Royal Guard - **

GNT

Reaction score
Sandtroopers.com have posted a picture of the 2014 line up of Mission Series and Saga Legends figures and we can expect to see a Royal Guard figure in the near future.

Who's going to be picking this figure up?

Reaction score
Based off that picture I think it's a safe bet that this will be an animated version from Rebels.

Reaction score
Possible, but given the cost of a resculpt and the demand for the ERG, they may decide just to repack.

Of course, what they'll probably do is keep the body and replace the head with an animated version - just because I want the head for customizing.

GNT

Reaction score
Possible, but given the cost of a resculpt and the demand for the ERG, they may decide just to repack.

Of course, what they'll probably do is keep the body and replace the head with an animated version - just because I want the head for customizing.
The figure should be in the same style as the existing Saga Legends figures aka 5POA so I don't know what body your thinking they should swap around?

Reaction score
Probably gonna be molded like the SL Vader, robes molded onto legs and like the old Kenner figures from the 70's/80's. These figures arent even getting the original TCW treatment in terms of articulation so you cant expect much aside for being statue dummies.

Reaction score
Lord knows I'd rather have six of the VC Guardsmen, but there's no way on earth I could afford that many at the prices ebay now commands. It bums me out, but I've never found even one in the wild, so I have no ERG in my collection.

If I can find these guys, I guess they will have to do.

Reaction score
^

Yep.

At least with the reduced costs of the Legends line, you know we're not getting that EU removable helmet horsecrap that ruined the VC figure.

If the helmet doesn't come off in the film, it shouldn't come off on the figure.

Reaction score
^

Yep.

At least with the reduced costs of the Legends line, you know we're not getting that EU removable helmet horsecrap that ruined the VC figure.

If the helmet doesn't come off in the film, it shouldn't come off on the figure.
It wasn't even EU. It was just a random headsculpt.

Reaction score
The ROTS version is more EU, although it looks Hasbro took some liberties and tied both into the Crimson Empire somehow, which was rather nice I think.

Reaction score
I like these guys to just stand around and look menacing. If the new Palpatine figure from the mission series is an indication of how they will handle the leg articulation, i am fine with it. He will still be able to sit down, and the sculpt will handle the robed look.

Reaction score
Overall, I think the softgoods on the Vintage figures were done a lot better and with more care than the newer ones.

Reaction score
I hope not, never cared for that look. The Vintage one look better IMO!
I am curious though how they'll go with this figure, and whether it will have SG's cape or not.

Reaction score
I hope not, never cared for that look. The Vintage one look better IMO!
I am curious though how they'll go with this figure, and whether it will have SG's cape or not.
Agreed. But, doesn't seem Hasbro is interested in soft goods with the 5poa figures. I'm guessing this will be similar to Palapatine robe in the two pack with Yoda, but hopefully without the waist articulation.

Reaction score
I still got three of the old Kenner ROTJ figures, they aint going anywhere.

Reaction score
Please don't be an EU influenced POS, please don't be an EU influenced POS, please don't be an EU influenced POS…..

Please.

Reaction score
Agreed. But, doesn't seem Hasbro is interested in soft goods with the 5poa figures. I'm guessing this will be similar to Palapatine robe in the two pack with Yoda, but hopefully without the waist articulation.
Hasbro had no problem putting a soft goods cape on Vader in the Mission Series 2-pack, so I don't see any reason to expect another sculpted plastic saltshaker, like the POTF2 figure.

Reaction score
I agree, they should go the Kenner route with this figure - simple 5 POA and one piece of softgoods for the cloak. The Kenner figure looks better than most of the modern versions of that character...

Reaction score
Hasbro had no problem putting a soft goods cape on Vader in the Mission Series 2-pack, so I don't see any reason to expect another sculpted plastic saltshaker, like the POTF2 figure.

Good call totally forgot about that. Carry on then hasbro.

GNT

Reaction score
I have a feeling they'll stick with a cloth robe for this release but I would be ok if it was all sculpted.

Reaction score
Well if thay can do it for the Vintage one, why not SL? Though I do understand not using SG's to keep costs down, which is what this line was invented for.

Reaction score
Something like this, I would imagine:

I won't even buy one if it looks remotely like this. I absolutely hated that figure beyond description.

I love the vintage Kenner fig, and love the recent SA guard figure.

I'd imagine the SL sculpt will be kinda like the vintage Emperor fig...sculpted cape-body but with moveable legs.

Reaction score
Hoping this guy is on display at SDCC! I doubt it will top the original Kenner figure, but I'm still looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

Reaction score
Will this be like the Vintage Emperor in terms of leg articulation, or a salt shaker? I think Hasbro is mulling this over too.