Royal Guard - **

Reaction score
Royal guards are my favorite Imperial army builders. Hasbro has come oh-so-close to matching the beauty of the 1983 vintage figure, but have never quite gotten there. I'll get a couple of these guys, unless they're 1997-ish.

Reaction score
I wonder what ever happened to this figure? So far, out of the figures seen on that poster earlier this year, this is the only character that so far hasn't been seen in actual action figure form. Actually, the last 4 Saga Legends figures on the poster so far seem like they have been cancelled or postponed. Three of those final four were re-releases (Mace Windu, Darth Maul and 501st Clone Trooper), but it would really be a shame if the Royal Guard has been cancelled. A single carded Rebels Obi-Wan didn't end up happening either, but perhaps what was going to be a Saga Legends figure was just shifted to the 3 pack. Maybe Hasbro or LFL wasn't happy with the Royal Guard's sculpt? Since new figures beyond what is on the poster have since been confirmed, I'm hoping that the Royal Guard has just been pushed back a few waves and hasn't been cancelled altogether.

Reaction score
^Too soon to suggest "cancelled" when considering Jedi temple guard wave ends at #18 and the 3 recented carded pics of pilot luke, bespin Han and skiff lando are #22,23 and 24. I would guess maul, royal guard and 501st could be 19 20 & 21. Mace I would guess be my first guess at being a delayed one

Reaction score
Even if these come out a lot like the POTF2 salt shaker figures I'll be buying atleast 4.

I wasn't able to get the VC Royal Guard and actually like the way the POTF2 figure looked.. these 5poa figures are looking great in likenesses

Reaction score
Wonder what happened to this guy? It's the only figure on that chart we've seen nothing of.

:(

Reaction score
Maybe we'll see him at Celebration. Hoping he'll be one of many reveal figures. I love my POTF2 version, but I'm curious. Might be worth upgrading. What ever happened to Maul, wasn't he supposed to get a single carded US release too?

Reaction score
I hope Hasbro will articulate the legs on this guy like they did the temple guard. Master Fett the Temple guard is worth picking up. I found a few of them at Walmart already. Even with the 5 POA I do hope Hasbro does the Royal guard good. Evan if he doesn't have soft goods Just hope he not going to end up like a statue like the 1997 one did.

Reaction score
It was listed on a poster of upcoming figures quite a while back. It was only a drawing and not a picture of the actual figure, but it felt announced. It was given a slot number that's been skipped over.
It was an image from the film. Yeah since it was on that poster it was seemingly planned. That plan has clearly changed, but I am sure it will still come.

GNT

Reaction score
Most likely pushed back for now but should still be on tap for a future release.

Reaction score
Another 4 months later, another Celebration and SDCC come and gone. Still not even a peep about this figure.

GNT

Reaction score
Toy Fair 2016 is around the corner where they'll say SDCC is around the corner :p

Reaction score
Didn't we already get a Saga Legends-level Royal Guard back in the POTF2 line…??? :grin:

It'll be interesting to see if/when this figure ever surfaces what it looks like.

GNT

Reaction score
Didnt they say they know nothing about it in a SDCC video one of the websites posted?

Reaction score
It's all about The Force Awakens right now for Hasbro. This line, at least the OT aspect, is essentially on hiatus until that hype dies down.

Reaction score
It's all about The Force Awakens right now for Hasbro. This line, at least the OT aspect, is essentially on hiatus until that hype dies down.
True, although the initial assortment of TFA looks likely to be Mission Series/Saga Legends repacks with weapon parts (see recent Argos catalogue reveal; potentially MS Han Solo is being repacked with MS Leia...)

Reaction score
True, although the initial assortment of TFA looks likely to be Mission Series/Saga Legends repacks with weapon parts (see recent Argos catalogue reveal; potentially MS Han Solo is being repacked with MS Leia...)
I think those pictures are just place holders. Although I do think they need to re-release some of the SL figures. The SL line is designed for new fans to be able to pick up the core characters. Availability of past figures should be similar to the vintage line. Or even the Ninja turtles line. I can walk into a store right now and pick up figures from Wave 1 of Ninja Turtles as well as Wave 10? or whatever they are on. It's impressive.

Reaction score
Heres to crossing fingers and hopeing that with the Royal Guards in the Rogue One trailer that this figure will soon see release.

Reaction score
It could be the reason behind Hasbro's denial of this figure. They wee going to release it, then found out it would feature in Rogue One and decided to wait. However, it wouldn't be the first time Hasbro has re-released a figure. So i don't know why it would need to be delayed for the Movie. Double dipping is their middle name.

Reaction score
With the TBS re-release it makes this release more unlikely? But maybe not there have been tons of examples of the same figure being released at the same time in different lines. I would love them to do a Basic line version.

Reaction score
Probably so, since according to Hasbro this doesn't exist, lol

And honestly, with the TVC re-release, I'd have no reason to buy the 5POA version. But I do know some people who'd still want it.

Reaction score
A new 5POA version with a plastic cape is very close to the top of my want list right now. It's one of the last pieces needed to fill out my meager Imperial Army. I had a glimmer of hope for this figure when I saw them in the trailer for Rogue One but I knew it was a long shot - and it looks like it was :(

Reaction score
A new 5POA version with a plastic cape is very close to the top of my want list right now. It's one of the last pieces needed to fill out my meager Imperial Army. I had a glimmer of hope for this figure when I saw them in the trailer for Rogue One but I knew it was a long shot - and it looks like it was :(
well we dont know any of next years releases aside from Raddus so there is still hope

Reaction score
I really hope this figure finally sees release. I was really looking forward to a 5POA Royal Guard with out soft goods.

JVM

Reaction score
Considering my Walmart is still several waves behind, I would eat up a 5POA Royal Guard at this point.