Royal Starship Droids Battle Pack

Reaction score
Hell yes! This will save me so much trouble!

It says 2 of 2!!?? :applouse:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Never expected them to do something like this. Very cool. Would I have preferred the G9 mold? Sure. But this is still very nice. Yes, they're not all new astros, but they've never been available together in a set like this before. Will definitely be picking them up!

Reaction score
Very excited about this... My astro droids are limited to R5-D4, the R3 from the AOTC preview, the Battle over Endor 2 pack, and twelve different R2-D2s. I'll buy both sets without hesitation.

Reaction score
this is an easy pick up unless it's some damn exclusive.
even if i have them i can use the harnesses and since their BADs, i need a bigger parts bin.
keep using that BAD mold Hasbro, it's one thing you can't screw up

edit note: apparently "damn" gets through but to "Sh atner" and "b alls" don't?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not overly up on the differences between astro moulds - I've got an R2-D2, I've got an R2-B1, and I've got the red one that came with my EP1 Royal Starship......

....But I like that green one..... :concern:

Reaction score
It's a Walmart exclusive. In the 3-D blurb it says "vist walmart.com/starwars for more 3-D". As for the 1 of 2 I'm guessing it's the Mos Espa Arena pack which also has the Walmart 3-D blurb.

Reaction score
Maybe the other pack will be all R5's like the one in Jabba's box seat area? I know, I know, I'm dreaming the impossible dream now, ain't I? But how cool would that be... Seriously.

PS to Orangepeace: Thanks for pointing that out. A BAD R2-D2 will indeed be awesome! Somehow, looking at this pack, as excited as I was, I totally failed to even note this fun fact!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love the concept, only it should have had something new to offer in the way of something we don't already have.

Obviously they knew this was coming so why not pack int that yellow trimmed R5 instead of R2, a Droid that many already have plenty of as it is.
Plus they could have thrown it the other Droid that goes by too fast to make out.

I like the fact they're trying especially with R2-R9, which has been a tough one to track down if you're not interested in sets.
R2-A6 wasn't necessary as he can be bought second hand fairly easy and cheap, R2-B1 on the other hand was screwed up in the TAC line so it's nice to get an accurate version.

I know they want to try and keep it TPM focused, but they could have thrown any background Droid from the PT into this and it would have been a winner IMO.

Reaction score
The thing with the TAC R2-B1 is that he is VERY close to one of the ROTS Jedi starfighter hangar astromechs, and can be seen at the same time as the one who is very close to R2-MK in design also. That's why I got a TAC one.

Reaction score
Want want want. I'm so all over this set. This R2-B1 actually looks good. Can't wait for this.

Reaction score
I'd rather see a set of OT droids, like the old EE sets (I missed out on those), but at least they're trying a retail released set of droids.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a Walmart exclusive. In the 3-D blurb it says "vist walmart.com/starwars for more 3-D". As for the 1 of 2 I'm guessing it's the Mos Espa Arena pack which also has the Walmart 3-D blurb.
i think you're right - mos espa is 1 and this one is 2.
it also looks like the vulture droid is 1 and the dewback is 2.

Reaction score
This set looks cool. Except for the red astromech, I have the others, but the droid cahrging stations are an added bonus.

GNT

Reaction score
Great idea for a battle pack, what a nice way to get all the droids in one swoop. Good move by Hasbro :)

Reaction score
Great idea for a battle pack, what a nice way to get all the droids in one swoop. Good move by Hasbro :)
throw in the single carded g8-r3(r5-a7) and the only one missing is r2-m5 for the complete set. don't make us wait Hasbro, crank that repaint out quick.

Reaction score
I've never been that big on Astromech Droids, I think I only own R2s and the red Astromech that came with the Royal Starship, but this set does look tempting.

Reaction score
So yet another release of the red one where I have to buy other stuff I don't want to get it. And a Walmart exclusive, so each store's got about a 50/50 chance of even getting this.

Reaction score
Really excited about this pack, since I've been debating shelling out cash on eBay for the previous releases of R2-R9 and R2-A6. And even though I've already got the TAC R2-B1, this one has a nicely painted silver dome as opposed to that drab gray, unpainted looking version it came with back then, so I'll be taking that old one's harness and giving it to G8-R3. The R2 also looks nice, so that's a 4/4 win in my book.

Reaction score
I hope they do this when they get around to ANH with the Rebel Pilot Droids.

yeah I'd be for ANH Rebel Pilot Droids. Purchase of the droids set from ANH as well. I'm all in for this set, when are they revealing the Royal Star ship?:)