Rogue One Toys - General Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
Rebels figures are discussed in the Rebels section because the section is for all Rebels toy discussion regardless of the packaging.

Rebels deserves a line of their own!
Rebels the tv show is ending so doubtful we'll see many more Rebels characters going forward in the 3" line. It would've been nice if Hasbro spent more time focusing on Rebels and other tv properties as a separate entity like the Clone Wars was.

Reaction score
Rebels the tv show is ending so doubtful we'll see many more Rebels characters going forward in the 3" line. It would've been nice if Hasbro spent more time focusing on Rebels and other tv properties as a separate entity like the Clone Wars was.
Since Han Solo movie is due in May and thus no fall sw movie in 2018, it would be nice if the basic line for fall 2108 can focus more on Rebels as that is final season, but have some movie figs peppered in especially characters that didn't get made for the proper lines for TFA, R1 and potential missed TLJ and HS.

Reaction score
I obviously meant 2018, but w/ Hasbro's track record, 2108 could be when some wanted figs finally get released. Still, it'll be interesting what Hasbro has planned for the 2018 holiday to 2019 spring season w/o a movie. I doubt they could stretch HS line out for a year

Reaction score
Have you forgotten that there are always lulls in releases, where there is no new product for months? Hasbro is fully aware of Holiday shopping, and will likely make sure something is out during this time. Also, if they can stretch out Rogue One this long. Surely they can do the same for Han Solo. Besides, there's still Rebels that should be going during that period that they can focus on. It can't be that difficult, compared to the 3 year gap of previous films.

Reaction score
No, I didn't forget. But w/ fall/winter movies for past couple years, by april/may the lulls begin until sept. Han Solo line should keep the spring/ summer lull at bay. But given R1 line lasted at retail less than 6 good months, HS isn't expected to do better and to stretch that line 1 year is not likely given TFA line dwindled after 6 months. Hasbro will need something for the fall/winter 2018 season and a focus on final rebels season is an idea that hasbro may or not approach.

Reaction score
I have to chime in about the RO line, as I've given Hasbro and the distribution channels a lot of slack - it is now June, and I've only seen remnants of wave 3 at one store, and wave 4 isn't even available at retail in the US. Its really disappointing to me how the basic line is managed, because collectors have to be hawks to find certain figures at the MSRP, and avoid the endless scalpers - so how the hell is a kid going to find their favorite characters from wave 3 or 4?

If I were Disney, I wouldn't be at all pleased with how the critically important line that is suppose to appeal to kids is being marketing and distributed. If Hasbro or retail is having trouble distributing more than 2 waves in a reasonable amount of time, something needs to be done to correct the problem. Personally, I'd like them to drop down from 4 waves to 3, and limit how many cases of wave 1 and 2 are sent out, so that the third wave makes it to retail in numbers significant enough to meet demand. Instead of creating headaches and hassles to buy these products - get everything you want out in a reasonable amount of time (no later than home video release) - and wrap it up each year with a bow and be done with that years line.

Reaction score
*points above* He gets it.

I have literally seen nothing past wave 2, and never seen a hint of TBS 3.75" for R1 in stores. Multiple stores, across multiple county lines.

Reaction score
I have to chime in about the RO line, as I've given Hasbro and the distribution channels a lot of slack - it is now June, and I've only seen remnants of wave 3 at one store, and wave 4 isn't even available at retail in the US. Its really disappointing to me how the basic line is managed, because collectors have to be hawks to find certain figures at the MSRP, and avoid the endless scalpers - so how the hell is a kid going to find their favorite characters from wave 3 or 4?

If I were Disney, I wouldn't be at all pleased with how the critically important line that is suppose to appeal to kids is being marketing and distributed. If Hasbro or retail is having trouble distributing more than 2 waves in a reasonable amount of time, something needs to be done to correct the problem. Personally, I'd like them to drop down from 4 waves to 3, and limit how many cases of wave 1 and 2 are sent out, so that the third wave makes it to retail in numbers significant enough to meet demand. Instead of creating headaches and hassles to buy these products - get everything you want out in a reasonable amount of time (no later than home video release) - and wrap it up each year with a bow and be done with that years line.
But isn't the real problem that the earlier waves didn't sell through? Hasbro made waves 3 and 4, it's just that retailers didn't want to order them. Probably because the pegs and stock rooms were full of earlier waves going back to TFA.

I don't know what the solution to that would be other than short packing all figures one per case with either smaller cases or more unique characters per wave. But even still, one or two dud waves seem to clog the pegs for years nowadays. Maybe action figures don't sell like they used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
At some point they need to put these online. If retailers aren't buying a few etailers should. They can more easily manage stock or put them on Hasbro s online toy store

Reaction score
^ and doing solid cases online can also help cut down on pegwarmers and online shops from raising prices too high on select figs to compensate loss $s on low/non selling figs. Unless Hasbro implements a policy like.."to buy 3 cases of x you must buy 2 cases of y and 2 cases of z".

Reaction score

I don't think kids are interested in a movie like Rogue One compared to TFA. I never see kids in the star wars aisle buying rogue one figs. RO was dark and a little more complex than the TFA, and I don't think Hasbro took that into consideration. I think it appealed to older Star Wars fans more than kids. They over produced so many Wave 1 and 2 figures now they just sit there as peg warmers and that has affected the availability of the waves that followed. The entire toy marketing aspect of Rogue One was out of touch and kids aren't that interested in action figures anymore, let alone figures from a pretty dark movie like RO. Just my theory.

Reaction score
Oh, I agree that RO appealed to the OT generation the most, but there are certainly still kids that want figures from the later waves, just like collectors do. Likewise, waves 3 and 4 contain Rebels characters - and that cartoon is made for a younger audience. Sadly, TFA had similar issues, with later waves being hard to find - the wave / case ratio plan they have in place needs to be reevaluated so that with TLJ, people can actually find all the figures at retail before the next movie arrives.

Reaction score
Seems like stores order the first 2 waves by the ton, expecting some payoff to end all payoffs to occur. It's like they order 100 cases per a store of the first 2 waves and when only 20 cases is plenty. They're trying to force lightning in a bottle so to speak.

I think we may see better case assortments with The Last Jedi line. Prior to release, Hasbro and others had to make assumptions on how much kids/collectors like all new characters from TFA and RO. Hasbro thought Finn was going to be really popular and he wasn't. Imperial Ground Crew from RO should have been a winner but seems to be on the pegs everywhere despite being an army builder. With TLJ they SHOULD have a better idea on character choices.

Reaction score
Seems like stores order the first 2 waves by the ton, expecting some payoff to end all payoffs to occur. It's like they order 100 cases per a store of the first 2 waves and when only 20 cases is plenty. They're trying to force lightning in a bottle so to speak.
That is all thanks to Hasbro's ordering commitment policy.

Reaction score
Starting to see Rogue One basic figures at Ross, spotted an Eadu Cassian for $3.99. It's likely they're trying to sell through Waves 1, maybe 2. But I'd keep an eye out for any lucky Waves 3 and 4 finds.

Reaction score
Nice to see the Hovertank being made.
I'm excited by this one. as much as I like the Walkers from the Empire I do love seeing something new and the Hovertank is a great vehicle to add to the collection. I can't wait to get this one. I may even get a few

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with prominent Rogue One Characters that haven't been made in 3.75" form, as of yet. Overall, it looks like they covered most of the key characters in the movie, save a couple senators, a few generals, and some of the soldiers. Here's what I have so far:

Grand Moff Tarkin
General Merrick
Weeteef Cyubee
Bail Organa
Mon Mothma
General Draven

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with prominent Rogue One Characters that haven't been made in 3.75" form, as of yet. Overall, it looks like they covered most of the key characters in the movie, save a couple senators, a few generals, and some of the soldiers. Here's what I have so far:

Grand Moff Tarkin
General Merrick
Weeteef Cyubee
Bail Organa
Mon Mothma
General Draven
are you looking to have new 5POA versions of these characters made in the current Hasbro molds? we already have 2 of Tarkin (Original POTF Kenner Tarkin from the 90's and the recent Vintage Collection version from a few years ago), we have a couple of Bail Organa (ROTS, Legacy, Comic pack, Birth of the Twins 2 pack) as well and 2 different Mon Mothma's too (one from ROTS and the other from the Kenner POTF line in the late 90's)

I would love to get Merrick, and Draven though as well as Sniper Jacket Cassian

Reaction score
are you looking to have new 5POA versions of these characters made in the current Hasbro molds? we already have 2 of Tarkin (Original POTF Kenner Tarkin from the 90's and the recent Vintage Collection version from a few years ago), we have a couple of Bail Organa (ROTS, Legacy, Comic pack, Birth of the Twins 2 pack) as well and 2 different Mon Mothma's too (one from ROTS and the other from the Kenner POTF line in the late 90's)

I would love to get Merrick, and Draven though as well as Sniper Jacket Cassian
I think new molds would be best similar to how they redid Vader and the Stormtrooper for the new 5POA Rogue One lineup. The versions from the 90s now seem pretty dated..

Reaction score
I think new molds would be best similar to how they redid Vader and the Stormtrooper for the new 5POA Rogue One lineup. The versions from the 90s now seem pretty dated..
I'd be all for it if the sculpts looked great but if you want you can pull off a decent Tarkin using the ROTS Body and the Vintage head sculpt. it's not 5POA but it works

Reaction score
Target clearance near me went even bigger. 6" BS were down to $2.98 and 3.75" figures are $2.38 with vehicles at $5.98 and U-Wing for $14.98

Reaction score
I'd be all for it if the sculpts looked great but if you want you can pull off a decent Tarkin using the ROTS Body and the Vintage head sculpt. it's not 5POA but it works
Yeah, I'm using ROTS Tarkin. I repainted the hair to grey and it works pretty good as a Rogue One Tarkin.

Reaction score
Great news about the Hovertank! Definitely getting this. I just recently saw Rouge One again, and that's one of my favorite vehicles from the film - It has a semi-PT look, but is more in line with what we would have seen in the OT - if that makes sense. Also really dig the Hovertank commander - this outfit looks like a combination of the Clone Trooper armor (from ROTS), and also the more updated Stormtrooper armor - which was intentional, of course.

Reaction score
Ah. Looking back at this line almost a year later, I just can't help but think of all the great figures we got for the Rogue One 5POA. I mean, we got Saw, K2, possibly one of the top five 3 3/4" Vader sculpts ever. Just absolutely love it. And the Rebels ones for the line were splendid too (except for Seventh Sister). As we go into the Last Jedi line launch, I just want to take a moment and embrace this line and hope the EP8 stuff lives up to these. They may be 5POA, but it's 5POA at it's best!

Reaction score
I agree, I feel the RO line was well done, and it didn't leave me wondering where several characters were. It improved on the TFA line significantly. The only short comings were distribution issues with the final wave, and the lack of Fenn Rau being offered in the US. I'd much rather Hasbro focus on higher quality basic figures, and consolidate them into fewer waves, so that they all reach retail.

Reaction score
I agree, I feel the RO line was well done, and it didn't leave me wondering where several characters were. It improved on the TFA line significantly. The only short comings were distribution issues with the final wave, and the lack of Fenn Rau being offered in the US. I'd much rather Hasbro focus on higher quality basic figures, and consolidate them into fewer waves, so that they all reach retail.
They were about as nice as I have seen for 5 POA figures. TBH I think 5POA works better for 3.75" than super articulated. It is hard to get 3.75" into dynamic poses for me because they are so hard to balance with their tiny feet and so so joints (basing this on the couple of 3.75 black series figs I own).

Reaction score
That's never going to happen regardless of the number. They could only release 24 figures, yet the last wave of 4 would never arrive!

Reaction score
Hasbro used to blow out 75 plus figures a year yet they can't get their system to work for a fraction of that number nowadays. Truly sad. I have not seen any of the last waves at retail.

Reaction score
Hasbro used to blow out 75 plus figures a year yet they can't get their system to work for a fraction of that number nowadays. Truly sad. I have not seen any of the last waves at retail.
Amen

Reaction score
I think largely due to Disney's movie turnaround schedule. With the amount of merchandise ending up at discount chains, it makes you wonder if they're turning out a profit to a point where some significant changes will be made down the line.

Reaction score
I think largely due to Disney's movie turnaround schedule. With the amount of merchandise ending up at discount chains, it makes you wonder if they're turning out a profit to a point where some significant changes will be made down the line.
I think there was definitely more time between movies, but only about a year extra. I guess that did wonders for toy productions, but it's definitely also due to splitting the main line up, which was a really stupid decision. If all the figures we got in the past years for RO and TFA were highly articulated, I think we'd still have seen less than before, but it would have felt like a lot more. I distinctly remember going onto Hasbro's site and getting a change to scroll through the new characters. It might have even been on StarWars.com with a specific Hasbro link, but you could spin the wheel of new figures and they'd even animate each of them showing off the accessories and features. There was so much more time taken out to actually advertise them and show them off, I feel like Hasbro could care less about promoting their own toys anymore. Now it's all hype through APPS and maybe an email. Most of the promotion I see is done on actual toy sites like this or JTA. I doubt many commercials even air anymore.

Reaction score
The sad thing is, that it isn't Rocket science. They should have been able to learn the curve by now. As it's been said before, for R1 they totally dropped the ball on basic ANH era repacks. They have a certain number of slots for the line each year, with another number dedicated to the movie. Which has a different window than random character that can come out throughout the year. How difficult is it to plan waves to hit every quarter, with one or two dedicated to that current movie in the last quarter? I understand that it's a logistical nightmare trying to schedule things so that they can be made and shipped all within a timeline, especially with delays at teh factory as well as other things.

Not sure how many factories they have now, or how quick it is to be able to change things in and out for a certain wave. But this stuff doesn't happen overnight, they knew about R1 for some time. So they coul have shipped the molds for certain ANH repacks to the same factory that R1 figure were going to be made.
Hence ship the molds for RFT, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Tarkin/Krennic repaint etc. so that they could be made and shipped to be on shelf for the movie's release.

Wash, rinse, repeat for any other movie. I knew that Hasbro wouldn't be able to manage the line with that short of window, but no one believed.
Maybe by the time EP9 is over they'll have the kinks worked out. Or they'll have stopped phoning it in, and someone might actually go to work planning the line out!

Reaction score
The sad thing is, that it isn't Rocket science. They should have been able to learn the curve by now. As it's been said before, for R1 they totally dropped the ball on basic ANH era repacks. They have a certain number of slots for the line each year, with another number dedicated to the movie. Which has a different window than random character that can come out throughout the year. How difficult is it to plan waves to hit every quarter, with one or two dedicated to that current movie in the last quarter? I understand that it's a logistical nightmare trying to schedule things so that they can be made and shipped all within a timeline, especially with delays at teh factory as well as other things.

Not sure how many factories they have now, or how quick it is to be able to change things in and out for a certain wave. But this stuff doesn't happen overnight, they knew about R1 for some time. So they coul have shipped the molds for certain ANH repacks to the same factory that R1 figure were going to be made.
Hence ship the molds for RFT, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Tarkin/Krennic repaint etc. so that they could be made and shipped to be on shelf for the movie's release.

Wash, rinse, repeat for any other movie. I knew that Hasbro wouldn't be able to manage the line with that short of window, but no one believed.
Maybe by the time EP9 is over they'll have the kinks worked out. Or they'll have stopped phoning it in, and someone might actually go to work planning the line out!
That is something I often wonder. Of all the black series reissue figures and the few new ones for R1 why didn't they reissue Tarkin and the Rebel Fleet Trooper and make a Krennic. I love that they made the Death Troopers and Shoretroopers for the BS line, but why make those and not the main villain of the movie. Especially considering how if they made a new SA Imperial Officer they would be able to repaint it til the mould breaks to make every OT officer.

Even with the 5POA R1 line, all the figures they made. They covered nearly all the bases, it was a good line up for the most part I think. But with two very glaring holes in the line, Rebel Fleet Troopers and the worst omission they made, Tarkin. Fourty years to get a second chance for the perfect moment to make a Tarkin figure and they drop the ball. That chance will never come again Hasbro, you blew it. And how about not reissuing a X-Wing and TIE Fighter when the movie was full of them.