Rose - Resistance Tech

Reaction score
I'm looking at one of my BS Rose's thinking she'd make an easy Ardon Crell from Jabba's Palace.

Remove her hair and sculpt his. Then get a piece of red cloth for the headband. Paint her body darker and give her some bandolier action.

Here's the wookiepedia page on him: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ardon_Crell

And this is no dig at the actress. I really think the figure of Rose matches Crell. :{h

Reaction score
The figure does not really look feminine, so I could see using the body for a man.

Reaction score
The figure does not really look feminine, so I could see using the body for a man.
Yea it doesn't really need to be used for lady Ghostbuster. Perfect for a custom Ray Stantz or Peter Venkman...B)

Reaction score
The figure will likely need a few inches in the lg department though, for Male Ghostbuster that is.

Reaction score
The latest BS wave.

Such odd choices for the wave. I guess Hasbro thought with all the Finn and Poe figures from TFA still hanging on the pegs, they didn't need to release them. Really shocked we didn't get a TLJ Rey figure though. Should have bumped the executioner for her.
Either way, I have yet to see any of these figures in stores yet. Probably show up next Christmas, like the mass shipment of the ERG / Lando wave that is finally getting sent out from Walmart warehouses.

Reaction score
With all the pegwarming Rey figures, I'm glad they didn't. There's no need for another instance as with 5POA, where they add a smock. What the line really needed was more selection of characters. Finn in Imperial Disguise would have been perfect, covering two birds with one stone. Also wondering why no Hux by now?!

I can also see the necessity of reissuing TVC Chewy, he's about due now that he' in a new Trilogy. Although I'd take a head re-sculpt over a straight repack.
Also wouldn't mind a few of the background Rebels.

Reaction score
I would have preferred a TLJ Rey instead of Rose because I like her TLJ Jedi outfit better than what she wore in TFA. I think Hasbro may have decided a figure like TLJ Rey would be better in the TVC line and maybe knowing that so many TBS figures from TFA were still sitting around, they decided to go with 4 different characters in hopes that the film might help clear out the older figures as well.

After seeing TLJ, outside of Luke, Leia, and Han figures, there really aren't many ST figures that I'm interested in.

Reaction score
I can also see the necessity of reissuing TVC Chewy, he's about due now that he' in a new Trilogy.
Chewie was in the first 3 3/4 Black Series wave in the new red boxes and peg-warmed for months (years, if you're in the UK).

Reaction score
I don't need him, I just remember so many people wanting a repack was all. I had totally forgotten about the TBS figure, because it feels like my Collecting has been on hiatus since 2012...

Having said that though, he seems a likely figure for a Han Solo movie.

Reaction score
With all the pegwarming Rey figures, I'm glad they didn't. There's no need for another instance as with 5POA, where they add a smock. What the line really needed was more selection of characters. Finn in Imperial Disguise would have been perfect, covering two birds with one stone. Also wondering why no Hux by now?!
Yeah, I'm surprised by the Black Series choices and I think FO Finn would have been a no-brainer. I'm delighted we got Rose, since I prefer new characters, but I'm seriously shocked a SA Rey didn't make it out. Maybe in the upcoming Vintage line? Who knows? It seems like their output is just going to continue to dwindle as the years pass...

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm surprised by the Black Series choices and I think FO Finn would have been a no-brainer. I'm delighted we got Rose, since I prefer new characters, but I'm seriously shocked a SA Rey didn't make it out. Maybe in the upcoming Vintage line? Who knows? It seems like their output is just going to continue to dwindle as the years pass...
My only thougt about the Vintage Collection Rey is that they already showed her on card, and it's a direct repack of the boxed TFA figure. Unless they cancel the TFA and give us a TLzJ figure instead, I can't see getting two versions of her early on in the line relaunch.

Reaction score
It could ahve been a mock up just to showcase the line, as it always says in fine print. "Pending vendor approval" So my guess is that anything can change between showroom and retail, and has in the past.

Reaction score
Finally broke down and got the 5 POA one's head to use here.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize till after I opened it that the hairline was glued crooked. I'll have to fix that later.

Reaction score
My only thougt about the Vintage Collection Rey is that they already showed her on card, and it's a direct repack of the boxed TFA figure. Unless they cancel the TFA and give us a TLzJ figure instead, I can't see getting two versions of her early on in the line relaunch.
Yeah. I know the repack is coming, but you're right, it would make sense to spread them far apart. So no TLJ Rey for a while. Maybe they'll just wait for Ep9, like they did with TFA Luke. (assuming she wears the same outfit, which is not at all a given.)

Reaction score

Unfortunately, I didn't realize till after I opened it that the hairline was glued crooked. I'll have to fix that later.
That's what I did with my Rose, too. And I love that quick Leia custom, I'll have to do that, too.

Reaction score

I think your Rose is too feminine now. And the Leia looks off. They don't look bad, just off.

And it's odd, I have two each of the BS Rose and TFA Leia and both headsculpts on both figures are fine. The two Rey's I have only suffer from rosy red cheeks. Maybe a good and bad painter in the assembly line?

Also, your Leia reminds me of Cerci in GOT. :{J

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Black Series Rose, and I think it just looks odd.

Does it really look like that in person?

Reaction score
I have two of her and I think it looks pretty much just like her in the film. The actress isn't as pale in my opinion.

I had to cut a little away around her armpits to get her to hold the rifle correctly. :{J

Reaction score
Finally got one today due to the $8.84 sale, and she really is the definition of average. It’s just a very bland figure, and the proportions are incredibly wonky. Don’t own it, but the 5POA definitely looks better. Also, lost the taser already!

Reaction score
Finally got one today due to the $8.84 sale, and she really is the definition of average. It’s just a very bland figure, and the proportions are incredibly wonky. Don’t own it, but the 5POA definitely looks better. Also, lost the taser already!
Agreed. I really wish they could have given her a better outfit in the film.
A

Reaction score
what figures are involved with the Leia custom? Is this a more accurate Leia seen in tlj, then the 5 poa one on the pegs now?
It's not more accurate. It's just the easiest way to get a super articulated Leia. All I did was remove the plastic cloak from the BS Leia and then put the TLJ head and cloak on that BS one.

Reaction score
That's actually a great deal for the figure. She's kind of bland, but you can make more Resistance techs with the body.

Reaction score
I suppose, but I'd rather the repaint the Yavin Ground Crew that color. Then I'd buy multiples.

Reaction score
The only problem now is that I am just a couple of figures away from completing the WM exclusive line. Excluding the elusive Scarif Trooper, I don't really want any of the other figs, but the temptation is there.

Reaction score
I kept the taser in the box.

Reaction score
Looks pretty good!

I know Hasbro isn't into "imagined" figures as much anymore, not is the average customer, but I feel they could benefit by doing things just like this instead of constant repacks. Definitely not something for the basic line and taking up a spot, but in some type of set maybe. A lot of times the sculpt is good while the character not so much.

Reaction score
Looks pretty good!

I know Hasbro isn't into "imagined" figures as much anymore, not is the average customer, but I feel they could benefit by doing things just like this instead of constant repacks. Definitely not something for the basic line and taking up a spot, but in some type of set maybe. A lot of times the sculpt is good while the character not so much.
Thank you, between quarantine and the lack of offerings in TVC or any other 3.75” scale had made me work on some customs. Already did a Yerka Mig, Lirin C’arn (cantina patrons). Currently working on a ChaChi de Maal.