Riddell Star Wars Mini-Helmets

Reaction score
Here is my collection of original Riddell SW mini-helmets. They were exquisite, and I sorely wish this line would have continued.

Reaction score
Congrats on getting these. All excellent helmets. I even worked on a written and visual guide for them thirteen years ago, as indeed, they are a fantastic design in a small package. After Riddell wa axed, I also collected all the ones Master Replicas produced in the same scale, which are just as good, since MR took over the Riddell molds and maintained a high level of design for all of them. If you haven't collected those, I strongly recommend them. Unfortunately when MR lost its license, GG took over it and they only produced re-paints such as the pink and gold Vader helmets and the Jango Fett one ( pretty much a straight copy from the Boba Fett mold). As it has been mentioned so many times by fans of this scaled helmets, and as many collectors like you and me want the line to continue, GG should pass on the license to a maker that would really care to produce them. The Scout Trooper, the TIE fighter Pilot and the AT-AT driver are among the most requested ones going by our own poll here alone with 150 votes. There are existing copies of the Tie Fighter Pilot helmet, six of them. Someone should start producing this one first.

(Please do not copy. Used with Chris Reiff's permission, the helmet's designer)

During Celebration VI, it was brought to their attention at their booth the wish of many collectors to have the .45 helmets produced. Greg AKA Rogue 1 (GG's official link to these forums back then) said they "had ideas about the helmets but everything was on the back burner". He suggested starting up a thread and getting behind one design, and that an effort would be made on his part to bring it to the decision makers at GG and help push for the line. Unfortunately, they seemed not to care. Despite our own poll here and the wishing of collectors in other forums as well to see the line being continued, it has remained dormant, and no effort has been made to bring it back. Looking at all the weird stuff GG is producing these days, many collectibles no one has asked for, ignoring the mini helmets so many of us have shown a desire to purchase feels like a complete overlook on their part to collectors' wishes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanx LightSword for info & fanning the flames to get more .45 minis produced.

Reaction score
Thanx LightSword for info & fanning the flames to get more .45 minis produced.
You are welcome. Thank you as well for being yet another collector wanting something positive done about this line. In all honesty, we should be more vocal about our desire to see the line coming back. We should bring this to GG's attention at every convention they have a presence. San Diego Comic Con would be a good start for this. Persistence pays, and if we want something really bad, we shouldn't let our wishes fade away.

Reaction score
Every con I always check to see if someone has started the line again. If GG isn't going to do anything with it they should let Anovos pick it up. They are already doing Star Wars helmets and scaled MCU stuff.