Rogue One - A Star Wars Story (SPOILERS APPLY)

Reaction score
I really never cared for the opening crawls. They always seemed oddly worded and didn't add a ton of info. I did miss the Star Wars theme though.
I missed John Williams' music in general. Definitely a different feel musically.

Reaction score
I didn't think it was bad at all. In fact I've been listening to it every time I'm on my bike or motorcycle and really enjoy it. I think the composer did an excellent job at capturing John Williams' style, but still coming off a bit different.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think it was bad, I just prefer Williams.

Reaction score
Reaction score
They removed some parts that I would've really liked to have seen. I wonder if they'll do an extended Blu-Ray version.
I would LOVE an extended RO Blu-Ray. But it has never happened before and I don't have high hopes that it would happen now. I don't know that it is "Disney's" type of thing. J.J. Didn't do it for TFA and we know that they had lots of cut footage for TFA. I mean they went as far as to hold back a commentary track so they could make us double dip a year later for that and or for a 3D version if that is your thing. (I know it's not yours Ares) They did the same thing with The Martian this year. Held back a commentary track and an extended version just to get the double dip. (I know I am so negative!)

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)
So two issues I have with Rogue One are...

• Bohdi seems too unkempt to be a member of the Imperial forces. I imagine all Imperials to be held to a strong regimen of clean shaven and short groomed hair. If he defected just before going to Saw, there would not have been enough time for his hair to grow to the length that it was.

• Along these same lines, for Cassian to pull off impersonating an Imperial officer, he would've needed to be shaven. I don't think any Imperial officers would have a scruffy, unshaven look.

These bothered me both times when seeing the movie. It just didn't fit.

Reaction score
So two issues I have with Rogue One are...

• Bohdi seems too unkempt to be a member of the Imperial forces. I imagine all Imperials to be held to a strong regimen of clean shaven and short groomed hair. If he defected just before going to Saw, there would not have been enough time for his hair to grow to the length that it was.

• Along these same lines, for Cassian to pull off impersonating an Imperial officer, he would've needed to be shaven. I don't think any Imperial officers would have a scruffy, unshaven look.

These bothered me both times when seeing the movie. It just didn't fit.
I agree. I wondered at first if he (Bohdi) wasn't on some remote outpost and he could maybe get away with being a little more scruffy.

And Cassian definitely was too scruffy to not be noticed as being an Imperial officer.

Reaction score
I agree. I wondered at first if he (Bohdi) wasn't on some remote outpost and he could maybe get away with being a little more scruffy.
I could buy that, but it didn't sound that way to me. Plus, Bohdi's a cargo shuttle pilot, so he gets all over and never knows when he may run into an officer who will reprimand him for his sloppy looks. Had it been that he was in hiding for 6 months or so, I could've dealt with it a little better, but the way I took it, he just defected very recently.

Reaction score
Had the same thoughts about Cassian sticking out like a sore thumb. But Galen had a pretty scruffy look as well, so who knows.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Had the same thoughts about Cassian sticking out like a sore thumb. But Galen had a pretty scruffy look as well, so who knows.
That's true. I hadn't considered that.
I had a similar thought. But at this point Galen was basically a prisoner. So they didn't care if he fit "the dress code and/or grooming standards" of The Empire.

Reaction score
I had a similar thought. But at this point Galen was basically a prisoner. So they didn't care if he fit "the dress code and/or grooming standards" of The Empire.

I thought making Galen wear the uniform was more of a punishment (constant reminder of who he works for)....similar to how Negan made Rick carry the bat around in TWD.

Reaction score
I thought making Galen wear the uniform was more of a punishment (constant reminder of who he works for)....similar to how Negan made Rick carry the bat around in TWD.
Good Point. They did make him wear his uniform. But maybe didn't care about making him shave or be more presentable like the other "Energy Scientists".

Reaction score
So I just finished browsing through my Rogue One visual guide.

There are a couple of Imperial Officer of Scarif that are a little scruffy with facial hair.
While I don't remember seeing any of these guys specifically. I only have one viewing under my belt.
So I will have to watch closer next time.

Reaction score
I thought the beginning of the film is a little slow to get going, but the third act is so awesome I walked out of the theater incredibly hyped.

One thing that gets me is why did Galen's exploit of the Death Star have to be so convoluted. Why not do something to the kyber crystals arrangement or energy channeling and just make them blow up when fired?

As for CGI Tarkin, I kinda knew he was going to be in the movie since I heard something about the way they did his CGI was by taking clips of him walking and moving from other films Peter Cushing had acted in. They inserted those clips in to accurately get his movements.

Reaction score
I would think it would be much bigger if it was him and 8 soldiers in there. Seemed like Luke's was a single man craft or much smaller at least than what Krennic would want/need.

Reaction score
I would think it would be much bigger if it was him and 8 soldiers in there. Seemed like Luke's was a single man craft or much smaller at least than what Krennic would want/need.
Agreed! I Was just wondering if they were at all related as they seem very similar in design. From a distance it reminds me more of the T-16 than an Imperial shuttle.

Reaction score
I didn't see this post before my last.

So if this is a T-3C, then I would assume it's just a different model from the same manufacturer, which would make sense to me.

I don't know if you noticed but on my first (and only) viewing there is a point where there are a couple of troopers having a casual kind of distant conversation about how they are discontinuing the "T-15". I laughed out loud, my wife looked over at me in the theater with a look of "what's so funny" This line is similar to the line in ANH where the troopers are having a similar conversation when Ben is shutting down the tractor beam the say "Have you seen that new VT-16" (At least that is what the subtitles say)

There was a similar background line in TFA when right after Han, Chewy & Finn find Phasma and Rey is looking for a hiding place the FO Troopers talking down the way say "Have you checked out the new T-17?"

I love they these little things show up here in there and they show the progression of the model numbers. Fun stuff.

Reaction score
I don't know if you noticed but on my first (and only) viewing there is a point where there are a couple of troopers having a casual kind of distant conversation about how they are discontinuing the "T-15". I laughed out loud, my wife looked over at me in the theater with a look of "what's so funny" This line is similar to the line in ANH where the troopers are having a similar conversation when Ben is shutting down the tractor beam the say "Have you seen that new VT-16" (At least that is what the subtitles say)

There was a similar background line in TFA when right after Han, Chewy & Finn find Phasma and Rey is looking for a hiding place the FO Troopers talking down the way say "Have you checked out the new T-17?"

I love they these little things show up here in there and they show the progression of the model numbers. Fun stuff.
Yeah. I noticed that, but I thought they said "T-16" instead of "T-15", but T-15 makes more sense.

Reaction score
So I just finished browsing through my Rogue One visual guide.

There are a couple of Imperial Officer of Scarif that are a little scruffy with facial hair.
While I don't remember seeing any of these guys specifically. I only have one viewing under my belt.
So I will have to watch closer next time.
I kept checking the movie today for scruffy looking Imperial Officers and never saw one.

I did however notice that the Imperial officer that Vader told to prepare his shuttle just before they went chasing after the Tantive IV sure did look like Lieutenant Sheckil (aka Jeremy Bulloch). I think that would be an awesome nod to Jeremy as he's one of the few actors that has really kept an amazing attitude about Star Wars and showed his full support the entire time. I would say he is only beat by Anthony Daniels, but Anthony gets to be in EVERY Star Wars film and then some.

Reaction score
Another major issue that I have with Rogue One...

I worked at a silicon wafer manufacturing plant and we had storage areas very similar to the ones used to store the data tapes for the Death Star. The thing is with all the technology in Star Wars, why would they have a system that would allow you to look up where the tape is being stored, but not allow you to communicate via the software to retrieve the tape instead of manually using some machine to do it after lighting up it's location.

They could've had the tape being retrieved and then cut the power in the process pretty much the same way it happened and they still had to climb after it. It would've made a whole lot more sense.

Reaction score
I kept checking the movie today for scruffy looking Imperial Officers and never saw one.

I did however notice that the Imperial officer that Vader told to prepare his shuttle just before they went chasing after the Tantive IV sure did look like Lieutenant Sheckil (aka Jeremy Bulloch). I think that would be an awesome nod to Jeremy as he's one of the few actors that has really kept an amazing attitude about Star Wars and showed his full support the entire time. I would say he is only beat by Anthony Daniels, but Anthony gets to be in EVERY Star Wars film and then some.
YES!! I noticed that guy also an thought to myself that guy looks like Bulloch!!

Reaction score
I think they are going to be hard to see.

Here are some things I have found.

In ANH when Han, Luke and Chewy are waiting for the elevator to head up to the Detention Block there are a couple of "Senior" Imperial officers that have mustaches.

I have never really noticed them, but found them this morning when I was looking for the quotes about the "T-16" subject.

And a couple of scans from the visual dictionary of the Facial Hair Imperials.

The younger Halvax has full facial scruff similar to Cassian.
And next to him Lt. Brun has a mustache.

And one of Galens scientists (Vlex Onopin) has full facial scruff going on.

So a couple of instances of facial hair in the Empire in RO and ANH.

Reaction score
My issue was more that Cassian (facial hair and all) looks nothing like the guy that went into the shuttle. There were several Imperials on the landing platform watching the officer and ground crew go into the shuttle. None of them noticed that a completely different guy came out of the shuttle?

Reaction score
I think they are going to be hard to see.

Here are some things I have found.

In ANH when Han, Luke and Chewy are waiting for the elevator to head up to the Detention Block there are a couple of "Senior" Imperial officers that have mustaches.

I have never really noticed them, but found them this morning when I was looking for the quotes about the "T-16" subject.

And a couple of scans from the visual dictionary of the Facial Hair Imperials.

The younger Halvax has full facial scruff similar to Cassian.
And next to him Lt. Brun has a mustache.

And one of Galens scientists (Vlex Onopin) has full facial scruff going on.

So a couple of instances of facial hair in the Empire in RO and ANH.

I can't expand any of your pictures. It shows an error in the address line and just spins forever.

I knew Imperials had mustaches. Yularen and Ozzel both had mustaches, but not the trendy unshaven look Cassian is sporting.

Reaction score
I have one other issue about Rogue One to bring up... If Galen and Lyra were so against the Empire, then why would they give their daughter a Stormtrooper doll. I would never have considered giving my kids a Saddam Hussein doll back when my kids were little. I doubt a lot of kids during WWII had Hitler dolls.

Reaction score
Watched RO for the second time today. It is truly a great movie. I was trying to spot Chopper but I couldn't. Do you guys know in what scene is he in?

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Watched RO for the second time today. It is truly a great movie. I was trying to spot Chopper but I couldn't. Do you guys know in what scene is he in?
Found this...

If you thought that Ghost cameo was just a cursory glance to the show and a get around for not actually including the crew themselves, that’s not totally true – although none of the main speaking gang appear in the film, there is a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it appearance from Chopper, their playful, squat astromech droid.

He can be seen rolling past Mon Mothma when she’s informed of the newly invented “Rogue One’s” mission to Scarif. He’s the most innocuous character to appear, blending in with other droids on the base, but it’s clearly him, all but confirming Kanen, Ezr, and co. were on Yavin IV at the time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They show Captain Antilles. He hands the Death Star plans to Leia. They also show him earlier in the scene with Bail Organa.
I'm well aware he's in it then I was just giving a reference of time when they were calling for everyone.