RS Propmasters

Reaction score
Was looking at RS for either the snowtrooper or stormtrooper to display on a mannequin. Looks like great stuff anyone bought anything?

Reaction score
I own their full stormtrooper costume. It is very accurate and well made.

Their communication is mediocre.

When I purchased mine I waited around 1- 1 and a half months to receive it.

Not sure what their turnaround time is like now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't have any of their products but I've always heard good things.

Reaction score
Was looking at RS for either the snowtrooper or stormtrooper to display on a mannequin. Looks like great stuff anyone bought anything?

Yes RS Props are the absolute best you can get!!! You will not be disappointed!!!

Reaction score
I've got the Anthony Forest Sandtrooper helmet and it's fantastic. I'm waiting on the Alan Harris Stormtrooper helmet I ordered last week. Next on the list is the TIE Pilot helmet, chest box & armour.

Reaction score
I own one of their fist Stormtrooper helmets they made long ago and the ESB Pugman E-11. Great stuff. Will be getting the Scout too.

Reaction score
Their Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper gear is without equal. Their Snowie is ok,..not the most accurate kit,but still nice.

Turnaround time of a month or so is lightspeed in comparison to some other armour makers...I am on month 14(!) of waiting for a Snowie kit from elsewhere.....

Reaction score
It seems RS props are popular with the collecting community/costumers these days. They also have an endorsement from legendary prop maker Brian Muir & quite a presence at the show/conventions.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but they are not an official licensee?
This must be like a kick in the teeth to EFX whom seem to be dragging their heels producing their own Scout helmet.
I really like the items RS are offering, and hope to add something of theirs to my collection.

Reaction score
It seems RS props are popular with the collecting community/costumers these days. They also have an endorsement from legendary prop maker Brian Muir & quite a presence at the show/conventions.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but they are not an official licensee?
This must be like a kick in the teeth to EFX whom seem to be dragging their heels producing their own Scout helmet.
I really like the items RS are offering, and hope to add something of theirs to my collection.

You are correct. They are definitely not a licensed product although they are a very nice product. Very happy with mine but this belongs in the fan made section if a full commercial enterprise can be called that.

Reaction score
I own one of their fist Stormtrooper helmets they made long ago and the ESB Pugman E-11. Great stuff. Will be getting the Scout too.

I truly like their Scout Trooper helmet. Unfortunately I went through an awful experience last year when I ordered from them their Sandtrooper signature helmet. Not their fault, I should say. It was sent to me via UPS and they lost it, then a month later UPS said they had found it four states away from me, and they were going to deliver it. Worth noting is the fact RS had sent it to me with signature confirmation required. UPS had the guts to tell RS and I the "helmet was left at front door" ... without my signature! Long story short, I never got it and I had to file a claim to get my money back. RS had to do the same. To this day, I wonder what UPS employee has it in his/her collection or how much they might have sold it for. At the time all RS offered as an international carrier was UPS. I might consider ordering the Scout helmet from them, if they can now provide with a more reliable carrier. Congrats to all of you guys getting one. It looks great.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My first RS Prop Master helmet (edition no. 44) was also lost on mail long ago, the tracking stopped in Austria somewhere. So if anyone sees #44 for sale somewhere, it is the lost one. RS were kind enough to send their own, the one they had on display as replacement, but with a different plaque #63.

RS_Prop_Masters_Stormtrooper_helmet_12.jpg

RS_Prop_Masters_Stormtrooper_helmet_17.jpg

And the super Pugman ESB stunt E-11:

RS_Pugman_ESB_Stunt_Stormtrooper_blaster_tile.jpg

Reaction score
I have tons of their stuff, started with the first complete TK suit ever pulled (I was there to do that with them :)). I love every single piece I got from them, and they are good friends, too. Their communication might not be the fastest, but they're trustworthy and do their best to get things done in a timely fashion. I can highly recommend them!

Reaction score
Just a beauty shot of one of my favourite pieces, the "SA" edition helmet, made from the same green plastic as the originals. This one is assembled and finished by me, but the RS guys do a good job finishing them as well ;)
Uh0lX27.jpg

Reaction score
Hi guys as much as i love the products RS produce, i recently was let down by their quality, customer support, and left feeling a bit underwhelmed...

I have had a Stormtrooper helmet they produced in the early stages of RS emerging as a company. And its amazing, honestly a great piece. You might of seen my over view here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRH8s58cGEE

Last year with the edition of a new Tie Pilot helmet being released i jumped on it straight away, ordering in late October early November, they promised a release date for before Christmas. Well Christmas came and went, i sent them a email regarding what happened and didn't get reply for some time.
When they did reply they said to expect it second week of January, and never heard a thing didn't receive anything in the post, it wasn't until late February i actually got it in my hands...

Was it worth the wait..... No. I really hate to say it, but it looked so rushed and sloppy, i was extremely upset. Waiting so long, and paying a fair £350, it wasn't what i expected.

Granted these are fan made props, but hand made by professional's i was gobsmacked.

A few complaints are:

1/ Sloppy paint job, i had a brush stroke coming of the teeth on to his nose which i ended up managing to remove with thinner on a ear bud. Although the stripes had what seem to be glue residue on the left hand side which i couldnt do anything with without scrubbing the paint of and starting again.

2/ ABS scuffed on top of the mo hawk, dulling the black appearance, and scratches all over the rest of the lid, also a paint chip to one of the details on the front of the helmet.

3/ Probably the worst yet, glue had eaten in to the helmet where the mohawk fuses to the helmet. This wasn't removed and had eaten away at the abs, this was terrible.

4/ The helmet stand pole which the helmet sat on was cut to short, meaning the helmet sat right over the signed plaque by Richard Bonehill...

I know this seems like a rant, it is and it isn't, i really love the work they do! I did have a Scout helmet on pre-order at the same time but cancel due to consistent delays, i know they are a small company and a new start up, but don't offer customers false promises! Good communication is the solid ground for any company.

Again i am not trying to put down RS as i'm sure i was probably a one off, they offered to send me a replacement helmet stand... which i never received, and didn't get a reply when i chased it up after.

I really would love to order the scout lid again, but it seems they have already missed the May 4th release they promised every body at the start of the year, so it seems things are not getting much better.

I know everyone has huge respect for the guys and the company, i do to, but i think far to much praise gets aired, and the complaint's get overlooked or deleted off their Facebook page if raised with them.

I have attached a few pics of my Tie, let me know what you think, was i being to harsh or could you put up with these faults?

Picture quality isn't the best but hope you get the idea, scuff mark was hard to pic up.

Reaction score
Stunning!

Do RS still offer these hdpe helmets? I thought it was a limited run a while ago.

They have some of the material left, there will be one final small run sometime soon (about 30 more). I know the guys are pretty busy with "normal" orders at the moment, but there will be a few more of those.

Reaction score
Hi guys as much as i love the products RS produce, i recently was let down by their quality, customer support, and left feeling a bit underwhelmed...

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with it. But I presume you haven't seen an original Tie lid? After the "warts'n'all" Stormie lid, I'm a bit surprised you wanted the Tie to be pristine and perfect. RS go for accuracy, right down to the "sloppy" assembly. Glue residue may not be what you like, but the originals were just like that. The greeblies used on their Tie helmets are top notch, right down to the found part "pill box" and the proper style forehead greeblies.

I am surprised you didn't hear back from them if you complained about it, as they usually offer a full refund when you send the product back. If you want I can talk to Rob about it and get things resolved?

Sounds like a DL Tie lid would be more up your alley. Idealised and clean.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with it. But I presume you haven't seen an original Tie lid? After the "warts'n'all" Stormie lid, I'm a bit surprised you wanted the Tie to be pristine and perfect. RS go for accuracy, right down to the "sloppy" assembly. Glue residue may not be what you like, but the originals were just like that. The greeblies used on their Tie helmets are top notch, right down to the found part "pill box" and the proper style forehead greeblies.

I am surprised you didn't hear back from them if you complained about it, as they usually offer a full refund when you send the product back. If you want I can talk to Rob about it and get things resolved?

Sounds like a DL Tie lid would be more up your alley. Idealised and clean.

Hey Dan,

I was just surprised, it honestly looked rushed. I have never seen a Tie lid prop in the flesh, apart from pictures of Stephan Lane's lid and a few other's, which are granted, beat up as anything but they are pushing 30+ years old now.

To me the paint job should be fantastic as its hand detailed, the glue residue was the thing that made me really upset as this couldn't be fixed with out recasting the dome and resembling. Overall the helmet wasn't bad but just fell short of my expectations. Especially all the scuffing to the helmet abs i'm sure wouldn't of been put their to resemble a prop used look and the other faults mentioned, im sure most collectors would be a little like "what the f....." .... I dunno maybe i was being to critical, but this is just my honest opinion. I am not out their to give RS a bad name, i love their products, i still want a Scout lid and a E11 one day.

They were cool about it and did come through and offer me a refund which i accepted. I just feel like it was worth mentioning for any other future customers to be aware of if they had the same expectation's as myself.

Reaction score
I have a Richard Bonehill helmet on order - I have now been waiting over two months. Initially communication seemed pretty good (although I and to email them and message them on facebook a few times to instigate a response) but since then its been silence. I was promised to get my tie helmet after star wars celebration, and I would be contacted at the end of April but have heard nothing. In the meantime I have put a deposit down on a scout helmet - but I am now starting to worry! I really want to get most of their stuff in my collection but they really need to work on communication. I dont mind waiting for quality, but would like to be kept informed of progress and not being made false promises.

Reaction score
Hello guys, my two cents...
3 months ago I bought from RS a ANH version: perfect communication, great helmet with no issue at all.
But I was not happy :p because once the helmet has been delivered...I've changed my mind - to return the ANH and to change it with the ESB Alan Harris SE...:whistling:
Once again: fast and perfect communication - superb helmet...awesome!

That's all folks!

Reaction score
Similar experience- I changed to the HDPE version after my 1st was done. No fuss from rob "easy as"

They custom set the right ear just as I wanted it & painted it perfectly

A new standard in prop replicas !

3 months ago I bought from RS a ANH version: perfect communication, great helmet with no issue at all.
But I was not happy :p because once the helmet has been delivered...I've changed my mind - to return the ANH and to change it with the ESB Alan Harris SE...:whistling:

That's all folks!

Reaction score
Similar experience- I changed to the HDPE version after my 1st was done. No fuss from rob "easy as"

They custom set the right ear just as I wanted it & painted & weathered it perfectly
It looks superb, just like the real thing!

A new standard in prop replicas !

That's all folks!

Reaction score
Had some communication from them today, hopefully get my Tie Fighter in the next week or so :)

Reaction score
I got in on the ground floor with their original run of the SiMan Helmet. It's been on display ever since I bought it, on a quality MR helmet stand. Looked at it a couple weeks ago, and it is cracked in multiple spots, under its own tension. As though mini fault lines caused it to just implode. I'm in contact for them for a replacement. I hope they will stand by their work.

Reaction score
I got in on the ground floor with their original run of the SiMan Helmet. It's been on display ever since I bought it, on a quality MR helmet stand. Looked at it a couple weeks ago, and it is cracked in multiple spots, under its own tension. As though mini fault lines caused it to just implode. I'm in contact for them for a replacement. I hope they will stand by their work.

I too bought one of their first run helmets, #54/100, and it cracked like crazy on its own as well. I contacted RS and they provided me with a replacement and after a short time (3-4 months or so) it too began to crack, albeit not quite as bad as the original one. I contacted Rob on The RPF website (where I originally learned of and contacted them) and he asked me to contact him through their website, but I was going through a divorce at the time and never did. Does anyone know the best way to contact them? I know they're not quick, but I'm at a point where I'd like to have it replaced... again!

Outside of the quality of the material, it's the best looking lid I've ever seen and I absolutely love it! Just disappointed it didn't last!!!

Reaction score
I think there facebook page is the best way to contact them.
Sometimes also mail works. If you have luck you can get a response within days, if not you have to wait for two weeks.
If you should get a replacement again don't go for HIPS version again. Also i'm not sure if they still make those helmets in HIPS.
Would go for ABS or PVC.

Reaction score
I think there facebook page is the best way to contact them.
Sometimes also mail works. If you have luck you can get a response within days, if not you have to wait for two weeks.
If you should get a replacement again don't go for HIPS version again. Also i'm not sure if they still make those helmets in HIPS.
Would go for ABS or PVC.

Thanks Turrican, I appreciate the response and the advice!

Reaction score
Something very interesting observed by Keith at RPF - "This is a "stunt", but it only has 7 vents like the RS:":

Scout_helmet_with_7_vents_like_RS_01.jpg

Reaction score
I never knew there were stunt and normal (guess they must be hero) Scout helmets. How were they different?

In that shot all the guy does is turn around and move towards the speeder. The shot of him tumbling off the bike after being hit by Chewie could have been filmed days or weeks apart using a different helmet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wasn't disputing accuracy. I was asking what makes the helmet in the screen cap a stunt variant?

it just looks like one of the dents was possibly just filled in while making the helmet with what ever they used as filler for the seams (according to one member over at Bikerscout.net) possibly not any kind of "stunt" variant.....but no proof either way

Reaction score
There were several helmets and suits that were made for the stunt scenes. They are made of flexible rubber. They are still in the archives. The helmet pictured above is one of the rubber stunt helmets.

Reaction score
There were several helmets and suits that were made for the stunt scenes. They are made of flexible rubber. They are still in the archives. The helmet pictured above is one of the rubber stunt helmets.

Very cool!! Thanks for sharing

Reaction score

Gino, would you like to share that info over on BS.N?