Roron Corobb - #31

Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
3,521
Reaction score
0
Does anyone else have trouble with a floppy right elbow? My Roron has trouble keeping his arm up.
 

Sev

Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
4,378
Reaction score
0
Thanks for addin this one Curto! I can't wait to get it from HTS!
 
Joined
Sep 26, 2006
Messages
627
Reaction score
0
TerdVader said:
Does anyone else have trouble with a floppy right elbow? My Roron has trouble keeping his arm up.
Yep.. little bit of light fishing wire or thread wrapped in the joint can help to stiffen it up.
 
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
978
Reaction score
0
I love this figure, always loved the hammerheads! Just not too keen on the eyes, the way they look up and not straight forward. I still like it alot though!
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,330
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
Can he hold his lightsaber well without it dropping out?
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
5,525
Reaction score
4
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
Yay!!!

I bought a second one of these, to have MOC - awesome!!!

I compared Roron's lightsaber to the McStormie lightsaber, and they are slightly different. The McStormies is a thicker handle and a more hazy blue blade, whereas Roron's saber is a more clear blue.

subtle differences...
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2001
Messages
9,349
Reaction score
20
Location
France
saddestmoon said:
Yay!!!

I bought a second one of these, to have MOC - awesome!!!

I compared Roron's lightsaber to the McStormie lightsaber, and they are slightly different. The McStormies is a thicker handle and a more hazy blue blade, whereas Roron's saber is a more clear blue.

subtle differences...
What about last year's Yarael Poof saber. Was his saber the exact same as the Mc Stormie?
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
11,084
Reaction score
95
I bought this figure yesterday and its a fine addition to the previously released Clone Wars figures. Hopefully hasbro will give us some more jedi from the original CW cartoon, like k'kruhk - they have all been great thus far...
 
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
0
Location
San Antonio, TX, USA
I think so. When comparing Yarael's to Roron's the differences between the 2 seemed to fit saddestmoon's description, so I think it's safe to say Yarael's lightsaber is a straight repack of the McStormie's.
 
Joined
Oct 24, 2005
Messages
1,091
Reaction score
0
darth_sidious said:
I bought this figure yesterday and its a fine addition to the previously released Clone Wars figures. Hopefully hasbro will give us some more jedi from the original CW cartoon, like k'kruhk - they have all been great thus far...
Word! Bring on the Armored Obi-Wan, Armored Saesee Tiin, and Battle-scarred (Hypori) Ki-Adi Mundi. And speaking of lightsaber molds, where was this one when Foul Moudama was being produced???

I have yet to see this guy at retail. I'm still on the fence, so I'll have to look at it up close to decide whether to get it. Normally I like the quirky Jedi figures, but this one seems kinda meh.
 
Joined
Apr 5, 2002
Messages
1,016
Reaction score
0
blueharvest82 said:
Got a loose one throught the post this morning from a fellow scummer. Really impressed with it. Same quirky feel to it like 2006s Foul Moudama.



The elbow joints are a little loose on mine.. but that can be fixed with a little bit of fishing wire in the joint.
After seeing the pix you took, especially the first one. I'm now convinced to get one for myself!


Thanks blueharvest82!
 
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
425
Reaction score
0
Location
Georgia
Nothing wrong with having another jedi. I just received my case with the figure and I am very pleased.
 
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
6,419
Reaction score
0
Finally got him! He's a great Jedi figure with good articulation. For the sake of consistency, I'd have preferred he came with a standard lightsaber instead of the McQuarrie-style weapon. Otherwise, I like him a lot.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,330
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
CommandoScorch said:
I tried to display him with a standard saber, but it would just fall through his hands.
Hence Hasbro used the bigger lightsaber so he could hold it
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
6,668
Reaction score
0
Location
Sydney AUS
Hey people, got this guy today - an absolutely brilliant figure, Roron rocks!! Great pics you guys are posting btw

As someone earlier mentioned, if they continue to give some of the cooler CW characters more love - I'm in!
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
0
This is an excellent figure. He can pull off some of the best poses. I'm really pleased with the head/face sculpt too.
 

GNT

Moderator
Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
70,330
Reaction score
30
Location
Australia
I gave Roron Mace's cape and he looks so much better IMO just before his about to kick some Magna Guards behinds.
 
Joined
Feb 15, 2003
Messages
1,284
Reaction score
0
GNT said:
I gave Roron Mace's cape and he looks so much better IMO just before his about to kick some Magna Guards behinds.
I did this as well, as it does hide his wonky arms. Looks more "jedi" like.
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
21,646
Reaction score
0
GNT said:
CommandoScorch said:
I tried to display him with a standard saber, but it would just fall through his hands.
Hence Hasbro used the bigger lightsaber so he could hold it
The McStormie saber looks rather silly, IMO, for Roron. A much better alternative? McVader's! Has more of a movie feel to it, and a blade that matches other sabers better. I know that leaves Vader without a saber... so why not give him McStarkiller's? There's no art showing her wielding a saber anyway, so she really doesn't need it
Plus the Starkiller saber doesn't warp Vader's hands like his own does.
 
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
This was a good figure. Now all we need are the following Jedi:
Coleman Kcaj

Cin Drallig

Jocasta Nu

and finally Sha'a Gi

Maybe Sha'a Gi could come with Scooby Doo as Darth Vader as a two-pack
 
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
11,231
Reaction score
0
Location
Gastonia, NC, USA
yodakenobi said:
This was a good figure. Now all we need are the following Jedi:
Coleman Kcaj
I'm sure Hasbro already plans to recard Pablo-Jill as Coleman Kcaj



yodakenobi said:
Cin Drallig

Jocasta Nu

and finally Sha'a Gi

Maybe Sha'a Gi could come with Scooby Doo as Darth Vader as a two-pack
If they ever do Cin Drallig, it'd be from the ROTS source images, not the game. Jocasta Nu ... scrawny old lady action figures aren't exactly appealing to kids. Might see her in a Scene Pack or something, but I doubt she'd ever make it into the basic line. As for Sha'a Gi ... don't hold your breath! Unless he makes it into The Clone Wars, his ship has already sailed.
 
Top