ROTS:- Best and Worst Army Builder?

Should Luke have more articulation?

• Yes, For Sure!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe.

• No, 14 points of articulation is enough!

• Total voters

GNT

Reaction score
Welcome to this weeks ROTS toys section poll.

2005 is a pretty big year for army builders so this weeks poll is what is the best and worst army building figure for 2005? Plenty of army building figures to choose from....

Please vote in the poll below and then share with us why you selected that figure!

Reaction score
BEST: Clone Commander, I chose him because he looks so freakin' sweet!

Worst: Battle Droid, c'mon, who doesn't already have enough of these things?

Reaction score
Best: Clone Trooper #6. Perfect cross between a clone and a stormtrooper. Looks great in a group, especially when led by Anakin or the Commander. And to top it off, he isn't super articulated, which means not everyone is going to buy every single one that they find, making it easy for me to get my six! w00t.

Worst: Battle Droid. I wish they would have made a battle droid that could stand on its own, with legs that did not bend after being up for one freakin' hour. I like the droids, they're fun to have set up like they're some craptacular evil army, but domino physics just run rampant with these.

That's all I've got,
-Evil Potato

Reaction score
i've only chosen from the few figs i've already seen, the clone commander is the best army builder, the worst one may be the battle droids, the legs tend to bend

Reaction score
Best Army builder: CLONE COMMANDER duh!?!!

worst army builder: Mustafar sentry. I mean come on the thing is freakishly tall and i think i have quite enough electric/ lightening effects already.

Reaction score
I think your confusing the musafar sentry with the flea rider,or maybe I'm confusing them, anyway i voted for #41 SA Clone Trooper as the best he should be just as good as the SA Clone Wars Clone Trooper which is an awsome figure.

Reaction score
Best army builder: Clone #6 because he's basically already SA and you can never have too many clones.

Worst army builder: Battle droid. Two words: soft plastic.

Reaction score
Clone commander is the best, IMO, and SBD is the worst, because I have trouble standing mine up, and he keeps falling over when he has his wrist-blaster arm held up.

Reaction score
I chose "General Grievous' Bodyguard - Battle Attack" as the worst army builder, because you only need two, right?

Reaction score
Geester said:
I chose "General Grievous' Bodyguard - Battle Attack" as the worst army builder, because you only need two, right?
According to the cartoon, you can get up to 20.

Reaction score
worst is royal guard cause its so impossible to get. SUper battle droid would be my choice otherwise.

macross7 said:
Geester said:
According to Hasbro you can get 50,000

Reaction score
Best: Clone Commander. ONLY because of the looks. Otherwise, you don't really need TONS of him, I mean hes a commander after all.

Worst: Clone Pilot. He's a pilot. You don't need an army of him, only enough of him to pilot whatever ships you have. Don't get me wrong, I love the figure, its just I dont feel I he's worthy of needing an entire army of.

Reaction score
BEST: Tie Between #6 Clone & #33 Commander. Both have the same articulation. Commander looks better, But as stated above you don;t NEED bilions of him.

WORST: Clone Pilot. When the pics were leaked of scenes with these guys i figured we were gonna get the pilot to end all pilots. the helmet would be removable and a new head perfect for clone,jango,boba customs would be right their. Well all we got was a molded helmet/head half painted face, too fat looking pilot. Don;t get me wrong i still like it. But it;s way below what caould have been done

Reaction score
He's my picks!

BEST: #6 Clone Trooper - WHY- A GREAT figure and (in my area atleast) so easy to find!!

WORST: Battle Droid -WHY - I like the Battle Droids since EPI but Hasbro CAN'T make one with HARD plastic!!

I left the droid on his stand and the next night his leg was already bending!!!!!!!

He is easy to find but why do I want an army of droids that lean to one side and look like their drunk!

Reaction score
By far the macdaddy of all the clones is the clone commander, but for army building I gotta go with clone trooper SA or QD. The Clone Commanders got to have some one to boss around. Plus they're cool to paint designs on. I already did a couple of shocktroopers.

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Geester said:
Oh really? I didn't see that cartoon. Was that in Clone Wars: Volume 2? If so, that would explain it!

Reaction score
The best so far is the Clone Trooper. You can buy as many as you want, and not feel guilty about it.
I really wanted to say the Clone Commander, but unless you have a vast army of clones for them to lead, it's not really an army builder.
The worst so far, I think, is the Clone Pilot. While they are cool, I don't think an army of them is needed, unless you got a ton of ships for them to pilot.

Reaction score
WORST: Clone Commander - yes, he looks freakin' cool, but I can't see an ARMY of these guys! He's a commander, an elite trooper! On sheer looks, I would say the Destroyer Droid, 'cuz it looks to be the EXACT SAME ONE from the Saga line.

BEST: Although the Clones( esp. #6 & #41 )come in highly, I would have to say the Neimoidian Warrior comes in first, 'cuz this is a totally new kind of army builder, yet still ties in to Ep.1 & 2, & just looks cool as all get-out too!

Reaction score
Best - Clone Commander Worst - Super Battle Droid, that thing does not stand but my normal BD stands fine!

Reaction score
The Best: Clone #41. Although it's not out yet I think it's going to make army building that much more fun due to the articulation possibilities.

Not so Good: Grevious Guards: The Big G only has so many bodyguards to protect his shinney butt so for the army buildre you're actually capped off from you could build up to.

Reaction score
How can we vote on numbers 41-56 if we don't even have them yet?

Reaction score
I do not think you can really go wrong on any of the clones. Until #41 comes out I say #6 is the best for army building because you have alot of custom options you can do with him. You can even swap out the shoulder pauldron and helmet pad from the AT-TE gunner with #6 and have yet another look for that figure. With the Clones you have a tone of options. The Commanders are not bad and looks wise are very cool but the options with them really is more limited unless you do some custom work on them.

As for the worst I say any battle droid since most people have them already in their collection. Plus the regular battle droids head does not fit on the post well.

Figures I am really look foward to army build with that are not released yet are the Wookie and Neimoidian Warrior. The Wookie with a recolor and some dry brushing should turn out great.

Over all this will be one of the best years for army building ever. Well maybe not 97 was awesome but todays figures blow those away.

Reaction score
Best: GG's Bodyguards!!!!

Worst: Battle Droids have limpy legs, Droidekas are the best of the Seperatist army besides GG's Bodyguards and GG himself.

GNT

Reaction score
Best - Clonetrooper #6 - Yeah it may have a couple slight problems but it's a great figure IMO for army building scenes. Plus the gun is pretty solid as well!

Wost - number 8 Magna Guards - while I'm sure they'd look ok standing around, I don't like the cloak, the loose arms and no articulated legs. Worst army builder yet.

Reaction score
Best: Wookie Warrior-Not because he's better just because an army of Wookies would make me smile.

Worst: Definitely the Battle Droids, these things wore out their welcome in my opinion back in Episode I...

Reaction score
BEST: Clone Commander! this guy is just to cool looking!

WORST: Vaders Medical Droid!..what a piece of @#%$

Special Recoignition: The AT-TE Gunner gets my nod for the worst eye sculpt! His eyes are crossed!!!!

Reaction score
Sithmatic said:
BEST: Clone Commander! this guy is just to cool looking!

WORST: Vaders Medical Droid!..what a piece of @#%$

Special Recoignition: The AT-TE Gunner gets my nod for the worst eye sculpt! His eyes are crossed!!!!
Vaders Medical Droid is an army builder???

Reaction score
Vaders Medical Droid is an army builder???

[/QUOTE]

Well I did buy two in anticpation of the Deluxe Re-Build Vader!..

Reaction score
Sithmatic said:
What! There can't be an army of Medical Droids out there?..
That's a scary thought.

I'd rather be blasted to death than hacked and cut to death

Reaction score
i went with the wookiee for the best because we already have stormtroopers and clones aren't much different. But it just looks cool to have rows of wookiee's in 10x10 or 50x50 led by a chewbacca and tarrfull