RS Prop Masters AT-AT& X-Wing helmets

Reaction score
Wow...that's really limited! I hope they up the edition size considerably whenever they get around to doing Biggs as I really don't want to miss out.

Reaction score
I'm just guessing but it's possible they'll do a second run, just without the signature.

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get one considering the low edition size. Hoping they get Lawson on board for a Signature edition Wedge at some point. Bring on Biggs next!

Reaction score
In regards to the X-Wing style helmets, we have confirmed pics of how noticeably smaller the RS offering is in relation to the EFX. Does anyone have an ANOVOS offering that we could add to the comparison pics? Or at least if anyone has some working knowledge on where the ANOVOS would stand? I am very curious, considering the degree of difference between the RS and EFX. Thanks!

Reaction score
In regards to the X-Wing style helmets, we have confirmed pics of how noticeably smaller the RS offering is in relation to the EFX. Does anyone have an ANOVOS offering that we could add to the comparison pics? Or at least if anyone has some working knowledge on where the ANOVOS would stand? I am very curious, considering the degree of difference between the RS and EFX. Thanks!
Gabe had done a review of the Anovos Rey helmet and at the end of this video he compares it to the efx Luke. Like RS, the Anovos are smaller than efx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzt4u3oTGRU&feature=youtu.be

Reaction score
Still waiting for my RS but have both the Anovos and EFX (and did comps of the latter two on my site in the Anovos Rey review). In summary the EFX is slightly too big for an OT X-wing (well at least every original ANH I’ve handled), whereas the Anovos was based on a Rogue One Helmet so a slightly different version to those seen in the Original Trilogy.

From the prototype RS I saw (their X-wing), they’re bang on right - even down to the minute details. I’ll do some comps of the RS verses the others when my Biggs arrives.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Hey guys,

really interesting thread here. I don’t post here often but have a decent collection like many of you.
i have the Luke ANH EFX helmet which has been sitting in the box for a long time and after seeing these RS prop x-wing helmets I’m tempted to do the swap.

I always though the EFX just seemed big! But had nothing or helmet knowledge to compare it too. Plus I do find it a little too perfect paintwise... saying that it’s still a very impressive piece.

i am also tempted with the new Anovos Luke X-Wing helmet coming out... has anyone actually got one yet?

More importantly I think my ultimate question is, where to put my money... in a new Luke Anovos or the RS Luke Helmet.

Cheers guys

Reaction score
i am also tempted with the new Anovos Luke X-Wing helmet coming out... has anyone actually got one yet?
It has not been released yet :) People may have got some pictures during SDCC I read they had one out for display.

Reaction score
It has not been released yet :) People may have got some pictures during SDCC I read they had one out for display.
ah intersting.

I wonder if RS would produce it in the ESB heavier weathering.
Also, is the RS prop as light as the Anovos version (based on the Rey helmet)

Reaction score
ah intersting.

I wonder if RS would produce it in the ESB heavier weathering.
Also, is the RS prop as light as the Anovos version (based on the Rey helmet)
You'll probably have to pay for extra weathering.

If you already own an EFX and switch to RS you might find it disappointing. The EFX certainly has a better paint job. RS do basic weathering, and even custom paintjobs, but their focus is to get them out in a timely fashion (we've all experienced around 2-3 months) rather than complete a whole bunch perfectly and make people wait a couple of years. But in terms of construction both EFX and Anovos are idealised "polished" versions, so anyone swapping for an RS might be disappointed. That's not a criticism mind, as they are constructed in the exact same manner as the original props, and hence the most accurate in that regard. I haven't handled the other two but from what I've heard the EFX is quite heavy. I suspect the Anovos is lighter than that but still heavier than the RS, which doesn't weigh much at all. So anyone not knowing the background of all these may (mistakenly) assume it's of lesser quality.

Reaction score
I am so excited to get my hands on one of these. I had a chap with Simon from RS at the Birmingham Comic Con and he has performed some ESB style heavy weathering on mine - it looks stunning in the pics he sent me!
Any pics of your ESB weathered version? That’s what I am
after.

Reaction score
Wow... that looks great even from there! Yes please, be great to see some close ups.
are you pleased with it? I only have the EFX to compare to.

Reaction score
The RS Biggs does look great, interesting to see how much smaller it is than the efx lids

Reaction score
Fantastic pictures @Tommy_Windu - the Biggs helmet has come out really well. I hope they do a second run in the future. Was gutted to have missed this one.

Your collection looks awesome by the way

Reaction score
Nice pics Tommy_Windu, I love the RS helmets - and have a Biggs on the way.

oh and damn those Sideshow busts look nice!

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
I have the Red 5. My OCD bugs me as its smaller than the eFX lids. What gives? Which is the movie accurate size? Both claim they are movie accurate

Reaction score
the efx looks way better than the RS though. The RS looks like it is for a little child compared to the Efx helmets.

Reaction score
the efx looks way better than the RS though. The RS looks like it is for a little child compared to the Efx helmets.

The RS looks like it came straigjht off the movie set. The eFX is idealized. The RS fits my head perfectly, and I 'aint no child.... Although my wife thinks otherwise ;-)

Reaction score
The RS looks like it came straigjht off the movie set. The eFX is idealized. The RS fits my head perfectly, and I 'aint no child.... Although my wife thinks otherwise ;-)
RS won't fit mine until I take the earpads out. Didn't think I had a fat head!

:(

Reaction score
Wow... that looks great even from there! Yes please, be great to see some close ups.
are you pleased with it? I only have the EFX to compare to.
It is amazing. They did the ESB weathering for free as well! I met one of their guys at a comic convention and mentioned I would like an ESB version and he took it front here! Fantastic customer service

Reaction score
I decided to jump on this, I have 2 of their other Signature Helmets (+2 more on order) and they are just simply fantastic!

Looking forward to this, not sure if I will ever have a Y-Wing Studio Scale ship to go with it? :'(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ooooooooooh, I did not know that - very tempting!

i remember there was a blank, production-made helmet knocking around the auctions a few years ago - I wonder if that’s the source they’ve used for their moulds?

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
RS Prop Masters is making a very limited (100 pieces) one time only run of Return of the Jedi Y-Wing helmets
Wow, thanks for the heads-up, got my order in. I've always wanted a Y-Wing helmet to add to the collection. This will also be the first helmet purchased from RS Prop Masters. How long do they typically take to complete?

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the heads-up, got my order in. I've always wanted a Y-Wing helmet to add to the collection. This will also be the first helmet purchased from RS Prop Masters. How long do they typically take to complete?
Got your order in where? I don't see any y-wing helmets available on the RS site.

Reaction score
Got your order in where? I don't see any y-wing helmets available on the RS site.
If you search y-wing it will pull up the pre-order, it's not listed anywhere else. I haven't checked it lately but I think they are long sold out. Strictly limited to only 100.

For some reason, they made this "exclusive" to their mailing list and on some Facebook groups. I find that weird because I've been trying to get in their mailing list for almost a year now. I was still lucky enough to get a pre-order though.

Reaction score
I've bought from RS before and got no email. They make a great product but I have a big problem with how this helmet was sold. It's sneaky and underhanded to sell product through private emails to select past customers (and via hidden web pages) and I won't support a company that does this. Everyone should have equal access to buy such limited products. There is no reason to treat a prop replica as if it were black market goods.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You just need to be subscribed to their newsletter and you'd get this message about the helmet. And I also let people know in time by posting the above message on two forums, I received 2 PM's and an email, and 2 of these people ordered the helmet.

Reaction score
Longest for other orders have been just over three months, but can be quicker. Depends on how busy they are at the time.

Reaction score
Got a small bonus at work so just ordered a TIE Fighter Pilot Hero 3 helmet. Lead time is 4-5 weeks.

I wish they would put up the AT-AT Driver up for sale

Reaction score
Got a small bonus at work so just ordered a TIE Fighter Pilot Hero 3 helmet. Lead time is 4-5 weeks.

I wish they would put up the AT-AT Driver up for sale
Good call on the TIE.

As far as the AT-AT is concerned, everything I’ve seen from them suggests they will absolutely nail this one 100%. I’ve handled a couple of their wip's, visited their factory and helped them where I can with pics, colour matches etc from the library of photos I have. I’m convinced it'll be worth the wait!

Cheers

Jez