ROTS Vader problem

Reaction score
Anyone els have a problem with your Koto ROTS Vader leaning back too far. The front of the feet on mine are not even touching the base anymore causing him to lean back too much. I tried moving the inner cape to support him, but that has stopped working. Any ideas on how to fix this situation would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marty

Reaction score
Re: Kotobukiya ROTS Vader problem

Mine has the same problem. It's been this way for months. It was getting so bad I had to put some stuff under his base to tilt it forward. It looks awkward, but at least he's not falling back anymore.

Reaction score

The inner cape should come closer to his heels rather than away like a stand - if that fails, try re heating him with a blowdryer and make sure that he is back to his original posture -- then try the cape thing again - close to the heel. Good luck...

Reaction score

demorathis said:
The inner cape should come closer to his heels rather than away like a stand - if that fails, try re heating him with a blowdryer and make sure that he is back to his original posture -- then try the cape thing again - close to the heel. Good luck...

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to give it a try sometime this week.

Reaction score

But why is this happening? Ar the feet holes too large now?

Reaction score

Probably not -- the vinyl is flexible but the pegs are just there to keep him attached to the base - the cape is used to support the extra weight in the rear. Worse comes to worse if the holes are too big, take some pliers or a vice and lightly squuze the feet whilst applying some heat -- or dip in hot water to soften and then use something to squeeze the feet to narrow the holes.

Reaction score

I had used the inner cape to brace him up for a while, but that no longer works. It is the weight of the main cape that is pulling him back. I have thought about using some sort of epoxy on the front part of his feet to attach him to the base so he won't lean back.

Reaction score

Ghostider, you might want to use something like Goop that is removable if you ever need to separate the statue and the base. Goop tends to be sticky, but can be separated and hand rubbed or peeled off if need be. Epoxy tends to melt plastic together, and I'd hate to hear about Vader's feet getting melt-through issues due to epoxy.

Reaction score

Ghostrider said:
I had used the inner cape to brace him up for a while, but that no longer works. It is the weight of the main cape that is pulling him back. I have thought about using some sort of epoxy on the front part of his feet to attach him to the base so he won't lean back.

Can you post a photo or 2?

Reaction score

The idea is that I don't have that kind of problem with my Vader. That's why I'm curious why sometimes this happens...

Reaction score

That is the problem with vinyl and one of the reasons why I stopped collecting Kotos. The kits are amazing but they are definitely weak on their lifespan.

Reaction score

Sergiu said:
The idea is that I don't have that kind of problem with my Vader. That's why I'm curious why sometimes this happens...

I don't either -- although sometimes if the vinyl is made too thin, it is weaker -- that's why some high end vinyl manufacturers have such high standards in testing the quality of the vinyl...heat makes vinyl prone to melting, so part of the problem could stem from that ... the first vader was a problem because the legs wre hollow when they should have been solid - this the variation in the e.v vader.

Reaction score

The first release Vader Koto is much better.

Reaction score

bobafett14 said:
The first release Vader Koto is much better.

Except maybe for his pose - limbo dance Vader...
tongue.gif

Reaction score
Bumping this, sorry. I recently pulled this one out from storage and forgot how it sort of leans back even though the feet are planted flat on the base (including the front of the feet). Promo pics make it look like he should be standing up straight though...