Rogue One - General Film Discussion Thread

Reaction score
The pics are to blurry to tell, but the artwork shows it to be standard armor. Strangely enough, I just bought the Stormtrooper/Baze 2 pack at Dollarama today and compared it to the artwork. Both have the orange pauldron and ammo pouch.
Now I'm one step closer to finishing.

Those are some great pics BTW.
Great to hear you will finish it, please post pics when you do.
As far as reference pics, it's nice having them in one place.

I was somewhat indifferent to the Last Jedi release, and find myself going through the R1 offerings again.
Wish we had more Jedah and Saw's Rebels characters.
From your image Looks like you were working on a custom second 2-Tubes-brother with the coat.
Really wish they had made that figure, and Warwick Davis' character, to fill out his group.
Any pics of that finished 2-Tubes?
Is the "coat" sculpted from scratch?
Do you think cutting and pulling off the coat of someone like TLJ JD figure and putting over 2-Tubes would work?

Utinniii

Reaction score
I have a few things I want to finish by the end of the month and then I want to revisit my unfinished figures.
I'm working on a couple of Jeddah residents, including Warrick's character.
Of Saw's rebel's Warrick, 2 Tube's, and the Biker Scout are on my immediate radar. All the aliens are also going to follow, including the concept art of Bor Gullet.

I have random fodder figures I will use to make random people. There are 2 in this pic.

My diorama is a bit crowded but I like that.

I made a short photonovel set in Jeddha. http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1136145

Reaction score
That's the downside of the new era it seems, they put all the cool stuff way off out of focus. I realize the story is about main characters. But even GL liked to show off the creatures.

Also makes me a bit sad the the one good movie so far, is a one and done. While the slow moving train wreck(IMO) has 3...

Reaction score
Check out this Hollywood Reporter article about how Tony Gilroy stepped in during the reshoots for ROGUE ONE - A Star Wars Story. It paints a picture of a production that was in serious trouble, and how Gilroy's intervention radically reshaped the movie. A lot of Gilroy's comments came from an interview he did on a podcast called The Moment with Brian Koppelman. And his comments on ROGUE ONE are at the 46:00 minute mark.

An interesting side note? Back in 2016, actor Ben Mendelsohn stated that there's a radically different version of ROGUE ONE that exists, and that it was Gareth Edwards original director's cut.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
Check out this Hollywood Reporter article about how Tony Gilroy stepped in during the reshoots for ROGUE ONE - A Star Wars Story. It paints a picture of a production that was in serious trouble, and how Gilroy's intervention radically reshaped the movie. A lot of Gilroy's comments came from an interview he did on a podcast called The Moment with Brian Koppelman. And his comments on ROGUE ONE are at the 46:00 minute mark.

An interesting side note? Back in 2016, actor Ben Mendelsohn stated that there's a radically different version of ROGUE ONE that exists, and that it was Gareth Edwards original director's cut.

Sounds like Gareth Edwards took the "Wars" part a little too seriously and that made the execs nervous. Gilroy was needed to inject some sympathy for the characters so we cared about their sacrifice. The making of R1 is like sausage - you don't want see the process, you just want to enjoy the results.

Reaction score
I'd really like to see Hasbro release a 5 POA Rebel Fleet Trooper on a single card in the Basic figure line. I'd also like to see a 2-pack with a squatting RFT and a standing RFT both with their arms posed holding their respective blasters with 2 hands. They could do the same 2-pack concept for other army builders like Death Star Troopers/Death Squad Commanders and Stormtroopers.

RFTs were in arguably the best scene in Rogue I! I'd love to see at least one 5 POA version of the RFT.

I already have the SA Vintage RFT from 2011 but I'd actually prefer a 5 POA version, or versions, if possible.

Reaction score
I'd also like to see a 2-pack with a squatting RFT and a standing RFT both with their arms posed holding their respective blasters with 2 hands.
Almost sounds like the Clone Army 3-pack we got during Revenge Of The Sith/Clone Wars back in the day.

Or maybe if we get something like this back with just RFT's only....

Reaction score
Yeah, I had those old AOTC 3-packs in mind. I was thinking 2-packs would be ok since we currently have a 2-pack line right now and add a standard posed Basic line 5 POA RFT and we'd have 3 nice 5 POA RFTs.

A Battle Pack of differently posed 5 POA RFTs would be cool too no doubt.

It seems like only 5 POA Imperial and First Order troops get Hasbro's attention nowadays. I'd like to see a shift to 5 POA Rebel Troops now.

Reaction score
The poses on that Capture of Tantive IV battle pack. :awesome:

Reaction score
The poses on that Capture of Tantive IV battle pack. :awesome:
LOL! By the time Vader actually walks in I think most of the Rebel Troopers in that hall, were lying on the floor dead anyway, so screen accurate would be Rebel Troopers lying flat :p
The next cut, the battle is already over, all the survivors have been captured, = would hands on head pose.
Also I've seen the Vader enters the
Tantive IV scene well over 1200 times, yet don't ever remember noticing the interrogation-droid floating in with him. :grin: LOL!

Actually a neat set.
I would have loved a comparable R1 Hallway set, with a posed Rebel Trooper twisty-tied to the ceiling!

Reaction score
I would have loved a comparable R1 Hallway set, with a posed Rebel Trooper twisty-tied to the ceiling!
These kind of battle packs that are MIA from Hasbro's formula these days don't do the movie a bit of justice since it was written as an iconic scene in its own right. I imagine another trooper that sort of pack turned 180 degrees from the rest of his compatriots with Death Star plans in hand. :D