Rogue One Toys - General Discussion Thread

Reaction score
My only guess is that they wanted Tarkin to be a surprise, similar to Luke maybe? Would have also been a good opportunity to update ANH Leia, but they didn't!

Timing, something that never has been Hasbro's thing...

Reaction score
They could still release Tarkin and Leia in a 2-pack, and it could be for ANH or RO. Leia needs her hood up though. I'm satisfied with the RO coverage though, certainly not feeling anything major was left out.

Reaction score
^ I would say merrick (blue leader), 2nd two tubes, flashback Galen and krennic 2pk, generic rebel trooper could easily finalize r1 imho especially if upcoming jyn is flashback version with an accessory in addition or instead of stormtrooper doll. Other than repack, what new jyn is there to do?

Reaction score
with the announcement that Chirrit and Baze are coming in a TLJ 2 pack, I don't think it's unreasonable to think we might see more Rogue One figures at retail. I'd love to see the other Two Tubes and maybe the guy with the Biker Scout helmet be made. Its just a shame Hasbro always puts in a main character with any secondary or tertiary/army builder on their two packs. I think it's been 3 years since the stormtrooper/TIE pilot Rebels mission series set hit.

Being on a yearly movie schedule, I miss when figures came in waves that represented different films. In my heart I know Disney is growing the franchise in a way that allows them to make money from merchandise for years to come, but at the same time, it sucks that we got 20 R1 figures and it might be a slow trickle to see more for a few years. Especially since part of the satisfaction I get from collecting is having shelves for individual movies that I can add to as more figures become available year after year.

Reaction score
It would be nice if we saw at least one other RO two pack surface in the TLJ line. I cast my vote for a Bohdi and Benthic Two Tubes for that. Rook has seen limited release, and Benthic would be a simple retool and slight paint app difference. Not to mention the relation of the two since Bohdi was taken to Benthic initially. So it would be a sensible release on every level.

Reaction score
It would be nice if we saw at least one other RO two pack surface in the TLJ line. I cast my vote for a Bohdi and Benthic Two Tubes for that. Rook has seen limited release, and Benthic would be a simple retool and slight paint app difference. Not to mention the relation of the two since Bohdi was taken to Benthic initially. So it would be a sensible release on every level.
I like that idea. I'd also love it if they got a Tarkin to us, somehow.

Sent from my LG-D725 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Oh well, it over now. best to get over it and move on. Plenty of time still to release Tarkin.

Reaction score
I got an email from EE yesterday stating that my order for Raddus & Galen has been cancelled since the manufacturer will not be shipping anymore of them. But Fenn and Bistan are still coming.

Reaction score
^ I would say merrick (blue leader), 2nd two tubes, flashback Galen and krennic 2pk, generic rebel trooper could easily finalize r1 imho especially if upcoming jyn is flashback version with an accessory in addition or instead of stormtrooper doll. Other than repack, what new jyn is there to do?
If you're talking about 5POA, they haven't done a Scarif Jyn (like the SA 3 3/4 figure.

Reaction score
Most people have probably seen by now that we will be getting new R1 specific cardboard that were shown at Hascon. There is still hope that we get new characters...though I expect most of them to be repacks.

Reaction score
That's what annoys me, we shouldn't need repacks for TFA and R1 already. They still need to round out some missing characters first! Do I have to wait till Disney does a BAD figure of that Gold Droid i Maz's Castle?! Where's the Rebel version of Saw, or repacks Two Tubes as his Brother. What about General Merrick, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa and lastly Tarkin?

Reaction score
^EXACTLY...My hope is (assuming Han Solo line/movie is still May '18) that the redo fall 2018 line until the spring 2019 launch for ep9, will be a mix movie line again with mainly undone MIA characters from tfa, r1, tlc, and rebels and ep1-6, limited ep7,8, r1 core repacks & cw peppered in to round out wv or 2

Reaction score
Furthermore, upcoming repacks like the newly revealed baze 2pk and likely the jyn erso, shouldn't be retooled just for a force link chip. Simply pack in a retooled stand w/ chip. That seems cost effective imo.

Reaction score
I'm honestly shocked we're getting the Baze 2-pack, considering I saw 8 of them at Target last week - gathering dust at full price. They should have focused on releasing the Bistan 2-pack and the Fenn Rau figure instead. I want the figures they previewed a year ago before anything else from RO.

Reaction score
I just hope that Chirut has his famous line... I'm one with the Force and the Force is one with me! plus the addition of his crossbrow blaster staff looks awesome

Reaction score
I'm honestly shocked we're getting the Baze 2-pack, considering I saw 8 of them at Target last week - gathering dust at full price. They should have focused on releasing the Bistan 2-pack and the Fenn Rau figure instead. I want the figures they previewed a year ago before anything else from RO.
Well, in their defense they didn't know that Bistan would never make it out 18 months ago, when designing this set. Nor did they know Baze would be paegwarming. So i can kind of forgive them this, just a little.

But the bigger argument is why so much repacking in the first place!? We have new movies every year, not every three!
So adjustment need to be made accordingly. You cannot continue using old data to distribute this Line.

Reaction score
Its true they cant predict how well a character may sell at retail, but secondary movies like RO should have a capped action figure line, unless they're introducing NEW characters in the following years lineup. I frankly don't feel they should repack any of the RO basic figures that made it to retail. I honestly don't think the demand will be there - are kids or collectors calling for more Jyn figures or any of these other characters that received significant distribution?

Reaction score
At my local stores i looked at the same figures on the shelf every week for months. Literally months. Noone is buying it. Not kids not collectors NOONE. I didn't buy any even when they went on clearance. Saw only the first 2 waves, nothing past that.

Reaction score
I think Hasbro needs to have a system in place where waves or product only sits on the shelves for x amount of time. for instance retailers should have the option of shipping back unsold merchandise after a period of lets say 3 months of inactivity for either merchandise credit or possible partial refund. this would help with figures that are not selling and possibly improve Hasbro distribution and action figure choice.

if let's say Wal-Mart sends back 50+ Jyn Erso figures, 100+ Blasé Malbus figures than Hasbro may have an idea that Blasé doesn't sell very well and therefore remove the figure and not decide to revisit the figure in the future unless they update the figure from 5 poa to SA figures.

if a system like this was in place stores would greatly buy more product from Hasbro and this would eliminate the hard to find figures of the waves by removing the peg warming ones. (looking at you Finn, Sarco, Goose Towers etc)

just a thought.

Reaction score
I picked up a few storm troopers for $5 at Tuesday Morning Store (that I forgot existed until I was driving by it). They us some TFA vehicles and RO figures for $5.

Reaction score
I picked up a few storm troopers for $5 at Tuesday Morning Store (that I forgot existed until I was driving by it). They us some TFA vehicles and RO figures for $5.
Hoping they get Waves 3 and 4 (more hopefully 4). They were the only other chain besides Rite Aid that got the GI Retaliation 'ultimate' figures like Duke, Flint, Roadblock and Storm Shadow. Tuesday Morning was also charging $5 compared to Rite Aid's ridiculous $12.

Reaction score
Its true they cant predict how well a character may sell at retail, but secondary movies like RO should have a capped action figure line, unless they're introducing NEW characters in the following years lineup. I frankly don't feel they should repack any of the RO basic figures that made it to retail. I honestly don't think the demand will be there - are kids or collectors calling for more Jyn figures or any of these other characters that received significant distribution?
Are we assuming these are repackaged? They're Force Link figures. At the very least they'd need to be retooled to accommodate the chip. I think they're probably new sculpts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
We've seen a picture of them loose and carded - they don't appear to be new sculpts, but its possible they were retooled. Either way, I don't see the demand, even if they were altered. We know a new weapon is packaged with them, that's about it so far.

Reaction score
^EXACTLY...My hope is (assuming Han Solo line/movie is still May '18) that the redo fall 2018 line until the spring 2019 launch for ep9, will be a mix movie line again with mainly undone MIA characters from tfa, r1, tlc, and rebels and ep1-6, limited ep7,8, r1 core repacks & cw peppered in to round out wv or 2
I'm going to assume this is what is bound to happen. There's going to be a lull from the movies from 4/20/18 till 9/?/19. This will give them a year and a half to put out some of the other figures in both the 3.75 and 6" lines. I suspect we could see them round out some of these figures. Although, I don't think there is much more for them to do in the 3.75" lineup with Rogue One. Everything is pretty much there...only Tarkin would be nice.

JVM

Reaction score
I don't mind grabbing a duplicate Jyn for the Force Link, given it looks like a better paintjob to boot. Won't be the first thing I buy though. Would've been nice to see a new mold though.

Reaction score
They did. That is the Power Of the Jedi Barca Tank that came with Deluxe Luke. All they did was paint it black.
Oh, I know that. But we shouldn't really have to resort to buying rare 20 year old "antiques" just to complete RO dioramas. And that Vader has to be custom too. Yes, there is the RotS "Burnt Bader" that can be used as a base but it isn't screen accurate to the RO bacta tank Vader either. Hasbro could save us all this hassle by just releasing a proper RO Vader Bacta Tank set. In fact, I'm sure they will do (one day)...

Reaction score
Oh, I know that. But we shouldn't really have to resort to buying rare 20 year old "antiques" just to complete RO dioramas. And that Vader has to be custom too. Yes, there is the RotS "Burnt Bader" that can be used as a base but it isn't screen accurate to the RO bacta tank Vader either. Hasbro could save us all this hassle by just releasing a proper RO Vader Bacta Tank set. In fact, I'm sure they will do (one day)...
Yeah I saw the beat carded set at local toy shop. I already have Luke set on my ESB display and I knew I would eventually get around to making a RO Vader when summer is over. The Vader is the most work here. I made a mold of burnt Anakin Head and shirtless Kit Fisto torso to make resin parts i epoxied onto the bacta Luke. Then sculpted some muscle bulk with epoxy.

Reaction score
All toys are 40% off at Ollies, they have Rogue One 3.75" there.

Idk if it varies by location though, but there's still some at the Fayetteville, NC location.

Reaction score
Me too, even PT and ST artwork. Once in a while a cheap old one pops up on EBay so I guess once could customize one. I'm sure there's enough artwork online to save/cut/paste to create one