ROTJ History: Gerald Home's Creature Info.

Reaction score
Tessek one figure we need in the Vintage Collection.
Yeah I am surprised how relatively rarely he's been released. I wanted to get a 1990's cheap one for my kids to open and play with, and they are apparently pretty darn rare.

Reaction score
Thanks very much for these fantastic pics, TauntaunScout. I'm amazed that I've never seen or heard of this stuff before. Yes, carded Tessek-Squid Head figures at reasonable prices are very hard to come by, especially here in the UK.

jedimasterc, I've been saying for years that the creatures of Jabba's court need more merchandise! Since 1983, there have only been 2 Squid Head/Tessek figures. Two figures in 37 years! Same with my Mon Calamari Officer - one action figure and one Lego figure. Not even a duo MCO and Ackbar set, which would have been very popular.

Thank you for your interest and loyalty to Squid Head!

Gerald

Reaction score
Thanks very much for these fantastic pics, TauntaunScout. I'm amazed that I've never seen or heard of this stuff before. Yes, carded Tessek-Squid Head figures at reasonable prices are very hard to come by, especially here in the UK.

jedimasterc, I've been saying for years that the creatures of Jabba's court need more merchandise! Since 1983, there have only been 2 Squid Head/Tessek figures. Two figures in 37 years! Same with my Mon Calamari Officer - one action figure and one Lego figure. Not even a duo MCO and Ackbar set, which would have been very popular.

Thank you for your interest and loyalty to Squid Head!

Gerald
Indeed Tessek is a very recognizable character in Jabba’s court. I would love to have him on a vintage style card back. Also it’s awesome you take some time to come on here and give your insight. Seeing you were in the thick of Return Of The Jedi(a Star Wars film I remember seeing in 1983).I hope to see you at other cons in the future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This information just in from Squid Head mega-fan Vicki:

How cool! Squid Head is getting some love at last!

Here's a link to the LeftCoast Graphics facebook page, where you'll see they do prints, patches, enamel pins and other items:

By the way, jedimasterc, you say you hope to see me at "other cons" in the future. So, have we met already? Please message me some info about yourself.

I did a video interview/chat with Star Wars Turkey last week, which turned out very well. It's VERY long and has a LOT of info! I'll post a link to it when it's online.

Gerald

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, I did ICC in Nashville/Franklin in 2018 and 2019, thanks to brilliant organiser, vintage-lover and top guy Mike Havens. His show will get bigger and bigger every year. It's a shame we didn't meet there. Remember, Everyone: come and chat to me at shows, even if you don't want an autograph.

By the way, I've added a link to LeftCoast Graphics in my previous post so you can see the prints, patches, enamel pins etc. which they make. Here's the link again:

Cheers.

Gerald

Reaction score
Greetings from my corner of the Star Wars universe, very hot and humid London.

I want to tell you about a video interview I did recently, via Zoom, with 3 guys I know in Star Wars fan groups in Turkey. It's now on YouTube for you all to see. It's unique as I give a lot of information in it. If you've never seen me or heard me give a talk/Q&A, this will show you the kind of talk I do at conventions. (Don't worry, it's in English, except for short bits at the beginning and end of the video.)

As you'll see in the video, I talk (and show) a lot of the "treasures" fans have given me. Since I recorded the interview, I have received more treasure! This lot came from TauntaunScout and his younglings. If you remember, TauntaunScout recently posted photos and info about Squid Head moulds and Play-Doh, which I didn't know about before. He and his Padawans are huge Squid Head fans, and it gave me great joy to receive their kind gifts. Here they are for you to see:

Ruby and Eli-smlr.jpg

Hope you're all safe and well.

Gerald

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, Mike, happy chickens = happy eggs = happy Gerald!

(I must admit It took me a while to work out what "happy egg" you were talking about!)

Reaction score
HA! And here I thought it was the perfect product placement to convey your mood. ;)

Reaction score
Tonight we got home and there was mail from the UK on the doorstep! Thanks Gerald!

I told the kids we had mail from Squid Head, and if they were ready for bed in 5 minutes, we could open it before bed, otherwise they'd have to wait till tomorrow. I've never seen them get ready so quickly and quietly.

Gerald sent each kid and me an autograph! They want to frame them for the playroom. We'll have to start an autograph collection!

Reaction score
The kids with their mail, after getting good and dirty running around outside all morning. They are psyched! Now they want to write to ALL the Star Wars creatures. If you have any friends that want a box of crafts from two kids, let me know! They're already making me get to work on coming up with Wicket crafts for them to send Warwick Davis though I doubt we have a prayer of actually reaching him.

Reaction score
Fantastic! Glad to hear the photos arrived safely. Thanks for the pic of the kids with their photos. Very cute! It's great to see where my signed photos end up.

I suggest you write to Warwick and tell him about his young fans. There must be a contact address for him online.

All the best from Squid Head.

Reaction score
All I have found is an agent's contact info for hiring him for acting jobs. I did find an email address too, but it bounced.

The kids also really like the picture of you with their crafts, so, I figured what goes around comes around...

Reaction score
I bought a Mon Calamari Officer 3.75" figure today for the kids, cause the store didn't have Tessek!

Reaction score
Excellent! You're lucky to have found a Mon Calamari Officer figure in the store. You wouldn't find one in any store here.

Reaction score
Excellent! You're lucky to have found a Mon Calamari Officer figure in the store. You wouldn't find one in any store here.
It was not at a regular shop, it was Toy & Comic Book Heaven in Willow Grove, PA. A great store with lots of vintage Star Wars stuff!

Reaction score
Get out the dice and rulers. A squad of @Gerald_Home 's for a tabeltop battle near you. Cast in lead, and later lead-free pewter, for West End Game's Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game and Star Wars: Miniatures Battles. The pistol toting one was simply titled "Mon Calamari" and packaged in the boxed set Rebel Characters, while the other is "Admiral Ackbar" from the boxed set Return of the Jedi. When the boxes were discontinued, both figures were available in the blister pack Mon Calamari. It contained two of the trooper and one of Ackbar.

Reaction score
Yes, I did ICC in Nashville/Franklin in 2018 and 2019, thanks to brilliant organiser, vintage-lover and top guy Mike Havens. His show will get bigger and bigger every year. It's a shame we didn't meet there. Remember, Everyone: come and chat to me at shows, even if you don't want an autograph.

By the way, I've added a link to LeftCoast Graphics in my previous post so you can see the prints, patches, enamel pins etc. which they make. Here's the link again:

Cheers.

Gerald
If you are in the Nashville area heck even Huntsville Alabama I would be glad to meet you.

Reaction score
Thank you, TauntaunScout - once again you have told me stuff I didn't know before! The figures look amazing!

jedimasterc, it's very early days, so we'll have to wait and see if I make it to Nashville again next year.

Here I am with some new treasure which Rick from LeftCoast Graphics very kindly sent me:

Gerald Home LeftCoast Graphics pics-smlr.jpg

Stay safe.

Gerald

Reaction score
They (Grenadier, for West End) also made a metal "Squid Head" in the Jabba's Palace box, later released in the blister Aliens of the Galaxy #2 iirc. When I paint some up I'll post them. Trying to acquire enough for a list legal stand-alone squad of quarren.