Rio Durant

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface we should be seeing a Rio Durant in the near future, no further details about this item just yet:

Reaction score
Got this entire wave today. Rio is a really nice figure. 11 points of articulation!

Reaction score
That's great to hear! Where did you get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live in the UK where the SOLO figure have barely appeared on shelfs so I used a UK based website called In Demand Toys. Hopefully they will start appearing elsewhere soon.

Reaction score
I live in the UK where the SOLO figure have barely appeared on shelfs so I used a UK based website called In Demand Toys. Hopefully they will start appearing elsewhere soon.
Can you please post pics? How well do his arms pose?

Thanks

Reaction score
Heres a few not very good pics. His arms swivel at the shoulder and wrist so the movement is pretty decent.

Reaction score
Oh nice. I am looking forward to this figure. Thanks for the photos.

Reaction score
Got this entire wave today. Rio is a really nice figure. 11 points of articulation!
Getting better. But really, how can you not add more POA with 2 more limbs? lol

Swivel wrists are making this line a little more appealing. Almost there...

Reaction score
Getting better. But really, how can you not add more POA with 2 more limbs? lol

Swivel wrists are making this line a little more appealing. Almost there...
I still maintain that Hasbro found for whatever reason the wrists and boots on certain figures were cheaper to cast separately. And then decided to tout it as "We added more articulation in response to fan requests! We're so excited!" ;)

Reaction score
This is the Force Link 2.0 figure I’m most excited about. I’m getting it for sure.

Reaction score
I really wish Hasbro would spend 5 cents more on these figures by adding a wash to bring out the detail. That's my biggest beef with the line - the paint is just not good. Rio's design and textures beg to be brought out more. He will inevitably be a figure I add into my "one of these days I'll get around to customizing" pile.

Honestly I'd really prefer a Vintage Collection SA version of Rio. He'd be incredibly fun.

Reaction score
I really think just swivel elbows would have made a world of difference on this figure. As it is it's still great and fantastic sculpt...just a few more POA would have made it perfect.

Reaction score
Let me guess, sculpted on goggles? :rolleyes:
Their continued middle finger to customizers is another reason for me not buying them! So much potential, yet wasted opportunity. While I'm not into collecting this line, they could lure me in if they only made them more useful. Least they could do if they're not going to make full on SA figures...

Reaction score
Let me guess, sculpted on goggles? :rolleyes:
Their continued middle finger to customizers is another reason for me not buying them! So much potential, yet wasted opportunity. While I'm not into collecting this line, they could lure me in if they only made them more useful. Least they could do if they're not going to make full on SA figures...
Lol - I'm sure that "customizers" are at the very bottom of their priority list (as it should be).

Reaction score
Oh I know we are. But it's still lost revenue for them, when a slight sculpt different would have meant a sale.

Reaction score
Freaky looking figure; for some reason, I find this character design w/the four arms truly grotesque. That being said, I'll definitely get this ;)

Reaction score
Picked up Rio today.

The wrist swivels were unexpected. 11 POA in a tiny figure. Stands OK but is a bit top heavy. Gun fits into holster nicely. Chip is in his left foot and they do have peg holes. With his knee bends sitting may be a bit awkward.

Could the arms and elbows add ball joints? Yep, but this is decent at the sub C$10 price range.

Nice job Hasbro.

Reaction score
Here's some pics of the chip that's in their chests like a little aural xenomorph. (this is that Bala Tik figure, tell that to Kanjiclub guy) :{J

Reaction score
So you're telling me that they're still using 1980's technology, totally explains a lot! :rolleyes:
My BT earbuds are smaller than that!

Reaction score
Me and my brother were talking about how to load new sounds on these chips. Like loading other Jon Favreau film dialogue on the Rio figure. :{J

Reaction score
Picked up Rio today.

The wrist swivels were unexpected. 11 POA in a tiny figure. Stands OK but is a bit top heavy. Gun fits into holster nicely. Chip is in his left foot and they do have peg holes. With his knee bends sitting may be a bit awkward.

Could the arms and elbows add ball joints? Yep, but this is decent at the sub C$10 price range.

Nice job Hasbro.
After opening this, I have to agree that they did a really nice job - 11 POA on a basic figure just doesn't happen. It might have been better to do swivel ankles and only two wrists though, as it spreads out the range of articulation. Love that we're getting yet another new alien species from Hasbro, considering TLJ offered no new aliens as action figures, unless you count Snoke.

Reaction score
yeah this figure has become one of my favorites from the Solo line. It's refreshing to get an alien figure, let alone a new (species) one.

Reaction score
Finally got this 3.75" Rio Durant figure. Excellent sculpt, and I really like the 4 arms & outfit. Really cool little guy; this is definitely one of my favorite aliens in the new line(s).

Reaction score
TBH, it's beyond ludicrous how HTF this and a few other were. Essentially turning an $8 figure into $15-20 figure due to scalping. What's worse is that it was happening right on retailers websites as if it were ebay type of scum and villainy!

Reaction score
Whats ironic is that for a movie that didn't do as great as expected, the demand for the basic figures still had some strength. I think that has much to do with the character choice - this being a great one. A new alien species is always welcome in my collection. Wider distribution should have been sought, as I saw this wave ONCE at retail. Had this line been released properly, the basic line could have been given an essential boost.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a shame that this excellent Rio Durant figure & others in the wave were so incredibly difficult to find @ regular retail stores. I only got a couple of these from this HTF wave @ Ross (Durant & Val), and felt lucky to find them.

I'm glad I did, since not only are these great figures, but getting them "saved" me (ha ha) from buying the characters in the more expensive 6" line. Though I've grown to like, appreciate, and collect the 6" line to some extent - the 3.75" figures are really my preferred scale.

Reaction score
Solo is one of the best looking SW movie, visually speaking - and I love most of what has been produced by Hasbro from this movie!

Thus far, as far as collecting goes, most of what I’ve acquired has been from both Rogue One and Solo.
This may be due to the time periods / settings of both movies (OT and pre-OT) - however the design languages used in both standalones has been on point - and visually interesting, in comparison to other movies throughout the saga.

I feel the demand is absolutely there for Solo figures (and tangentially Solo diecast starships / vehicles - which never hit retail here in New Zealand), so it’s a shame so many of these figures have been scarce or HTF (or non-existing).

Reaction score
Solo is one of the best looking SW movie, visually speaking - and I love most of what has been produced by Hasbro from this movie!
Agreed. It's a shame that there weren't more Solo toys produced - and that the ones that were produced were in many cases extremely HTF. I would definitely have wanted a lot more figures from the film (especially the plethora of cool aliens), the box-like speeder with the Imperial Trooper (from the beginning of the film), etc. This was a real missed opportunity.

Reaction score
Agreed. It's a shame that there weren't more Solo toys produced - and that the ones that were produced were in many cases extremely HTF. I would definitely have wanted a lot more figures from the film (especially the plethora of cool aliens), the box-like speeder with the Imperial Trooper (from the beginning of the film), etc. This was a real missed opportunity.
I absolutely agree - QFT!

An Imperial Patrol Speeder would have been a perfect vehicle choice, as it’s versatile and ubiquitous enough of a design, it could fit into just about most settings for some imaginative play (IMO).