RS Prop Masters AT-AT& X-Wing helmets

Reaction score
I want that AT-AT Driver helmet. Looks fantastic. Wonder when it will be up for order?

After cancelling my EFX Scout Trooper I am ordering the RS TIE Fighter Pilot helmet next month. I'll get their Biker Scout when they become available again as I don't fancy trying to make the kit version.

Reaction score
These look nice. I'd like an X-Wing bucket. We know EFX has issues, anyone here have good experience of RS Props?

Reaction score
These look nice. I'd like an X-Wing bucket. We know EFX has issues, anyone here have good experience of RS Props?
In the past I purchased the Anthony Forest Sandtrooper & Alan Harris ESB Stormtrooper helmets without any issues. Each took around 4 - 8 weeks to be made and shipped. They take full payment upfront and each helmet was around £350 if memory serves correct.

Reaction score
Yep. I did a stunt TK helmet commission and was very pleased with their communication, shipping, and final product.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I've been looking at different helmets. I might hang fire and get one of these.

Reaction score
I'm expecting to get my hands on these helmets fairly soon, so I'll let you know what I think

i have the RS Props ANH Stormtrooper Armour and helmet, which to be frank is simply stunning. By far and away the most accurate stormtrooper ever produced (and I believe probably ever will be!).

Reaction score
Like Woody I also got the Signature Sandtrooper and Signature ESB stormtrooper from them without much issue. But I also ordered one of the Scouts and had multiple issues that were never fully resolved (I eventually gave up), and also ordered a complete TIE commission that took about 11 months from full payment to delivery. Also had issues with that one (missing plaque/stand, missing pieces from the "complete" commission.)

As I've said on other forums, most haven't seemed to have had the types of issues I have, but I have heard other stories from people who have had issues with their customer service like I did. As a result of the last two experiences I'm gonna pass on these new offerings, no matter how nice they turn out.

Reaction score
Have a closer look at that X-Wing plaque , Jack Klaff signature (Red 4) Go on RS facebook site and another plaque reading , Garrick Hagon (Red 3)

Looks like we're getting John D Branon and Biggs! Folks.

Dennis Lawson, back on Star wars circuit, attended celebration too, so might be in with a chance there.

Reaction score
I've ordered the Red 5 X-Wing (and am SO excited - I've wanted one of these for 30 odd years!) Can't wait to get my hand on it (and my head inside it)

They've also confirmed that they will have the Red 4 Jack Klaff Signature Edition for release in the next few weeks

Reaction score
I'm all in if they do a Biggs helmet.
If that goes up for preorder would someone be kind enough to post here? I'm not on Facebook. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There are 6 left I was told this morning. I had one in a cart but I'm so close too getting all my R2 parts I just could not pull the trigger. I'd like to have it though!

Reaction score
I have my name down for a Bigg too. Can’t tell you how excited I am of getting my hands on it as has always been one of my real favourites.

Not sure of timescales but will be rushing to get a review up as soon as I get it

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
So I see the Luke Red 5 X-wing helmet is sold out on their site. Any word on if they are planning to do a 2nd run of them later on? I'm frustrated that I missed out on it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel the same. Also hoping for second run
I've heard they're doing Red 3 and Red 4 sometime soon in the future. Maybe you could email them and ask if it's possible to get a Red 5 when they do those other runs, since in the end it's only a different paint job. But I don't know how they plan their runs so it may or may not be feasible. No harm in asking I guess. And maybe if they get enough interest they'll do another Red 5 run anyway?

Reaction score
My RS Luke is out for delivery tomorrow - so excited! (Although I probably won't get my hands on it until Tuesday 'cos of work)

Reaction score
It's here! One quick picture and will add some more tomorrow. First impression is very good and I'm very pleased with it.
Due to my huge head I have to remove the padding to wear it and the blast sheild presses on my nose a little but I'm sure that can be sorted quite easily.

Reaction score
My RS Luke is out for delivery tomorrow - so excited! (Although I probably won't get my hands on it until Tuesday 'cos of work)
Lucky man. I haven't had my notification yet. Hopefully they're mailing them out in batches.

Reaction score
Lucky man. I haven't had my notification yet. Hopefully they're mailing them out in batches.
Me neither. I was told they ship in order of received orders. Shouldn't be long now...woo hoo!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It's here! One quick picture and will add some more tomorrow. First impression is very good and I'm very pleased with it.
Due to my huge head I have to remove the padding to wear it and the blast sheild presses on my nose a little but I'm sure that can be sorted quite easily.

Did it come with a stand?

Reaction score
One more quick pic on my lunch break

Very, very pleased with it. My only issue is that the visor is quite tight to the helmet so is uncomfortable against my nose (which, of course, would only be an issue if you planned to wear it for more than a few minutes at a time) Hopefully there is a simple fix for that but just so happy to have this helmet as it's something I've wanted for decades.

I ordered the stand as well which came packed in the box and its nice and weighty. Just got to find somewhere to display it now

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congrats, nice lid. How much they hit you for stand? Looking forward to this one and the Biggs and John D signature editions when released, will look really cool displaying Red squadron together. Hope for more of these.

Reaction score
Congrats, nice lid. How much they hit you for stand? Looking forward to this one and the Biggs and John D signature editions when released, will look really cool displaying Red squadron together. Hope for more of these.
Their shop has them for £19.99

Reaction score
I am so excited to get my hands on one of these. I had a chap with Simon from RS at the Birmingham Comic Con and he has performed some ESB style heavy weathering on mine - it looks stunning in the pics he sent me!

Last edited:
Reaction score
So this just came today. Sold my eFX X-wing ANH Helmet a few months ago, hoping to replace it with the new improved 40th anniversary version (cough, yeah). But when RS made this run available, already owning a few of their buckets (and loving them)... I couldn't resist! First off, it's a very well contructed helmet and the paint job/weathering looks great. I wish I still had the eFX version here to compare. The eFX was fiberglass and heavier, but also well made. The RS seems smaller as I could easily fit my head in the eFX helmet comfortably. The RS is a tight fit. It's for display, so I really don't care. Also, the visor assembly doesn't seem to fit snuggly up against the brow (gap) but I guess that would be accurate to the film. Overall I'm very happy and the RS team was very responsive when I asked to add the stand to my order. A++ great job!

Reaction score
Nice pics! Is the visor fixed on this, or can it be repositioned?
Thanks! It can be repositioned. I tried moving it up and out a bit, but since it's free floating there isn't anything to hold it in place.

Reaction score
Thanks! It can be repositioned. I tried moving it up and out a bit, but since it's free floating there isn't anything to hold it in place.

Just to follow-up on the visor...after fiddling with it, I realized I could wedge (pun intended) the edge(s) under the ear cusions by repositioning them. It seems to hold the visor in place fairly well. The visor is the only weak point I can find with this helmet. Also, after comparing it to screen shots, the weathering should be a bit heavier, but it's still very good!

Reaction score
Is the tie pilot dome bigger or the same size as the x wing?
The xwing looks smaller but they should be the same you would think
Looks great by the way.
Cheers