ROTJ History: Gerald Home's Creature Info.

Reaction score
I’m just glad we got to digitally meet him. I never knew of a celebrity doing this kind of fan outreach before or since.

I painted up a whole squad each of lead Mon Cals and Quarren, I was going to stage a pic of them in a wargame facing each other and title it “a sad case of Gerald on Gerald crime”. I kept procrastinating though and now I’ll never get to. I think he would’ve gotten a kick out of it. Don’t wait, scummers! Call your grandma or tell your uncle how they made a difference in your life.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got to meet Gerald a couple of years ago at a convention in my home state. He was so humble, friendly and truly kind; even gave me a special autograph just for being a member of this forum. He had time for everyone; it was apparent he was honestly enjoying himself. It was a fun experience. The news of his passing hit me like a fist. He'll be missed indeed.

Reaction score
That sucks. I don't see where he ever said he was sick. Guess he was very upbeat and never let on. We were talking in PMs as well as this thread.

What a great guy and I'm sad for the loss

Reaction score
Reaction score
I’m just glad we got to digitally meet him. I never knew of a celebrity doing this kind of fan outreach before or since.

I painted up a whole squad each of lead Mon Cals and Quarren, I was going to stage a pic of them in a wargame facing each other and title it “a sad case of Gerald on Gerald crime”. I kept procrastinating though and now I’ll never get to. I think he would’ve gotten a kick out of it. Don’t wait, scummers! Call your grandma or tell your uncle how they made a difference in your life.
That is true. For him to take time out to comment on Rebelscum was a real treat. My prayers are with his family.

Reaction score
Terrible news, on a generally terrible week. He really made this place & SW fandom in general enjoyable (Especially when otherwise it wasn't)

He will be missed.

May the road rise to meet you:
May the wind be always at your back,
The sun shine warm upon your face,
The rain fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Reaction score
In honor of our dear departed friend. , I am making a request to make this a sticky thread.

What do you say mods.. please
I second this!!

I've been a bit disappointed nothing was mentioned on the main site as this thread was pretty much keeping the section alive.

Reaction score
I was watching a documentary on Aliens [Movies that made us] (which was filming across the way from little shop of horrors) I really wanted to ask him if he did any work on that film.

Reaction score
I was watching a documentary on Aliens [Movies that made us] (which was filming across the way from little shop of horrors) I really wanted to ask him if he did any work on that film.
He was 1 of 2 puppet masters controlling Audrey II, in fact I bought an Audrey pop for him to sign when he was scheduled to come to Florida in February. I will keep it regardless now

Reaction score
Well Gerald, we finally got a LEGO Squidhead. RIP my fine fellow.

6LJ3Pmp.png