Rose in First Order Disguise, BB-8 & BB-9E

Reaction score
$#!+..it's oos now and of course my phone had no reception at my worksite all day today. Hope amazon will get them in soon. This is at least 3 other major sites that got stock in.

Reaction score
Disney page gone now...Guess I will have to wait on Amazon for sure now. Debated on grabbing the r1 set but soon enough, itll be marked down in amazon like han/fett set. And i only wanted r1 for the weapons

Reaction score

JTA has some nice photos. Its a real shame that the head is missing some key paint apps, it looks poor next to the (oversized) Disney verison.
Too bad they had to get on their quasi-alt right soapbox again. Just what is it with this guy? It's a TOY REVIEW. Save the politics for calling in to some talk radio show.

Reaction score
Too bad they had to get on their quasi-alt right soapbox again. Just what is it with this guy? It's a TOY REVIEW. Save the politics for calling in to some talk radio show.
There was nothing alt-right about his review, but I do agree, it would be nice if entertainment was free of politics. Unfortuntately the sports and entertainment industries don't agree. Even the toy industry itself no longer free of politics (Mattel's Hijab Barbie springs to mind).

I guess the days of escapism are pretty much done, sadly.

Reaction score
There was nothing alt-right about his review, but I do agree, it would be nice if entertainment was free of politics. Unfortuntately the sports and entertainment industries don't agree. Even the toy industry itself no longer free of politics (Mattel's Hijab Barbie springs to mind).

I guess the days of escapism are pretty much done, sadly.
The toy review might not be the time for it, but after "Rogue One," it's fair game. The cast for that movie was Disney-diverse, but not Star Wars-diverse.

Reaction score
The only thing that irks me about this new diversity is that it somewhat ruins to visual similarity the First Order and Empire have to the Third Reich. I liked that the villains were all male, white and (voiced by) Brits as it went well with their uniforms and historical basis. It also makes for a great message; diversity and working together in a democracy trumps monotony under dictatorship. Plenty of fiction has used similar looking henchmen to de-humanize the bad guys, with the officers all lacking helmets, having them look similar helped to keep that element.

Diversity in the good guy team is great, especially with some alien species mixed in and the greater human diversity in the ST and RO.
Obviously, Finn and Rose infiltrating the FO in TLJ would've stuck out immensely if it weren't for the diversity already shown on Starkiller Base. But that's the Doylist explanation, in-universe reason might be a different ideology for the FO without Palpatine at the helm?

That said, there's no reason for the toy review to bring this up in the first place.

Reaction score
The only diversity I give a damn about is diversity of thought. Every other kind of diversity is useless without this.

Reaction score
Got my set from the Disney store site. Part of Rose's hair was unpainted or chipped. I'll have to touch it up.

Reaction score
Mine arrived from shop Disney today, too. The cannon came warped in the package, but everything else looks fine.
My BB-9E has something rattling in it. Thinking it might be the forcelink chip. Anyone else's like this?

Speaking of the forcelink, BB-9E's sounds are super annoying.

Reaction score
Mine is not rattling and my gun is warped as well. Kind of messed with it to straighten it out, hopefully it stays. I sent a note to Disney store that I was not pleased with the unpainted quality and sent a picture. They couldn't offer a replacement but did give me a store credit. I appreciated the gesture.

Reaction score
To those that have this - is there any significant difference between this BB-8 and the TFA release (other than the chip)? Does anyone have a side by side pic?

Reaction score
To those that have this - is there any significant difference between this BB-8 and the TFA release (other than the chip)? Does anyone have a side by side pic?
If you can look past the weathering I did on the TFA one, this pic should help. The one for TLJ is new, with a smaller flat base area and better range of head movement, a gloss coat on it giving it a sheen, thicker antennae, and the sculpt is slightly sharper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If you can look past the weathering I did on the TFA one, this pic should help. The one for TLJ is new, with a smaller flat base area and better range of head movement, a gloss coat on it giving it a sheen, thicker antennae, and the sculpt is slightly sharper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
having a smaller flat spot is answer to my prayers but that antenae is God awful. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...

Reaction score
I dig this figure, but the face/head seems weirdly simplified, lacking in sharp detail.

Reaction score
Any reports of these hitting retail stores yet?!
I got mine at Wal-Mart. Weirdly, all the two-packs were clearanced at $4 each when I got them. The next day they were ALL gone, of course.

Reaction score
Sounds like a trip to walmart.

My wallet is beginning to feel the strain of collecting. I can hear it crying in agony.

Reaction score
I dig this figure, but the face/head seems weirdly simplified, lacking in sharp detail.
Exactly! I tried to repaint it and the moment the primer went on like 50% of the face features disappeared which made painting the eyes and brows very difficult because there were no lines to stay in.

Reaction score
You must not have been collecting during 2012 then, because this is nothing.

:|
2010-2012 was truly a great time to be a collector IMO. Not only was The Clone Wars line at it's best but on top of that you had the Vintage Collection giving us some of Hasbro's best SW figures to date

Reaction score
2010-2012 was truly a great time to be a collector IMO. Not only was The Clone Wars line at it's best but on top of that you had the Vintage Collection giving us some of Hasbro's best SW figures to date
Agreed. It felt like another great wave released every few weeks during that time.

Reaction score
I finally saw these Rose 3-packs at Target stores around eastern Colorado for $15. Rose is a pretty solid figure, if limited in use. My First Order FWMB-10 "megablaster" is seriously warped, but I think I can salvage it with warm/cold water. BB-8 looks really glossy, but at least he's different than my "Force Awakens" versions. Both droids have heads on a ball joint atop the pivot, so there's slightly more posability on them. And I saw the Baze Malbus & Chirrut Îmwe 2-pack on the pegs with this one.

Reaction score
Mine's coming in from Amazon on Sunday. Weird side story...when I clicked on this pack on my wish list an alert popped up saying somebody had bought it for me. My wishlist was public (not anymore though) but there is nobody I know that would try and buy me a figure (they worry too much about me getting doubles lol). So I don't know what's up with that.

Reaction score
Spotted this one at a Hamilton TRU this morning. I already splurged on the Disney Parks BB-droid set, so I left it on the shelf, but I noticed some really dodgy paint applications on Rose - especially the eyes.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Spotted this one at a Hamilton TRU this morning. I already splurged on the Disney Parks BB-droid set, so I left it on the shelf, but I noticed some really dodgy paint applications on Rose - especially the eyes.
hanks for the heads up! I'll check out my TRU tomorrow. I also wanted the DP BB set, but the person going to the park didn't get it. I want to shrink the heads a bit so they better fit the Hasbro figures.
T

Reaction score
What do people here think of Hasbro re-packing this for the Solo line?
I really hope not! My Walmart is sitting on 6 Rose and 6 of Baze... I've already bought 3 Rose sets cause I want to make generic FO Female Officers and 1 Baze set. I think with the Solo Movie we are already getting 4 new 2 packs so to reship these last 2 packs would be a horrible idea...

Reaction score
I really hope not! My Walmart is sitting on 6 Rose and 6 of Baze... I've already bought 3 Rose sets cause I want to make generic FO Female Officers and 1 Baze set. I think with the Solo Movie we are already getting 4 new 2 packs so to reship these last 2 packs would be a horrible idea...
Hasbro announced it in their official press release after Toy Fair. It's one of the 2 packs. Lando/Kessel, Han/Chewbacca Mimban, Qui-Gon/Maul and Rose/BB-8/BB-9E.