RS Prop Masters Snowtrooper helmet

Reaction score
Haven't received an email from Andrea or Rob yet. Hopefully soon! Can't wait. It looks fantastic!

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any good reviews on this offering?

Also wondering the lineage for 26cm cowl length and/or any other length that customers might be requesting? Does anyone know the DEFAULT cowl length that the RS offering is shipping with?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any good reviews on this offering?

Also wondering the lineage for 26cm cowl length and/or any other length that customers might be requesting? Does anyone know the DEFAULT cowl length that the RS offering is shipping with?

Thanks!
The default length RS is offering is 28 cm. Anything between 26-28 is ok. Except for various forum reviews, which were all very positive, there are no other reviews as far as I know, Jez might make one soon I guess on his starwarshelmets.com site.

Reaction score
The default length RS is offering is 28 cm. Anything between 26-28 is ok. Except for various forum reviews, which were all very positive, there are no other reviews as far as I know, Jez might make one soon I guess on his starwarshelmets.com site.
They opted to keep the cowl length longer with the idea that if people wanted to adjust it for their own wear, they can- as Rob put it, once you cut it, you can't go back.

IIRC the "standard" was 11 1/2" from the brow trim to the bottom for the front-half and 13" from the brow trim to the bottom on the rear-half.

Reaction score
My RS Snowy arrived last week. Number 46 out of 100 signed by Alan Flyng. The soft goods a lil creased up. But after displaying, it slowly flattens up

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love that the weathering on all these helmets is different. Really adds realism to the props and doesn’t make them look mass produced like you see from other prop companies.

Reaction score
I love that the weathering on all these helmets is different. Really adds realism to the props and doesn’t make them look mass produced like you see from other prop companies.
RS does an amazing job on these. Highly recommended and love the fact it has direct lineage to a production made lid

Reaction score
Got mine...and its amazing. Ive added a full review to my site....Here's some of the pics

Comparison with an originial

IMO this helmet is extremely impressive.I'd be interested in others views but IMO we're getting to the stage when helmets like this in a few years (and theyve aged) are going to cause a lot of problems differentiating from original!

Lots more photos, comparisons etc. on my site - everything accessible directly from the front page (www.StarWarsHelmets.com)

Plus Ive had some great help from TubaChris from the RPF in doing a major update to the Original Snowtrooper page (full costume not just the helmet), again with lots of photos, prototype designs, behind the scenes etc.

Cheers

Jez

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very nice! You can just about see the nostrils just below the visor - these are far more prominent on the Commander version of the helmet but very subtle on regular troops. I was wondering how that was done. Is there a nose piece beneath the visor behind the soft goods?

Reaction score
Very nice! You can just about see the nostrils just below the visor - these are far more prominent on the Commander version of the helmet but very subtle on regular troops. I was wondering how that was done. Is there a nose piece beneath the visor behind the soft goods?
Thanks. And yes you’re correct, all the originals still had the 'beak' part of the Commander cowl in place under the vinyl, hence you can see the nostril dents. If you check the 'Original Snowtrooper' page there’s a photo of an original (Production) Helmet without the vinyl (in fact I’m pretty sure it’s the one RS bought and used for their mould)

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Congratulates Jez!

Got mine...and its amazing. Ive added a full review to my site....Here's some of the pics

Comparison with an originial

IMO this helmet is extremely impressive.I'd be interested in others views but IMO we're getting to the stage when helmets like this in a few years (and theyve aged) are going to cause a lot of problems differentiating from original!

Lots more photos, comparisons etc. on my site - everything accessible directly from the front page (www.StarWarsHelmets.com)

Plus Ive had some great help from TubaChris from the RPF in doing a major update to the Original Snowtrooper page (full costume not just the helmet), again with lots of photos, prototype designs, behind the scenes etc.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Thanks for the report Jez.I have still heard nothing of my helmet. On a picture of you is only Signature Edition without a number on it, is that normal after the 50 first helmets? I had written that I already at the first 50 pieces have pressed the order button, and now have the feeling that my order moves back further and further.

Reaction score
Thanks for the report Jez.I have still heard nothing of my helmet. On a picture of you is only Signature Edition without a number on it, is that normal after the 50 first helmets? I had written that I already at the first 50 pieces have pressed the order button, and now have the feeling that my order moves back further and further.
sorry that was my poor attempt to smudge the number in photoshop - lol!

Reaction score
Message from RS Prop Masters: "Your helmet is complete and in our packing area." This took some time. Let's hope it will arrive in short time.

Reaction score
My X-Wing bucket took 10 weeks 1 day from order to receipt. Not that I was counting!! Yours has currently been 13 weeks.

Won't be long now. Just be glad you didn't order it from EFX. :p

Reaction score
I ordered from RS prop Masters since their first days when they only had about 20 fans ;) . Now that they have 20000 fans, it's expected to be some delays, wish communication was more like in the first days though.

Reaction score
Congrats Sergiu, excited for you to receive yours and hear your thoughts. Hopeful to receive mine soon. I agree that communication is very slow with RS Prop Masters.

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin, cannot wait to get it. I have some family and health problems to attend later this month, so hopefully it will arrive before. Did you order yours in the first batch? Because there seems to be a few first batch orders still waiting to be delivered.

Reaction score
Message from RS Prop Masters: "Your helmet is complete and in our packing area." This took some time. Let's hope it will arrive in short time.
Congrats Sergiu you’ve certainly had to bide your time on this one.

Looking forward to seeing some great photos from you!

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
My order is from the 13th of March, and the system had indicated to me that I am among the first 50 buyers. Unfortunately I have not received a shipping confirmation until today. And I do not think that I get a number up to 50 (which I do not care, but I would wonder anyway). Then I have to say that their system is unfortunately not true!I had written to RS, and received the information that it is in order of orders :confused:!Congrats Sergiu!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congrats Sergiu you’ve certainly had to bide your time on this one.

Looking forward to seeing some great photos from you!

Cheers

Jez
Thanks Jez. Cannot wait for the helmet :) I'll take comparison pics with my MonCal/FarAwayCreations when it arrives

My order is from the 13th of March, and the system had indicated to me that I am among the first 50 buyers. Unfortunately I have not received a shipping confirmation until today. And I do not think that I get a number up to 50 (which I do not care, but I would wonder anyway). Then I have to say that their system is unfortunately not true!I had written to RS, and received the information that it is in order of orders :confused:!Congrats Sergiu!!!
Let' hope Sven you'll receive shipping confirmation as soon as possible. I'm also still waiting for the helmet to be physically shipped and get a tracking number

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin, cannot wait to get it. I have some family and health problems to attend later this month, so hopefully it will arrive before. Did you order yours in the first batch? Because there seems to be a few first batch orders still waiting to be delivered.
I am expecting to be in the 2nd batch, just hopeful that I do not have to wait to much longer after all of you guys receive your glorious helmet!

Reaction score
Kind of a silly question but here goes. When you get a signature helmet from RS does the plaque come attached to the stand or do you need to attach yourself?