in excellent condition barring a few surface scratches and paint rub - structuraly is looks fine, same goes for his TIE helmet which is almost 40 years old by now.

Reaction score
I sold most of my stuff 10 years ago though never stopped reading up on the subject. In the last year I have been slowly rebuilding (after seeing amazing collections such as Sergiu's and yours) and waiting patiently for some cool stuff to arrive, like a Quasimodo ESB Vader, FPH2 Fett and of course the RS Scout. I'l share pics when I have more helmets to show. I had some nice TK lids back in the day but only have the SDS now because frankly it was not very desirable to anyone. Thank the maker for CFO and RS.

I'm in the second wave for the Scout and should arrive early next month. I may try to arrange local pickup with them because my brother recently moved to Manchester which is close.

Last edited: