Roron Corobb - #31

Reaction score
Roron Corobb is listed for wave five so I decided to start a thread about it (hence my user name).

Hopefully It's a new sculpted ithorian head with animated eyes ,and hasbro no realistic figures like foul!

Make hands that can actally hold the lightsaber! Soft goods would be really great ,and new sculpted robes.

If you don't know who Roron Corobb is heres a pic.

Edited thread title

Reaction score
Re: Roron Corobb -wave 5 expanded universe

i cant really stand the animated style figures and i think hasbro said they wouldnt do anymore animated style.
and i was thinking they will do exactly like foul and just put a robe over hammer.

Reaction score

Hasbro has already said in a Q&A that any future Clone Wars action figures would be film-style sculpts, not animation-style. So, it will be a film-style figure, a la Foul Moudama and Padme in the "Ambush On Ilum" Battle Pack.

I think they might use some parts from the Momaw Nadon figure released in TSC, but things like the torso, arms and legs will need resculpting/retooling. And yes, hopefully he'll actually be able to hold his lightsaber.

Reaction score

Well at least mabye the eyes can be animated? Seems more reconizable.

Reaction score
Roron Corobb - Wave 5

Hasbro could retool SAGA2 Momaw into Roron by just shaving some of the clothing accessories off the mold, adding some paint, and tacking some removable sleeves on.

His hand looks like it can grip the staff pretty well, and a lightsaber handle could get by with the same diameter.

Then I agree, it would be cool to have his eyes painted sky blue.

Master_ithorian, please retitle the thread 'Roron Corobb - Wave 5'

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Roron Corobb

I havent watched the animated series since it aired on sw.com but even I wanted a figure of this guy for my collection so I hope it holds true and we see him.

Reaction score

The "animated style" of figures is DEAD (from Hasbro at least). I loved them, but they are gone...
I don't mind getting these figures done in the "realistic style" if they are done well. I've finished my whining about the animated ones.
As long as Roron can hold his lightsaber, it will be an improvement over last year.

Reaction score

I'm glad Roron Corobb is getting a figure too, after Foul Moudama came out. One of my favorite parts of the Clone Wars cartoon was a brief exchange between Roron and Foul in their alien languages and being disagreed with by Shaak Ti in English. It's actually pretty hilarious.

Reaction score

I'll bite, this figure can't be any worse than Foul Moudama.

Reaction score
Re: Roron Corobb -wave 5

Inigo_Montoya said:
Hasbro could retool SAGA2 Momaw into Roron by just shaving some of the clothing accessories off the mold, adding some paint, and tacking some removable sleeves on.

His hand looks like it can grip the staff pretty well, and a lightsaber handle could get by with the same diameter.

Then I agree, it would be cool to have his eyes painted sky blue.

Master_ithorian, please retitle the thread 'Roron Corobb - Wave 5'
I will do that good sir thanks for asking politely.

Heh mabye when the evil repaints come theres might be a astromech for Roron.

Reaction score

TerdVader said:
I'll bite, this figure can't be any worse than Foul Moudama.
If you're going to "bite", then BITE YOUR TONGUE! Foul Moudama rules.

Reaction score
Roron Corobb - Wave 5

master_ithorian said:
I will do that good sir thanks for asking politely.
To edit your own thread title, you have to edit your first post.
I'd just like to see this thread tie in with others, that's all, I mean no offense.

It would closer to this if matching the title as typed at the top of this post.

I highly doubt Roron would be anything but a simple retool & repaint of SAGA2 Momaw, but how cool would this sculpt be:

Reaction score
Re: Roron Corobb - Wave 5

Rune_Haako said:
Oh, and Curto said if this is Roron Corobb he'll be a new sculpt.
Yes better than retooling Momaw nadon ,but I wouldint mind if they use the figure as the base.

Reaction score

MI, could you please put a space between the hyphen and 'Wave', and capitalize the 'W' in 'Wave'?

One or two of these has to be a retool, and I don't think it's just Yoda. Anakin is possible with a new torso, I guess.
Did Hasbro say no more retools to finish the CW Fan's Choice Jedi, or what?

__ Roron Corobb
__ Yoda with Kybuck
__ Anakin - Nelvaan
__ Darth Revan
__ Darth Malak
__ Qymaen jai Sheelal
__ McQuarrie Series - Luke Skywalker

Reaction score

Inigo_Montoya said:
MI, could you please put a space between the hyphen and 'Wave', and capitalize the 'W' in 'Wave'?
Thanks for correcting the thread title seems more logicial now.

Would be intresting for Roron to have interchangeable heads one normal ,and the other one using all of his four mouths.

Reaction score

Being a Jedi, I hope he'll have more articulation than Momaw. Roron was pretty agile in the cartoon, great saber moves that guy had!

I'm a HUGE cartoon Clone Wars fan, but I LOVE that some of the characters are getting the 'realistic' treatment so they'll fit with the rest of my mostly-movie-based collection (with lots of EU being added this year!). I want Roron to be able to have a drink with Momaw and talk about the ol' herd-ship.

Reaction score

Clone Wars was the best thing to happen to Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back.

I'm glad they're paying this much attention to it.

Reaction score

Since we had to wait this long for him he better be more than a retool. I also agree that his eyes should be sky blue.

Reaction score

I think a retooling could be great, if done correctly. Believe me, I wouldn't argue with an all new sculpt. The latter is always preferable, of course, but I think some added articulation here and there, a resculpted torso (maybe partial softgoods?), and the blue eyes could do quite well. Either way, I'm excited to see this one. I loved Corobb in CW, and I too liked the animated style, but the realistic ones can look so great too. I'm just glad to be getting some pretty cool CW figures at all.

GNT

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
At least he won't have the giant boots, since he was barefooted.
Well you never Know with Hasbro.... they could take the best of characters and turn them into big boot wearing figures

Reaction score

i hope he wont be a momaw repaint. he's a jedi and needs SA

that's also why i hate the animated figures in all their statue glory

GNT

Reaction score

Some of them had more movable joints then normal figures - Durge being the example.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Some of them had more movable joints then normal figures - Durge being the example.
He said 'animated', not 'Clone Wars'

Reaction score

Just finished clone wars vol. 2 about 5 minutes ago. Real shame they won't do any more animated style. Realistic could be good if it isn't hammerhead with a robe and saber. Yoda with Kybuck should be pretty nice though.

Reaction score

Roron will be a welcome addition to my collection, very welcome indeed! I'm hoping for a resculpt with blue eyes, plastic not cloth and modest articulation. No matter, it's a Roron figure! Man, I'm giddy as a school girl!

Reaction score

I think a modification of POTF2 Hammerhead would be more suited to this action-oriented character. I don't buy EU but must confess I retired mine to the back of the ep2 Jedi collection with a lightsaber in-hand when last year's came out.

Reaction score

I also prefer SA new sculpts whenever possible.
And Roron is cool enough of a character, but a new SA sculpt isn't necessary one year after the new Momaw.

Reaction score

That's the angle I was coming from too, Inigo. I'd love a new sculpt, but I'll bet Hasbro will kitbash Momaw since they just gave us a really good sculpt of him; I still think that if done right, a kitbash could be very effective and end up giving us a great Roron Corobb. I'd definitely settle for a good kitbash or retool.

Reaction score

it will probably be something I'll never find like coleman trebor sora bulq etc

Reaction score

the_grill said:
it will probably be something I'll never find like coleman trebor sora bulq etc
Where do you live? I saw those plenty of times here on the pegs. They even pegwarmed slightly. I still see Sora Bulq.

GNT

Reaction score

Depends really on how many Roron Corobb figures are packed in the case.