Roron Corobb - #31

Reaction score
Re: Roron Corobb

KRONANG_DUNN said:
Swiss_Army_R5 said:
He's a great figure. The eyes remind me of the original Hammerhead figure.
No way... This figure has blue eyes. Ithorians do not have blue eyes. They have black eyes...
It's the Midichlorians what done it, cuz he's one a them Jed-eye.
Roron had blue eyes in the cartoon, so his figure should likewise have blue. There are aberrations in any species, why not the occasional non-black-eyed Ithorian?

He's also a mutant in the number of digits he's got, so it makes sense! I saw a guy on Ripley's Believe It Or Not, elderly, who had 6 fingers on each hand, the extra digit between the thumb & index finger, both fully functional. Why not with Roron?

Or maybe Momaw's the mutant, with too few fingers? Or perhaps different Ithorian ethnicities have different digit numbers & such. They're aliens, it's a fantasy story... it all works.

Someone mentioned Roron's head looks a bit too cartoony; he reminds me a bit of the inept bounty-hunter Ithorian brothers from recent KOTOR issues. The style of the artists on those issues kinda match the look of his head sculpt. Not crazy about his saber (recycle one of the new McQuarrie sabers from Luke, Vader, or the Starkiller!) but I've got enough extras to find one that blends in more. Lookin forward to setting him up with Foul and Shaak Ti!

Reaction score

Can't wait to put him with Foul Moudama. I am so excited for this figure that a new pair of pants will need to be purchased in conjunction with him.

Reaction score

He is beautiful! I love that he has an expression... and like Toonimator said he kinda looks like the Moomo brothers. Here's hoppping for a future comic pack.

Reaction score

Maybe I'm missing something but I got the email from EE and when I click to pre-order it Wave 5 comes up as item not found. Same thing when I go through the EE homepage. Has anyone been able to pre-order this wave from EE sights, and if so how?
Thanks for any help

Reaction score

The general consensus is EE may've jumped the gun with showing these guys before CIV, and might have had to remove it from preorder for a bit (if it was ever up). I don't know for sure.

I think it'll be up for preorder in the next week or so though

Reaction score

KRONANG_DUNN said:
Roron's head sculpt looks horrible. Too cartoonish. Why did Hasbro didn't use the previous mold? It was way more movie-accurate (we are talking a real Ithorian here).
because that mold posed like a brick. it was dreadful honestly

Reaction score

I don't see why Ithorian's shouldn't be able to scrunch their "eyebrows", just because in the movies we see them when they're just sitting around, zoned out watching Podraces, being stoic senators, or about to fall under their bar booths.

His figure seems to have the correct number of fingers, both for his cartoon appearance, and most known Ithorians, which is five. Only Momaw seem to have four, because of the original hands from ANH, which I don't think are ever seen clearly onscreen, so probably not canon.

Reaction score

littleani said:
what an AWESOME figure I want them to make all the jedi from the clone wars cartoons!
You got that right. I want them all, not just Roron here. But he'll do for a start.

Sev

Reaction score

A bit lacking with the swivel elbows but still looks superb! Might even have ball-jointed feet!

Reaction score

Hey look at those abs I think his shirt being open and shaak-ti on his team is no coincedence

Sev

Reaction score

That looks great! I'm getting one for sure!

Reaction score

Great figure and package. Just think the concept lightsaber is a bit out of place.

Reaction score

Overall it looks great, with the exception of the swivel elbows, but that lightsaber?! Why, oh why are they still forcing that ugly a$$ thing on us!? Come on! If you're gonna make a new mold for a complete figure, what's stopping you from making a tiny mold for a lightsaber!? I'd be happier if they just used one from Grevious...at least it'd be to scale-ish.

Dre

Reaction score

The lightsaber may not be the greatest choice but I have to get this guy. He's one of my favorites from the animated series.

Reaction score

The figure looks better than I thought. You can really feel his emotions through his expression.

The thing I hate the most about this figure is the package. I am usually impressed with the cardback art, but Roron's is just crap... It's not even realistic.

Reaction score

These new pics are great. I think I am just going to get a case of this wave. Way waste time and gas hunting them down. I am all about new Jedi.

Reaction score

DarthDre758 said:
Overall it looks great, with the exception of the swivel elbows, but that lightsaber?! Why, oh why are they still forcing that ugly a$$ thing on us!? Come on! If you're gonna make a new mold for a complete figure, what's stopping you from making a tiny mold for a lightsaber!?
I agree, especially since it was originally made for a concept art figure not part of the normal Star Wars universe. Using it for Yareal Poof and now Roron is just pure laziness.

Reaction score

What a shame Hasbro lost all their creative momentum when they got to the cardback. That has to be the worst cardback in the series so far, beating that horrible drawing of Umpass-Stay. I'm still buying it, and absolutely love the figure but man...

Reaction score

Beside the saber, it's a great sculpt from Hasbro. They clearly put more effort on Roron that they did on Foul last year.

Reaction score

Not much effort that they had to put onto Foul though.

Reaction score

I like the headsculpt and how he's almost going for the Force Scream. I can't tell if his knees are ball-jointed, but for most part, I'm pleased.

Yeah, the cardback is horrible though.

Sev

Reaction score

BoomBot said:
I like the headsculpt and how he's almost going for the Force Scream. I can't tell if his knees are ball-jointed, but for most part, I'm pleased.

Yeah, the cardback is horrible though.
Yes I'm sure his knees are ball-jointed.

Reaction score

I have to say that the scenes with Shaak Ti, Foul Moudama, and Roron Corobb trying to rescue Palpatine from Grievous were my favorites of the CW series, so getting Foul and Roron makes me so happy! I know Foul was kind of...well, foul (new hands or arms would have been sufficient for me!), but getting him was cool enough for me. Now with Roron Corobb looking as great as he does, I'm pleased as pie!
...and yes, the card art is definitely lacking.

Reaction score

Another great CW figure. I am very happy with this.

Reaction score

I guess I have a confession to make. I thought the real Shaak Ti was pretty unattractive, but she looked like a cute, little animal in the animated cartoon.
Not only that, she did some kick-[censored] dueling against Grievous and the magnaguards. She deserves a super-articulated sculpt just for that.

Reaction score

I didn't have high hopes for this figure but man it looks sweet!!!

Reaction score

If any of you collect the Clone Wars bust ups, the sabers from Grievous would go well with Roron.

Although disappointed, we'll never get an animated Roron, this realistic version turned out very well. I'll even get extras for custom fodder as this jedi body looks like it can accomodate some of the larger alien heads like Ask Aak's and J'Quille's.

No one seems to have mentioned this but on the RS and SSG photos, the left shoulder joint has been rotated upside down.

Reaction score

Trooper_1138 said:
Well, i wouldn't have mind more articulation and the ability for Foul to hold his saber properly

GNT

Reaction score
The lightsaber is only bigger so he can hold it without it slipping out of his hands. I dont mind cause I'm buying it for the figure not the lightsaber.

He looks great loose and packaged up. Have to get 2.

Reaction score

TK_842 said:
Trooper_1138 said:
Well, i wouldn't have mind more articulation and the ability for Foul to hold his saber properly
Yeah, I do wish he could hold his saber anywhere but his body, but he was cool nonetheless.