ROTJ History: Gerald Home's Creature Info.

Reaction score
Yes, Ricky, the best swag always comes from fans.

This is to let you know that I'll be at Echo Base Live's event MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU next Saturday in Redditch, not far from Birmingham. There will be 5 of us Star Wars guests, as you see here:

Vintage Palitoy designer Bob Brechin will be a guest too. I look forward to meeting him:

Here's the event's Facebook page with all the details:

https://www.facebook.com/EchoBaseLIVE/

Hope to see some of you there.

Gerald

Reaction score
Yes, Ricky, the best swag always comes from fans.

This is to let you know that I'll be at Echo Base Live's event MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU next Saturday in Redditch, not far from Birmingham. There will be 5 of us Star Wars guests, as you see here:

Vintage Palitoy designer Bob Brechin will be a guest too. I look forward to meeting him:

Here's the event's Facebook page with all the details:

https://www.facebook.com/EchoBaseLIVE/

Hope to see some of you there.

Gerald
Great to see you on the list for Echo Base Live ... I'm happy to say that I'm going to be adding a second Mon Cal to my Stormtrooper helmet this weekend at SWFFD in Burnley

Tim Rose is attending along with Mike Quinn and Michael Culver - all of who will be added to the helmet you signed at Birmingham in November 2017 ... recently added Caroline Blakiston at Sci Fi Scarborough in February

I'm quickly running out of space on it and will have to consider when to retire it ... as with every project it will never feel finished but the memories and experiences I've had along the way with it are amazing

I already have a second helmet signing going on ( Boba Fett ) and I plan on starting a Rogue One and then a sequal trilogy helmet in the future ... devastated I never got to meet Carrie and Kenny before their passing and equally upset I didn't manage to get Dave to sign a Vader helmet before he left the circuit

Celebration 2017 was my first ever convention - I wish I'd not let anxiety get in my way before then and actually joined this amazing community a long time ago

It's thanks to people like you that have made these experiences positive ... thank you again for your ongoing enthusiasm and contribution

Mal Skelton

Reaction score
Mal, thanks very much for your lovely post and kind words. Thanks also for the photos and info. Nice to see my autograph on those very special items. I've been talking to Caroline a lot this year about various things. She's amazing, still working hard and making plans.

I'm looking forward to May the Fourth be with You in Redditch enormously. For the first time in the UK, I will have my beautiful new Tessek-Squid Head patch on my table! Here's a scan of it:

The patch was designed for me by Les Héritiers de la Force in France, and printed by Moritz Embroidery in the US. Moritz did a great job and made my chest plate with some sort of gold thread! I love it. (Those of you who know me know I'm scrupulous about giving credit where it's due, so there now is the usual Lucasfilm credit on the patch.)

I have 2 events coming up very soon in the US, one of which hasn't been announced yet. Let's just say that Simon Williamson and I will be flying south after the East Coast Comic Con in New Jersey in 2 weeks time! Stay tuned!

Happy collecting.

Gerald

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greetings Earthlings!

I have some news for you: I have 2 events coming up in the US in the next 2 weeks...

As I've told you before, I'll be at the East Coast Comicon in Secaucus, New Jersey, next weekend, May 17-19. The guest list is very impressive, as you'll see here:

https://www.eastcoastcomicon.com/media-guests/

https://www.facebook.com/eastcoastcomicon

And I'm very happy to tell you the news that Simon Williamson and I will be going directly to Texas after New Jersey, to sign at the Order 66 Toys store, in Allen, near Dallas, on Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd May. Details will be announced here:

https://order66toyshop.com/

https://www.facebook.com/order66toystx

We Brits are always excited to go to America, so we're hoping to see a lot of you in New Jersey and Texas.

Cheers.

Gerald

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh and the worst thing is, I was supposed to go in New Jersey without telling you... but I've been called on duty for the Lieutenant-Governor, so, I'll be aide-de-camp!

I told them, that I was supposed to be aide-de-camp for the Senior Quarren who was leaving Mon Calamari for a quick visit on a foreign planet but I've been told to choose wisely my priorities! I told them I did my choice and they threatened me to not let me go on Mon Calamari at the end of the month... they are wiser than I thought!!

So, the only thing I can do right now is to hope that the Senior Quarren will be well received on this foreign planet. I'm happy to know that Max Rebo will be close to him... don't get fooled by Max's strange shape! He has magical fingers but also very fast hands. He can beat anyone rapidly! Everything should go well!!

Have a nice trip Senior Quarren and enjoy your stay in this foreign world. I heard the inhabitants are just wonderful... nothing to see with Mighty Jabba's people...

Cheers,

signed: Junior Quarren

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh and the worst thing is, I was supposed to go in New Jersey without telling you... but I've been called on duty for the Lieutenant-Governor, so, I'll be aide-de-camp!

I told them, that I was supposed to be aide-de-camp for the Senior Quarren who was leaving Mon Calamari for a quick visit on a foreign planet but I've been told to choose wisely my priorities! I told them I did my choice and they threatened me to not let me go on Mon Calamari at the end of the month... they are wiser than I thought!!

So, the only thing I can do right now is to hope that the Senior Quarren will be well received on this foreign planet. I'm happy to know that Max Rebo will be close to him... don't get fooled by Max's strange shape! He has magical fingers but also very fast hands. He can beat anyone rapidly! Everything should go well!!

Have a nice trip Senior Quarren and enjoy your stay in this foreign world. I heard the inhabitants are just wonderful... nothing to see with Mighty Jabba's people...

Cheers,

signed: Junior Quarren
Thank you, Junior. I'm sure the inhabitants of the territory they call America will look after me well.

And thank you Martin, for such a wonderfully clever, funny post! I think I should explain it to the other (Rebel)Scummers...

Martin is the New Squid on the Block, who I met in Canada in February. He's Junior, and because I'm an ancient Quarren, I'm Senior! Here's a photo of us I posted before, showing us doing our Squid Head poses:

And here's another photo of us, with masks off:

In real life, Martin is a soldier in the Canadian army, aide-de-camp (helper) to very important people in Québec. I like to think of him as a protocol droid.

What he's saying in his funny post is this: he was going to surprise me at the con in New Jersey this weekend, but he has to work instead. That would have been a nice surprise, but no worries - because he will be coming to my home planet Mon Calamari, aka London, on a very important mission, at the end of this month, so we'll meet again very soon.

I'm still smiling at Martin's post. You guys always make me feel good.

Time for a senior nap.

Senior Quarren

Last edited:
Reaction score
What a wonderful year I'm having in Star Wars Fanland! The 2 events in New Jersey and Texas 2 weeks ago were brilliant, and I met many, many Star Wars fans I've never met before. It was also good to work closely with my friend Max...Max Rebo, that is, also known as Simon Williamson. While in Texas, we did an interview with the excellent Brandon and Jason of Talking Bay 94. It was their first-ever joint interview - LIVE FROM JABBA'S PALACE!

My voice was very bad at the time because of a viral infection, but I think you'll enjoy the interview:

Here's a pic of Brandon, Simon and me:

And last week i had a great time here in London with the "Québec Tessek", Martin, who was visiting from Canada. Here we are outside the Actors Centre in theatreland:

I'm having a break from travelling for a couple of months, to concentrate on some personal issues, and then I'll have a very busy autumn, with 3 more events in the US and others in Europe.

It's a long time since any of you asked me a question, so remember to ask, if you want to know what I know.

All the best.

Gerald

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was so great getting to see you again ... and recording such a fun anniversary episode with the two of you!

Glad you made it back home safe. See you soon!

-Brandon

Reaction score
Yes, Brandon, we will see each other again soon, sooner than you know, if our plans work out! Watch this space!

Here's another photo from the recent East Coast Comic Con in New Jersey, taken at our panel. With me are Simon Williamson (Max Rebo), Mark Dodson (Salacious Crumb) and moderator Taylor Goodson of the 501st Northeast Remnant Garrison:

All the best.

Gerald

Reaction score
I can't believe it took me this long to find this amazing thread! 40 minutes later and I only made through the first two pages. Thanks, Gerald, for your amazing insights into the making of ROTJ.

Reaction score
Hi Gerald

With Martin's amazing Quarren costume as inspiration ... I wondered whether you've ever thought of doing an incognito walk at Celebration ??

I've seen Adam Savage's videos on Youtube of him blending in around the show floor at San Diego and wondered whether you had thought of doing something similar

I think the 40th Anniversary of Jedi in a few years would be an awesome Celebration for you - I hope they do a Jabba's palace reunion as well as a Mon Cal photo shoot and invite you all along ( would be even better if it was in London ... )

In Orlando they had a life size Jabba statue ... they are missing a trick if they don't bring you creature performers back for photoshoots with that

Can you imagine walking around Celebration dressed in a replica of your ROTJ costume with nobody knowing it was you - I think it would be awesome

Mal Skelton

Reaction score
Nerfherder, thanks for your lovely post and welcome to Calamarimen Land! I see you're in Denver, CO, one of the cities in the US I most want to visit. I'll get there one day. Please PM me and tell me a bit about yourself.

Mal, I've never thought of walking around a con dressed as Tessek, incognito, but now that you mention it...it would be interesting! One day maybe. And yes, it would be great to get us Jabba's Palace performers together for Celebration. By the way, Martin has plans for improving his Tessek costume, and is writing a guide for others who also want to make a Tessek costume.

Speaking of Tessek, last night in Québec, a bunch of fans got together to do some fund-raising for the fan film QUE LE FAN SOIT AVEC TOI / MAY THE FAN BE WITH YOU. They said they were thinking of me and took this wonderful photo, which made me smile and brought a tear to my eye at the same time. How fantastic of them to think of me and pose as Tessek for this fun photo, and to send it to me:

And here's a preview of the fan film - you'll see me near the end of it:

https://www.facebook.com/mtfanbwy/videos/571016613377119/UzpfSTUwNDc1Mjc4NjI1MTYyODoyMjAyMDY1NDkzMTg3MDA3/

Gerald

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greetings, (Rebel)scummers, I have some news for you:

This coming weekend, I'll be in Gothenburg, Sweden, for Echo Base Live, Scandinavia, Episode 1 (Saturday 24 August). I'm thrilled and honoured to be the first-ever guest at this first-time event. I've been to Sweden several times before as a tourist and to visit friends, but this will be my first time signing there. I love Firsts! Here's info about the event:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=360905438072439&story_fbid=472007653628883

https://www.facebook.com/EchoBaseLIVEScandinavia/

I remind you that I'll be going back to the US in mid-September, for 2 exciting conventions: ICCC in Nashville, TN (September 13-15) and Ancient City Con in St. Augustine, FL (September 20-22).

Nashville info - make sure you see the Guests AND Panelists sections:

https://iccollectorsconvention.com/

https://iccollectorsconvention.com/guest-stars/

https://iccollectorsconvention.com/panelists/

I'll be doing a panel/Q&A on September 14 at ICCC with my Return of the Jedi colleagues Stephen Constantino, Sean Crawford, Tim Dry and Simon Williamson. My chum Kevin Liell will be hosting the Q&A. It will be live streamed on the ICCC facebook page at 4:30 pm, so set your alarm clocks for that!

I'll have 3 days to be a tourist in Florida before ACC starts, so I'll see historic St. Augustiine and other places and cities. I know a lot of you live in or near FL, so I hope you come and see me there. Remember, I can tell you things in person which I can't put into writing! Florida is another First for me! Here's the ACC website:

http://www.ancientcitycon.com/

I have another con in Spain coming up soon, but I can't tell you about that until early September, and it looks like I'll be going back to the US in December. All very exciting!

On a personal note (and very off-topic) I've had 2 operations this summer (both successful). One of the ops was to replace the cataract-covered lens in my left eye with a new lens! I can now see clearly without glasses for the first time in my life! I'll get a new lens in my right eye in October. I'm gradually turning into The Bionic CalamariMan! I hope you recognise me next time you see me, without my glasses!

All the best for now.

Gerald

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wes,

Which con are you going to in December? PM me if you don't want to post the info here. It is time we met, so let's hope that happens soon.

I'm leaving now for Echo Base Live in Sweden. I'll be meeting lots of lovely fans from all over Europe - and singing lots of ABBA songs, and eating lots of smorgasbord and meatballs, hopefully!

Gerald

Reaction score
Thank you for hosting this thread! It has been very informative!

A question regarding the identity of one of the performers in both Jabba’s Palace and on the Sail Barge sets. Never officially named (as far as I know), we’ve been referring to him as “the Priest” due to his black cassock. To me, he bears a striking resemblance to stunt coordinator Peter Diamond, who was also on set in the Sergeant Doallyn and lighhtman costumes; however, I haven’t been able to confirm or refute this. Any input into his identity?

A few more images here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/ALQp3pR

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jaeger45,

I'm glad you're enjoying this thread. (I invite you to PM me with some info about yourself, please.)

I've never been asked about Peter Diamond before, so thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I can't help. Yes, it does look like Peter in the photos, though I remember him as slightly older than he looks in the photos. I could be wrong.

There's one "clue" in the photo which you've marked with the red arrow, which only a performer would recognise, I think: the person in the photo has a big, confident smile. That suggests to me that he's a person of some importance, not just a regular performer or extra.

I have a suggestion: Do you know the stunt performer/director Paul Weston? He has had a fantastic career and is a lovely, very friendly guy, with a million stories to tell. He played Vedain on the skiff. In fact, he broke his leg in one of the skiff scenes! He's English,and lives in England, but was invited to go to Arizona to film those scenes. He would definitely know what Peter Diamond looked like in 1982, so I suggest you write to him via his website and ask him if he would look at your photos and tell you if it's Peter. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I've just been booked for a show in London for later this year, my first event in London since 2012. I'll give you details when it's announced. In the meantime, you might like an interview I did in Sweden last weekend. The podcast is in Swedish, but my part is in English. My part starts about 1:14:55:

https://soundcloud.com/rebellradion/rebellradion-107-augusti-2019

Wes, thanks for your PM!

All the best.

Gerald

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you so much for replying! Paul Weston seems like a great idea.
Please give Paul my best wishes if and when you contact him.

...................................................................................................

I have some new dates and events for you:

As you know, I'll be at Mike Havens' amazing ICCC in Nashville this coming weekend, and at Ancient City Con in St. Augustine, Florida the weekend after that. (I'll have 3 days to be a tourist in between the 2 cons.) I'll be in the US for nearly 2 weeks, and when I return to London I'll have less than 2 days at home before I go to this event in Murcia, Spain, September 27-29:

Here's the facebook page for that - you'll see a video from me there soon:

https://www.facebook.com/salonmangamolinadesegura/

After that, I'll get a new lens in my right eye, and rest my eye for several weeks, until my next con after that - the London Film Fair, Sunday November 17, my first event in London since 2012. Here are the website and facebook links - you'll see info from me on the website forum:

https://www.londonfilmconvention.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/LondonFilmFair/

That's all good news. The only sad news I have for you is that my trip to the US in December for the premiere of The Rise of Skywalker has been cancelled by the organiser, for understandable reasons.

See you on the road!

Gerald

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best of luck on the eye surgery!

My father in-law was born in St. Augustine, so we went there for vacations many a time. Lovely historic city!

Reaction score
Mike,

Thanks for the best wishes. Good to hear from you.

So you know St. Augustine? I can't wait to see it.

Your part of the US - the Washington DC / Maryland area remains top of my wish list of places to visit. One day, hopefully.

All the best.

Gerald

Reaction score
I have a new, last-minute booking to tell you about - in Lausanne, Switzerland, this coming weekend, Sunday 27th October. This is another "first" for me, and you know how I love firsts - first time signing in Switzerland. In fact, my first time ever in Switzerland. I'll be a tourist in Geneva on Saturday and in Lausanne on Monday. Here are the Lausanne Fantasy website and Facebook pages:

https://lausannefantasy.ch/

https://www.facebook.com/LausanneFantasy/

I've been very busy in the last 6 weeks, going to fantastic cons in Nashville, then Florida, then Spain. Here are some photos taken at ICCC in Nashville:

Here I am with my new friend Mark Austin, Boba Fett in the Special Edition of A New Hope. It was the first time we had met and we quickly became friends. I hope more of you will meet him in the future. He's English and now lives in Los Angeles with his family. He's still working behind-the-scenes in the business. He's doing some work with Disney right now:

Here I am with young Boba Fett, Daniel Logan. We had a nice chat and he was on very good form:

And here I am with 2 legends of the Star Wars universe, Timothy Zahn and Steve Sansweet:

I have 2 events in the UK in November, the London Film Fair on the 17th and a charity con in Croydon on the 30th. I'll end my travels in fanland with a con in Poland before Christmas - details about that coming soon.

All the best for now.

Gerald

Last edited: